• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Warren Lumberjacks vs Batesville SS Southerners. 8/25/2018 at NLR

Started by AirWarren, August 12, 2018, 02:39:38 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

GhostofRosswoodCC

Airwarren, with your post

I agree
But to what heberfan was saying is my point,   Kid played whole game basically both ways.   Coach did not want to get kid overworked is reason why he was not targeted with ball is stupid.

HE was not targeted because he was double teamed, basically the whole game.

HeberFan

Quote from: GhostofRosswoodCC on August 27, 2018, 09:24:34 am

I agree
But to what heberfan was saying is my point,   Kid played whole game basically both ways.   Coach did not want to get kid overworked is reason why he was not targeted with ball is stupid.

So, Ghost is saying that Southside was able to take Burks out of the game ?

AirWarren

Quote from: GhostofRosswoodCC on August 27, 2018, 09:24:34 am

I agree

Trust me. He was doubled teamed by Robinson, PG, Arkadelphia. He cannot be guarded. The whole point of these games is to find depth and the staff knows the weapons that are on this team. If you cannot understand that, then there is no helping you.

Yes he played both ways, but what sense does it make to give him 40 touches vs SS Batesville? If you put him in the wildcat package, that game is over by the end of the 2nd because there was not one kid that would have stopped him in the open field in Navy tops.

AirWarren

Quote from: HeberFan on August 27, 2018, 09:26:39 am
So, Ghost is saying that Southside was able to take Burks out of the game ?

If so then so be it haha. We had a back that had 14 ypc and it was 42-13 in the 4th quarter when our second and third teamers came in lol

HeberFan

Quote from: AirWarren on August 27, 2018, 09:30:04 am
If so then so be it haha. We had a back that had 14 ypc and it was 42-13 in the 4th quarter when our second and third teamers came in lol

I agree, Warren was dominant. But it seems like people in here are saying Southside executed a plan that made Burks ineffective. If that's true, it's a big deal. If Warren just didn't use Burks that much, then it isn't a big deal. Who saw the game and who can say what really happened ?

GhostofRosswoodCC

Quote from: AirWarren on August 27, 2018, 09:28:49 am
Trust me. He was doubled teamed by Robinson, PG, Arkadelphia. He cannot be guarded. The whole point of these games is to find depth and the staff knows the weapons that are on this team. If you cannot understand that, then there is no helping you.

Yes he played both ways, but what sense does it make to give him 40 touches vs SS Batesville? If you put him in the wildcat package, that game is over by the end of the 2nd because there was not one kid that would have stopped him in the open field in Navy tops.

Airwarren,  come on man.  Warren is good,  but not a Super team,  You are delusional,  Southside played with them, and if they could have scored both times in the 2nd and 3rd quarter when they were inside the 10,  You would have been sweating bullets.  Saving a High school kid?  come on man,  give me a break.  He was getting double teamed.

I did not want to go there

But How the heck if he such a Good Coach he did not win a State when Wright/ Childs and Gragg were seniors?  3 NFL players

Also,
How the heck did they not win it by a Blowout last year with your analogy of this years team?  They should have been saved up and ready to roll in state championship game.

I am not a fan of either team and cannot believe, I am on here arguing,  but I just went to watch 2 Future Hogs play.  Honestly don't care, just making some outside observations. of game.  Wish I had not posted,   Warren fans more delusional than Watson Chapel fans. 

AirWarren

Quote from: HeberFan on August 27, 2018, 09:34:32 am
I agree, Warren was dominant. But it seems like people in here are saying Southside executed a plan that made Burks ineffective. If that's true, it's a big deal. If Warren just didn't use Burks that much, then it isn't a big deal. Who saw the game and who can say what really happened ?

Rewatching the game, he was thrown to once. And was put in at QB once because our QB lost his helmet and had to go to the sideline.

#12 was thrown to. Sophomore.
#37 was thrown to. Sophomore(had one touchdown).
#80 was thrown to. Junior who is playing football for the first time since Jr. high.
#4 was thrown to. Senior who caught the 75 yard TD pass.
#15 was thrown to. Sophomore.
#7 was out for a half and was not targeted much.
#13 was targeted once.

The touchdowns were scored on #1 QB keeper, touchdown pass to #37(sophomore), touchdown pass to #4(our possession guy), and 3 rushing touchdowns by our Junior RB.

There is a trend there, if Ghost can see it.

AirWarren

Quote from: GhostofRosswoodCC on August 27, 2018, 09:40:46 am
Airwarren,  come on man.  Warren is good,  but not a Super team,  You are delusional,  Southside played with them, and if they could have scored both times in the 2nd and 3rd quarter when they were inside the 10,  You would have been sweating bullets.  Saving a High school kid?  come on man,  give me a break.  He was getting double teamed.

But How the heck if he such a Good Coach he did not win a State when Wright/ Childs and Gragg were seniors?  3 NFL players

Also,
How the heck did they not win it by a Blowout last year with your analogy of this years team?  They should have been saved up and ready to roll in state championship game.

I am not a fan of either team and cannot believe, I am on here arguing,  but I just went to watch 2 Future Hogs play.  Honestly don't care, just making some outside observations. of game.  Wish I had not posted,   Warren fans more delusional than Watson Chapel fans. 

What would you know? White hall bulldog fan with zero state titles. Come talk to us when you can make it to the big stage. You're the bottom feeder of Jefferson County football.

Heck you hate on Chapel but at least they have a state title, lol.

STUNNA

Burks can get his whenever He wants.. lol... has been that way since his freshman year... seems scary to think that Warrens two dynamic offensive players didn't score and hardly had any touches. That's soeaks volumes to what Hembree is trying to do and how scary it will be when they start giving Burks and McKnight the ball more often. Anyone doubting the talent of Burks is an idiot. Burks won't get the keys to the bus until playoff time most likely.

cuckoobird

AirWarren

Quote from: STUNNA on August 27, 2018, 09:53:52 am
Burks can get his whenever He wants.. lol... has been that way since his freshman year... seems scary to think that Warrens two dynamic offensive players didn't score and hardly had any touches. That's soeaks volumes to what Hembree is trying to do and how scary it will be when they start giving Burks and McKnight the ball more often. Anyone doubting the talent of Burks is an idiot. Burks won't get the keys to the bus until playoff time most likely.

Stunna, come back to the delusional pool....someone from White Hall has spoken.

The game was 42-13 with #7 and #13 not even crossing into the endzone...lol

STUNNA

Quote from: AirWarren on August 27, 2018, 09:56:57 am
Stunna, come back to the delusional pool....someone from White Hall has spoken.

The game was 42-13 with #7 and #13 not even crossing into the endzone...lol
scary.. lol

AirWarren

Quote from: STUNNA on August 27, 2018, 10:08:49 am
scary.. lol

I will rewatch, but I am certain he caught one pass and MAYBE was targeted one more time. Think there was some question if it was PI on the play.

HeberFan

Teams win and lose, with great coaches and players, every year. No need to knock Warren because of championship game wins or losses.

Feels like Southside got whipped and wants to at least say "we stopped Burks."  Truth is, Southside didn't play Burks. They played Warren. Southside has a very good team this year, and played an even better team.

OrangeCrush.

I watched the whole game and after the 1st quarter I didn't see Burks much on offense. They didn't need him regardless. Southside had no business in that game.

Coltfan2005

Quote from: Razorhummer on August 27, 2018, 03:08:43 am
None! It was 3A back in 02-03 ::)

So you are saying Rivercrest has never played for a 4A state title? That Rivercrest has never WON a 4A state title? I believe that is what your "none" comment meant? Now, you might want to disappear off this thread before you find out the REAL answer to the question.

Still not able to count to 4?

HeberFan

Quote from: OrangeCrush. on August 27, 2018, 11:34:52 am
I watched the whole game and after the 1st quarter I didn't see Burks much on offense. They didn't need him regardless. Southside had no business in that game.

Southside certainly had business in the game. They've improved a lot in the last few years. Taking on Warren is just a big task for anyone.

Coltfan2005

Quote from: SouthernerPride on August 26, 2018, 07:36:45 pm
please.. beating up on 3A schools for a few years has got to your head. It will make taking the licks from your new 4A brethren much easier to bare.

Didn't even notice you were back. No response to getting called out for the crap you were spouting?

Coltfan2005

Lumberjackfan1978

Also,

than go back to the 5A board

Razorhummer

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on August 27, 2018, 11:55:49 am
So you are saying Rivercrest has never played for a 4A state title? That Rivercrest has never WON a 4A state title? I believe that is what your "none" comment meant? Now, you might want to disappear off this thread before you find out the REAL answer to the question.

Still not able to count to 4?
Yep that's what I said and I'm not going anywhere, I mean I don't stay on here as much as you do like a girl taking selfies on Facebook all day lol . If your referring to when you played Warren in 02, that was for the class 3A title. Newport and Osceola's 1st year in class 3A was in 2002 after dropping down a class from the 4A East with Vilonia and Beebe taking their spot. It was like that until 06 when the AAA decided to bump up the classifications. Good grief I'm starting to wonder if that's all that Rivercrest teaches is football. Just in case you don't know the classifications that changed 12 years ago it is 1A which doesn't have football, then you have 2A, 3A and now your 4A, then 5A, 6A and 7A. Time to move on and have a nice day! ;D

HeberFan

Coltfan2005

Quote from: Razorhummer on August 28, 2018, 07:42:43 am
Yep that's what I said and I'm not going anywhere, I mean I don't stay on here as much as you do like a girl taking selfies on Facebook all day lol . If your referring to when you played Warren in 02, that was for the class 3A title. Newport and Osceola's 1st year in class 3A was in 2002 after dropping down a class from the 4A East with Vilonia and Beebe taking their spot. It was like that until 06 when the AAA decided to bump up the classifications. Good grief I'm starting to wonder if that's all that Rivercrest teaches is football. Just in case you don't know the classifications that changed 12 years ago it is 1A which doesn't have football, then you have 2A, 3A and now your 4A, then 5A, 6A and 7A. Time to move on and have a nice day! ;D

You really think they didn't have football before 2001? 1982,1983,1985,1986..4A state champs in 1985. The colts also played in 2002,2003, 2010,2015,2017. Tell me about the 4A state titles your team has played for. You know, it does not take a student of football to spend 3 minutes googling something before making oneself look ignorant.Try it.

phdefense

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on August 28, 2018, 01:09:58 pm
You really think they didn't have football before 2001? 1982,1983,1985,1986..4A state champs in 1985. The colts also played in 2002,2003, 2010,2015,2017. Tell me about the 4A state titles your team has played for. You know, it does not take a student of football to spend 3 minutes googling something before making oneself look ignorant.Try it.
None of those championships were in a classification that was called the "4A" at the time. You may be saying they were 4A equivalent titles but were not actual 4A titles.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Arkansas_state_high_school_football_champions

HeberFan

Sounds like Warren is trying  to play as a team and not rely on just one guy. What a concept!

phdefense

Quote from: HeberFan on August 28, 2018, 03:30:34 pm
Sounds like Warren is trying  to play as a team and not rely on just one guy. What a concept!
You got it

As someone that gets to see Warren play in non-conference on a yearly basis. You have to earn the right to see the best players especially Burks. Bo experiments a lot in the non-conference and after that, he is not going to show anything he doesn't have to. He will just run basic plays with a balanced lineup and if you can stop that and score on the defense then you might get to see that good stuff.

richboy

Also,

but they didn't score inside the 10 in the 2nd and 3rd quarter did they? Lol

smurf_you91

How do all of these threads about two teams end up becoming all about totally opposite teams? Until the colts prove their selves in THIS 4A division then shut up about the colts this is warrens division until they are tired of owning it or until they play arky again lol jkjk. But since we are making it about other teams GO HILLBILLIES

Coltfan2005

Quote from: phdefense on August 28, 2018, 03:28:40 pm
None of those championships were in a classification that was called the "4A" at the time. You may be saying they were 4A equivalent titles but were not actual 4A titles.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Arkansas_state_high_school_football_champions

Yes, they were. The classification AAAA was formed in 1977. 1983, the 4a and 5a were combined and called the 4a by the AAA. 

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on August 28, 2018, 05:52:41 pm
Yes, they were. The classification AAAA was formed in 1977. 1983, the 4a and 5a were combined and called the 4a by the AAA.

I'm not so sure about that. I was in high school in the late 80's and Stuttgart was in the 5AAA North. I don't think you guys were in a higher classification then because I know we were in the same class (3A) when we played you guys in the finals and semis in '82-'83.

FF Secretary of Defense Flap_Jack48

Quote from: phdefense on August 28, 2018, 03:42:05 pm
You got it

As someone that gets to see Warren play in non-conference on a yearly basis. You have to earn the right to see the best players especially Burks. Bo experiments a lot in the non-conference and after that, he is not going to show anything he doesn't have to. He will just run basic plays with a balanced lineup and if you can stop that and score on the defense then you might get to see that good stuff.

This^^^.  A few of my thoughts about the game after watching it online.  First, Batesville SS certainly deserved to be in that football game, any thought otherwise is foolish.  They put a good team on the field last season, returned a wealth of starters and quite frankly, had Warren fans sweating pretty good for the first quarter and a half.  They have size on the lines, skill on the edges and I was impressed with their QB in both arm talent and overall size.  This Batesville SS team, unless the rest of the 2-4A cranks it up, I don't see the Southerners having an overly difficult time claiming the conference title outright this season.  They are a very good 4A football team that will make a deep run in the play-offs this season.  Well coached, experienced and hungry--you could tell that from how they played.  They out hustled Warren in the first half for sure.

For Warren, it's exactly what phdefense said.  Non-conference is one, big experimentation for Bo to find depth and prepare his guys to face adversity in the future.  He got his guys uncomfortable playing in the heat and humidity and they had to adapt and perform.  He got his younger players some playing time and confidence.  Bo already knows what he has in Treylon, he doesn't need to see him score 5 TDs against Batesville SS to feel better or more confident in him.  What he does need is a WR corps that can go out and find ways to get in the endzone this season if and when Treylon is double or triple covered.  He accomplished that, and I think will continue to instill that confidence through-out non-conference and into conference play.  Defense looked good but not outstanding.  There was some blown assignments in the secondary and the defensive line looked gassed/uninterested at points in the game.  Bo and his coaches will have to work on those issues and get them all refocused.  The LB corp looked outstanding though, and having Treylon on that side of the ball is always an added bonus.  For the "lack" of production offensively, he more than made up for it defensively and in some big spots too.

I think what I took from the game more than anything is that Warren defensively performed well, only giving up 13 points with the starters on the field to a Top 8 team in Class 4A.  They made big stops when they had to (those two drives inside the 10 yard line in the first half) and we're big and athletic in the Front 7 with a very athletic secondary.  Offensively, the Jacks put 42 on the scoreboard without their two main offensive weapons crossing the goal line.  Burks and McKnight were not featured heavily on offense and those two accounted for what had to have been 80% of the offensive production last season.  That stat should terrify the 4A.  As STUNNA said, when he is needed and called upon, Treylon will be able to get his and McKnight has elite level speed and skill and will be a featured weapon of this offensive whenever Hembree decides to flip that switch.  The most impressive thing I took from watching the game offensively is we have a true, #1 running back in Steppes and I anticipate him being able to put up some monster numbers.  With his emergence, we shouldn't have to rely on Treylon in the Elephant package nearly as much as we did last year which will hopefully allow him to play more at WR where in single coverage, there isn't a DB in class 4A that can man up with him--so that'll create mismatches.  If teams double him, as SS did all game, then we've now established we other weapons that can hurt you and oh yeah, there's still McKnight the burner in the back pocket.  Offensive line looked great for sure and I was happy to see how the unit performed.  Barring a rash of injuries like we suffered on the o-line last year, this unit will continue to improve and should be a strength for us in the play-offs as we have considerable size up front.

It's an exciting time to be a Lumberjack fan.  I'm anxious to see how we improve from game 1 to game 2 as Hembree made mention that his teams typically take their biggest step forward between weeks 1 and 2.  Ready to see how they perform against a Stuttgart team next weekend that'll either be coming off a vitally important win against Star City and looking to continue to improve or will be reeling at 0-2 and could be starting a tailspin into conference play.  Great game this past Saturday by the Jacks, good sportsmanship shown by all and happy to start off with a win. 

Go Jacks!

-Kyle

KASH dba The Lumberjack

I didn't make it to the game so I listened to it on the radio. Bo taped his pre game interview on Thursday and said then, two days before the game, Burks was going to be played primarily on defense in that game. Bo experiments a lot in the first 3 games. Two years ago, Reep, the possession receiver, would have never scored on a 70+ yard catch. Now every DC will have to scheme something for him, as well as Burks, McKnight, Steppes, and Kinnard. That's several players that can score at any point in the game.

HeberFan

richboy

Quote from: FF Secretary of Defense Flap_Jack48 on August 29, 2018, 10:21:34 am
This^^^.  A few of my thoughts about the game after watching it online.  First, Batesville SS certainly deserved to be in that football game, any thought otherwise is foolish.  They put a good team on the field last season, returned a wealth of starters and quite frankly, had Warren fans sweating pretty good for the first quarter and a half.  They have size on the lines, skill on the edges and I was impressed with their QB in both arm talent and overall size.  This Batesville SS team, unless the rest of the 2-4A cranks it up, I don't see the Southerners having an overly difficult time claiming the conference title outright this season.  They are a very good 4A football team that will make a deep run in the play-offs this season.  Well coached, experienced and hungry--you could tell that from how they played.  They out hustled Warren in the first half for sure.

For Warren, it's exactly what phdefense said.  Non-conference is one, big experimentation for Bo to find depth and prepare his guys to face adversity in the future.  He got his guys uncomfortable playing in the heat and humidity and they had to adapt and perform.  He got his younger players some playing time and confidence.  Bo already knows what he has in Treylon, he doesn't need to see him score 5 TDs against Batesville SS to feel better or more confident in him.  What he does need is a WR corps that can go out and find ways to get in the endzone this season if and when Treylon is double or triple covered.  He accomplished that, and I think will continue to instill that confidence through-out non-conference and into conference play.  Defense looked good but not outstanding.  There was some blown assignments in the secondary and the defensive line looked gassed/uninterested at points in the game.  Bo and his coaches will have to work on those issues and get them all refocused.  The LB corp looked outstanding though, and having Treylon on that side of the ball is always an added bonus.  For the "lack" of production offensively, he more than made up for it defensively and in some big spots too.

I think what I took from the game more than anything is that Warren defensively performed well, only giving up 13 points with the starters on the field to a Top 8 team in Class 4A.  They made big stops when they had to (those two drives inside the 10 yard line in the first half) and we're big and athletic in the Front 7 with a very athletic secondary.  Offensively, the Jacks put 42 on the scoreboard without their two main offensive weapons crossing the goal line.  Burks and McKnight were not featured heavily on offense and those two accounted for what had to have been 80% of the offensive production last season.  That stat should terrify the 4A.  As STUNNA said, when he is needed and called upon, Treylon will be able to get his and McKnight has elite level speed and skill and will be a featured weapon of this offensive whenever Hembree decides to flip that switch.  The most impressive thing I took from watching the game offensively is we have a true, #1 running back in Steppes and I anticipate him being able to put up some monster numbers.  With his emergence, we shouldn't have to rely on Treylon in the Elephant package nearly as much as we did last year which will hopefully allow him to play more at WR where in single coverage, there isn't a DB in class 4A that can man up with him--so that'll create mismatches.  If teams double him, as SS did all game, then we've now established we other weapons that can hurt you and oh yeah, there's still McKnight the burner in the back pocket.  Offensive line looked great for sure and I was happy to see how the unit performed.  Barring a rash of injuries like we suffered on the o-line last year, this unit will continue to improve and should be a strength for us in the play-offs as we have considerable size up front.

It's an exciting time to be a Lumberjack fan.  I'm anxious to see how we improve from game 1 to game 2 as Hembree made mention that his teams typically take their biggest step forward between weeks 1 and 2.  Ready to see how they perform against a Stuttgart team next weekend that'll either be coming off a vitally important win against Star City and looking to continue to improve or will be reeling at 0-2 and could be starting a tailspin into conference play.  Great game this past Saturday by the Jacks, good sportsmanship shown by all and happy to start off with a win. 

Go Jacks!

-Kyle
that's a very good summary but again that works for a team with a average defense. Put that scheme up against a team with a great defense like arkadelphia and Robinson had last season and the outcome comes back to Burks in the elephant package 🤷🏽‍♂️ .... Another note based off your summary warren used different options and not their best players to win this game lol put burks in the elephant package against SS the game wouldn't of been close... SS is not a contender.. they said that last year and got blown out 42-8 2nd round.

AirWarren

Quote from: richboy on August 29, 2018, 03:34:37 pm
that's a very good summary but again that works for a team with a average defense. Put that scheme up against a team with a great defense like arkadelphia and Robinson had last season and the outcome comes back to Burks in the elephant package 🤷🏽‍♂️ .... Another note based off your summary warren used different options and not their best players to win this game lol put burks in the elephant package against SS the game wouldn't of been close... SS is not a contender.. they said that last year and got blown out 42-8 2nd round.

One game at a time.

richboy

Quote from: AirWarren on August 29, 2018, 03:37:07 pm
One game at a time.
that's understandable but wasn't this SS chance to show they are a top contender in 4a 🤷🏽‍♂️ they couldn't even do it with warren using different strategies to see what they have to work with this season is all I'm saying lol

FF Secretary of Defense Flap_Jack48

August 29, 2018, 03:43:09 pm #286 Last Edit: August 29, 2018, 03:45:37 pm by FF Secretary of Defense Flap_Jack48
Quote from: richboy on August 29, 2018, 03:34:37 pm

Your key phrase in that was "last season". You were right, Robinson and Arkie had some good defenses last season, but let's see what they put on the field this year. Warren still has their main weapons and have added to the arsenal with more young talent. Robinson's defense against Springdale didn't look all-world from what I watched. They played well, but looked slow on some plays in the first half with Soringdale players outrunning them to the edge. Arkie I haven't watched yet but plan to if the live feed is working for Benton.

Could Warren go Elephant package if needed, absolutely, but I think we'll see that less this year because we have more playmakers on offense outside of Treylon and McKnight. The sophomores we have rotating will only get better and more confident as the season progresses. So even "great" defense can't double up multiple players. Don't have enough personnel. And with warren this season, if you drop everyone into coverage then Steppes and Kinnard kill you on the ground. Warren will be very difficult to gameplan the deeper into the season we go.

-Kyle

SUGARTOWN

What most people fail to realize is that year in year out the key to beating or being competitive against Warren is slowing down or stopping the run game. Easier said than done most games but the fact remains.

Everyone is worried about the passing game but the killer is when they hit a few passes, get spread you out and THEN run the ball.

AirWarren

Quote from: SUGARTOWN on August 29, 2018, 03:53:22 pm
What most people fail to realize is that year in year out the key to beating or being competitive against Warren is slowing down or stopping the run game. Easier said than done most games but the fact remains.

Everyone is worried about the passing game but the killer is when they hit a few passes, get spread you out and THEN run the ball.

When Hembree installed that pistol package back in 2012. He had a run first QB and Kilay Cox in the backfield who was with them for several more years in the backfield. Then came Lassiter and Daniels in the backfield. Now, two years in, Steppes and Kinnard are in the backfield. Kyle and I have discussed it before, the power run package with that initial pistol set was the icing on the cake with Warren.

It helps we have had some good sized offensive linemen since 2012 too...an area that hurt us in the past.

cuckoobird

+1 sugartown. That's how a weaker team has kept the game close and within reach. That's always a good philosophy and referencing 2012, warrens run game was totally stopped that's why they didn't have but maybe 150 total yards and didn't score

SouthernerPride

Quote from: cuckoobird on August 29, 2018, 05:14:20 pm
+1 sugartown. That's how a weaker team has kept the game close and within reach. That's always a good philosophy and referencing 2012, warrens run game was totally stopped that's why they didn't have but maybe 150 total yards and didn't score
in Warren's defense, nobody ran the ball against that 2012 Stuttgart D.

Romeo

All of our state championships except one have come from a strong running game. Shutting down our run definitely gives another team the opportunity to win. Best example I saw was in 2007 against Nashville. A lot of people ask why we couldn't win state with three future NFL players at receiver. Well, we didn't have a run game that year. We had the ball at least four times inside the 10 yard line in that game and didn't score.

AirWarren

Quote from: Romeo on August 29, 2018, 10:16:46 pm
All of our state championships except one have come from a strong running game. Shutting down our run definitely gives another team the opportunity to win. Best example I saw was in 2007 against Nashville. A lot of people ask why we couldn't win state with three future NFL players at receiver. Well, we didn't have a run game that year. We had the ball at least four times inside the 10 yard line in that game and didn't score.

Inside the 5, we were throwing the ball. Yeah, that doesn't happen anymore.

OrangeCrush.

Quote from: Romeo on August 29, 2018, 10:16:46 pm
Good times.  :)

HeberFan

The teams that do best against Warren, score a lot of touchdowns but don't allow many.

OrangeCrush.

Quote from: HeberFan on August 30, 2018, 12:54:22 pm
The teams that do best against Warren, score a lot of touchdowns but don't allow many.
So they blow them out?

cuckoobird

Trying to keep up with warren is the worst thing to do. They are disciplined offensively and don't really turn the ball over. Beter play defense and pound the rock

HeberFan

One thing you never say to Warren:  "Let's play soccer, instead!"

SUGARTOWN

Quote from: HeberFan on August 30, 2018, 02:49:54 pm
One thing you never say to Warren:  "Let's play soccer, instead!"

That should never be said to anyone, anywhere, anytime.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas