• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Lisa academy north vs Guy Perkins

Started by Flobbito, October 23, 2018, 09:39:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Flobbito

Per Twitter, LAN defeats GP boys 56-46.  :o

Coach unrated

Unbelievable. 131 defense for three games now coach has been out coached all three games   I feel horrible for the Sr this year they deserve better for Sr year.  The ole baseball coach needs help with basketball coaching . Pitiful coaching hire.

BannerMountainMan

Quote from: Coach unrated on October 24, 2018, 07:23:36 am
Unbelievable. 131 defense for three games now coach has been out coached all three games   I feel horrible for the Sr this year they deserve better for Sr year.  The ole baseball coach needs help with basketball coaching . Pitiful coaching hire.
this is what happens when you play with Guy Perkins players

Flobbito

NWA Hawg

thebigman3

Guy is having some bumps, but I give no credit to LAN. Guy played terrible, and slowed the ball down, and couldn't get into the game. Guy looked dead, and no momentum was given to either team. Guy HAS to do better, especially with WV coming friday. But as seen before in recent years, Guy has lost to worse teams at the beginning of the year, and still made a run or won State. October is not when trophies are handed out. 

NWA Hawg

Quote from: thebigman3 on October 24, 2018, 08:51:26 am
Guy is having some bumps, but I give no credit to LAN. Guy played terrible, and slowed the ball down, and couldn't get into the game. Guy looked dead, and no momentum was given to either team. Guy HAS to do better, especially with WV coming friday. But as seen before in recent years, Guy has lost to worse teams at the beginning of the year, and still made a run or won State. October is not when trophies are handed out.

True but this is not your old Guy.

thebigman3

Quote from: fann07 on October 24, 2018, 08:52:24 am
True but this is not your old Guy.
True, but you can see their potential. New coach, new team. When they get ahold of things (and I know I am biased) this team will be good. 3 of their starters have never, or barely, played in a Senior High Basketball game, and they're not doing that bad. But they will need to figure something out sooner rather than later. Also, in the same sentence I have heard comments so many times like this before when guy will lose a game they were not supposed to and still wind up being pretty dang good.

Flobbito

Quote from: thebigman3 on October 24, 2018, 08:58:08 am
True, but you can see their potential. New coach, new team. When they get ahold of things (and I know I am biased) this team will be good. 3 of their starters have never, or barely, played in a Senior High Basketball game, and they're not doing that bad. But they will need to figure something out sooner rather than later. Also, in the same sentence I have heard comments so many times like this before when guy will lose a game they were not supposed to and still wind up being pretty dang good.

I know that Teas coached some pretty good Jr. high teams, so I expect them to figure things out, but this was surprising.

thebigman3

Quote from: Flobbito on October 24, 2018, 09:14:19 am
I know that Teas coached some pretty good Jr. high teams, so I expect them to figure things out, but this was surprising.
I have full faith in Coach Teas to put them together, but yeah it was surprising. Last night, Guy beat themselves.

SackAttack

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on October 24, 2018, 08:42:39 am
Showing Banner the love he's always needed! This is post of the year so far minus Backboards last few posts of course

SackAttack

Quote from: thebigman3 on October 24, 2018, 09:23:14 am
I have full faith in Coach Teas to put them together, but yeah it was surprising. Last night, Guy beat themselves.
Yeah but they should have worked harder to keep that Coach Damon guy they let get away

Flobbito

Quote from: SackAttack on October 24, 2018, 12:42:00 pm
Yeah but they should have worked harder to keep that Coach Damon guy they let get away

There it is, let's see who bites.

FoxandHound34

HorseFeathers

Quote from: Flobbito on October 24, 2018, 01:04:44 pm
There it is, let's see who bites.

Trolling generally works better when someone else isn't pointing at the bait...

Flobbito

Quote from: HorseFeathers on October 25, 2018, 05:50:09 am
Trolling generally works better when someone else isn't pointing at the bait...

True, but newbies do what newbies do, if there is one lurking, they'll bite. 

Flobbito

On a serious note, do y'all think the superintendent story has had anything to do with how they are playing?  It has to be a distraction right?

SackAttack

Quote from: Flobbito on October 25, 2018, 08:31:29 am
On a serious note, do y'all think the superintendent story has had anything to do with how they are playing?  It has to be a distraction right?
Serious note?? You think those kids care about that?? I've talked to the supt in the concession stand several times! Seemed like a stand up guy and there ain't many over there!! Reference the unfounded made up allegations! Hope he lawyers up and teaches a few lessons!! But kids don't care about any of that stuff

Flobbito

Had to be a distraction on some level since the kids made the allegations and had to be interviewed by the sheriffs department. He was cleared QUICKLY, so he probably could proceed with a slander lawsuit. He did note in an interview that he didn't hold the kids responsible, but parents were responsible for their kids' actions. Seems to be some bad blood there. Tough and uneccessary situation for these kids IMO.

BallHawk225

I still think that guy Perkins will get their act together great program its very early in the season.

riccoar

Quote from: BannerMountainMan on October 24, 2018, 08:42:39 am
Looks like Guy is faced with the same solution as Chad Morris on how to get out of the hole:  Recruit, recruit, recruit!

Somebody better get the auction house on the Hot Line.

BallHawk225

It is is very early in the season. Guy will be fine. They will end up getting the groove.

thebigman3

Quote from: BallHawk225 on October 28, 2018, 11:30:05 pm
It is is very early in the season. Guy will be fine. They will end up getting the groove.
Agree

Flobbito

Quote from: BallHawk225 on October 28, 2018, 11:30:05 pm

A shot of Abundant Life this week will help GP.  MVE is starting off slow too, will probably be 1-3 after tomorrow, but I think they will still make regionals.  Right now Wonderview is looking like the team to beat in conference.

thebigman3

Quote from: Flobbito on October 29, 2018, 10:37:39 am
A shot of Abundant Life this week will help GP.  MVE is starting off slow too, will probably be 1-3 after tomorrow, but I think they will still make regionals.  Right now Wonderview is looking like the team to beat in conference.
And Guy should have beat WV. Guy has a major weakness right now in rebounding. when you allow a team to have 25 offensive rebounds to your 23 total, and still stayed within the game the entire time, is not bad at all. They just have to be stronger on the boards.

Motownsportsfan

Quote from: thebigman3 on October 29, 2018, 10:51:28 am
And Guy should have beat WV. Guy has a major weakness right now in rebounding. when you allow a team to have 25 offensive rebounds to your 23 total, and still stayed within the game the entire time, is not bad at all. They just have to be stronger on the boards.
Guy ain't beating Wonderview. Shoulda Woulda Coulda ain't happening

thebigman3

Quote from: Motownsportsfan on October 29, 2018, 08:29:18 pm
Guy ain't beating Wonderview. Shoulda Woulda Coulda ain't happening
Shot better, had more steals, made more 3s, made more free throws.... they only beat guy in the rebounding category, and on the scoreboard which is what matters but I mean. Yeah if they would have not let rebounding get out of hand they beat WV hands down.

HorseFeathers

thebigman3

FastPaced

Guy's former coach spent more time bringing in players from other places through the years to compete for championships instead of coaching the players that were actually from Guy. Now that is over and the kids that were left sitting on the bench are the ones leading the team its very sad but true. They were never developed and Coach Teas has a long road ahead of him. Hopefully he can turn the program around! :)

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas