• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Valley View at Batesville

Started by michael2370, November 01, 2014, 11:13:33 am

Previous topic - Next topic

michael2370

It looks like this will be Valley Views bowl game.  Batesville can lock up sole position on first place with a win.  Can Valley View win or keep it close.  Good luck to both teams. 

Chief-Chickasaw

I give Valley View no chance in this game. Hats off to Batesville, every time I think they are due for a down year they come out and kick everyone's butt. I'm always in awe of their program. I pray one day my Chicks will realize what hard work and discipline can do. Great job Batesville go win state.

football3223

Playing the Evil Empire on their home turf to win a conference championship shouldn't be a pretty sight for VV fans. And with their first appearance at Pioneer Stadium expect a late "Welcome to 5A EAST" coming from Batesville.

The_Pioneer

Hey, everyone is welcome to come play at Pioneer Stadium.  The welcome mat is always out and swept off.  Don't be skeered.

A D M

Batesville by how ever many points they want!

Intelligentsia

Quote from: Chief-Chickasaw on November 01, 2014, 11:24:44 am
I give Valley View no chance in this game. Hats off to Batesville, every time I think they are due for a down year they come out and kick everyone's butt. I'm always in awe of their program. I pray one day my Chicks will realize what hard work and discipline can do. Great job Batesville go win state.

Pretty much summed it up Chief - hard work, dedication, a discipline - keys to a great program.  My son went through this program, and the time he and ALL his teammates spent, year round, would be hard to imagine in many/most programs. 

Chief-Chickasaw

Pretty much summed it up Chief - hard work, dedication, a discipline - keys to a great program.  My son went through this program, and the time he and ALL his teammates spent, year round, would be hard to imagine in many/most programs.
[/quote]

It's hard over here in Chickasaw country. Our kids are big and athletic in Jr High which translates to success so they don't understand you have to keep working hard because everyone catches up to you athletically.  Then our kids have parents and a community that show zero support for them. We had senior night last night and had seniors with no parents there and it was some of the parents who did show up 1st time to watch there kid play. It's sad.

michael2370

I agree all around .  I have had children have played and graduate from Batesville.  I also have one who is playing in Junior high.  The dedication these children have to have is unreal.  It is all year round.  It is also sad to see the when Batesville travel to the opponent and the parents sit there and realize that there are more of the pioneer parents than than the home crowd.  I am not saying this to brag.  Far from it.  I find it dissrepectable to the kids who play.  Every child need to feel they are being cheered for doing there best .  good or bad.

Intelligentsia

Hopefully Blytheville can attract and keep a Don Campbell like Coach in the near future; developing a culture of hope and pride that captures the hearts of the kids and community. 

Chief-Chickasaw

Quote from: Intelligentsia on November 01, 2014, 05:43:12 pm
Hopefully Blytheville can attract and keep a Don Campbell like Coach in the near future; developing a culture of hope and pride that captures the hearts of the kids and community.

I really like Coach Fisher. He has been with this group coming up since they were in grade school. He knows them and loves them. We are getting rid of a senior group that is the last of some bad habits they developed from the previous coaching staff. Our staff is full of young hungry coaches that if they stay our boys and community will feed off of. That's the good thing about Blytheville it always feels like everything could change with the blink of an eye.

tmycjy

Quote from: michael2370 on November 01, 2014, 11:13:33 am
It looks like this will be Valley Views bowl game.  Batesville can lock up sole position on first place with a win.  Can Valley View win or keep it close.  Good luck to both teams. 

I'm hoping Valley view can win this one

MDXPHD

Would it matter if they did? Doesn't Batesville hold the tiebreaker over Wynne if they both finish with a loss?

football3223

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 01, 2014, 11:44:12 pm
Would it matter if they did? Doesn't Batesville hold the tiebreaker over Wynne if they both finish with a loss?
They'd be co-conference champions I think.

walkingguy72396

For play-off seeding it doesnt matter win or lose.  In the past coaches with a lock on the one seed have rested players.  The result a closer last game and some-times a loss.

michael2370

More for bragging rights than anything else.  Playoffs for one seed are set for the east.

MDXPHD

Quote from: walkingguy72396 on November 02, 2014, 07:46:51 am
For play-off seeding it doesnt matter win or lose.  In the past coaches with a lock on the one seed have rested players.  The result a closer last game and some-times a loss.

Yeah, it doesn't matter.  Batesville would have to really rest their starters and their JV in order to lose to VV anyway.

Intelligentsia

Like the last two game, I suspect the Pioneer coaching staff will focus on the aspect(s) of the game they want to hone AND working to quickly finish their opponent.  These final three games have been practice games for the pioneers; preparing for the playoffs.

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: michael2370 on November 02, 2014, 10:01:58 am
More for bragging rights than anything else.  Playoffs for one seed are set for the east.

Which means it doesn't matter. 

The_Pioneer

Someone has bragging rights in the annual Paragould/GCT game.....

michael2370

I would like to welcome Valley View fans to Pioneer Nation.  I saw a small firework show last night at V.V.  Buy your popcorn early and or get some Frito pie and enjoy ours.  You will not forget it when you leave. 

VVBlazer

I hope you guys don't run out of fireworks tonight! Just kidding, I really just hope VV boys play hard, give an all out effort, and go down fighting until the end to honor every single one of the 20 seniors on the team. Most of them have been together since 7th grade and have never experienced a losing season during their careers. This year has been a valuable lesson in bestowing character, humility, and adversity upon those seniors and they will become better men for it. I hope all are safe tonight and I look forward to visiting Pioneer stadium and watching the Blazers play another championship caliber team.

Intelligentsia

Well said VVblazer.  Your Junior High team certainly represented the school well last night.  Very good bunch and they appeared to handle themselves with class in what I know was a tough loss at home.  They will be a force to reckon with in the East the in a couple years and I would not be surprised if they made it into the playoffs as a 4 seed next year.  As stated late last year, I believe VV will provide the East with another consistent competitor and if they keep growing, they may vie for a top playoff spot in a few years.  Safe travel for our Valley View neigbors tonight and I hope you are place pleased with the show we call Friday Night at Pioneer Stadium!!

michael2370

I think last night was the first time Batesville trailed all year and for most of the game.  VV junior high was by far the best team BJH played all year.

NEASPORTSFAN

The same problem with what was described at blytheville is rampant in little rock. I went to a mills vs. Beebe game this year and between the band, cheerleaders, dancers, and football team mills probably had 100 kids or so participating. But I counted 9 adults in the stands. It is sad.

Blazer51

From what I'm hearing, Sounds like if we could get some points on the board we'd be in the game. Anyone at the game wanna give me some insight as to what's going on?

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: michael2370 on November 07, 2014, 01:11:42 pm
or get some Frito pie and enjoy ours.  You will not forget it when you leave. 

Your GI won't forget it, either.

Uncle Ivan

Quote from: Blazer51 on November 07, 2014, 08:26:09 pm
From what I'm hearing, Sounds like if we could get some points on the board we'd be in the game. Anyone at the game wanna give me some insight as to what's going on?

If they could get some points on the board, they'd be in the game.

NEASPORTSFAN

Intelligentsia

November 07, 2014, 11:10:51 pm #28 Last Edit: November 08, 2014, 10:25:23 pm by Intelligentsia
Our receivers struggled a bit tonight, so King was content to run.  We did have two nice, long, TD plays but several dropped passes in the first half.  VV kids played hard, but just struggle scoring.  The QB is a good runner, but no one else seemed to have much of an offensive threat. 

VVBlazer

What a great atmosphere and awesome football environment!!! I really enjoyed the game last night even though VV couldn't score. Pioneer Stadium was awe inspiring to say the least and I would really like to thank the press box for playing Friday Night Lights "Your Hand in Mine" at the end of the game. I feel like you guys did that specifically for our Seniors and it was very much appreciated!!! Tears were flowing and joy was felt as they walked off your field, and I couldn't be more proud of each and every one of them. See you guys next year and good luck in the playoffs!

Intelligentsia

^Thanks VVBlazer^  Looking forward to your current Jr.High team in a couple of years - I'm glad we have them at home when they are seniors:). We will enjoy the football win - it may be the only sport we beat you in this year!!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas