• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Prayer Request for my daughter updated Fall 2018

Started by Lions84, February 17, 2016, 02:52:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Lions84

February 17, 2016, 02:52:33 pm Last Edit: August 20, 2018, 10:02:28 am by Lions84
This Saturday my Daughter goes and plays for the shot to go to state in the Texas UIL Music Solo Piano competition. Here in Texas for some strange reason you can only advance to State in Piano as a SR. She earned UIL Straight 1's the past 2 years.  If she gets all ones this Saturday she gets to go to Austin for the State Completion and could win a State Music Scholarship in Piano with a Top 5 finish.
Thanks for your Prayers that she does her best , She played and memories 6 pages of Mozart Music for this competition.

sevenof400

Best of luck to your daughter, Lions84!  May she leave all the judges with a tear in their eyes from lovely melodies!

NEA Razorback olfan

Prayers for your daughter and safe travels!!

Lions84

Thanks we got a 30 minute drive to the event center at Crowley HS in Crowley Texas.

Lions84

Thanks every one she played a College level Mozart Piece and the Judge gave her a 2 so she will not be advancing. Her Piano Instructor who has a Masters in Music said the Judge was too harsh and she should have gotten a one.   Mark up my opposition to judging from the Olympics down to HS Music.

Lions84

Lions84

Tomorrow is T-14 days to my baby is off to College.

Lions84

Lions84

Well we got her moved in Thanks for the Prayers Folks.

Lions84

She had 4 A's a B and a C the first semester.

Lions84

She finished her first year and should be on the Deans list for the Spring.  She got a summer job and taking 2 comp classes in English at the Local Community College since her degree plan is 5 years and the scholarships only for 4.

Lions84

Quote from: Lions84 on May 04, 2017, 02:26:35 pm
She finished her first year and should be on the Deans list for the Spring.  She got a summer job and taking 2 comp classes in English at the Local Community College since her degree plan is 5 years and the scholarships only for 4.

Well that all crashed and burned she wound up with 2 C's and we are OK cause she just to concerned with some out of class things.

Lions84

She was awarded a Chancellors Scholarship and Marty Scholarship which cut our out of cost down to $6,000 a year. 

Lions84

She still struggles with making friends and building long term relationships.  Her Moms illnesses have dampened her joy and experience in College.

Lions84

Daughter passed her Piano Trails to continue in the College of Music Yesterday.  Jr Year of college coming up.

Lions84

I move baby girl in to start her JR year of College the 13th of this Month!

Lions84

Got her moved in and went to the Chiropractor the next day. Her and her room mate have hit it off.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas