• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Coaches of elementary programs

Started by zebra73, February 02, 2017, 10:03:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

zebra73

Is it,that anyone can be chosen to coach?

1/2 Court press

I know at riverside it used to be a parent that volunteered.  Now i have heard that the athletic director chooses the person.  Not sure how true that is but it is what i heard.

zebra73

I know Bic and Bay have coaches off of their benches coach. Would not know how I would like if someone not affiliated with the program,to teach my children?

2aball

Most the time elementary teams aren't supported by the school, even when the team goes by the school name. If that's the case, usually anyone that is willing to coach the team can coach it. It may be a whole different story if the school funds the elementary program though. I'm sure they would be more selective of who they let coach then.

1/2 Court press

Quote from: zebra73 on February 03, 2017, 09:39:44 am
I know Bic and Bay have coaches off of their benches coach. Would not know how I would like if someone not affiliated with the program,to teach my children?

It depends on who the person is and what their agenda is.  if it is a person that is there to promote their kid or friends kid and not the team then no it wouldnt be good. 

MomaLion

bluegrassboy75

I volunteered at Western Grove for 3 seasons.  It was before I was married, so I didn't have any kids in the program.  I enjoyed it.  I know they still use volunteers. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas