• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Harrison @ Camden Fairview

Started by CF, November 08, 2014, 08:53:20 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Rockhounds x2 on November 15, 2014, 11:40:12 am
Youngsta71701:

--- Quote from: Rockhounds x2 on November 14, 2014, 11:31:10 pm ---Well I guess the CF speed was too much for our little slow team! Would have like to have seen the refs stopped the D backs from holding all second Half but oh well!
Good luck to CF next week!

Very proud of this Goblin team!
And my two boys,
#28 on D
#4 on O love you guys!

--- End quote ---

The Harrison corners were holding all night. They just didn't start calling it until the 2nd half. With that being said. It was a great game. #4, #2, and #21 gave us fits all night. They were faster in person than I thought they would be. Humphries put some of those passes right on the money. And that interception by #21 Huskey I think his name was. It was one of the best I've seen at any level. Great game Goblins. You guys are on the way.

You may be right about the holding but it was only called on us in the second half! Was a good exciting game good luck!

Thanks, we're gonna need it. Same to you guys in the future!

Go Postal

I found this article today about Friday's game.  People that wondered how the second half scoring was done by both teams, read this...

http://boonecosports.blogspot.com/2014/11/wild-fourth-quarter-ends-goblins.html

Still was a great game.  Good Luck CF next week!

spongebob

Quote from: Go Postal on November 15, 2014, 07:42:46 pm
I found this article today about Friday's game.  People that wondered how the second half scoring was done by both teams, read this...

http://boonecosports.blogspot.com/2014/11/wild-fourth-quarter-ends-goblins.html

Still was a great game.  Good Luck CF next week!
I didn't see CF trying to pad stats. I saw CF trying to put more points on the board to stay ahead of Harrison because they were struggling to stop the Goblin offense!

that1guy2110

Yea 7 points ain't enough lead with Harrison's offense. Besides it ain't like we were throwing it deep. We simply ran the ball. No stat padding IMO

Go Postal

November 16, 2014, 10:41:20 am #154 Last Edit: November 16, 2014, 10:42:52 am by Go Postal
I totally agree guys.  I though the same thing.  I was wondering though, in your opinion, do you guys think that Harrison (if we would have gotten 4th West seed) could have beat the 1st South seed or at least had a chance?  Thanks.

Rockhounds x2

The last 2 tds that CF scored was intentionally allowed by our defense. So we could get the ball back to set up a onside kick attempt! We needed the ball twice to score and not enough time to sustain a drive

spongebob

Quote from: Go Postal on November 16, 2014, 10:41:20 am
I totally agree guys.  I though the same thing.  I was wondering though, in your opinion, do you guys think that Harrison (if we would have gotten 4th West seed) could have beat the 1st South seed or at least had a chance?  Thanks.
Good question. If you can get the onside kick 4 times during the game, you can compete with anybody. CF moved the ball all night on the ground and Hot Springs runs the ball better than the Cardinals. If CF recovers all of those onside kicks, I don't think this is a 7 point game. But they didn't and it was.

spongebob

Quote from: Rockhounds x2 on November 16, 2014, 12:39:59 pm
The last 2 tds that CF scored was intentionally allowed by our defense. So we could get the ball back to set up a onside kick attempt! We needed the ball twice to score and not enough time to sustain a drive
And what about the first 7 TD's? Same strategy?

war cardinals

How many yards passing did Humphrey end up having

spongebob

Rockhounds x2

How many big runs did you have on the first 7 tds?  Zero!! Think about it..

war cardinals

I been to many CF games and that was the craziest one yet

spongebob

Quote from: Rockhounds x2 on November 16, 2014, 04:44:36 pm
How many big runs did you have on the first 7 tds?  Zero!! Think about it..
Ok Einstein, the TD to take the lead after the Harrison player touches an onside kick that only goes 8 yards. Next play Wilson goes 60 yards around the end to take the lead for the first time in the game. Harrison let him score for CF to take the lead? The TD before that he runs 35 yards and is tackled at the 5 yard line. I guess he tripped or according to you he would have scored cause they werent going to tackle him? The good news for Harrison is basketball season starts Monday...

Drama Mama ™

Why the heck would our D INTENTIONALLY ALLOW a flippen TD ?  Oh geez........ so we ALLOWED CF to score 2 FREAKING TD's for the sake of kicking an onside ?  no way......... I am unplugging your internet connection on this one :)

wildboy44

Intelligentsia

Quote from: Drama Mama ™ on November 16, 2014, 05:59:12 pm
Why the heck would our D INTENTIONALLY ALLOW a flippen TD ?  Oh geez........ so we ALLOWED CF to score 2 FREAKING TD's for the sake of kicking an onside ?  no way......... I am unplugging your internet connection on this one :)

I have seen that attempted - unsuccessfully .  The team with the lead & ball milking the clock allowed to score in an attempt for the trailing team to score quickly then attempt to recover an onside kick and go score again for the win.  I bet it has worked, sometime, somewhere.

Rockhounds x2

We was behind by 7 with less than 2:00 left and they had a first down they could essentially ran out the clock!
We let them get a TD so we got the ball and ran it for a TD on the kickoff and was able to try a onside kick had we recovered we woulda had a chance to score and tie or go for 2 and the win! It didn't work and we let them score again and we did too and failed again on the onside attempt! Only chance we had!

Drama Mama ™

RHx2 , Should have explained that a little better in your first attempt :)  just saying we intentionally let them score 2 TD's for the onside was pretty vague and not accurate.    I watched the game...........scored, still down a TD , kicked the onside, didn't work........ pretty much sums it up. 

wildboy44

Quote from: Intelligentsia on November 16, 2014, 06:09:59 pm
Quote from: Drama Mama ™ on November 16, 2014, 05:59:12 pm

I have seen that attempted - unsuccessfully .  The team with the lead & ball milking the clock allowed to score in an attempt for the trailing team to score quickly then attempt to recover an onside kick and go score again for the win.  I bet it has worked, sometime, somewhere.
Greenwood worked it I believe against PA or vise versa.

Rockhounds x2

Drama Mama ™:
RHx2 , Should have explained that a little better in your first attempt :)  just saying we intentionally let them score 2 TD's for the onside was pretty vague and not accurate.    I watched the game...........scored, still down a TD , kicked the onside, didn't work........ pretty much sums it up.

Sorry

Maynard G Krebs

Bottom line for me is that Harrison is a much improved program.  I am a big fan of the OC and he has done a really good job.  Kudos to the Goblins on a good year.

wildboy44

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on November 16, 2014, 09:37:13 pm
Bottom line for me is that Harrison is a much improved program.  I am a big fan of the OC and he has done a really good job.  Kudos to the Goblins on a good year.
I am a fan of him also. I met him this summer. He will be a HC soon.

Go Postal

Stats as promised on this game. 

This was a great game to finish off the Goblin's football season.
    Harrison, which finished the year with a 6-5 record, rolled up 444 yards of offense on the night while Fairview had 395.
Humphrey completed 30 of 56 for 340 yards and six touchdowns, giving him 44 TD passes with 3562 passing yards on the season with 11 games and leading him in 2nd place in the entire State of schools that play football.  He also plays basketball and baseball.
Huskey caught 15 passes for 150 yards and two touchdowns. With that, Huskey went over the 1,000-yard receiving mark for the season.  Ends his football season as State 3rd best receiver after 11 games and 8 TDs with 1074 receiving yards on offense and also leads the State with 7 defensive interceptions.  This is only his second season playing football and he does also play basketball and baseball.
Kirkland, who achieved that 1,000-yard mark last week, caught six passes for 83 yards and three touchdowns, giving him 23 scores with puts him at #2 in the State with 1166 recieving yards on the season with 11 games.
Hunter Marshall caught five for 93 yards and one touchdown.
Tommy Harp led Harrison's ground game, getting 86 yards on 14 carries. Humphrey had 18 on seven.
Wilson led Fairview with 128 yards on 10 carries with three touchdowns while Franklin had 118 on 18 carries and three touchdowns.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas