• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Harrison @ Camden Fairview

Started by CF, November 08, 2014, 08:53:20 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Redbird88

Quote from: that1guy2110 on November 10, 2014, 08:04:35 pm
Not enough balls to go around to keep the fans at Camden happy. Danged if you do and danged if ya dont. Win 26-6 and still got folks complaining about so and so not getting ball enough.  Cards 35-21
coach alert⬆️⬆️⬆️

spongebob

Not enough balls to go around to keep the fans at Camden happy. Danged if you do and danged if ya dont. Win 26-6 and still got folks complaining about so and so not getting ball enough.  Cards 35-21
I don't recall reading anyone upset about a certain player not getting the ball?

that1guy2110

I wish. Coached pee wee a couple years when I was younger. Lol. I can just think of 7 or 8 kids that deserve the ball. Can't get it to all of em and it shows on here. I do support our coaches though. While I'm here I thought 52 played his best ball game last week. 12 played a heck of a ball game also. Heck they all played good last week. Just got to keep it rolling this week

CF

Quote from: spongebob on November 10, 2014, 08:18:32 pm
I don't recall reading anyone upset about a certain player not getting the ball?
Your right sponge, the way it sounds most people concerned about the coaching primarily the play calling and not trying to adjust on defense ( Hot Springs game).

Redbird88

Quote from: CF on November 10, 2014, 08:32:05 pm
Quote from: spongebob on November 10, 2014, 08:18:32 pm
Your right sponge, the way it sounds most people concerned about the coaching primarily the play calling and not trying to adjust on defense ( Hot Springs game).+1

that1guy2110

Maybe I just misread some posts then

Go Postal

What could the Goblins bring to the table for this game?  These are accordingly from maxpreps.com for the 5A.  Here are some stats for Harrison after 10 games played.  I couldn't find stats for Camden Fairview, so I will use some Pulaski Academy stats for comparision.  I only put the top 5 5A stats here unless Harrison/PA were below the top 5.  I also included the Nation Average for comparision.

Passing yards:
1.  Will Hefley (PA) 3305
2.  Brock Humphrey (GOBS) 3222
National Average 300

Rushing yards:
Morrilton, Lakeside, Maumelle (x2) leads in the top 5.
6.  Myles Fells (PA) 594
7.  Will Potts (GOBS) 512
8.  Brock Humphrey (GOBS) 509
12.  Jaren Watkins (PA) 396
National Average 156

Receiving Yards:
1.  Will Hastings (PA) 1346
2.  Kanon Kirkland (GOBS) 1083
3.  Silas Huskey (GOBS) 924
5.  Tre Bruce (PA) 649
National Average 114

Total points:
I didn't see PA listed for this, but...
2.  Kanon Kirkland (GOBS) 114 > 19 TDs
6.  Jordan Reeves (GOBS) 61 > 7 FGs, 40 Pats
9.  Brock Humphey (GOBS) 54 > 47 TDs
10.  Hunter Marshall (GOBS) 48 > 8 TDs
National Average 21

Total tackles:
I also didn't see PA listed for this, but...
10.  Cooper King (GOBS) 49
12.  Hunter Humphrey (Brock's twin)(GOBS) 46
13.  Cody Taylor (GOBS) 46
16.  Will Potts (GOBS) 34
National Average 20

Sacks:
Once again, PA is not listed, but...
1.  Cody Taylor (GOBS) 5.0
11.  Michael Martin (GOBS) 2.0
National Average 1.7

INTs:
1.  Silas Huskey (GOBS) 6
tie for 2/3.  Justin Charette (PA) 4
4/5 tie.  Garrett Stacy (GOBS) 3
4/5 tie.  Cody Andersen (PA) 3
National Average 1

Good Luck to both teams on this game!
I looked where is Camden, AR on the maps.  WoW!  Long drive for the Goblins, from north to south.  Maybe the Harrison school district will let them go down there  on Thursday and stay the night to be rested for Friday's game since this is the 1st time that Harrison has been in the football playoffs since 2006.   ;) wink,  ;) wink, nudge, nudge, say no more, to Harrison's school district.

spongebob

Quote from: Go Postal on November 10, 2014, 10:02:04 pm
What could the Goblins bring to the table for this game?  These are accordingly from maxpreps.com for the 5A.  Here are some stats for Harrison after 10 games played.  I couldn't find stats for Camden Fairview, so I will use some Pulaski Academy stats for comparision.  I only put the top 5 5A stats here unless Harrison/PA were below the top 5.  I also included the Nation Average for comparision.

Passing yards:
National Average 300

Rushing yards:
6.  Myles Fells (PA) 594
National Average 156

Receiving Yards:
5.  Tre Bruce (PA) 649
National Average 114

Total points:
National Average 21

Total tackles:
National Average 20

Sacks:
National Average 1.7

INTs:
National Average 1

I looked where is Camden, AR on the maps.  WoW!  Long drive for the Goblins, from north to south.  Maybe the Harrison school district will let them go down there  on Thursday and stay the night to be rested for Friday's game since this is the 1st time that Harrison has been in the football playoffs since 2006.   ;) wink,  ;) wink, nudge, nudge, say no more, to Harrison's school district.
Are you driving down for the game? How many fans from Harrison would you expect to make the trip? Better bring something to stay warm as its forecasted to be North Arkansas type weather in Camden on Friday night.

wing

Quote from: Go Postal on November 10, 2014, 10:02:04 pm

Passing yards:
National Average 300

Rushing yards:
6.  Myles Fells (PA) 594
National Average 156

Receiving Yards:
5.  Tre Bruce (PA) 649
National Average 114

Total points:
National Average 21

Total tackles:
National Average 20

Sacks:
National Average 1.7

INTs:
National Average 1

It's what we do every hog game Postal. Ya'll  have safe trip to LA.

Hoggy

Harrison has never seen speed like they will Friday night that's a fact.  Still think they have a good shot because Camden is not great on offense and not disciplined

michael2370

Harrison is much improved but the west not as fast and had not played the schedule of some of the other divisions.  Stats look nice against  easier comp.

MDXPHD

Quote from: Hoggy on November 11, 2014, 08:32:46 am
Harrison has never seen speed like they will Friday night that's a fact.  Still think they have a good shot because Camden is not great on offense and not disciplined

Sure they have, they played Mountain Home earlier this year. 

Temprees

November 11, 2014, 09:28:54 am #62 Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 10:13:48 am by Temprees
Quote from: Rockhounds x2 on November 11, 2014, 09:17:14 am
Pretty sure this is football not Track! The Razorback basketball team recruits athletes not basketball players! And how's that working out!
You are wrong about the Razorbacks. They recruit basketball players who are athletic.  It's working out fine.  They have improved each year under Coach Anderson, and this team will be better than each of the last three. 

michael2370

For many years now mountain home has been horrible.   They need to play non confrece like Batesville.  They placed Watson Chapel Searcy  and Joneboro.  All three are in the playoffs.  and Batesville played two of the three away.  That will give them an example of the speed to prepare for in and post season

MDXPHD

Quote from: michael2370 on November 11, 2014, 11:14:56 am
For many years now mountain home has been horrible.   They need to play non confrece like Batesville.  They placed Watson Chapel Searcy  and Joneboro.  All three are in the playoffs.  and Batesville played two of the three away.  That will give them an example of the speed to prepare for in and post season

Interesting.  You count Searcy as a good non-conference opponent? Morrilton beat them this season I believe, and Morrilton didn't make the playoffs.  Searcy made the playoffs because they are 6a, which means everyone makes the playoffs.

michael2370

If everyone in six a makes the playoffs where is mountain home

wing

Quote from: Rockhounds x2 on November 11, 2014, 12:28:01 pm
Temprees:

--- Quote from: Rockhounds x2 on Today at 09:17:14 am ---Pretty sure this is football not Track! The Razorback basketball team recruits athletes not basketball players! And how's that working out!

--- End quote ---
You are wrong about the Razorbacks. They recruit basketball players who are athletic.  It's working out fine.  They have improved each year under Coach Anderson, and this team will be better than each of the last three.

I've watched them the past two seasons! That's time of my life I will never get back! They are pitiful! No shooters period! If they couldn't dunk and press they'd never score!

Pretty sure we handled Morrilton this year! I know we are slow but we will go ahead and show up Friday night anyway!

Concerning the Razorback BB Team, I'll have to agree with Temp. They have improved each year under CMA. I think you will enjoy this season. We will be going to the big dance.

Hoggy

Quote from: Rockhounds x2 on November 11, 2014, 09:17:14 am
Pretty sure this is football not Track! The Razorback basketball team recruits athletes not basketball players! And how's that working out!
100 percent agree

Rockhounds x2

wing:

--- Quote from: Rockhounds x2 on Today at 12:28:01 pm ---Temprees:

--- Quote from: Rockhounds x2 on Today at 09:17:14 am ---Pretty sure this is football not Track! The Razorback basketball team recruits athletes not basketball players! And how's that working out!

--- End quote ---

I've watched them the past two seasons! That's time of my life I will never get back! They are pitiful! No shooters period! If they couldn't dunk and press they'd never score!

Pretty sure we handled Morrilton this year! I know we are slow but we will go ahead and show up Friday night anyway!

--- End quote ---

Concerning the Razorback BB Team, I'll have to agree with Temp. They have improved each year under CMA. I think you will enjoy this season. We will be going to the big dance.

They'd have to get better because they were horrible! The dance we will see but I doubt it! 1 time in ten years not acceptable!

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Rockhounds x2 on November 11, 2014, 02:28:53 pm
wing:

--- Quote from: Rockhounds x2 on Today at 12:28:01 pm ---Temprees:

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

They'd have to get better because they were horrible! The dance we will see but I doubt it! 1 time in ten years not acceptable!

So you don't think they'll make the tournament this year?

Temprees

November 11, 2014, 03:17:46 pm #70 Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 03:23:19 pm by Temprees
Quote from: Rockhounds x2 on November 11, 2014, 12:28:01 pm
Temprees:

--- End quote ---

Not sure why you included the above phrase in your response to me about Razorback basketball.  I had not  commented on the speed/slow debate.  However, I would add that your mention of "handling Morrilton this year", doesn't help your argument.  Morrilton 3-4 (Conf) and 4-6 (overall), doesn't prove your point.  Your team was +15 in handling Morrillton, while 4A Pottsville was (+20) in handling Morrillton. 

I was not, and still am not, in this speed/slow debate.  Just pointing out to you that using Morrillton 2014 does nothing to prove your point.  But if you want to get into comparisons, you might want to consider what is it about (first year in 5A) Maumelle that caused both Greenbrier and Harrison to score the fewest points of the Season against Maumelle.  Maumelle is just one year removed from 4A.  I haven't seen Maumelle this year, or ever for that matter. So I have no idea why their defense was so successful against both you and Greenbrier.

Rockhounds x2

Was it pouring down rain when Pottsville played them and we throw the ball so it does matter!

Just because we aren't as fast as Fairview is doesn't make them a better team!

Rockhounds x2

So you don't think they'll make the tournament this year?

I'm not gonna hold my breath!

I've won hundreds of dollars the past 3 years from fans of hog football saying this is our year!!

Temprees

Quote from: Rockhounds x2 on November 11, 2014, 03:23:22 pm
Was it pouring down rain when Pottsville played them and we throw the ball so it does matter!

I haven't said who was the fastest or the best team, but I know both.  I'm just not saying.  You are arguing against yourself. 

wing

I think we can all agree that while CF may be faster at some positions, that certainly does not mean a win. I don't think any CF fans have said that. If they did, they need to go back and watch the tapes of the 2007, 2010 & 2011 Greenwood games.

spongebob

November 11, 2014, 04:08:24 pm #75 Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 04:13:58 pm by spongebob
Quote from: Rockhounds x2 on November 11, 2014, 03:23:22 pm

Harrison will be a handful Friday night. I won't be surprised to see either team win. I just wish I knew which CF team was coming? The one at Magnolia or the one who played Hope?

Temprees

November 11, 2014, 04:54:04 pm #76 Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 08:26:11 pm by Temprees
Quote from: wing on November 11, 2014, 04:07:28 pm
I think we can all agree that while CF may be faster at some positions, that certainly does not mean a win. I don't think any CF fans have said that. If they did, they need to go back and watch the tapes of the 2007, 2010 & 2011 Greenwood games.
Greenwood is the only West team to ever beat CF. CF beat all of the others (Siloam Springs, Morrillton, Alma (twice), and Greenbrier.   Both Siloam Springs in 2007 Siloam Springs  and Greenbrier in 2009 had high scoring passing offenses.  SS scored a season low of 10 points, and Neal Burcham (Greenbrier) was intercepted 4 times in a CF blowout win. But all of that was during the James era. Now we start anew in the Cox era.

pantherblue

In 09 the Burcham year when I froze down there was the first time I ever watched D backs block a WR till the ball was thrown then run and catch it.  They got called for it once though.

Rockhounds x2

Well at least by some fluke harrison was to win at least there is already a reason why!

Temprees

November 11, 2014, 08:20:45 pm #79 Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 09:26:35 pm by Temprees
Quote from: pantherblue on November 11, 2014, 06:27:38 pm
In 09 the Burcham year when I froze down there was the first time I ever watched D backs block a WR till the ball was thrown then run and catch it.  They got called for it once though.
The DBs did not block the receivers, but the DBs that year were really good at bumping and running, which was not, and is not illegal, as long as the pass has not been thrown.  There was one time during that game when our  corner bumped the receiver AFTER the pass had been thrown, and the official correctly threw the flag.  The corner intercepted that pass also, but the penalty wiped it out.   Those CF corners were very good.  They played mostly man to man the whole season. One went on to start as a freshman at Missouri State, and the other is playing professional baseball in the Toronto Blue Jays organization, as an outfielder.

Go Postal

A couple of things here,
1.  Yes maybe Harrison hasn't seen the speed that CF's team can bring.  But we have seen some of the speed demons that Maumelle, Greenbrier, Vilonia and Morriiton has.  BTW, congrats to Minor from Motown on breaking school record on rushing yards, he might also have the best rushing stats in the 5A.
2.  Above stats wise, Harrison has only played three 6A teams in non conference and then the 5A West.  So that is why I put PA as a comparison with their non conference schedule and their regular season.  Also because the winner of this game will more than likely be facing them in quarterfinals.  So I guess when fans say that Harrison's stats are because of weaker opponents faced, then they are saying the same thing about PA.  That's okay, everybody has their own opinion.

Good Luck to both teams this Friday!

PercussionMan

Quote from: Go Postal on November 12, 2014, 08:32:22 am

So I guess when fans say that Harrison's stats are because of weaker opponents faced, then they are saying the same thing about PA.  That's okay, everybody has their own opinion.

Very true, Go Postal...a lot of people said the same thing last year about Morrilton once they got to the playoffs, and I'm pretty sure they were picked to lose in each of the last three games in the playoffs.  We all know how that ended up going! 

DogsWin7

Go Postal

Just curious, how will the weather be on Friday at Camden, AR?  This could affect the running/passing game for both.  Also, what is CF's turf?  Natural or synthetic?

wing

Quote from: Go Postal on November 12, 2014, 10:03:57 am
Just curious, how will the weather be on Friday at Camden, AR?  This could affect the running/passing game for both.  Also, what is CF's turf?  Natural or synthetic?

Our field is natural. Should be in decent shape. The low Friday night will be probably upper 20's. I would say KO will be low 40's or upper 30's. Should be a great ballgame.

Temprees

Quote from: PercussionMan on November 12, 2014, 08:44:45 am

So I guess when fans say that Harrison's stats are because of weaker opponents faced, then they are saying the same thing about PA.  That's okay, everybody has their own opinion.

Very true, Go Postal...a lot of people said the same thing last year about Morrilton once they got to the playoffs, and I'm pretty sure they were picked to lose in each of the last three games in the playoffs.  We all know how that ended up going! 
Maybe I missed it, but I haven't seen anywhere in this topic where anyone said anything about Harrison's stats.  You seem to be creating an issue out of thin air.

MDXPHD

Quote from: Temprees on November 12, 2014, 10:33:33 am

Maybe I missed it, but I haven't seen anywhere in this topic where anyone said anything about Harrison's stats.  You seem to be creating an issue out of thin air.

Even though it hasn't been brought up, that's exactly why their stats are so high.  Not that they couldn't win games against good teams, but they sure won't be scoring or passing for near as much against a good defense.  Morrilton was scoring like crazy last year and then they played Batesville/Hope and didn't score their average, even though they still won the games.

Go Postal

November 12, 2014, 07:54:15 pm #87 Last Edit: November 12, 2014, 07:57:16 pm by Go Postal
Quote from: MDXPHD on November 12, 2014, 05:34:16 pm
Quote from: Temprees on November 12, 2014, 10:33:33 am

Even though it hasn't been brought up, that's exactly why their stats are so high.  Not that they couldn't win games against good teams, but they sure won't be scoring or passing for near as much against a good defense.  Morrilton was scoring like crazy last year and then they played Batesville/Hope and didn't score their average, even though they still won the games.

Quote from: michael2370 on November 11, 2014, 08:56:09 am
Harrison is much improved but the west not as fast and had not played the schedule of some of the other divisions.  Stats look nice against  easier comp.

@Tempress and MDXPHD, I'm not trying to start any issues.  Just putting out info that I could find.  I wish that I had found some stats for CF to put here also, but I couldn't find any.  I would really like to see those also.  The South and West conferences have been so exciting this year on who beat who and whatever for the final seedings.  I like both of these teams and really would like for it to be a great game for fans/schools of both.

Good luck to both and hopefully the winner after this game (barring injuries) will be physically able to take on PA and win. ;)

"Cardinals can fly, but these cardinals will show their speed with their feet and in the air.  Goblins are a mythological entity, so you never know what they will do." ;D

GO GOLDEN GOBLINS!!!

Intelligentsia

Harrison may just "go postal" on CF:). I doubt it, but time will tell!!

InYoGrill

I whimped out on you that year, didnt I?  LOL!

pantherblue

Yes you did IYG.   It was cold!!!  Friday night will be cold too!!  I will be there with my daughter on GB side ;)

Go Postal

Quote from: Intelligentsia on November 12, 2014, 08:15:10 pm
Harrison may just "go postal" on CF:). I doubt it, but time will tell!!
That is hilarious, my Northeastern buddy.  Good Luck to your "little" team also. ;)  LOL!

Go Postal

Quote from: InYoGrill on November 12, 2014, 08:15:59 pm

I whimped out on you that year, didnt I?  LOL!
Quote from: pantherblue on November 12, 2014, 08:25:10 pm
Yes you did IYG.   It was cold!!!  Friday night will be cold too!!  I will be there with my daughter on GB side ;)
If any game that I could be at that is close to Harrison, I would be sitting between my two buddies on this game at GB.  PB, after knowing you all these years, didn't know you had a daughter.  Does she play any sports?  PM me for your answer if you want.

Go Postal

Serious question to CF fans.  I won't be at the game.  What live radio or video computer streaming will be available for this game?  Harrison local radio will be there for us in Harrison, but no live streaming on the internet.  Not sure if GOBTV will be allowed to live stream video for playoff games.  Thanks.

CF

Quote from: Go Postal on November 12, 2014, 09:04:19 pm
Serious question to CF fans.  I won't be at the game.  What live radio or video computer streaming will be available for this game?  Harrison local radio will be there for us in Harrison, but no live streaming on the internet.  Not sure if GOBTV will be allowed to live stream video for playoff games.  Thanks.
Y95.  It's 95.3 on radio   There website is yesradioworks.com.  No video just radio

InYoGrill

I can't sit on "that" other side. It would like crossing over to the yankee side. I would lose Eagle friends if known. I'll be sittin next to Burcham on one side and Winston on the other, LOL!!!!!!! NOT!

See you at the game. I'll save Postal a seat anyway. No one can sit to my right in honor of Postal and a Goblin win over CFV.

;D ;D

CoachGMoney

Good luck to Coach Cox, his staff, and the Cardinals!

pantherblue

Quote from: InYoGrill on November 13, 2014, 07:11:52 am

I can't sit on "that" other side. It would like crossing over to the yankee side. I would lose Eagle friends if known. I'll be sittin next to Burcham on one side and Winston on the other, LOL!!!!!!! NOT!

See you at the game. I'll save Postal a seat anyway. No one can sit to my right in honor of Postal and a Goblin win over CFV.

;D ;D

Okay then I won't say it wouldn't be your first time to sit on the GB side    ;D

Wildhog14

InYoGrill

Quote from: pantherblue on November 13, 2014, 09:30:04 am
Quote from: InYoGrill on November 13, 2014, 07:11:52 am

;D ;D

Okay then I won't say it wouldn't be your first time to sit on the GB side    ;D

Never ever happened during my lifetime. When was that you blue belly pot stirrer? I dont mind rooting for the west but sitting amongst infidels is just not cool. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas