• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

5A Fan Poll - Week 10 Vote

Started by AT, October 31, 2014, 10:30:45 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AT

You guys know the rules. Don't feel pressured to vote tonight, I just like to get it up just in case someone does.

A heads up: This will not be the last poll. I plan on doing a Final Regular Season Poll and a Final Poll (after the playoffs...just for the sake of completeness)

When ranking the South teams, make sure you use this procedure:
1. Stay calm
2. Deep breaths
3. Remember that coin flips and rolling dice are okay in desperate circumstances.

AT

November 01, 2014, 12:56:48 am #1 Last Edit: November 01, 2014, 01:48:49 am by Almatrackster
1. Batesville
2. Pulaski Academy
3. Maumelle
4. Wynne
5. Hot Springs
6. Watson Chapel
7. Sylvan Hills
8. Greenbrier
9. Camden Fairview
10. Beebe

I do realize Beebe's early season is still there, but Beebe with Tripp Smith seems to be a force to be reckoned with.

aswarmnearyou

November 01, 2014, 01:14:59 am #2 Last Edit: November 01, 2014, 01:29:53 am by aswarmnearyou
Fan of Wynne
1. PA
2. Batesville
3. Wynne
4. Maumelle
5. Sylvan Hills
6. Hot Springs
7. Nettleton
8. Greenbrier
9. Watson Chapel
10. CFV

Overdahill

After 1,2,3 this is getting harder instead of easier!

Youngsta71701

Fan of Camden Fairview

1. Pulaski Academy
2. Batesville
3. Wynne
4. Maumelle
5. Sylvan Hills
6. Hot Springs
7. Watson Chapel
8. Nettleton
9. Camden Fairview
10. Greenbrier

Under Consideration
11. Harrison
12. Little Rock Christian
13. Beebe
14. Little Rock McClellan
15. White Hall
16. Forrest City

The South is as crazy as it's ever been!

Chughes11

Fan of Hot Springs

1. PA
2. Batesville
3. Maumelle
4. Wynne
5. Hot Springs
6. Sylvan Hills
7. Watson Chapel
8. CFV
9. Beene
10. Dequeen  ;D great win for dequeen last night, way to keep fighting

Intelligentsia

Quote from: Chughes11 on November 01, 2014, 08:16:59 am
Fan of Hot Springs

1. PA
2. Batesville
3. Maumelle
4. Wynne
5. Hot Springs
6. Sylvan Hills
7. Watson Chapel
8. CFV
9. Beene

Homer alert

Chughes11

AT

Quote from: Chughes11 on November 01, 2014, 10:33:31 am
Hater alert.

Well De Queen is (1-8) (1-5). Their one win is over a team that also has one win in conference (no matter how good that win was, that team is still now dead last in the South). There's not a good explanation to put them in the top 10. Not hating, just stating the facts.

mijally

Fan of Hot Springs

1. PA
2. Batesville
3. Maumelle
4. Wynne
5. Hot Springs
6. Sylvan Hills
7. Watson Chapel
8. CFV
9. Beene

Dequeen number 10?  C'mon man. Is this poll counting?

TROJANS18

Aye. Lay off my boy Hughes.....he was tryin to be nice. We all kno Dequeen isn't #10. Were just proud of our South opponent. Now y'all gettin offensive because he said what he said. Man calm down. Its not that serious to be callin people out like that. But on a good note.....them TROJANS its our time. And everybody needs to except the fact that Hot Springs took care of business when it counted most. Some people still don't respect us and that's okay. Well just keep working hard and prove all the haters wrong. You all have a nice day. I'm going to work. Hughes hit me in my inbox.

AT

Quote from: TROJANS18 on November 01, 2014, 11:19:34 am
Aye. Lay off my boy Hughes.....he was tryin to be nice. We all kno Dequeen isn't #10. Were just proud of our South opponent. Now y'all gettin offensive because he said what he said. Man calm down. Its not that serious to be callin people out like that. But on a good note.....them TROJANS its our time. And everybody needs to except the fact that Hot Springs took care of business when it counted most. Some people still don't respect us and that's okay. Well just keep working hard and prove all the haters wrong. You all have a nice day. I'm going to work. Hughes hit me in my inbox.

It's actually important to "call people out" about people's polls if they aren't reasonable. Chughes's isnt bad outside his number ten team. We aren't going to let people put North Pulaski at one and Little Rock Fair at 2 without saying something. I think everybody is calm.

Hoggy

Quote from: Almatrackster on November 01, 2014, 12:56:48 am
1. Batesville
2. Pulaski Academy
3. Maumelle
4. Wynne
5. Hot Springs
6. Watson Chapel
7. Sylvan Hills
8. Greenbrier
9. Camden Fairview
10. Beebe

I do realize Beebe's early season is still there, but Beebe with Tripp Smith seems to be a force to be reckoned with.
Watson Chapel is not good at all

Hoggy

Good grief fellas Hughes was just kidding around trying to show a team some love that has no business playing 5a ball.  Congrats to Dequeen on the victory. 

AT

Quote from: Hoggy on November 01, 2014, 11:23:57 am
1. Batesville
2. Pulaski Academy
3. Maumelle
4. Wynne
5. Hot Springs
6. Watson Chapel
7. Sylvan Hills
8. Greenbrier
9. Camden Fairview
10. Beebe

Watson Chapel is not good at all

Well that's not true.

TROJANS18

1. Batesville
2. Pulaski Academy
3. Maumelle
4. Wynne
5. Hot Springs
6. Watson Chapel
7. Sylvan Hills
8. Greenbrier
9. Camden Fairview
10. Beebe

Hot Springs t five is perfect because those teams up top are crucial. Its going to be interesting next Friday night in the South. Hot Springs could win their first outright conference title since 1988. Lakeside, Camden, Watson Chapel and White Hall are playing for the last three spots. In all my years I have never een a finish like this.

Chief_Osceolaâ„¢

November 01, 2014, 11:36:27 am #16 Last Edit: November 02, 2014, 06:09:35 pm by Chief_Osceolaâ„¢
Edit: Fan of Maumelle

1. PA
2. Batesville
3. Maumelle
4. Wynne
5. Hot Springs
6. Watson Chapel
7. Sylvan Hills
8. Nettleton
9. Greenbrier
10. Camden Fairview

AT

Quote from: mijally on November 01, 2014, 10:58:38 am
Fan of Hot Springs

1. PA
2. Batesville
3. Maumelle
4. Wynne
5. Hot Springs
6. Sylvan Hills
7. Watson Chapel
8. CFV
9. Beene

Dequeen number 10?  C'mon man. Is this poll counting?

Not unless he changes it. It seems he was joking, so I won't count it.

Chughes11

It was a joke nettelton is my 10 team.

Intelligentsia

I didn't intend to be mean at all and it's obvious you were just showing support for a group of boys who have seen too many losses. I was just the first to call attention to the post and intended to have a smiley face following the "alert", but it posted some other icon..  I'm happy for your team, school and community.

Chughes11

Thanks. Hot springs still has a way to be a superior team, whenever you beat camden and possibly the first out right title in years u get a little excited, and had to give dequeen a thumbs up since that's where hot springs coach is from.

mijally

Fan of Maumelle

1.   Batesville
2.   PA
3.   Wynne
4.   Maumelle
5.   Watson Chapel
6.   Greenbrier
7.   Nettleton
8.   Hot Springs
9.   Sylvan Hills
10. Harrison

Lionheart88

Quote from: Chughes11 on November 01, 2014, 12:58:34 pm
Thanks. Hot springs still has a way to be a superior team, whenever you beat camden and possibly the first out right title in years u get a little excited, and had to give dequeen a thumbs up since that's where hot springs coach is from.
Which Hot Springs coach?

Intelligentsia

1.  P.A.
2.  Batesville
3.  Wynne
4.  Hot Springs
5.  Watson Chapel
6.  Camden-Fairview
7.  Maumelle
8.  Beebe
9.  Sylvan Hills
10.Nettleton
11.DeQueen:)

pantherblue

Dang I thought Greenbrier would be at least 11!!  LOL

Intelligentsia

Quote from: pantherblue on November 01, 2014, 04:56:05 pm
Dang I thought Greenbrier would be at least 11!!  LOL

Brier probably should be 10, but Nettleton is playing well and I'm a bit of an East homer:).  + that my apology attempt for calling out the DeQueen fan earlier.

Chughes11

mijally

AT

pantherblue, didn't Tripp Smith play against you guys? Or did he not? Would be tough to put Beebe ahead of Greenbrier if he did.

VHSCoach2

Quote from: Almatrackster on November 01, 2014, 05:57:01 pm
pantherblue, didn't Tripp Smith play against you guys? Or did he not? Would be tough to put Beebe ahead of Greenbrier if he did.

I believe Tripp missed the first few games of the season after severing the tip of his finger in a weight room incident.

VHSCoach2

Fan of Vilonia:

1. Batesville
2. Pulaski Academy
3. Wynne
4. Maumelle
5. Sylvan Hills
6. Hot Springs
7. Watson Chapel
8. Nettleton
9. Camden Fairview
10. Greenbrier

InYoGrill

VEagles

1. PA
2. Batesville
3. Wynne
4. Maumelle
5. Hot Springs
6. Watson Chapel
7. Briar
8. Nettleton
9. Harrison
10. Camden Fairview

Go Postal

November 01, 2014, 09:27:52 pm #32 Last Edit: November 01, 2014, 09:32:19 pm by Go Postal
Quote from: mijally on November 01, 2014, 05:51:42 pm
De Queen is De King of soccer.
I totally agree.  Four State Championships in the 4A, lost to Harrison in the semifinals in their first year in the 5A, best game that I have ever seen.  Beat Harrison in the next year's semifinal to go on and get their 5th Champs trophy.  It was the first time also that the South Conference had 3 teams in the semis and two in the Championship game.  Fabulous team in that sport, need one more boys trophy to tie with Harrison boys.  Now if De Queen's girls start winning State trophies also, then De Queen can start to move up on the Overall State Championships for All Conferences since 1998 in that sport.  Currently 6A Searcy and 5A Harrison boys/girls hold a tie for 1st place with 10 Championships.

Anyway, this topic should be best put on the Soccer forums.  Let's get back to this thread for Football...

trackster, sorry, got off on a tangent, still working on my poll.

Hoggy

Quote from: Go Postal on November 01, 2014, 09:27:52 pm
I totally agree.  Four State Championships in the 4A, lost to Harrison in the semifinals in their first year in the 5A, best game that I have ever seen.  Beat Harrison in the next year's semifinal to go on and get their 5th Champs trophy.  It was the first time also that the South Conference had 3 teams in the semis and two in the Championship game.  Fabulous team in that sport, need one more boys trophy to tie with Harrison boys.  Now if De Queen's girls start winning State trophies also, then De Queen can start to move up on the Overall State Championships for All Conferences since 1998 in that sport.  Currently 6A Searcy and 5A Harrison boys/girls hold a tie for 1st place with 10 Championships.

Anyway, this topic should be best put on the Soccer forums.  Let's get back to this thread for Football...

Um Dequeen has had soccer for 7 years and has 5 titles. 

Lionheart88

Quote from: Chughes11 on November 01, 2014, 05:46:45 pm
Coach Chris Vereen
Coach Vereen is a White Hall alum.  His dad was our head coach previous to Mike Vaughn.  Old Coach V quit coaching in 2002, but was still there teaching biology when I came through.

Go Postal

Quote from: Hoggy on November 01, 2014, 10:16:31 pm
Quote from: Go Postal on November 01, 2014, 09:27:52 pm

Um Dequeen has had soccer for 7 years and has 5 titles.
I believe that is what I said.  Only 7 years?  I didn't know that.  I'm very impressed.  Fabulous boys team in that sport.  Harrison has only been playing since 2001 and the boys team has a straight 13 year semi's appearance with 6 titles.  The Harrison girls have made 9 out of 13 semi appearances with 4 titles.  Both Harrison boys/girls teams have been in the last 13 straight playoff games for that sport.  If you want a 5A boys title, you have to beat Harrison (possibly Greenbrier), a private school, De Queen or another south team as it stands right now.  If you want a 5A girls title, you to beat Harrison or a private school as it stands right now.  LOL ;)
But like I said earlier, these posts would be better suited in the Soccer forums, preferably in the Spring.
Sorry once again trackster, I got off on a tangent once again on stats of that "Sport that shalt not be mentioned in Alma".  Let's all go back to Football on this thread...

pantherblue

Is Trip Smith the big running Back?  Beebe had one that played against us but don't remember his name. He was a big kid though.

Overdahill

PA fan:

Batesville
PA
Wynne
Maumelle
Hot Springs
WC
SH
Greenbrier
CFV
LRCA

Chughes11

Yea I kno he is a white hall guy, but he was at dequeen for awhile before hot springs

Complete Biased PoV

Quote from: VHSCoach2 on November 01, 2014, 06:14:22 pm
Quote from: Almatrackster on November 01, 2014, 05:57:01 pm

I believe Tripp missed the first few games of the season after severing the tip of his finger in a weight room incident.

His first game back was week 5 against Jacksonville. This was the start of Beebe's comeback.

GuvHog

1. Pulaski Academy
2. Batesville
3. Wynne
4. Maumelle
5. Watson Chapel
6. Sylvan Hills
7. Greenbrier
8. Hot Springs
9. Little Rock Christian
10. Camden Fairview

Fan of WC

AT

11 polls in. Maumelle and Vilonia can only have one more fan submit a poll. Everyone else is good. Thanks guys!

HeberFan

Concerning the bracket, when would PA and Batesville meet ?

WPWells

The numbers say:

1. Pulaski Academy
2. Batesville
3. Wynne
4. Maumelle
5. Nettleton
6. Hot Springs
7. Watson Chapel
8. Greenbrier
9. Camden Fairview
10. Harrison

Yes, Sylvan Hills fell out of the top 10 completely

Complete Biased PoV

Quote from: HeberFan on November 02, 2014, 07:47:57 pm
Concerning the bracket, when would PA and Batesville meet ?

Semifinals. PA has to take care of Sylvan Hills next week first though.

Lionheart88

November 02, 2014, 08:49:14 pm #45 Last Edit: November 02, 2014, 08:58:24 pm by Lionheart88
1   PA 8-1 (+/-0) Still rolling.  Looks like Week 10 won't be any trouble.
2   Batesville 8-1 (+/-0) Likewise.
3   Wynne 8-1 (+/-0) See above.
4   Maumelle 8-0-1 (+/-0) Already got the turbulent West locked up outright.  Likely a date with White Hall in the Round of 16.
5   Greenbrier 6-3 (+2) Still alive with an outside shot at #2 in the West.  We'll see what Vilonia has to say about that.
6   Hot Springs 5-4 (+4) Can win the South outright with a win + Watson Chapel loss, will take the 1 seed if either of those things happen.
7   Watson Chapel 5-4 (+1)  Can win the South outright with a win + Hot Springs loss, If both win they're the 2, can't be lower than the 3.
8   Fairview 6-3 (-2)  If they win friday they're the South 2, if not they're the 3.
9   Sylvan Hills 8-1 (-4) Looks like the pretenders were exposed last friday.  Normally I'd be keen to see them bounce back, but it's @ PA.
10   Harrison 5-4 (+2) Beat LRCA out for the 10 spot by virtue of head to head.  With a win friday they're probably the 2 in the West, but things have yet to be decided for sure.

Dropping out: White Hall (by the way, unless they lose and Lakeside win Friday will be the South 4 and face Maumelle.)
Rising in: Harrison

Still a lot to be decided, folks.  Going to be an exciting week 10, as only 2 #1 seeds are mathematically decided (though let's face it, only diehard Sylvan Hills folks think they've got a shot against PA).

Hoghead

1.PA.......No Punt Tech continues to kick teams in the mouth ! Sylvan Hills you're next.
2.Batesville......The 5A East Champs are waiting on there 4 Seed to show up
3. Maumelle...... Undefeated, could be tougher than some think come playoff time
4. Wynne......... Beats another nobody. Tight games make them nerveous !
5. Hot Springs....... 5A South Championship awaits them Friday with a win over HSLS !
6. Camden Fairview.... Big Game with WC, 2 Spot is on the line.
7. Watson Chapel.... Win and tie HS for 5A South Title. Lose and hit the road for playoffs !
8. Sylvan Hills...... Looked ahead and found Bebee ! PA is ready for these Bears !
9. Greenbrier...... Panthers hanging on in there. Playoffs await them
10. Harrison...... Goblins can write their own playoff story. Trick or Treat !

wing

an of CF.

1. PA
2. Batesville
3. Wynne
4. Maumelle
5. Sylvan Hills
6. Hot Springs
7. Nettleton
8. Watson Chapel
9. Greenbrier
10. CF