• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

McClellan forfeits 2 conference games

Started by BarclayAlmanac, November 04, 2014, 04:02:17 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

BarclayAlmanac

Little Rock McClellan reported an eligibility violation to the Arkansas Activities Association on Tuesday, November 4, 2014, and as a result of that violation the school has to forfeit two Class 5A-Central Conference games.

McClellan's forfeit wins came against Beebe, 30-22 on week #4 and Little Rock Fair, 52-6 on week #7. McClellan's football program was placed on warning for the remainder of the 2014 football season.

The adjusted conference standings are listed below. With the forfeit win, Fair snaps a 27-game losing streak.

Class 5A
Central
Pulaski Academy   6-0   8-1
Sylvan Hills   5-1   8-1
Beebe      5-1   5-4
Jacksonville   3-3   3-6
LR McClellan   2-4   3-6
Mills Univ. Studies   1-5   2-7
North Pulaski   1-5   1-7-1
LR Fair      1-5   1-8

Youngsta71701

So Beebe's going to end up with the #2 seed.

Titan Spirit

Beebe 63 after playing NP
SH 54

SH win by 10 or more
1. SH
2. PA
3. Beebe

Anything other that SH by 10
1. PA
2. Beebe
3. SH

Jacksonville and McClellan in a play in game for the 4 spot.

Intelligentsia

November 04, 2014, 06:55:29 pm #3 Last Edit: November 04, 2014, 07:33:09 pm by Intelligentsia
Looking forward to welcoming either play-in team to Pioneer stadium!!  We will give 'em a good show - fireworks, prancers, cheerleaders, band, chilli, and some boys eager to start their journey back to War Memorial.

PA Pressbox

CONGRATULATIONS go out to JA Fair on breaking their 27-Game losing streak.  Perhaps they can parlay this victory into a winning streak.

Titan Spirit

Quote from: Intelligentsia on November 04, 2014, 06:55:29 pm
Looking forward to welcoming either play-in team to Pioneer stadium!!  We will give 'em a good show - fireworks, prancers, cheerleaders, band, chilli, and some boys eager to start their journey back to War Memorial.

Very nice I am sure either team will be eager to make the trip and put up some sort of minimal resistance anyway. I would not take either as a total pushover however.
I am much more familiar with Jville but I do know that McClellan has several playmakers and with the right breaks can cause problems.
Jacksonville has been up and down and and seem to be playing well right now especially since they have started utilizing their running back. They do not have alot of depth but they do have a very good running back, and a pretty good defense especially against the run(secondary is suspect at best). Still not sure why they are starting 7 instead of 2 at qb he seems to be much better.

Brian G

Quote from: PA Pressbox on November 05, 2014, 03:50:34 pm
CONGRATULATIONS go out to JA Fair on breaking their 27-Game losing streak.  Perhaps they can parlay this victory into a winning streak.
That number turns out to be wrong and their "win" was not last week so they currently are on a losing streak.

Intelligentsia

Thanks for the update Titan.  I suspect we will play McClellan and I'm confident they will come to win.  With a nothing to lose attitude, good preparation, and a few good bounces, the Little Rock men may prove to be handful for the Batesville squad.  We do put on a good show at Pioneer Stadium, a great atmosphere for fans and players for both sides.  Do these team's fans travel well?

blue4hire

Quote from: Intelligentsia on November 05, 2014, 04:40:49 pm
Thanks for the update Titan.  I suspect we will play McClellan and I'm confident they will come to win.  With a nothing to lose attitude, good preparation, and a few good bounces, the Little Rock men may prove to be handful for the Batesville squad.  We do put on a good show at Pioneer Stadium, a great atmosphere for fans and players for both sides.  Do these team's fans travel well?
Jax fans travel ok.  McClellan's fans (if there are any), don't even travel to home games.

Titan Spirit

actually the crowd at jvill on senior night was next to embarrasing

PA Pressbox

Quote from: B.G. on November 05, 2014, 04:19:59 pm
Quote from: PA Pressbox on November 05, 2014, 03:50:34 pm
That number turns out to be wrong and their "win" was not last week so they currently are on a losing streak.

Oh DUH!!!  Can't believe I didn't think about that.  Either way, I really feel for the JA Fair players and coaches.  After reading an Dem-Gaz article from about a year ago, you can tell that the guys who are still on the team have a lot of heart and guts.  They, apparently, get very little support from the students, and some of these POTENTIALLY best athletes are walking the hallways, choosing not to play football since they haven't won in so long.  The ones who are out there playing certainly have my respect.

Intelligentsia

November 05, 2014, 09:46:07 pm #11 Last Edit: November 06, 2014, 12:01:08 am by Intelligentsia
Quote from: Titan Spirit on November 05, 2014, 05:04:44 pm
actually the crowd at jvill on senior night was next to embarrassing

That's a shame for the kids, but winning is the best ingredient for a good traveling crowd, though having parents with the financial means to travel is also a factor.  Active student groups - band, cheerleaders, and dance groups also boost our home numbers.

Anyway, hopefully the winning team will enjoy a safe trip and the excitement of a playoff game.  BTW, if Little Rock fans want suggestions about places to eat if they come early, I can recommend a variety of spots, depending on what the want.  We love folks to spend when they visit:)

SHHS Soccer

Does anyone know if the two games McClellan has to forfeit are the only games in which the ineligible player participated?  What if, for discussion's sake, the player also played in the game against Sylvan Hills.  Shouldn't SH also be allocated the full 13 Margin of Victory points.  If that were the case, SH's MOV total would go from 54 to 58 (SH beat McClellan by 9).  Those 4 points could mean the difference between a first or a third place seed (yes, I know SH will first have to beat PA, but until the final horn sounds on Friday night anything is possible).  Instead of having to beat PA by 10 or more, it would be 6 or more, so instead of two scores it is only one.

I researched the AAA handbook, regarding forfeits it states "Offended teams shall receive 13 points when tabulating the sum of the winning margins for breaking conference ties."  So while I do realize it is possible that the only 2 games the ineligible McClellan player played were Beebe and Fair, it seems unlikely as they were weeks apart.  Shouldn't SH also be considered an "Offended team".

Just curious.

Lionheart88

As I understand the rule, I believe you would be correct.  But I'm no AAA official, so my opinion counts about as much as Calvin Coolidge's.

blue4hire

This is an interesting point that I have not considered.  Essentially, if the player played in the Sylvan Hills game, SH is being punished for winning (by less than 13) while Beebe is being rewarded for losing.

Rabbittrax

Heard the player in question was way too old to be elgible, hard to believe that only 2 games he played in. Let's not punish SH or anyone else because he probably played in others

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas