• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2A-5 District @ MC

Started by True Fan, February 11, 2013, 05:49:08 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

True Fan

Just a coach, or are you also an official?

keohog

Quote from: No Name on February 16, 2013, 11:06:23 pm
Quote from: True Fan on February 16, 2013, 10:56:09 pm
Quote from: No Name on February 16, 2013, 10:29:29 pm
Quote from: True Fan on February 16, 2013, 06:35:08 pm
Poyen 12
MC 13 half

Peewee rejects call 7 total fouls in a physical half.

You must not know much about real basketball, those guys did a really good job by letting the kids decide who won.  They were not whistle happy referees who just want everyone to know they are there. I tip my hat to these guys.

Spoken like a No Name official. What is "real basketball"?

Since the NFHS publishes a rule book, a case book, and a referee's manual on basketball, some expect it to go by that.

If that's too hard for you to comprehend, there is a special announcement each year labelled "Points of Emphasis" on all of the calls that y'all have been missing. Basically, a heads up on an area that officials need to improve on. Guess you missed that at the clinic.

Were you on the court, or did you call the boy's game?

I was a spectator watching the game, I am a 5A basketball coach and I thought those guys did a great job.
No Name what did you think of the calling in the Boy's game?

No Name

Quote from: True Fan on February 16, 2013, 11:14:00 pm

Just a coach, why would I officiate basketball, when I coach it?  I hate 2/3 of those guys.

No Name

Quote from: keohog on February 16, 2013, 11:17:39 pm
Poyen 12
MC 13 half

You must not know much about real basketball, those guys did a really good job by letting the kids decide who won.  They were not whistle happy referees who just want everyone to know they are there. I tip my hat to these guys.

Since the NFHS publishes a rule book, a case book, and a referee's manual on basketball, some expect it to go by that.

If that's too hard for you to comprehend, there is a special announcement each year labelled "Points of Emphasis" on all of the calls that y'all have been missing. Basically, a heads up on an area that officials need to improve on. Guess you missed that at the clinic.

I was a spectator watching the game, I am a 5A basketball coach and I thought those guys did a great job.

I thought it was fine, they let the boys decide the game.  Poyen just couldn't handle England's quickness tonight.

jdwalk

Poyen 12
MC 13 half

If he thought the officiating in the girls game was good he obviously has no idea what he's talking about anyway.

No Name

You guys haven't ever seen bad officiating until you go into a LR 5A school and they let them beat you nearly to death and don't call anything.

keohog

Quote from: No Name on February 16, 2013, 11:22:05 pm
Poyen 12
MC 13 half

I thought it was fine, they let the boys decide the game.  Poyen just couldn't handle England's quickness tonight.
England had to be quick it was 5 against 8 all night.

BigLion10

Quote from: No Name on February 16, 2013, 11:27:28 pm
You guys haven't ever seen bad officiating until you go into a LR 5A school and they let them beat you nearly to death and don't call anything.
its usually like that at abundant life it's like tackle football out there

True Fan

Quote from: No Name on February 16, 2013, 11:20:33 pm

Just a coach, why would I officiate basketball, when I coach it?  I hate 2/3 of those guys.

Just asking. You sound like an official defending your buddies.

Well, that and you claimed to be an official on fearlessfriday. ;D  You weren't praising them quite as much when it was your team, coach.

Quote from: No Name on February 16, 2012, 07:18:46 pm
I do officiate, and some people are just out there to get a check and go home.  These people need to get out.  There are some people that I just refuse to officiate with, these people do not need a licence.  It is not fair to the kids that work so hard to get where they are.  There needs to be more observers in the game to correct these people, and if they are not correctable, revoke their licence.

jdwalk

Quote from: keohog on February 16, 2013, 11:27:42 pm
Poyen 12
MC 13 half

Come on man, England got by with carrying the ball all night long. Over the back was never call on England either. In spite of that if Poyen could have hit their open shots they would have won easily.

True Fan

Quote from: BigLion10 on February 16, 2013, 11:34:36 pm
Quote from: No Name on February 16, 2013, 11:27:28 pm
its usually like that at abundant life it's like tackle football out there

;D It was worse after the game when we were up there. I didn't realize that Sherwood had that many police cars. ;D

True Fan

I will say that Mickey put together a great game plan for the Lady Indians tonight. Those girls played the zone well and the Lady Panthers perimeter shooting never really heated up. Poyen had a few untimely errors that kept them from closing at the end.

Good luck at regional to both teams. I bet we'll see a rematch in the finals.

No Name

Quote from: True Fan on February 16, 2013, 11:36:02 pm
Quote from: No Name on February 16, 2013, 11:20:33 pm

Just asking. You sound like an official defending your buddies.

Well, that and you claimed to be an official on fearlessfriday. ;D  You weren't praising them quite as much when it was your team, coach.

Quote from: No Name on February 16, 2012, 07:18:46 pm
I do officiate, and some people are just out there to get a check and go home.  These people need to get out.  There are some people that I just refuse to officiate with, these people do not need a licence.  It is not fair to the kids that work so hard to get where they are.  There needs to be more observers in the game to correct these people, and if they are not correctable, revoke their licence.

I officiate baseball not basketball, and I don't think any of those guys on the floor Saturday night officiate baseball.

True Fan

In my opinion, they don't officiate basketball, either. ;D

Cheek

February 18, 2013, 09:11:42 am #64 Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 09:14:51 am by Cheek
Quote from: jdwalk on February 16, 2013, 11:38:01 pm
Poyen 12
MC 13 half

Come on man, England got by with carrying the ball all night long. Over the back was never call on England either. In spite of that if Poyen could have hit their open shots they would have won easily.

I know you are not serious.  It is amazing that Poyen fans would ever complain about officials.  Poyen should put a sign above their gym naming it "Poyen Country Restaurant" for all the home cooking you get there.  I guess when you get use to that type of home cooking, it is hard to go anywhere else.

jdwalk

Quote from: Cheek on February 18, 2013, 09:11:42 am
Poyen 12
MC 13 half

I know you are not serious.  It is amazing that Poyen fans would ever complain about officials.  Poyen should put a sign above their gym naming it "Poyen Country Restaurant" for all the home cooking you get there.  I guess when you get use to that type of home cooking, it is hard to go anywhere else.
Don't get me wrong I know Poyen got some calls but so did England. Home cooking happens at every school. England, Magnet Cove, Mt. Pine, etc etc etc. They all get calls when playing at home. I think if we looked at the games objectively we would be able to see the officiating at the 2A level is just plain bad.

jdwalk

Quote from: Cheek on February 18, 2013, 09:11:42 am
Poyen 12
MC 13 half

Don't get me wrong I know Poyen got some calls but so did England. Home cooking happens at every school. England, Magnet Cove, Mt. Pine, etc etc etc. They all get calls when playing at home. I think if we looked at the games objectively we would be able to see the officiating at the 2A level is just plain bad

BigLion10

the refs have sucked this year on all levels in every sport from high school to the pros

bigworm

we had better all look around at the age of most of these officials. not all but lots are close to 50 it seems. i'm not saying that 50 is old, but i am saying that we had better hope that there are always guys who are willing to go out take people running them in the ground about the way they call a game. i for one DO NOT want their job and are very thankful for their willingness to do the job. that being said, it seems like there are some who want to simply get paid and aren't that interested in the integrity that comes with the job. everyone sees things from a different perspective and i hear my teams fans time after time complaining about a call that was clearly the right call by the official. let's all remember that these kids play the game to have fun. don't let our whining and complaining take one second of fun from them. also, i believe that until my team plays an error free game there is blame to be laid at the feet of the players and coach. after all, you can't control officiating but you do control the mistakes that you make. when there is no blame to be laid at the feet of players or coaches is when i personally will blame an official for the outcome of a game. turnovers, missed assignments, missed layups, missed freethrows, lazieness, the list goes on and on. in my opinion, these are the things that we should teach our players to focus on. not the refs mistakes. sports are for entertainment for us and to teach our young men and women to work hard, trust each other, play like a team, and never give up. at the end of the day, sports are there to make our children into better people. our society is riddled with people who don't want to shoulder their mistakes. God please help us to teach our children better. no offense to anyone. good luck to the 5-2A in the regional!! GO LIONS!!

jdwalk

I guess you could call it home cooking at Poyen. All the Refs seem to like our homemade doughnuts...lol

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas