• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Watson Chapel @ Lakeside

Started by GuvHog, October 21, 2017, 01:54:12 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

GuvHog

This is a HUGE game with the winner locking up the 5A South's #1 seed in the playoffs. I'm a bit of a homer so I'll give WC a slight edge but I believe this will be a very close game that could very well come down to which team has the ball last. Your thoughts??

LS80

To close to call. I am glad it is at Lakeside.

AT

I wish I could see this one. Alma and Greenbrier will be playing a similar contest at the same time. Big games in the South and West. Especially since they will be paired up in the playoffs.

redsport27

Lakeside has gotten the better of WC the past few years. I think WC is hungry and determined to get the conference title. They will bring the fire to Lakeside and I know it will be a great contest. I see it being back and forth, but I think Chapel will pull out a win.

Overdahill

Quote from: redsport27 on October 22, 2017, 06:02:28 pm
Lakeside has gotten the better of WC the past few years. I think WC is hungry and determined to get the conference title. They will bring the fire to Lakeside and I know it will be a great contest. I see it being back and forth, but I think Chapel will pull out a win.

Wish I still lived near Lakeside (used to be able to hear the band and PA announcer from my  house). Would like to see this one

RamFan06

Everybody keep picking Chapel, these boys love playing as the underdog.

This will be a great game. I expect a back and forth high scoring night. This will come down to which defense can adjust and stop the rushing game of their opponent.

I am putting my money on Coach McBride, Coach Rock and the Lakeside Rams. Not going to predict a score but I will say, everyone who keeps saying the South is so far down this year needs to watch or listen to this game.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: RamFan06 on October 22, 2017, 07:20:47 pm
Everybody keep picking Chapel, these boys love playing as the underdog.

This will be a great game. I expect a back and forth high scoring night. This will come down to which defense can adjust and stop the rushing game of their opponent.

I am putting my money on Coach McBride, Coach Rock and the Lakeside Rams. Not going to predict a score but I will say, everyone who keeps saying the South is so far down this year needs to watch or listen to this game.
Dude, don't you know? The South has been down since 2012 ;).

Youngsta71701

I'll go with Chapel in a close one. I believe their team speed will be the difference.

Overdahill

Quote from: Almatrackster on October 21, 2017, 04:21:50 pm
I wish I could see this one. Alma and Greenbrier will be playing a similar contest at the same time. Big games in the South and West. Especially since they will be paired up in the playoffs.

Big game in the Central as well with McClellan coming to PA

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Overdahill on October 23, 2017, 10:33:52 am
Big game in the Central as well with McClellan coming to PA
Yep, was the PA/Parkview game really that close or did Parkview get a couple of garbage scores to make the game look that close?

PA Dad

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on October 23, 2017, 11:49:19 am
Yep, was the PA/Parkview game really that close or did Parkview get a couple of garbage scores to make the game look that close?

It was really that close.  Parkview is for real.

GuvHog

Quote from: redsport27 on October 22, 2017, 06:02:28 pm

Lakeside caught Watson Chapel at the right time last year. Chapel had locker room problems last year and it came to a head after they laid an egg at Magnolia resulting in an implosion. Some players were suspended and some were kicked off of the team.. To put it bluntly, the team was a mess when they played Lakeside. There are no locker room problems this year, the players and coaches are all on the same page. WC wants the outright 5A South title badly because this is their last year in that conference.

Underdog2017

I think this game is a toss up. If I had to choose, I would go with Lakeside only because of the home field advantage.

Iknewthemwhen

I'd go with Watson Chapel if they can get off to an early start, that should take away the home field advantage of Lakeside.  Like most games with two good teams, momentum and errors with likely determine the outcome.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: PA Dad on October 23, 2017, 12:16:26 pm
It was really that close.  Parkview is for real.
Bolding is a darn good coach. Thanks for the info.

Absolut

At this point Watson Chapel should be the favorite to win this game. I looked at Lakeside vs Malvern tape. Did anybody see what Malvern's QB did to Lakeside's defense? I think WC QB Devin Curry is licking his chops for this matchup.

RamFan06

Absolut, you realize that was week 3 right? This is week 9. This QB is not going to get the space that Jimerson did, besides the fact that this kid is not Jimerson. The team that wins this game will be the team that can be balanced. Both Lakeside and Chapel are predominately run first offenses and both defend the run well. Lets see who can throw the ball and make things happen.

redsport27

I will add more to my thoughts.

I believe it will be a close contest. Both teams will come out firing on all cylinders. I believe an appropriate word to describe this game is a "shootout." Back and forth for all of the game. It could come down to the last possession. Lakeside has the home turf this game but Chapel will come knowing what's at stake. Both teams can run and defend the run. Stamina will come into play this game. It will be a battle and whoever wins will surely deserve the #1 spot in conference. I'm conflicted by this matchup but I have Chapel as the slight favorite because I think their hunger has finally built up from the past years.

WC 55, Lakeside 49

Nonsense

Quote from: RamFan06 on October 23, 2017, 08:17:11 pm
Absolut, you realize that was week 3 right? This is week 9. This QB is not going to get the space that Jimerson did, besides the fact that this kid is not Jimerson. The team that wins this game will be the team that can be balanced. Both Lakeside and Chapel are predominately run first offenses and both defend the run well. Lets see who can throw the ball and make things happen.

Jimerson didn't get much space anyway, Lakeside just could not tackle him to save their lives.

#iknownothing

don't forget that the quarterback for chapel is just a sophomore! the last really big game he played in was in jr high. going on the road, for a conference title and not having to draw PA in round 2 is a crap ton of pressure to put on a 1st year starter. lakeside is big and physical. not sure WC can stop the two backs the rams will feed all night. cats haven't beat the rams in 3 years. the streak continues friday night in a cold possibly rainy game. rams by 14

razorcardsfan11

Will there be a way to watch or listen to this game online? I think it's gonna be a good one with chapel pulling out the win. Really hoping the rams win though

RamFan06

Downliad the 101.5 The Bull app or listen live at myhotsprings.com. The school also webcasts on you tube, lakesidetv.

Overdahill

GuvHog

Quote from: RamFan06 on October 23, 2017, 08:17:11 pm

How do you know that Curry is not just as good or better than Jimerson??

Absolut

I'm not sure if Curry is better than Jimerson or not, but I did see Jimerson shred Lakeside in week 3. I would say Curry has a quicker burst than Jimerson from what I saw on film. I know it was week 3, but I don't think Lakeside has gotten any faster on defense. WC has traditionally shredded Lakeside on offense. It's been WC defense that has caused them to fall at Lakeside, but WC is much better this season.

RamFan06

Quote from: GuvHog on October 24, 2017, 06:00:50 pm
How do you know that Curry is not just as good or better than Jimerson??

Jimerson is a freak and has been for a few years now. Speed, agility, vision and experience make him the player he is. Curry is good and I will admit, he may have a quicker burst that Jimerson, and he may end up being better, but he doesnt have the experience or the field vision yet, which will come with experience. He also cant throw the ball effectively which will hurt his ability to run. No passing threat and teams will sell out on the run and bottle him up, especially the faster defenses.

Again, not taking anything away from him, he is way ahead of most Sophomores, lets admit it, he is ahead of a lot of Seniors, but I still contend he is not as good as Jimerson yet.

RamFan06

Quote from: Absolut on October 24, 2017, 08:07:50 pm
I'm not sure if Curry is better than Jimerson or not, but I did see Jimerson shred Lakeside in week 3. I would say Curry has a quicker burst than Jimerson from what I saw on film. I know it was week 3, but I don't think Lakeside has gotten any faster on defense. WC has traditionally shredded Lakeside on offense. It's been WC defense that has caused them to fall at Lakeside, but WC is much better this season.

Malvern didnt shred the Lakeside defense because of speed, it was more about the defense just not playing their positions and not taking care of their responsibilities. This is a different defense in week 9. You will be surprised at how well they will contain the speed of the Watson Chapel run game. Curry and Allen will get in the end zone, and it will be a back and forth game, but The Rams will make enough stops to come away with the win.

GuvHog

Quote from: RamFan06 on October 24, 2017, 11:25:02 pm

Jimerson is a freak and has been for a few years now. Speed, agility, vision and experience make him the player he is. Curry is good and I will admit, he may have a quicker burst that Jimerson, and he may end up being better, but he doesnt have the experience or the field vision yet, which will come with experience. He also cant throw the ball effectively which will hurt his ability to run. No passing threat and teams will sell out on the run and bottle him up, especially the faster defenses.

Again, not taking anything away from him, he is way ahead of most Sophomores, lets admit it, he is ahead of a lot of Seniors, but I still contend he is not as good as Jimerson yet.

Curry is a good pocket passer but needs to work on his roll out passing a bit. The reason WC appears to be a run heavy team is because they really haven't needed to pass very much. Thus far, no one in conference has been able to slow down their running game.

RamFan06

Quote from: GuvHog on October 25, 2017, 02:11:32 pm
Curry is a good pocket passer but needs to work on his roll out passing a bit. The reason WC appears to be a run heavy team is because they really haven't needed to pass very much. Thus far, no one in conference has been able to slow down their running game.

Again, these teams are similar in so many ways, should be a great game.

Absolut

Yea Curry's passing game leaves a little but to be desired. He's only a soph though and has gotten better each week. I think the key to WC offense will be can Curry hit his WR's. WC WR's have traditionally been a big mismatch for the  Lakeside DB's and it shouldn't be any different this year. Defensively it will be interesting to see if WC's defensive line can bring it against Lakeside's O Line. The D Line has been a big strength all year for WC.

AT

So the WC QB right now isn't the one that took over last year correct? Is that player gone or just a new QB? That guy killed Alma last year with his shiftiness. I know last year was last year, but WC was a solid team with a playmaker at QB last year. How is this QB different? Same mold?

redsport27

October 25, 2017, 08:15:20 pm #31 Last Edit: October 25, 2017, 08:18:47 pm by redsport27
Quote from: Almatrackster on October 25, 2017, 07:21:56 pm
So the WC QB right now isn't the one that took over last year correct? Is that player gone or just a new QB? That guy killed Alma last year with his shiftiness. I know last year was last year, but WC was a solid team with a playmaker at QB last year. How is this QB different? Same mold?
No, Jaquan Dorsey graduated last year. He was skilled wherever he was played.

This QB I don't think is as tall as Dorsey. But it's kind of the same mold. Primarily running, and it works.

Overdahill

I feel like this one is so close it will come down to home field advantage. I'm thinking Lakeside by a field goal or extra point

GuvHog

Quote from: redsport27 on October 25, 2017, 08:15:20 pm
No, Jaquan Dorsey graduated last year. He was skilled wherever he was played.

This QB I don't think is as tall as Dorsey. But it's kind of the same mold. Primarily running, and it works.

Yep, Jaquan Dorsey started at WR for the first 8 games of the season last year then moved to QB against Lakeside after Jakobi Jackson was kicked off of the team.

GuvHog

2nd Quarter

Watson Chapel      7

Lakeside               0

GuvHog

2nd Quarter

Watson Chapel         13

Lakeside                    0

GuvHog

2nd Quarter

Watson Chapel      13

Lakeside                7

GuvHog

3rd Quarter

Watson Chapel       21

Lakeside                 7

Overdahill

WC's speed starting to show out

razorcardsfan11

Refs trying so hard to keep lakeside in this game

GuvHog

FINAL SCORE

Watson Chapel       21

Lakeside                  7

GuvHog

An impressive win for the Wildcats. If anyone would have tried to tell me that Watson Chapel's defense would hold Lakeside to 7 points, I would have thought they were nuts. Cats lock up the 5A South #1 seed and will play for the outright conference title next week at home against Camden Fairview.

redsport27

Congrats to the Cats. They put in work this season and the conference title belongs to them. Good luck against CF next Friday.

GuvHog

Quote from: redsport27 on October 27, 2017, 09:41:15 pm
Congrats to the Cats. They put in work this season and the conference title belongs to them. Good luck against CF next Friday.

Hats off to the Rams for a hard fought game. Good luck against the cross town rivals next week and in the playoffs.

zebrafan

WC sounds like they've figured some things out since week 3.

Absolut

Very proud of WC. They played a very good game with no turnovers. The defense really flexed on Lakeside. They only gave up one play over 20 yards if I remember correctly. Offense really ran the ball well.

RamFan06

October 27, 2017, 11:03:18 pm #46 Last Edit: October 27, 2017, 11:20:07 pm by RamFan06
The Chapel defense was stout tonight. They gave up 2 long runs by Swanson, 1 in each half. Swanson still ended up with 180+ yards but they could not punch it in once they got in the red zone in the 2nd half.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas