• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Sylvan Hills @ Wynne

Started by justalionfan, November 07, 2014, 09:56:18 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

justalionfan

This is a 1st round match up that no one expected. Should be a great game.

kwwolves2012

What type of offense does Sylvan Hills run?

tmycjy

got one downer note for the fan Wynne and Sylvan Hills has never played each other this is the first time these two school have played each other

OLineman

I heard SH quarterback broke his hand. If that is true, then there goes a huge part of their offense.

MDXPHD

The_Pioneer

Quote from: tmycjy on November 07, 2014, 11:12:35 pm
got one downer note for the fan Wynne and Sylvan Hills has never played each other this is the first time these two school have played each other

How is that a downer?  I love to play new teams.  I'm a little tired of playing White Hall and Hope in the playoffs.  I'm sure Greenbriar isn't too interested in meeting us again either.

Intelligentsia

kwwolves2012

Wynne has a REALLY tough time getting going when it's cold out. Next Friday night is supposed to be really cold. So that could be somewhat of an equalizer. I would look for something like this last Nettleton game with a slow start, but our talent will eventually overcome the problems created by the weather. I'll take Wynne 35-14. But the score may be 21-14 at half.

Chief-Chickasaw

Man I really look forward to this game I almost want to drive over and watch it. I'm going Wynne by 10 but I could be so wrong.

walkingguy72396

Unfortunately, I had to settle for listening to the Wynne Nettleton game on the radio.  Seemed like the Offense did its job except for what-ever preceded the safety.  It was the D' getting gashed.  Teams seem to have trouble when Wynne makes them earn those yards 4 or so at a time.

But have given up long runs in almost every game this season.  So don't know how much the weather affects that aspect.  Since its been going on since the warmer weather.

Chief-Chickasaw

Man I really look forward to this game I almost want to drive over and watch it. I'm going Wynne by 10 but I could be so wrong.

spongebob

If the SH QB is still out, they cant keep up with Wynne offense

playmaker04

27 Trap

Quote from: justajacketfan on November 07, 2014, 09:56:18 pm
This is a 1st round match up that no one expected. Should be a great game.

Best of luck to the Yellowjackets .........Once a Jacket, always a Jacket.......

Hoghead

Quote from: OLineman on November 08, 2014, 08:04:17 am
I heard SH quarterback broke his hand. If that is true, then there goes a huge part of their offense.

If this is true, SH is done. Wynne 50 SH 7 !!!!

tmycjy

November 10, 2014, 04:57:55 pm #15 Last Edit: November 11, 2014, 04:22:55 pm by tmycjy
To sylvan Hills fan would like to welcome  you to Wynne the city with a smile and would like to give u some information first to get to yellow Jacket stadium if you came from bald Knob way stay on highway 64 until u see a sign that said highway 1 south or highway 1 Forrest city stay on that road until u see the high school u will see a sign board out in front that said WYnne public school if u coming in from Forrest City just say on highway 1 until u see the high school and the sign board

If u want stop and eat in Wynne  here are all the restaurants we have in WYnne if you come in from bald knob  the first restaurant u will came to is Kelley restaurant who got good food the next play right down the road is hickory house Bar-b-q the next restaurant is johnsons fish House some of the best fish in town the next restaurant will be right down the road on highway 64 in are Walmart complex these are Wendy's we also have ameca Mexican restaurant we also have itland restaurant when u go on highway 1 u also come a cross more restaurants the first one will be toco bell and KFC restaurant then the next restaurant is Charlie's pizza then the next one will be chinned restaurant then u run a cross Pizza Hut after u run a cross sonic then u run a cross don hosa restaurant the right next door chinne place Call biz's  then u go down the road  and u hit McDolnold then if u keep going south of town u will see a restaurant called Colby's and right down the street u will a little restaurant called Lizzs

Hope to see u eat in WYnne Friday night before the game

tmycjy

Quote from: tmycjy on November 10, 2014, 04:57:55 pm
To sylvan Hills fan would like to welcome  you to Wynne the city with a smile and would like to give u some information first to get to yellow Jacket stadium if you came from bald Knob way stay on highway 64 until u see a sign that said highway 1 south or highway 1 Forrest city stay on that road until u see the high school u will see a sign board out in front that said WYnne public school if u coming in from Forrest City just say on highway 1 until u see the high school and the sign board

If u want stop and eat in Wynne  here are all the restaurants we have in WYnne if you come in from bald knob  the first restaurant u will came to is Kelley restaurant who got good food the next play right down the road is hickory house Bar-b-q the next restaurant is johnsons fish House some of the best fish in town the next restaurant will be right down the road on highway 64 in are Walmart complex these are Wendy's we also have ameca Mexican restaurant we also have itland restaurant when u go on highway 1 u also come a cross more restaurants the first one will be toco bell and KFC restaurant then the next restaurant is Charlie's pizza then the next one will be chinned restaurant  right next door is subway then u run a cross Pizza Hut after u run a cross sonic then u run a cross don hosa restaurant the right next door chinne place China express then u go down the road  and u hit McDolnold then if u keep going south of town u will see a restaurant called Colby's and right down the street u will a little restaurant called Lizzs

Intelligentsia

Kelley-Wyatts Restaurant has a great buffet!! 

The_Pioneer

If you see a panhandler along the highway, don't give him $$.  It's UI trying to get gate money so he can watch inside the stadium.

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: The_Pioneer on November 10, 2014, 07:20:58 pm
If you see a panhandler along the highway, don't give him $$.  It's UI trying to get gate money so he can watch inside the stadium.

I switched to bank robbery several years ago.

Complete Biased PoV

Quote from: Hoghead on November 10, 2014, 03:04:22 am

He didn't play QB against PA.  He played some WR and FS.  But I overheard some coaches talking about him being scheduled for surgery this week to fix the break in his hand.  He may be done for the playoff run.

Go Postal

Quote from: tmycjy on November 10, 2014, 04:57:55 pm

If u want stop and eat in Wynne  here are all the restaurants we have in WYnne if you come in from bald knob  the first restaurant u will came to is Kelley restaurant who got good food the next play right down the road is hickory house Bar-b-q the next restaurant is johnsons fish House some of the best fish in town the next restaurant will be right down the road on highway 64 in are Walmart complex these are Wendy's we also have ameca Mexican restaurant we also have itland restaurant when u go on highway 1 u also come a cross more restaurants the first one will be toco bell and KFC restaurant then the next restaurant is Charlie's pizza then the next one will be chinned restaurant then u run a cross Pizza Hut after u run a cross sonic then u run a cross don hosa restaurant the right next door chinne place Call biz's  then u go down the road  and u hit McDolnold then if u keep going south of town u will see a restaurant called Colby's and right down the street u will a little restaurant called Lizzs

Wow!  Sounds like Wynne is like Harrison on places to eat.  Nice.  Eat up our 5A SH's brothers and sisters before the game.  Enjoy your stay at Wynne.

walkingguy72396

There is plenty of places to eat.  But who has time since the games start at 7.

I imagine most out of town folks will eat long before or long after they leave the City with a Smile.

I'd like to urge that play-off games start at 8PM.

Uncle Ivan

I try not to eat local.

Probably because local sucks.  It's a graveyard for good eateries.

Hoghead

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on November 13, 2014, 07:54:18 am
I try not to eat local.

I wasn't going to say it......In my travels Wynne is the one place I dont waste time in eating. No harm, but y'all need help up there.

Intelligentsia

I don't know about other places in Wynne, but the buffet at Kelly-Wyatts is as good as you will find anywhere.  Locally owned and operated, the original owner started in Batesville in the 1930's and expanded to three locations, the second of which is now operated by his grandson in Wynne.  The buffet is not huge, but it features a good selection and it's kept fresh. 

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: Hoghead on November 13, 2014, 08:08:52 am
I try not to eat local.

I wasn't going to say it......In my travels Wynne is the one place I dont waste time in eating. No harm, but y'all need help up there.

Indeed we do.  Wynne's greatest asset is its location, easy drives to Memphis, Little Rock, Jonesboro.  Problem with that is is that we can't get restaurants there, perhaps in part because of that.  "Why put that there, there one just up the road"

Couldn't even keep a Burger King.  Don't even have a Waffle House.  Anything decent goes out of business.  It's a little frustrating.  "Why Ivan, you're bashing your own town". It's the truth.  I've no problem saying it.

Quote from: Intelligentsia on November 13, 2014, 08:27:37 am
I don't know about other places in Wynne, but the buffet at Kelly-Wyatts is as good as you will find anywhere.  Locally owned and operated, the original owner started in Batesville in the 1930's and expanded to three locations, the second of which is now operated by his grandson in Wynne.  The buffet is not huge, but it features a good selection and it's kept fresh. 

Kelley's quality of food has declined the past decade.  They cut back on the buffet times.

Plus you have to bring a flyswatter when you eat there.

Intelligentsia

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on November 13, 2014, 09:01:32 am
Quote from: Hoghead on November 13, 2014, 08:08:52 am
I try not to eat local.

Indeed we do.  Wynne's greatest asset is its location, easy drives to Memphis, Little Rock, Jonesboro.  Problem with that is is that we can't get restaurants there, perhaps in part because of that.  "Why put that there, there one just up the road"

Couldn't even keep a Burger King.  Don't even have a Waffle House.  Anything decent goes out of business.  It's a little frustrating.  "Why Ivan, you're bashing your own town". It's the truth.  I've no problem saying it.

Quote from: Intelligentsia on November 13, 2014, 08:27:37 am

Kelley's quality of food has declined the past decade.  They cut back on the buffet times.

Plus you have to bring a flyswatter when you eat there.

I just eat at Kelly's a couple times a year when passing through, but I've never had a bad experience.  Maybe the flies are following you in Uncle:)

playmaker04

A D M

We always eat at Colby's when we go there just get there early. The service is slow.

playmaker04

If you like Chinese Bins is really good. Ameca for Mexican. Johnsons fish house for fish or burgers. BBQ place is hickory house BBQ.

justalionfan

Quote from: playmaker04 on November 13, 2014, 11:39:35 am
If you like Chinese Bins is really good. Ameca for Mexican. Johnsons fish house for fish or burgers. BBQ place is hickory house BBQ.

The only thing about hickory house is they do not accept debit cards.....

Uncle Ivan

I wouldn't feed Colby's to a dog.

Intelligentsia

Uncle, Do you eat a lot of peanut butter sandwiches while on the road :-)

blue4hire

If Wynne is throwing out a buffet as fine local cuisine, that tells me all I need to know.

Intelligentsia

There is little demand for "fine eating" establishments in rural Arkansas.  A good buffet will do just fine!   It's all in your preference.  I'll take white beans and well seasoned turnip greens from an Arkansas mom & pop buffet over nearly all the "fine dining" I've been fortunate enough to have experienced.  While the experiences were memorable and the food sometimes interesting; ain't nothin' quite as good as a fresh, hot buffet with good friends in a relaxed atmosphere.:)

Uncle Ivan

I want a Ruth's Freaking Chris to locate here.

Intelligentsia

Quote from: Uncle Ivan on November 13, 2014, 10:23:40 pm
I want a Ruth's Freaking Chris to locate here.

Well I'll have to say, a medium rare rib eye from Ruth Chris is mighty fine:).

#1jacketfan

Any predictions on tonight's score?

JacketDad

Hoghead

Quote from: justajacketfan on November 13, 2014, 12:00:18 pm
Quote from: playmaker04 on November 13, 2014, 11:39:35 am

The only thing about hickory house is they do not accept debit cards.....

It's 2014 and your business can't take a bank card ? Dang it, thats some bumpkin stuff right there !

FD4

Well, there are more places to get Bar-BQ than the Hickory House, even though it is consistently good, sometimes you wonder about the folks that hang out there.  There is Rick's Bar-B-Q on the south end of town, don't blink, you'll miss it, its a small place but the Q is good and Johnsons does good Q as well.  Once in a while the Fire Department will Bar-B-Q but not on a regular basis, we have the best butt cooker in this area cooking our Bar-B-Q.  Well anywhoo, All of the SH faithful pleas drive safe and enjoy yourselves when you get here.  We love our visitors and good luck in the playoffs.

Uncle Ivan

I broke off part of a back filling on a bone shard in a Hickory House barbecue sandwich.

Never again.

Uncle Ivan

That SH turnover near the Wynne goal line seemed to be what swung the game.

Hoghead

Quote from: Hoghead on November 10, 2014, 03:04:22 am

54-7 Final.......heck, I was close !

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas