• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Noise Makers

Started by HorseFeathers, October 19, 2016, 07:06:50 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HorseFeathers

What's the rules, and who enforces it?

Thanks in advance guys.

Rulesman

Game management issue. Been discussed multiple times on this board.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Rulesman on October 19, 2016, 09:06:50 pm
Game management issue. Been discussed multiple times on this board.

Forum search yielded a single post from 2010...guess I'm not doing it right....so basically up to the admin at the games to get rid of those darn cowbells....

arreferee

Jimbo Morphis

Our crowd rings their cowbells when we have the ball. When the other team has the ball they are silent.

Oldbadger

I don't think that the noise detracts from the players playing in Arkansas in high school.  I recall, as a player many years ago, that when the ball was kicked off, I only heard the other players and the coach; every thing else was ignored.  The Salt Bowl, between Benton and Bryant is the only game that I know of in high school in Arkansas where noise may have an effect on players. 
Citing the rule for noise during the game, the first sentence states: "Bands are not to be used to disrupt an opponent's game" It is then followed by the "play between the twentys" rule.  Therefore, bands should play at times such as; after a score, at halftime, before the game, at timeouts, etc., not when and opponent is lining up to call the snap.  Who enforces this? No one.
I, for one, care only about how the noise makers such as cowbells and air horns affect me, not the players.  I will actually get up and move away from my own fans to get away from that noise.

young_gun

Artificial Noisemakers. Artificial noisemakers shall not be used at any
indoor event. Artificial noisemakers are items such as, but not limited to,
megaphones, air horns, bells, whistles, clickers, thunder sticks,
explosive devices, tape/CD players, and radios. Noisemakers that
require an external power source are not allowed at benefit games,
regular season events, and post-season events.

Found in the AAA Handbook Page 117

http://members.ahsaa.org/public/userfiles/Admin/2016-17_AAA_Handbook_abs.pdf

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: young_gun on October 20, 2016, 11:16:48 am
Artificial Noisemakers. Artificial noisemakers shall not be used at any
indoor event. Artificial noisemakers are items such as, but not limited to,
megaphones, air horns, bells, whistles, clickers, thunder sticks,
explosive devices, tape/CD players, and radios. Noisemakers that
require an external power source are not allowed at benefit games,
regular season events, and post-season events.

Found in the AAA Handbook Page 117

http://members.ahsaa.org/public/userfiles/Admin/2016-17_AAA_Handbook_abs.pdf
We know this but there is nobody to enforce it.

ricepig

From my perspective watching a lot of games, everyone's band plays when they want to, no matter who has the ball, where the ball is spotted, and time or importance of the game. I agree, the noise isn't loud enough to influence or bother play as these sideline bleachers don't keep the noise in.

Jack1990

That might be why it specifies at indoor events. Don't believe cowbells at football stadiums are covered. At least not until we get a dome in Arkansas.

beach bum

SantaHog

Why are these limited to indoor events only?  Whistles in particular should not be allowed under any circumstances.

Longfellow

As someone who played football and was a percussionist in marching band as well, I loved hearing cowbells while I was on the field . A lady from my church would bring three or four and go wild. Air horns, in my opinion, have no place at a football game. And as for playing in the red zone, I think the band should be able to play with almost no restrictions. Part of the atmosphere and part of fun of Friday night

beach bum

Quote from: Longfellow on October 21, 2016, 12:07:05 pm
As someone who played football and was a percussionist in marching band as well, I loved hearing cowbells while I was on the field . A lady from my church would bring three or four and go wild. Air horns, in my opinion, have no place at a football game. And as for playing in the red zone, I think the band should be able to play with almost no restrictions. Part of the atmosphere and part of fun of Friday night

My exact thoughts as well. It just makes the atmosphere better with the extra noise. Idk why but I just love it. Also, you know sports and play music, plus you have your movie thread at the bottom of fearless. You might have to change your screen name to Renaissance Man soon haha.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas