• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Jacksonville Baseball Team

Started by ShakBakyBake, October 06, 2005, 02:48:33 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Whos your pick to win the 6A East?

West Memphis
0 (0%)
Forrest City
0 (0%)
Marion
0 (0%)
Searcy
0 (0%)
Jonesboro
0 (0%)
Sylvan Hills
0 (0%)
Mountain Home
0 (0%)
Who Cares
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: February 09, 2006, 02:31:15 pm

powerlifter90

Heard that the Jax legion team is looking REAL good for this summer, but they are still debating between AA and AAA.  Key transfers from Des Arc and Lonoke "should" take starting positions and strengthen the team is areas that had some questions.   With some strong pitching that is already playing for Jax High it looks like the legion team could enjoy more success than the high school has been.

GoldenLion30

Quote from: blue4hire on April 30, 2008, 11:34:26 pm<br />Any idea how many kids at JHS and NP?  SH has about 920 in grades 9-12.<br />
Probablly around 1200+ kids combined for NP and JAX

HSUball2

Heck yea, I didnt see anyone from lonoke out there, but the guy from Des Arc is pretty legit. Im excited about the season

powerlifter90

Quote from: GoldenLion30 on May 04, 2008, 09:16:42 am
Quote from: blue4hire on April 30, 2008, 11:34:26 pm<br />Any idea how many kids at JHS and NP?  SH has about 920 in grades 9-12.<br />
Probablly around 1200+ kids combined for NP and JAX

closer to 1500, Jax is in the middle 800's while NP is around the upper 600's

blue4hire

Jville has to have more than SH.  SH is dropping to 5A next year based on enrollment.

powerlifter90

Quote from: blue4hire on May 04, 2008, 10:25:53 pm
Jville has to have more than SH.  SH is dropping to 5A next year based on enrollment.

I'll be able to get exact figures tomorrow, but Jax is in the middle to upper 800's

WBF †

Quote from: HSUball2 on May 04, 2008, 12:04:14 pm
Heck yea, I didnt see anyone from lonoke out there, but the guy from Des Arc is pretty legit. Im excited about the season
The new black guy, Charlie/Charles. The one who was in OF with us.

Coach Hick told me that Baxendale was supposed to play with Gwatney this summer. He said he just signed his release form and let him go 'cause he didn't want to play with us or for Coach really. Said he had a better chance at SH. I'm glad he's gone then. If that doesn't fire you up, what does?

HSUball2

it makes sense though......I mean that is his team, he cant help it where he lives. u know? I dont take it as an insult, we just have to respect his decision. I mean it is the right thing to do.

Number2-NLR

Jacksonville swept West Memphis. 11-8, 11-2 (or close to that).

Jacksonville is now a 4 seed

XFalkonz

Congrats to my boys from J-ville. I knew you could have a good season!

WBF †

Quote from: Number2-NLR on May 05, 2008, 10:12:02 pm
Jacksonville swept West Memphis. 11-8, 11-2 (or close to that).

Jacksonville is now a 4 seed
I'm pretty sure you copy and paste my post. Kudos son.

GoldenLion30

WBF †

powerlifter90

Quote from: WBF † on May 07, 2008, 12:47:05 pm
They play at 4 FRI.

the paper says 3:00

is this just more of the quality journalism that we get from the NP Leader?

keepyourfocus

Quote from: BUGEATERS on May 07, 2008, 12:51:45 pm
Quote from: WBF † on May 07, 2008, 12:47:05 pm
They play at 4 FRI.

the paper says 3:00

is this just more of the quality journalism that we get from the NP Leader?

the game was changed to 3:00 due to Sheridan's graduation cermonies Friday night. 

bbpanther08

bbpanther08

never mind. im an idiot. sheridan obviously!!! haha

powerlifter90

Quote from: bbpanther08 on May 07, 2008, 10:31:36 pm

that is the Cabot education you are getting...........  ;)

WBF †

Quote from: bbpanther08 on May 07, 2008, 10:31:36 pm
Don't ever talk about Jacksonville again, lol.

bbpanther08

thanks a lot guys... :(   haha!!!

powerlifter90

Quote from: bbpanther08 on May 08, 2008, 07:46:18 pm
thanks a lot guys... :(   haha!!!

oh........... you know we love ya..........

HSUball2

WBF told me Jacksonville won 4-3 over Sheridan. Tomboli started, but Harmon got the win. Harmon also hit a clutch 2 out, 2 rbi double he said. Congrats on the win guys. They play WC tomorrow at 12

WBF †

Quote from: HSUball2 on May 09, 2008, 07:32:37 pm
WBF told me Jacksonville won 4-3 over Sheridan. Tomboli started, but Harmon got the win. Harmon also hit a clutch 2 out, 2 rbi double he said. Congrats on the win guys. They play WC tomorrow at 12
Correctomundo.

powerlifter90

Jax only starts 3 Sr's, RF, CF and 1B. 

Maybe now that the kids in Jax know what a "team" is good things will be coming for years.  Even with this young bunch they are better at just about every position than they have been the last two seasons, when they finished 7 and 8 in conf.  Congrats to the Jax kids way to play "team ball" and pick each other up instead of talking crap about teammates like what had become the "norm". 

HSUball2

Quote from: BUGEATERS on May 09, 2008, 09:31:00 pm
Jax only starts 3 Sr's, RF, CF and 1B. 

Maybe now that the kids in Jax know what a "team" is good things will be coming for years.  Even with this young bunch they are better at just about every position than they have been the last two seasons, when they finished 7 and 8 in conf.  Congrats to the Jax kids way to play "team ball" and pick each other up instead of talking crap about teammates like what had become the "norm". 

^^^^True That^^^^

powerlifter90

May 10, 2008, 03:35:49 pm #1475 Last Edit: May 10, 2008, 10:40:15 pm by BUGEATERS
from the Dad of a former Devil and current Lion.  I would like to say congratulations to the players on the current Jax squad. Not only did they make the tournement as the 4th seed they gave the #1 seed ALL they could handle.  GREAT JOB guys........

to all the underclassmen:  Next year, starts tomorrow, go get em..........

WBF †

Like I texted them today, "You've set the bar for those who follow, keep your head up."

'Nuf said.

HSUball2

That just goes to show how much little league ball and up has influence on the kids future in ball. Castleberry and all the young ones who were lighting it up this season played UAAA ball. Thats just my opinion though. Congratulations to the 08 Red Devil Baseball TEAM for doing something us underachievers couldnt.

powerlifter90

Quote from: HSUball2 on May 10, 2008, 11:34:05 pm
That just goes to show how much little league ball and up has influence on the kids future in ball. Castleberry and all the young ones who were lighting it up this season played UAAA ball. Thats just my opinion though. Congratulations to the 08 Red Devil Baseball TEAM for doing something us underachievers couldnt.

I have to agree with you on that one.  The shortage of "quality" coaches in LL programs is a direct reflection of what happens at the upper levels when kids get there.........

WBF †

Quote from: BUGEATERS on May 11, 2008, 06:24:22 am

I have to agree with you on that one.  The shortage of "quality" coaches in LL programs is a direct reflection of what happens at the upper levels when kids get there.........
That's why me, you, and blakey-poo need to coach Noad and Nick all the way up.

powerlifter90

Quote from: WBF † on May 13, 2008, 12:13:05 pm
Quote from: BUGEATERS on May 11, 2008, 06:24:22 am

That's why me, you, and blakey-poo need to coach Noad and Nick all the way up.

that's true.  if one kid, picks up one little piece of advice that helps him get to another level in his game, then it is all worth it........

too many daddies that want little johnny to be a "little league all-star" are coaching at that level and aren't teaching the kids crap except for how their kid isn't really all that good anyway.

HSUball2

true, but in other news.......this summer, WOW. You should come out to a few games and see for yourself

powerlifter90

Quote from: HSUball2 on May 13, 2008, 11:31:25 pm
true, but in other news.......this summer, WOW. You should come out to a few games and see for yourself

plan on it.  every night after we workout........

HSUball2

whos we? and where do u work at?

powerlifter90

Quote from: HSUball2 on May 14, 2008, 08:14:09 pm
whos we? and where do u work at?

Blake and I will be at the gym.  After the gym it's time to throw and hit, if we have time we are going to attend some legion games this summer.   

HSUball2

oh ok. I was jw. What position they gonna have him at next year? My bad I meant, where do u work out at?

powerlifter90

Quote from: HSUball2 on May 14, 2008, 08:54:39 pm
oh ok. I was jw. What position they gonna have him at next year? My bad I meant, where do u work out at?

on base

outfield but said pitching is still possible, depends on how the new recruits pan out.  like I told him NEVER limit your options. 

did you hear OBU's coach is going to UALR?

HSUball2

yea for sure......no I didn't hear about that, inform me.

powerlifter90

OBU's head coach is leaving and taking the vacant UALR job......

HSUball2

Sweet....I heard he was a dick

XFalkonz

He may be a dick but he took a team that couldnt beat a team full of sick cats and made them into a winner.

Baitshop

"dick" is an understatement.......

HSUball2

tombolis BF

tomboli has pepperoni nipples and i herd he has a an ingrown toe nail!

Number2-NLR

good job to seth and terrell on the xtra inning classic selection

tombolis BF

jville should be in great shape for next years season. in 6a east there losing both sylvan hills and forest city.

bbpanther08

Quote from: "cash money" on May 17, 2008, 09:41:29 pm

ummm....

jaxdevil10

Quote from: "cash money" on May 17, 2008, 09:41:29 pm
i wonder how seth is gunna pitch with that ingrown toe nail...he might wana get that chekd out be 4 gwatney

tombolis BF

I herd ted spilt applesauce all over his baseball pants today...i hope the stain comes out b4 the first game.

HSUball2

haha. gerber. caleb looks like the catcher off major league....ricky. lol

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas