• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Benton-Bryant

Started by IAFLAR7, August 24, 2018, 09:21:10 am

Previous topic - Next topic

IAFLAR7

Hard to believe there is not a topic on this.

On paper, should be close. Bryant is loaded and so is Benton.

It's a rivalry so anything can happen but I'm saying Bryant by 2-3 TD's.

I just think all things being equal they are better on D and they play with fire in their eyes. You have to wonder about a team as loaded as benton is going over to Little Rock Christian and getting pushed around like they did. I don't put a ton of stock in scrimmages but this one was a red flag.

Overdahill

Bryant's got their number. I agree with your 2-3TD prediction

Walter

I know kids on both sides but my heart is always with Bryant. Bryant by 21.

Lanny

AirWarren

Buck's breakout year. Calling it.

STBruin

Quote from: AirWarren on August 24, 2018, 09:40:29 pm
Buck's breakout year. Calling it.

I am on the fence with Bryant...we will learn more in the next 2 weeks...

N2DEEP

Will this game be live streamed or tv broadcasted?

bulldoghistorian

No tv, but you can listen on the buzz.

riccoar

This thing gonna turn into a shootout?

Oldbadger

21 to 14 at half Bryant. Neither team dominating. Both making great plays to score and sustain drives. Great high school game in front of (my guess) 38000 people.

bigworm

Is this game being love streamed? If so, post me a link please

bigworm

Sorry, just saw wherr it isnt

Oldbadger

Official attendance 38215.

sportsguy80

bigworm

Whats goin on up there?

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: bigworm on August 25, 2018, 08:20:28 pm
Is this game being love streamed? If so, post me a link please

Love streamed asks big worm ?  This isn't that kind of website😜

bigworm

August 25, 2018, 09:14:26 pm #16 Last Edit: August 25, 2018, 09:18:58 pm by bigworm
Dangit. Hope they catch the idiots.

big lefty

Lanny

Bryant police state there was a fight in stadium and someone yelled gun.  Thankfully this was resolved quickly

AirWarren

Quote from: Lanny on August 25, 2018, 09:15:25 pm
Bryant police state there was a fight in stadium and someone yelled gun.  Thankfully this was resolved quickly

Dear Lord.

Digger#23

My son is at the game. Says 3 shots were fired. Another source, wife's friend says the same.

Lanny

Little Rock Police

There was no gun at stadium, there was a fight that broke out and someone yelled gun. No shots or gun were at the game.

Digger#23

That's what is being broadcast but that isn't the I do I'm getting.  Hopefully, my folks are mistaken. 

Lanny

Some fans were injured running out on the field, medics are on the field helping the injury

football nut

bigworm

Both my boys were at the game as well. They say they heard shots. I hope they are mistaken.

sportsguy80

That leaves a lot of questions marks going forward. You think they will finish it at another time? Anyone know what are the rules for cancelled nonconference games?

AirWarren

What side did this occur? As a Saline county resident, this is disgusting.

Lanny

Quote from: sportsguy80 on August 25, 2018, 09:45:28 pm
That leaves a lot of questions marks going forward. You think they will finish it at another time? Anyone know what are the rules for cancelled nonconference games?
My understanding Bryant wins

OrangeCrush.

Quote from: AirWarren on August 25, 2018, 09:46:00 pm
What side did this occur? As a Saline county resident, this is disgusting.
From the videos I've seen it looked like everyone was running away from the northwest corner.

sportsguy80

Man this is terrible way to end a good week of football. I hope those who were injured are going to be ok.

friscokid

Salt Bowl got to halftime so game is official, right?

Lanny

Quote from: friscokid on August 25, 2018, 09:54:19 pm
Salt Bowl got to halftime so game is official, right?
Bryant wins 28 14

AirWarren

Lanny

That's to bad, 38,000 attended a great rivalry game and ruined by a few.

AirWarren

From non social media fake news reports, it was a group of unruly kids in the concourse.

A few moron kids, ruin it for everyone.

Oldbadger

Yeah was a great high school game with big plays and lots of excitement. Heard an arrest was made.

OlGuyWicker

Oldbadger

A kid was arrested. Not from Bryant or Benton.

Walter

I watched a young lady on the ramp below me get handcuffed and hauled away by 3 police.

AirWarren

Quote from: SardisHog on August 26, 2018, 02:12:14 pm
I watched a young lady on the ramp below me get handcuffed and hauled away by 3 police.

Good. And honestly. Hope she had to stay the night in jail.

I hope they put 50k in the stands next year. Ole AW might have to put on some panther maroon
And make an appearance.

Saline county, lets not let this tarnish the salt bowl image. Come back stronger and show the state that saline is still loud and proud.

Oldbadger

I ditto AirWarren's remarks!! Bigger and better!

IAFLAR7

For the little amount played, this was a hard hitting game. Both teams are big and athletic. Ultimately, Bryant was taking control of the game by making benton one dimensional. I think the biggest difference in these teams is at QB. Benton just doesn't have a strong armed QB that will allow them to stretch the field and fully utilize all of their skill position players.

Walter

Quote from: AirWarren on August 26, 2018, 03:12:14 pm
Good. And honestly. Hope she had to stay the night in jail.

I hope they put 50k in the stands next year. Ole AW might have to put on some panther maroon
And make an appearance.

Saline county, lets not let this tarnish the salt bowl image. Come back stronger and show the state that saline is still loud and proud.
I will be there but I do fear that others will stay away because of this incident.

riccoar

Quote from: SardisHog on August 26, 2018, 08:09:21 pm
I will be there but I do fear that others will stay away because of this incident.
They won't if the true story makes the rounds.  There was a tazer.  It just so happens it was a member of the WMS security team that was using it.

Mulerider4Life

Quote from: Digger#23 on August 25, 2018, 09:26:03 pm
My son is at the game. Says 3 shots were fired. Another source, wife's friend says the same.

Fake news. No shots were fired.

AirWarren

Quote from: Mulerider4Life on August 27, 2018, 07:48:31 am
Fake news. No shots were fired.

Correct. The LRPD has confirmed this. Yet local media continues to interview "terrified folks who were scared for their lives" because of the "gunshots."

I am very sure it was terrifying. And the reaction is appropriate for today's nutjobs of the world with their public antics, but dear Lord give it a rest KATV, KARK, FOX16, etc.

Mulerider4Life

Quote from: AirWarren on August 27, 2018, 07:52:32 am
Correct. The LRPD has confirmed this. Yet local media continues to interview "terrified folks who were scared for their lives" because of the "gunshots."

I am very sure it was terrifying. And the reaction is appropriate for today's nutjobs of the world with their public antics, but dear Lord give it a rest KATV, KARK, FOX16, etc.

AMEN!!!!! AMEN!!!! A TO THE MEN!

Oldbadger

All it took was someone yelling, "he's got a gun", to cause the sheer panic that ensued. That did happen. One individual posted later on social media that very statement.  You could clearly hear the statement. Not many even knew the reason for the panic. I remember thinking a helicopter or plane had crashed into the stadium, although I didn't hear it. Some were thinking it was an earthquake. The movement of so many people at one time caused a rumbling sound like an earthquake. Most were  just following what everyone else was doing out of caution, "what if it is a shooter?" most were thinking. Almost all activity was regarding the public thinking it is a shooter and I must protect myself and my family. If it had been a shooter, they were doing just as they were trained to do, take cover, hide, or run. I think you will see stronger and more intrusive checks next time you go to WM for an event such as this where a crowd is this large. It was such a great atmosphere and a great game. Sad it didn't get to be played out. Although Bryant was declared the winner, the victory was hollow. Bryant would have wanted to play the game as would Benton. But there was no way that could have happened Saturday night.

AirWarren

Quote from: Oldbadger on August 27, 2018, 08:10:27 am
All it took was someone yelling, "he's got a gun", to cause the sheer panic that ensued. That did happen. One individual posted later on social media that very statement.  You could clearly hear the statement. Not many even knew the reason for the panic. I remember thinking a helicopter or plane had crashed into the stadium, although I didn't hear it. Some were thinking it was an earthquake. The movement of so many people at one time caused a rumbling sound like an earthquake. Most were  just following what everyone else was doing out of caution, "what if it is a shooter?" most were thinking. Almost all activity was regarding the public thinking it is a shooter and I must protect myself and my family. If it had been a shooter, they were doing just as they were trained to do, take cover, hide, or run. I think you will see stronger and more intrusive checks next time you go to WM for an event such as this where a crowd is this large. It was such a great atmosphere and a great game. Sad it didn't get to be played out. Although Bryant was declared the winner, the victory was hollow. Bryant would have wanted to play the game as would Benton. But there was no way that could have happened Saturday night.

Agreed. Very heads up moves by the communities of Benton and Bryant.

My displeasure is now aimed at the media. It is time to let it go and MOVE ON. Take the dramatics elsewhere.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas