• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Beebe HC Open

Started by WTD, December 05, 2018, 10:13:09 am

Previous topic - Next topic

VHSCoach2

Quote from: Oldman on December 21, 2018, 01:27:38 pm
Are we in trouble?

Trouble? No. Bothered by something so trivial as names not being posted on a forum? Most certainly.

AirWarren

Quote from: VHSCoach2 on December 21, 2018, 02:00:03 pm
Trouble? No. Bothered by something so trivial as names not being posted on a forum? Most certainly.

Well, this forum was designed for Arkansas high school football news and gossip.

Personally have no interest in it. It will be released one day anyways.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: VHSCoach2 on December 21, 2018, 12:23:19 pm
Does it really bother you all that much that the names aren't being posted on this forum? My goodness. Listening to the radio station being presented here is no different than the stations that you listen to in your morning and evening commutes.

If you're really that interested, it makes very minimal effort to click a link and listen to the names.

No offense, but I seriously doubt, your morning show is as good as the Buzz morning show. which is what I listen too.

VHSCoach2

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on December 21, 2018, 02:24:46 pm
No offense, but I seriously doubt, your morning show is as good as the Buzz morning show. which is what I listen too.

Not my morning show. However, I have listened to it and can gather an opinion on it more than those who have not.

I have never listened to the Buzz morning show (in fact, barely even heard of it), so you'd be more apt at an opinion for that one.

MDXPHD

December 21, 2018, 04:37:59 pm #104 Last Edit: December 21, 2018, 04:41:23 pm by MDXPHD
Yes, it bothers me. Also pretty sure it goes against the message board rules. Shouldn't use this forum to get clicks and listens to a radio show. I've got nothing against the guy but cmon. After the show just post the names.

Hey guys! If you really want to know some good info, go to my website: insert link here.

AirWarren

Quote from: MDXPHD on December 21, 2018, 04:37:59 pm
Yes, it bothers me. Also pretty sure it goes against the message board rules. Shouldn't use this forum to get clicks and listens to a radio show. I've got nothing against the guy but cmon. After the show just post the names.

Hey guys! If you really want to know some good info, go to my website: insert link here.

It's click bait. Just like those recruiting clowns that try to get you to sign up for a monthly bill to read "inside" information.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: VHSCoach2 on December 21, 2018, 02:00:03 pm
Good I was scared AW was gonna get banned again.

beebefootballfan

Shane does a lot for Beebe Sports, and spends his own time and hard earned money broadcasting Beebe athletic events so no need to knock the guy.  I do wish he would make listening to the reports easier as I am not always listening when it broadcasts and would click a link for a pre-recorded report.

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: beebefootballfan on December 21, 2018, 10:16:24 pm
Shane does a lot for Beebe Sports, and spends his own time and hard earned money broadcasting Beebe athletic events so no need to knock the guy.  I do wish he would make listening to the reports easier as I am not always listening when it broadcasts and would click a link for a pre-recorded report.
Man I'm just having a little fun. I didn't even know Beebe had a football team. When was the last time they were any good?

AirWarren

Quote from: Oldman on December 21, 2018, 10:18:34 pm
Man I'm just having a little fun. I didn't even know Beebe had a football team. When was the last time they were any good?

We need to meander on back down to 4a. Little too stiff up this way.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: VHSCoach2 on December 21, 2018, 02:37:21 pm
Not my morning show. However, I have listened to it and can gather an opinion on it more than those who have not.

I have never listened to the Buzz morning show (in fact, barely even heard of it), so you'd be more apt at an opinion for that one.

do you live in Arkansas? must not if you have "never heard of the buzz morning show".

sevenof400

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on December 22, 2018, 10:00:47 am

do you live in Arkansas? must not if you have "never heard of the buzz morning show".
Given the many options for entertainment these days, why assume anyone keeps up with local programming anymore?

VHSCoach2

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on December 22, 2018, 10:00:47 am

I've lived in Arkansas for 20 of my 28 years.

I'm assuming the "Buzz Morning Show" is on 103.7? The only time my radio is on that station is when I have to listen to the Razorback games when I'm not home to watch them.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: VHSCoach2 on December 22, 2018, 10:51:27 am
I've lived in Arkansas for 20 of my 28 years.

I'm assuming the "Buzz Morning Show" is on 103.7? The only time my radio is on that station is when I have to listen to the Razorback games when I'm not home to watch them.

you should check it out, its pretty entertaining.

jbtiger73

Coach Widener actually already lives in Beebe anyway. So it definitely wouldn't be a major transition for him at all.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: jbtiger73 on December 26, 2018, 04:26:07 pm
Coach Widener actually already lives in Beebe anyway. So it definitely wouldn't be a major transition for him at all.

That has no role in his decision.

panther07

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on December 22, 2018, 11:12:39 am

you should check it out, its pretty entertaining.

Your idea of good sports radio and mine clearly differ.  Those guys don't know a whole lot about ball.  Bazz does or used to but seems sort of out of touch about most major sporting events taking place. 

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: panther07 on December 27, 2018, 09:44:55 pm
Your idea of good sports radio and mine clearly differ.  Those guys don't know a whole lot about ball.  Bazz does or used to but seems sort of out of touch about most major sporting events taking place.

I said it was entertaining, said nothing about it being sports. 🤔

HorseFeathers

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on December 27, 2018, 10:56:38 pm

Most think that 103.7 is a sports station....easy thing to get confused about

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: HorseFeathers on December 27, 2018, 11:22:54 pm
Most think that 103.7 is a sports station....easy thing to get confused about
Many on here stay confused once you quit talking about their team.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: Oldman on December 28, 2018, 06:36:32 am
Many on here stay confused once you quit talking about their team.

A lot get confused when they decide to type the first letter of a comment.

incogneto

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on December 28, 2018, 06:59:21 am
A lot get confused when they decide to type the first letter of a comment.
Hahaha that Des Arc edjumacation is serving you well.  Are you guys still letting the kids in alternative school dip as long as they agree to do their homework? 

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: incogneto on December 28, 2018, 07:22:53 am
Hahaha that Des Arc edjumacation is serving you well.  Are you guys still letting the kids in alternative school dip as long as they agree to do their homework?

I know nothing of the alternative school, you seem to be up on it, why don't you educate us on the "alternative school"

Ctucker

Quote from: incogneto on December 28, 2018, 07:22:53 am
Does it matter there going to dip anyway atleast they are learning something!

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: Ctucker on December 28, 2018, 03:31:13 pm
Does it matter there going to dip anyway atleast they are learning something!
Oooooooooooooooooooor maybe not

panther07

Quote from: pick_DA_EAGLES on December 27, 2018, 10:56:38 pm

Ok.  Fair enough.  I don't think it's good either way.  Solves that.  It really wasn't an indictment on your opinion.

beebefootballfan

Drake Widener will not be the next coach at Beebe. 

Ctucker

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: beebefootballfan on December 28, 2018, 05:43:45 pm
Drake Widener will not be the next coach at Beebe.

I been trying to tell them that.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: panther07 on December 28, 2018, 04:44:12 pm
Ok.  Fair enough.  I don't think it's good either way.  Solves that.  It really wasn't an indictment on your opinion.

No issues. But myself, I do like the morning show. But I've listened to Tommy Smith for as long as I can remember listening to the radio. Lol

boogercat

Can we just give everyone a baby bottle with all the offended we are doing on here. Geez we are adults here can we live in 2019 where we aren't offended or get but hurt over issues?

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: boogercat on January 02, 2019, 12:06:37 pm
Can we just give everyone a baby bottle with all the offended we are doing on here. Geez we are adults here can we live in 2019 where we aren’t offended or get but hurt over issues?
Stay in your lane bro?

boogercat

Quote from: Oldman on January 02, 2019, 01:24:34 pm
Stay in your lane bro?

Did I offend you by speaking the truth with what I stated?

Jimbo Morphis

Quote from: boogercat on January 02, 2019, 02:20:48 pm

Did I offend you by speaking the truth with what I stated?
Offend me? Nope but I can help you with your fishing. Slow down and use smaller lures. 

boogercat

Quote from: Oldman on January 03, 2019, 09:29:32 am
Offend me? Nope but I can help you with your fishing. Slow down and use smaller lures.

Sorry I'm not a fisherman. I'm not old and retired yet. I only fish in the summer.

i40traveler

I hear they are hiring from within.

youhavenoidea

Quote from: i40traveler on January 03, 2019, 10:28:38 am
Surely not, heard they were looking for changes, not just same old same old.

arkansasprepfootball

Quote from: i40traveler on January 03, 2019, 10:28:38 am

You have been misinformed.

Starting interview process.  Hire should be made by the end of the month.

i40traveler

Quote from: arkansasprepfootball on January 03, 2019, 11:26:57 am
You have been misinformed.

Starting interview process.  Hire should be made by the end of the month.

No assistants or JH coaches are being interviewed?

arkansasprepfootball

Quote from: i40traveler on January 03, 2019, 11:33:28 am
No assistants or JH coaches are being interviewed?

I'm sure they are - good business to interview in-house guys, keeps the peace.  An in-house guy WILL NOT be hired.  Courtesy interviews at most.

youhavenoidea

Quote from: arkansasprepfootball on January 03, 2019, 03:07:21 pm
I'm sure they are - good business to interview in-house guys, keeps the peace.  An in-house guy WILL NOT be hired.  Courtesy interviews at most.
Always is and also a good way to "clean" house a little more...in house guy doesn't get it he moves on allows new coach to bring in their own people

GotInfo?

Most places will interview one in house if they apply, but not all that do. I'm not hearing much about who is involved, but I don't see this being an in house hire.

nuttinbuthogs

TrenchHogs

No he doesn't, DA has a home for their HC/AD to live in.

TrenchHogs

Quote from: youhavenoidea on January 04, 2019, 10:39:49 am
Always is and also a good way to "clean" house a little more...in house guy doesn't get it he moves on allows new coach to bring in their own people

No in house guys have applied. The admin want a guy to come in with a completely different style/philosophy of football.

gcsdad

Quote from: softballfan22 on December 05, 2018, 03:11:53 pm
WITHOUT QUESTION: Des Arc head coach and Beebe Alum Drake Widener will be the New Head Coach.
Absolutely without question!!!!! By the way you other guys who are acting like you know something.... you don't. Stop lying.

Congrats to Drake! Had a lot of fun with him when he was at lonoke.

Nacho

Before rumors start that Coach Widener is Beebe's head coach he just put on twitter he's going to Riverview.

beebefootballfan

January 11, 2019, 11:54:11 am #147 Last Edit: January 11, 2019, 12:03:59 pm by beebefootballfan
Drake moved to Beebe last year to be closer to family. 

Drake has taken the job at Riverview.

As DaEagles and I have said multiple times Drake was never going to be the coach at Beebe.  That was never even a possibility.

Pick_DA_EAGLES

Quote from: TrenchHogs on January 10, 2019, 01:50:33 pm
No he doesn't, DA has a home for their HC/AD to live in.

Yes Drake does live in Beebe. Speak what you know, and not what you think.

Ctucker

Didn't he take Riverveiw job?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas