• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Beebe HC Open

Started by WTD, December 05, 2018, 10:13:09 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Pick_DA_EAGLES

baseball_fan1

Kraig Crist

AT

RG44

Quote from: Almatrackster on January 15, 2019, 10:03:13 am
Is this official, speculation, hope, guessing, or?

I think its a guess

TruthHurts

beebefootballfan

I've always felt this job was going to one of 3 people. Widener, Gunter, or a 3rd who isn't a option any longer.

Drake Would have loved to come home but he was never really an option for whatever reason.  That leaves Chris, and I think he will do a great job just like Drake would have.  Beebe wants a big swing away from the dead T offense and Chris will give them that. 

beebefootballfan

January 21, 2019, 07:08:12 am #157 Last Edit: January 21, 2019, 03:02:14 pm by beebefootballfan
Wouldn't be surprised if Gunter was named the Badger HC this week.

beebefootballfan

Talked to a source today. Expect it to be announced tonight.

nuttinbuthogs

1reddieLB

Updates on how things are going in Badger country??

Jwolf12

I have heard people in the community members are excited for sure. He has the players doing multiple community service events. Getting the community excited is step number 1

1reddieLB

May 08, 2019, 05:00:58 pm #163 Last Edit: November 02, 2019, 11:12:07 pm by 1reddieLB
Updates?

Redwolves8526

Quote from: Jwolf12 on May 08, 2019, 02:23:41 pm
I have heard people in the community members are excited for sure. He has the players doing multiple community service events. Getting the community excited is step number 1

A lot of people in the boat now?

AT

Good question, reddie.

I'll reiterate that Coach Gunter is honestly one of the best in the Arkansas high school biz in calling plays. As I've said before, I've seen him call a game where he didn't run out of the same formation twice.

He will find the defense's weakness and run right at that weakness. We got a great coordinator in Coach K, so I'm less worried about replacing him.

TrenchHogs

DC is leaving to go back to Cabot and that jobs been posted a few days now. Speculation another assistant may be leaving to go to Conway. Jr high HC supposedly moving up to HS staff so that will open up a Jr high job.

1reddieLB

May 17, 2019, 11:12:31 am #167 Last Edit: November 02, 2019, 11:11:19 pm by 1reddieLB
They may not have much flexibility in teaching positions. 

threepeoplematter

Well, looks like another coach will have a chance to hire his own guys.

sevenof400

Quote from: threepeoplematter on May 17, 2019, 12:10:48 pm
Well, looks like another coach will have a chance to hire his own guys.

The current environment in the district is not going to make the HC's job any easier when it comes to attracting new staff. 

arkansasFBscoop

May 18, 2019, 08:16:50 am #170 Last Edit: May 18, 2019, 09:12:47 am by arkansasFBscoop
Quote from: sevenof400 on May 18, 2019, 07:52:35 am
The current environment in the district is not going to make the HC's job any easier when it comes to attracting new staff.

Strongly disagree.  I know situation there in fairly high detail.  Changes in Beebe are all in Gunter's favor.  Guys who don't want to "buy-in" are bouncing, not guys they need.

sevenof400

Quote from: arkansasFBscoop on May 18, 2019, 08:16:50 am
Strongly disagree.  I know situation there in fairly high detail.  Changes in Beebe are all in Gunter's favor.  Guys who don't want to "buy-in" are bouncing, not guys they need.

I should have made my point a bit clearer but I was referring to aspects outside of the football program but within the district.

Jwolf12

Quote from: TrenchHogs on May 17, 2019, 10:10:37 am
DC is leaving to go back to Cabot and that jobs been posted a few days now. Speculation another assistant may be leaving to go to Conway. Jr high HC supposedly moving up to HS staff so that will open up a Jr high job.
The DC is just teaching at Cabot, not even coaching. Are these other guys leaving for better opportunities? Is there some tension within the staff or just a coincidence with these guys leaving? Coaches jumping ship usually isn't a great sign

arkansasFBscoop

Quote from: Jwolf12 on May 20, 2019, 08:12:42 pm
The DC is just teaching at Cabot, not even coaching. Are these other guys leaving for better opportunities? Is there some tension within the staff or just a coincidence with these guys leaving? Coaches jumping ship usually isn't a great sign

Program going entirely different direction than previous staff.  All good people, current and former, just totally different mentalities on running a program.  Nothing more.  New superintendent is very much pro-sports.  Could help to get some new blood in program.  It is always easier in transition for both HC and assistants when they are able to bring in some of their own people.

incogneto

Mentality change is the best words I have heard anyone post.  Lots of programs and coaches that lose a lot think that they could win with someone else players.  That is a losing mentality.  A coaches job is to win with what they have not buy into excuses. 

Rayburn

Quote from: Jwolf12 on May 20, 2019, 08:12:42 pm
There is also likely some bitterness leftover with the way they mistreated Shannon. Nothing to do with the new guy, but it'd be impossible for it not to be the case. A lot of politicking involved, always has been in that town.

arkansasFBscoop

Quote from: Rayburn on May 22, 2019, 03:14:57 pm
There is also likely some bitterness leftover with the way they mistreated Shannon. Nothing to do with the new guy, but it'd be impossible for it not to be the case. A lot of politicking involved, always has been in that town.

John is a good man.  There is no doubt it was time for a change, though.  I won't speculate on the details of the change, as I don't know them, but it probably should have happened earlier.

sevenof400

The point I feel is worth repeating here is that with changes happening all throughout the district (not limited to athletics), there is a considerable cloud of unease hanging over everything at present.  Coaching changes can be stressful enough on their own, but when you add in a change at the top of the administration to the mix the unease can easily escalate - and it has.  These are unsettled times throughout the entire district and one hopes things settle down soon.     

Rayburn

Quote from: arkansasFBscoop on May 22, 2019, 03:21:46 pm
John is a good man.  There is no doubt it was time for a change, though.  I won't speculate on the details of the change, as I don't know them, but it probably should have happened earlier.
I respectfully disagree. John is also a good coach and a good example for young men. He's as capable of winning with good players as anyone they could get and he's proven it. Beebe is no juggernaut and never has been. He went to the semis for only the third time in school history. The other two times, the previous being the early 80s, they were 2A.
John went in 5A and lost by 7 at Wynne.
Beyond that, the other attributes I already mentioned are just as, if not more, important in a coach at the high school level. Beebe had a good one, and ran him out for absurd reasons.

Again, this has nothing to do with Gunter. I wish him the best, but he's got an uphill battle right now.

Jwolf12

May 23, 2019, 10:18:33 am #179 Last Edit: May 23, 2019, 02:19:03 pm by Jwolf12
You can't put the lack of success all on Shannon. To expect any coach to come into Beebe and win conference games against PA, LR Christian, Parkview, Maumelle, and White Hall is too much.

Rayburn

And McClellan and Sylvan Hills until this year.

incogneto

Quote from: Jwolf12 on May 23, 2019, 10:18:33 am
You can't put the lack of success all on Shannon. To expect any coach to come into Beebe and win conference games against PA, LR Christian, Parkview, Maumelle, and White Hall is too much.
If this mentality is allowed around the program Beebe will get exactly what this guy expects.  Greenwood doesn't have the athletes that any of those teams mentioned has. 

beebefootballfan

Chris has done an amazing job building a good foundation for the Badger Program.  There is a completely different air around the program these days. 

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas