• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Warren vs Star City. Let’s get it started!

Started by AirWarren, September 21, 2018, 08:57:10 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AirWarren

Thoughts?

Homecoming. My 15 year reunion. Won't be able to make it though, we're going to Disney World!

Jack1990

bigchief72455

AirWarren

Quote from: Jack1990 on September 21, 2018, 09:18:01 pm
Slacker. Gotta set your priorities! Lol

Lol. Agreed. Going to miss seeing my '03 folks.

But my daughter is BESIDE herself about it.

AirWarren

LJ06

Quote from: AirWarren on September 21, 2018, 08:57:10 pm
Thoughts?

Homecoming. My 15 year reunion. Won't be able to make it though, we're going to Disney World!

Wouldn't think twice about making that trip! Going next year myself and my 10 year old couldn't be any more excited.

Coltfan2005

They should place a ban on Warren topics until at least round three. Until then, it's tough to even predict if the other team will score.

Coltfan2005

Actually, we could just have one Warren topic each week...How many (if any at all) will warren allow their opponents to score.

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: AirWarren on September 21, 2018, 09:38:25 pm
Oh don't you worry. Haha.
you'll have to give me some tips on it we're going next year

AirWarren

LJ06

Quote from: Coltfan2005 on September 22, 2018, 05:56:05 pm
Actually, we could just have one Warren topic each week...How many (if any at all) will warren allow their opponents to score.

Just depends how early we put in the second string  ;D

KASH dba The Lumberjack

bulldoghistorian

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: AirWarren on September 21, 2018, 08:57:10 pm
Thoughts?

Well now there will be two Dopeys in Orlando.  Just kidding.  Have fun.

bulldoghistorian

AirWarren

Dogpound2010

Romeo

Warren/Star City series record since 1950 is 36-15. Warren leads the series.

LJ06

Ghs21

bulldoghistorian

Quote from: LJ06 on September 23, 2018, 08:18:00 pm
Yeah Warren a lot, Star City very little.
Hate to say, but that sounds about right! We hardly pass the ball anyway, but if it were me, I'd keep the ball on the ground and try to keep it away from Warren's offense as much as possible!

LJ06

Quote from: bulldoghistorian on September 23, 2018, 09:03:37 pm
Hate to say, but that sounds about right! We hardly pass the ball anyway, but if it were me, I'd keep the ball on the ground and try to keep it away from Warren's offense as much as possible!

Warrens starting defense has not allowed a point since week 1. Up 9-0 in first on Stuttgart before game was cancelled, 43-0 against Dollarway, and 49-0 against Crossett before subs came in. That trend may very well continue this Friday night. With Star City being one dimensional, the 'Jacks defensive line and pin their ears back and stuff the run. Star City's defense will struggle with Warrens weapons all night. Plus being homecoming, the 'Jacks almost always show out.

Sports Guru

bulldoghistorian

AirWarren

September 24, 2018, 05:57:59 am #25 Last Edit: September 24, 2018, 06:04:13 am by AirWarren
Quote from: LJ06 on September 23, 2018, 09:12:15 pm
Warrens starting defense has not allowed a point since week 1. Up 9-0 in first on Stuttgart before game was cancelled, 43-0 against Dollarway, and 49-0 against Crossett before subs came in. That trend may very well continue this Friday night. With Star City being one dimensional, the 'Jacks defensive line and pin their ears back and stuff the run. Star City's defense will struggle with Warrens weapons all night. Plus being homecoming, the 'Jacks almost always show out.

We have a scary amount of depth. What's even more scary is #13 doesn't even have to touch the field at WR until the playoffs and stay on the defensive side of the ball game. He is that good of a LB.

While some may question that tactic, we know what he can do in the game at WR. He caught 3 passes for 64 yards including a 40 or 50 yard TD reception.

Romeo

Out of all the Warren Star City games, 2011 has to be my favorite. We really had no business winning that game. Star City dominated the line of scrimmage throughout the game but wasn't able to score the redzone. We probably had the youngest team in the state, full of freshmen who shouldn't even been playing, but was able to pull it off in overtime. 1999 was my least favorite.

AirWarren

Quote from: Romeo on September 25, 2018, 06:57:56 pm
Out of all the Warren Star City games, 2011 has to be my favorite. We really had no business winning that game. Star City dominated the line of scrimmage throughout the game but wasn't able to score the redzone. We probably had the youngest team in the state, full of freshmen who shouldn't even been playing, but was able to pull it off in overtime. 1999 was my least favorite.

That 2011 game was great. I think we played 9 freshmen that year.

bulldoghistorian

September 25, 2018, 09:46:22 pm #28 Last Edit: September 25, 2018, 09:49:19 pm by bulldoghistorian
Quote from: Romeo on September 25, 2018, 06:57:56 pm
We dominated in every phase of that game except on the scoreboard. By the way, that's the most recent OT game for the Bulldogs.
I loved the game the year before that, though. I think my favorite moment of that game was when we scored on a 20 yard run by our quarterback on the last play of the half on what was suppose to be a pass play! That gave us a 27-21 halftime lead, and we never looked back.

AirWarren

Quote from: bulldoghistorian on September 25, 2018, 09:46:22 pm
We dominated in every phase of that game except on the scoreboard. By the way, that's the most recent OT game for the Bulldogs.
I loved the game the year before that, though. I think my favorite moment of that game was when we scored on a 20 yard run by our quarterback on the last play of the half on what was suppose to be a pass play! That gave us a 27-21 halftime lead, and we never looked back.

08, 09, 10 were some low years in Warren.

ROULETTE

Quote from: bulldoghistorian on September 25, 2018, 09:46:22 pm

That was my favorite game too. It was more on the likes of around a 40 yard run. Hadn't lead all game then go up with no time left going into the break.  Good times!

Digger#23

Is this game really being played? Heard it was a forfeit.  Everybody knows Warren is in.

Dogpound2010

FF Secretary of Defense Flap_Jack48

Quote from: AirWarren on September 21, 2018, 09:38:06 pm
Lol. Agreed. Going to miss seeing my '03 folks.

But my daughter is BESIDE herself about it.

Gonna miss seeing you there AirWarren, but I'll finally be able to keep YOU updated with scores, instead of the other way around.  Happy to say I'll be back in Jim Hurley Jr. Stadium Friday night for what might sadly be my only Warren game that I'll get to attend in person this year.  Living in Baton Rouge just kinda takes away the opportunities to catch Lumberjack games in person (so thankful for Lumberjack Live and SRC).

Can't wait to see some fellow classmates and their families and take in a great night of football!  Weather is looking perfect with temps falling off into the 60s by the end of the game, no rain (thank you Lord!), it's Homecoming, there are multiple classes coming back for reunions ('88, '98, '08 and of course, '03) and it's the HOME opener!  HArd to believe we're into Week 5 and the Jacks are just now getting to play in the friendly confines of Jim Hurley Jr. stadium. 

Anxious to show my son what Lumberjack football is all about.  He's been to a game before but was only 8 months old that go around.  I think as a 2.5, almost 3 year old, he'll appreciate the atmosphere and the excitement a little bit more.  One things for sure, he already knows the most important phrase for the night "Go Jacks Go!"

Let's Go Jacks, Give 'Em the Axe!  Send those pups back to the pound!

-Kyle

RabAlumni

Quote from: AirWarren on September 25, 2018, 10:05:14 pm
08, 09, 10 were some low years in Warren.

Who else did y'all play in those years?   Hmmmm   ??? ??? ??? ???

;D ;D ;D

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: FF Secretary of Defense Flap_Jack48 on September 26, 2018, 10:13:58 am
Gonna miss seeing you there AirWarren, but I'll finally be able to keep YOU updated with scores, instead of the other way around.  Happy to say I'll be back in Jim Hurley Jr. Stadium Friday night for what might sadly be my only Warren game that I'll get to attend in person this year.  Living in Baton Rouge just kinda takes away the opportunities to catch Lumberjack games in person (so thankful for Lumberjack Live and SRC).

Can't wait to see some fellow classmates and their families and take in a great night of football!  Weather is looking perfect with temps falling off into the 60s by the end of the game, no rain (thank you Lord!), it's Homecoming, there are multiple classes coming back for reunions ('88, '98, '08 and of course, '03) and it's the HOME opener!  HArd to believe we're into Week 5 and the Jacks are just now getting to play in the friendly confines of Jim Hurley Jr. stadium. 

Anxious to show my son what Lumberjack football is all about.  He's been to a game before but was only 8 months old that go around.  I think as a 2.5, almost 3 year old, he'll appreciate the atmosphere and the excitement a little bit more.  One things for sure, he already knows the most important phrase for the night "Go Jacks Go!"

Let's Go Jacks, Give 'Em the Axe!  Send those pups back to the pound!

-Kyle
Be good to see you Kyle be careful coming down. Go Jack's

baseball13

KASH dba The Lumberjack

As a football fan, it's really sad that this game between these two teams has so little smack talk. Future vacations have had more interest in this thread than the game. This page used to be 2-3 pages by now. I miss the days when Blair Brown would call Randy Rainwater and give the Refs a team ball for the win...

KASH dba The Lumberjack

Superjack45

AirWarren

Quote from: KASH dba The Lumberjack on September 27, 2018, 06:40:56 pm
As a football fan, it's really sad that this game between these two teams has so little smack talk. Future vacations have had more interest in this thread than the game. This page used to be 2-3 pages by now. I miss the days when Blair Brown would call Randy Rainwater and give the Refs a team ball for the win...

I miss the days of cowboy, bullseye, CP.....GATA....oh and my favorite. Listening to the star city games at the beginning of the year and hearing their announcers talk about "we will be cooking up something special for Warren during their play by play, twerking for Mcflurries on top of the McDonald's while blasting sandstorm.....Mr B and his son advising me not to walk over any closer to the SC side on their field because knashing momma's were ready to rip me apart, red faced folks wearing trenchcoats and secret helicopters hovering above Oldman's house....

Man, star city and warren.....the good ole days.

AirWarren

Lumberjackfan1978

bulldoghistorian

ClutchFactor62

FF Secretary of Defense Flap_Jack48

Gameday y'all!  Let's get it Jacks!  So pumped that I'm actually in Warren to catch this one in person in the friendly confines of Jim Hurley Jr. Stadium!

Wishing both teams a fun, safe time tonight!  Geaux Jacks, Give 'Em the Axe!  Send these pups back to the pound!

-Kyle

LJ06

AirWarren

Quote from: FF Secretary of Defense Flap_Jack48 on September 28, 2018, 04:56:25 pm
Gameday y'all!  Let's get it Jacks!  So pumped that I'm actually in Warren to catch this one in person in the friendly confines of Jim Hurley Jr. Stadium!

Wishing both teams a fun, safe time tonight!  Geaux Jacks, Give 'Em the Axe!  Send these pups back to the pound!

-Kyle

Get those keys ready son. Like old times.

Lumberjackfan1978

STUNNA

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas