• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Pre-Week 9 Top Ten Voting Thread

Started by AT, October 20, 2017, 10:01:23 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AT

I'm going to put this up now that the important games are all in the books. I'll probably vote soon.

Overdahill

AT

1. Pulaski Academy
2. Little Rock Christian
3. Nettleton
4. Little Rock McClellan
5. Watson Chapel
6. Greenbrier
7. Batesville
8. Wynne
9. Valley View
10. Hot Springs Lakeside

I'm going to get a hard time from Alma fans for not putting them in the top ten after their big win, but I just believe these 10 teams deserve it more right now. I'm so proud of the Airedales though and they will have their chance next week to jump in.

AT

Also I will probably receive A LOT of flak for not putting Parkview in the top ten after playing PA as close in the regular season than they ever have been in the recent past and probably for good reason...but I want to see a big win for Parkview before I put them in. I will jump them up a lot if they beat McClellan.

InYoGrill

Quote from: Almatrackster on October 20, 2017, 10:15:46 pm
Also I will probably receive A LOT of flak for not putting Parkview in the top ten after playing PA as close in the regular season than they ever have been in the recent past and probably for good reason...but I want to see a big win for Parkview before I put them in. I will jump them up a lot if they beat McClellan.

Stubborn you are Trackster! LOL! I had PV first in the polls around week 3  I think...

AT

Quote from: InYoGrill on October 20, 2017, 10:51:05 pm
Stubborn you are Trackster! LOL! I had PV first in the polls around week 3  I think...

I've had them in after beating Beebe and I think they could be a top 5 team honestly. Could be is keyword, but I need to see them beating a team instead of just losing to a good team...that being said that's about as good of a moral victory you could have.

PA Dad

1.  PA
2.  LRCA
3.  Nettleton
4.  McClellan
5.  Batesville
6.  Wynne
7.  Watson Chapel
8.  Morrilton
9.  Alma
10. Valley View

DEVIL DOG HOG

October 21, 2017, 07:59:28 am #7 Last Edit: October 21, 2017, 09:55:44 am by DEVIL DOG HOG
   1. PA                    8-0  5-0
   2. Nettleton           8-0  5-0
   3. LR Christian       7-1  4-1
   4. Wynne              7-1  4-1
   5. LR McClellan      6-2  4-1
   6. Watson Chapel   6-2  5-0
   7. Valley View        6-2  4-1
   8. HS Lakeside       5-3  5-0
   9. Greenbrier         5-3   4-1
T10. Alma                5-3   4-1
T10. Batesville          5-3   4-1

Overdahill

1.  PA
2.  LRCA
3.  Nettleton
4.  McClellan
5.  Wynne
6.  Batesville
7.  WC
8.  Morrilton
9.  Alma
10. Lakeside

??? Truthfully, it's feeling like anybody's race at this point

GuvHog

October 21, 2017, 09:11:36 am #9 Last Edit: October 21, 2017, 10:18:29 am by GuvHog
Quote from: DEVIL DOG HOG on October 21, 2017, 07:59:28 am
   1. PA                    8-0  5-0
   2. Nettleton           8-0  5-0
   3. LR Christian       7-1  4-1
   4. Wynne              7-1  4-1
   5. LR McClellan      6-2  4-1
   6. Watson Chapel   6-2  4-1
   7. Valley View        6-2  4-1
   8. HS Lakeside       5-3  5-0
   9. Greenbrier         5-3   4-1
T10. Alma                5-3   4-1
T10. Batesville          5-3   4-1

Watson Chapel is 5-0 in conference play, not 4-1.

Their only 2 losses came in non-conference play to Pine Bluff and Warren.

DEVIL DOG HOG

RazorDad

1. PA
2. LRCA
3. McClellan
4. Nettleton
5. Valley View
6. Watson Chapel
7. Greenbrier
8. Harrison
9. Parkview
10. Alma

redsport27

PA
Nettleton
LRCA
Wynne
McClellan
Watson Chapel
Batesville
Valley View
Morrilton
Lakeside

I really don't have much to say this week. I just feel like PA is at #1 despite their unusual performance and Nettleton is doing great. Honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if we see a big change-up in the top 10 polls come week 10.

InYoGrill

October 21, 2017, 02:58:55 pm #13 Last Edit: October 21, 2017, 03:02:06 pm by InYoGrill
Grills power meter rank

1. PA- 80
2. LRCA- 70
3. McClellan-60
4. Nettleton- 50
5. Batesville- 50
6. Briar- 40
7. Motown- 40
8. Harrison- 40
9. Alma-40
10. LRPV/Chapel/Wynne/VV-35

slemmer1987

1 PA
2 LRC
3 McClellan
4  Tie.  Alma
4   Tie  Greenbrier
6. Watson Chapel
7. Batesville
8 Wynne
9 Morrilton
10. lakeside

I would not want face LRC or McClellan in the playoffs. Ouch for the east in the first round.

I think Greenbrier is overrated (but I have never been  fan of that 3 stoplight town)
Its time for Harrision Basketball.....lolTo me its the three LR teams and perhaps Wynne/Batesville  maybe 1 out of Crazy West.
You can never rule out Morrilton when you have a Criswell and this years theres 3 by name and probably 3 more kin.. Next year watch out for them the 9th grade class is really good. Players to be watching for any last name Criswell and Lamar Wofford both will be juniors both will be game changers

Raider2011

Quote from: slemmer1987 on October 21, 2017, 11:23:15 pm
1 PA
2 LRC
3 McClellan
4  Tie.  Alma
4   Tie  Greenbrier
6. Watson Chapel
7. Batesville
8 Wynne
9 Morrilton
10. lakeside

I would not want face LRC or McClellan in the playoffs. Ouch for the east in the first round.

I think Greenbrier is overrated (but I have never been  fan of that 3 stoplight town)
Its time for Harrision Basketball.....lolTo me its the three LR teams and perhaps Wynne/Batesville  maybe 1 out of Crazy West.
You can never rule out Morrilton when you have a Criswell and this years theres 3 by name and probably 3 more kin.. Next year watch out for them the 9th grade class is really good. Players to be watching for any last name Criswell and Lamar Wofford both will be juniors both will be game changers
no Nettleton in your top10 anywhere?

slemmer1987

really they could be in any of the 6-10 positions, In fact, it would be nice to see them draw Blue I mean Greenbrier in the playoffs.
Unless they draw the 1 seed they are going to face LRC or McClellan and sorry to say that's going to be a steep steep hill to climb.The Victory Batesville looks like a good win but other than that I don't see much. I could be way off.  I would imagine that when this poll is released Nettleton will be in and Morrilton will be out.
You could say the same thing about Morrilton. I give Morrilton an edge between the two. Wins over Maumelle, Alma and last years 6A Champ Russellville.
But we did lose to the Punching Judy's from Blue I mean Greenbrier. 

MrShakezzzz2014

Quote from: slemmer1987 on October 22, 2017, 04:09:58 am
really they could be in any of the 6-10 positions, In fact, it would be nice to see them draw Blue I mean Greenbrier in the playoffs.
Unless they draw the 1 seed they are going to face LRC or McClellan and sorry to say that's going to be a steep steep hill to climb.The Victory Batesville looks like a good win but other than that I don't see much. I could be way off.  I would imagine that when this poll is released Nettleton will be in and Morrilton will be out.
You could say the same thing about Morrilton. I give Morrilton an edge between the two. Wins over Maumelle, Alma and last years 6A Champ Russellville.
But we did lose to the Punching Judy's from Blue I mean Greenbrier.

So you don't think that this 8-0 Nettleton team is better than anyone in your top 10?

slemmer1987

Did you read the first sentence. "really they could be in any of the 6-10 positions" Wow...
Have a wonderful day there  MrShakezzzz2014

MrShakezzzz2014

Yes, I read your post. But given the fact that you left them out, I can assume that you don't feel that they are better than any of those teams placed above them. You placed Batesville at #7 and Nettleton beat them by 27 points. That would at least make them 1 spot above batesville in your poll, correct? I just wanted a little perspective, thats all.

slemmer1987

Well I just seen the 5 A poll and they have Nettleton at 2nd.
That just a shows you what I know (not much)
I don't have a problem with nettleton winning the 5a as long as they don't go against my Devil Dogs and as long as the mercy rule blue I mean Greenbrier if the meet them in the playoff. Hats off to nettleton it might be their year.
They face a great High School Golf school this week.
Valley view has some really good high school golfers.
Go Devil Dogs Go!
The lord be you my friend

MDXPHD

Quote from: MrShakezzzz2014 on October 22, 2017, 06:05:43 am
Yes, I read your post. But given the fact that you left them out, I can assume that you don't feel that they are better than any of those teams placed above them. You placed Batesville at #7 and Nettleton beat them by 27 points. That would at least make them 1 spot above batesville in your poll, correct? I just wanted a little perspective, thats all.

Head to Head matchups early in the season don't really reflect where teams are currently. I would bet Batesville could beat Nettleton if the played again today.

MrShakezzzz2014

1. PA  - They got the scare of a lifetime against Parkview. If they go out & play like that against LRMC, they WILL get beat.
2. Nettleton  - Say what you want about the raiders, but they keep winning in dominant fashion. They deserve this spot.
3. LR Christian  - Big win against McClellan. I think Nettleton has a better defense than LRCA which is why I put them here.
4. Batesville  - I feel bad for any team who has the Pioneers on their schedule. They're not who we thought they were!
5. Wynne  - Same spot that I had them at last week. Week 10 will answer all of the questions I have about the Jackets.
6. LR McClellan  - I find myself questioning if they're as legit as I thought before. You have to beat at least 1 of the good teams
7. Valley View  - With Nettleton and Batesville left on the schedule, we're about to see what the Blazers are made of.
8. Morrilton  - I agree with what PA Dad said last week. The Devil Dogs look like the best team in the West.
9. Watson Chapel  - Their game against Lakeside will be a fun one to watch. #1 seed likely on the line
10. Alma  - I'm interested to see how the west plays out when the smoke clears. But for now it looks like the Airedales are #1

MrShakezzzz2014

Quote from: MDXPHD on October 22, 2017, 07:26:59 am
Head to Head matchups early in the season don't really reflect where teams are currently. I would bet Batesville could beat Nettleton if the played again today.

Just as Batesville has gotten better, the same can be said for Nettleton. I don't think the margin of victory would be 27 points but I do think Nettleton would beat them again. Maybe they will get the chance to play again this season

MDXPHD

Quote from: MrShakezzzz2014 on October 22, 2017, 07:44:57 am
Just as Batesville has gotten better, the same can be said for Nettleton. I don't think the margin of victory would be 27 points but I do think Nettleton would beat them again. Maybe they will get the chance to play again this season

I'm sure Nettleton has gotten better. I just don't think you can put much into a game so early in the season, especially for Batesville. Everyone knows when they peak each season. Hopefully they can close out the regular season with victories. Will be interesting to see how the east plays out

Intelligentsia

Quote from: MrShakezzzz2014 on October 22, 2017, 07:44:57 am

I hope the Pioneers and Raiders get to play again, but that would most likely have to be at WMS.  I've attended or watched on the Cube, almost every single Pioneer football game for 17 years.  I've also spent time around their coaches and had a son who played a critical role on teams that played in two years,at WMS.  That said, I have witnessed, that the Pioneers consistently achieve a steeper (more pronounced) rate of improvement throughout the year than do most teams.  I attribute that to the team not participating in 7 on 7 during the summer and partially a strategy of Coach King to wrachet up the pressure and enthusiasm of the team in order to peak later in the season.  This is strictly my observation and estimation of things.  ALL that said to say that Nettleton did not see the current Pioneer squad.  Could Nettleton prevail should they meet Again? Perhaps,  but I'd place my money on the Pioneers.

AT

Lumberjackfan1978

1 PA
2 LRCA
3 Nettleton
4 LR McM
5 Watson Chaple
6 Batesville
7 Wynne
8 Morrilton
9 Valley View
10 Alma

Youngsta71701

1. Pulaski Academy
2. Nettleton
3. Wynne
4. Little Rock Christian
5. Watson Chapel
6. Little Rock McClellan
7. Valley View
8. Hot Springs Lakeside
9. Batesville
10. Alma

Devil Dog 17

Wow, I think a lot of these pollsters are sleeping on a very good 4-1 Greenbrier team. A team that seems to be getting better each week. A team that beat Harrison and Morrilton on the road. I certainly thing they are good enough to be in the top 10, and I think they will make some noise in the playoffs.
1. PA
2. LRC
3. Wynne
4. Nettleton
5. Greenbrier
6. Morrilton
7. Batesville
8. McClellan
9. Watson Chapel
10. Valley View

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Devil Dog 17 on October 23, 2017, 09:34:49 am
Wow, I think a lot of these pollsters are sleeping on a very good 4-1 Greenbrier team. A team that seems to be getting better each week. A team that beat Harrison and Morrilton on the road. I certainly thing they are good enough to be in the top 10, and I think they will make some noise in the playoffs.
1. PA
2. LRC
3. Wynne
4. Nettleton
5. Greenbrier
6. Morrilton
7. Batesville
8. McClellan
9. Watson Chapel
10. Valley View
I got Greenbrier at #11. Still need to see a little bit more.

GuvHog

1. Pulaski Academy
2. Wynne
3. LRCA
4. McClellan
5. Watson Chapel
6. Nettleton
7. Batesville
8. Valley View
9. Morrilton
10. Lakeside

AT

Agreed on the Greenbrier front. Seems odd to leave them out completely. They've played the best ball in the 5A West since their Week 1 loss where the QB situation was still a mix up.

I'm guessing some people are looking at past playoff history, or maybe they are just looking at the loss to Beebe still.

Deuceswild

1.  PA
2.  LRCA
3.  Nettleton
4.  McClellan
5.  Greenbrier
6.  Wynne
7.  Watson Chapel
8.  Batesville
9.  Alma
10. Valley View

proud_dad

1. Pulaski Academy
2. Wynne
3. Nettleton
4. Little Rock Christian
5. Little Rock McClellan
6. Watson Chapel
7. Valley View
8. Batesville
9. Little Rock Parkview
10. Alma
Barely made it...

AT

Closed. I'll probably not be able to get this up tonight. A bit busy tonight. I guess if you put your vote in over night I would count it tomorrow.

PA Dad

Quote from: Almatrackster on October 23, 2017, 04:06:10 pm
Agreed on the Greenbrier front. Seems odd to leave them out completely. They've played the best ball in the 5A West since their Week 1 loss where the QB situation was still a mix up.

I'm guessing some people are looking at past playoff history, or maybe they are just looking at the loss to Beebe still.

I think there are several teams that could be in the 8-10 positions.  I omitted Greenbrier and Parkview and I think both of them could be there.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: PA Dad on October 24, 2017, 08:51:01 pm
I think there are several teams that could be in the 8-10 positions.  I omitted Greenbrier and Parkview and I think both of them could be there.
Agreed. Those slots are toss ups.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas