• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jacksonville at Batesville (1st Round)

Started by MDXPHD, November 08, 2014, 08:29:19 am

Previous topic - Next topic

ImHogginIt

Quote from: Rampage72501 on November 14, 2014, 10:05:52 am
I don't have any data to back up the attendance figures, but I never had any data to confirm the attendace was down either.  I trust my sources who said it was.

There are only so many ways you can slice the pie.  One thing we have not discussed here is the impact live streaming of away games has on our opponents.  If a Pioneer fan stays at home because he/she can watch a game live, for free, that's lost gate and concessions for our opponent.  How long before those administrations start charging us to stream the games live?  What about the resturants in Paragould, Wynne, and other towns that lose out on fans travelling to games?  Where do you set the boundary for blocking IP addresses.  Is it fair for someone who lives 20 miles away to get the game when someone who lives 15 miles away cannot?

I say all that to say I do think there is a place for live streaming of games, but it's not as simple as some people believe it to be.  I can tell you my eyes were opened to things I never gave a second thought to when I was a part of it, and the truth is most people don't think about the business side of things nor something as simple as trying to keep expensive equipment dry when there is no room for you in a pressbox.

The same argument can be said for MLB, college football, ect... Watching live at home isn't hurting their attendance in most cases and I highly doubt it would hurt on the hs level either.

Looks like they are streaming the game live tonight. Hot dang! Go Pioneers !!!

The_Pioneer

Boy, we look terrible tonight.  Jacksonville came ready to play.  We act like they should just go ahead and lose so we can play next week.

Intelligentsia

No blocking!!!!!!!!  Jacksonville is in the backfield before our QB :-[

The Future

Woa woa hold on. This ain't right. Batesville isn't suppose to blow the game til week 14?! Guys read the script!

Ok cheap shot lol.
I ain't watching the game or keepin up with any updates, but I'm guessing Batesville must be playing very bad in order to be losing to Jacksonville. Not a knock on Jacksonville. Batesville should not be losing to Jacksonville.
But hey thats what playoffs are. You can't afford to have an off night and play bad and lose in the playoffs. Theres no next week to rebound with a win.

Batesville will pull the win in the end. But they can't let this happen again.

Titan Spirit

great call Jvill put another qb in at your 1 yard line two terrible throw and a pick...

The_Pioneer

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: ImHogginIt on November 14, 2014, 08:29:35 am
Quote from: MDXPHD on November 14, 2014, 08:27:24 am
Quote from: Rampage72501 on November 14, 2014, 07:56:35 am
Quote from: MDXPHD on November 14, 2014, 07:53:44 am
Quote from: Intelligentsia on November 14, 2014, 07:42:38 am
Considering $$$, I believe the delayed home game broadcast to be a fair compromise. Home game attendance is up after implementation of the delay.  I don't know how else to explain the increase, other than the broadcast delay.  Most of our sports rely totally on the football gate revenue, so delayed broadcast is a necessary evil.  (That does not even take into consideration the improved atmosphere generated as result of increased attendance.)

Some people just can't make the game.  I think you should offer a live stream with pay, since it is all about money. You actually might make more money come playoffs since some people that would never travel to Batesville would pay to watch them play. 

Playoffs also bring another element into play...the AAA.  They would certainly want their cut of any revenue generated from live streaming...

Do they get their cut from the gate too? If so, I don't see why the percentage can't be the same.

I'm not sure about the concession, surely there is a small percentage that can be cut for that too.  They could find a streaming company that allows "blackout" markets and just blackout anyone within a small radius of Batesville from streaming the game.  This would be a good fix I think.
Quote from: MDXPHD on November 14, 2014, 08:27:24 am
Quote from: Rampage72501 on November 14, 2014, 07:56:35 am
Quote from: MDXPHD on November 14, 2014, 07:53:44 am
Quote from: Intelligentsia on November 14, 2014, 07:42:38 am
Considering $$$, I believe the delayed home game broadcast to be a fair compromise. Home game attendance is up after implementation of the delay.  I don't know how else to explain the increase, other than the broadcast delay.  Most of our sports rely totally on the football gate revenue, so delayed broadcast is a necessary evil.  (That does not even take into consideration the improved atmosphere generated as result of increased attendance.)

Some people just can't make the game.  I think you should offer a live stream with pay, since it is all about money. You actually might make more money come playoffs since some people that would never travel to Batesville would pay to watch them play. 

Playoffs also bring another element into play...the AAA.  They would certainly want their cut of any revenue generated from live streaming...

Do they get their cut from the gate too? If so, I don't see why the percentage can't be the same.

I'm not sure about the concession, surely there is a small percentage that can be cut for that too.  They could find a streaming company that allows "blackout" markets and just blackout anyone within a small radius of Batesville from streaming the game.  This would be a good fix I think.

Exactly. They can just block certain IP's in the surrounding area and charge me down here in Texas a small fee to view online. Everybody wins.

If you stayed out of those massage parlors on Friday nights, you'd get to catch more games.

Intelligentsia

Batesville made their halftime adjustments and ran the ball pretty well the second half.  Jacksonville's #5 broke for two long runs early and that was pretty much it for them - that kid is speedy, but we simply did not wrap him up when we should have had him at the line of scrimmage.  Otherwise, out defense played well.  We will certainly have to beat that effort to avoid a loss next week.

Rayburn

There's a lot of people who didn't wrap #5 up this year.

Maynard G Krebs

Intelligentsia

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on November 17, 2014, 03:55:54 pm
Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on November 10, 2014, 08:53:59 am
1st round mercy rule game, Batesville wins

I was really off on this one

We have defended the pass well all year but have struggled at times against  patient/shifty runners.  Coach Smith has been able to make the adjustments, but it may take a series or two.  As far as our offensive output; this is not a team that puts up big numbers.  Just another hard working, over-performing, Pioneer team; featuring a few better than average skill players, hard hitting defenders, and a very good kicker, coached to another great record by an outstanding staff. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas