• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Who Is Your Athletic Director?

Started by Go Postal, July 05, 2019, 12:45:37 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Go Postal

Summer is here and we are all awaiting for the next sports season to began.  Most of us know who the coach is for each town and their sports background.  I thought maybe we could find out who is the Head Athletic Director for each town and some of their background.  I'll start with Harrison's AD:

Chris Pratt
Harrison Athletic Director and Head boys/girls soccer coach.

I believe that he went to high school in the St. Louis area.
He graduated from MacMurray College with a Bachelor's degree in Science and Biology with an emphasis in Secondary Education.  Chris Pratt began his coaching career at the collegiate level at University of Arkansas at Little Rock working in men's and women's soccer.  While at UALR, Chris received his Master's in Education degree and was named Head Coach of UALR's Women's Soccer program.
He served as the head women's coach at Arkansas-Little Rock for five years and the assistant for two years from 1994-2000.
  In 2000, Coach Pratt accepted the position to head the Harrison Goblin soccer program and serve as Women's Athletic Director.  In 2014, Coach Pratt was named Athletic Director for both men's and women's sports for the past five years, as well as boys' and girls' Head soccer coach for 19 years.

This last season as Head AD, his sports staff has put the Goblins football in the semifinals which the last time they did that was in 1999. The staff has also had for last season a State championship in girls cross country.  State runner-up in girls tennis and golf. A Quarterfinal appearance in baseball, a Semifinal in girls basketball.
For this last season as a coach himself, Coach Pratt guided the Lady Goblins to their seventh state soccer title and third in four seasons. Harrison finished the season 25-3-1, outscoring four state tournament opponents by a combined total of 17-3 and finished off an impressive run, which saw the team win 24 out of its last 25 matches and 13 in a row to close the season. The lone blemish was a 1-1 tie against Ozark, Mo., in the Springfield (Mo.) Kickapoo tournament. He also lead the Goblins to a State Runner-up in boys soccer this last Spring.  That is 13 total state soccer titles for Pratt (seven coaching girls and six coaching boys) which is the most Championship trophies in that sport for one town and also one coach in the entire State of Arkansas which didn't include the 4 State Runner-up trophies (2 boys/2 girls) also to add to that list.

walkingguy72396

From St. Louis area.  Makes sense that he knows his Soccer.  Having grown up in St. Louis, I am disappointed that you don't know what High School he attended.  It's a St. Louis area thing.  Us St. Louis people know all about you after we know what High School you attended.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Go Postal on July 05, 2019, 12:45:37 am
Summer is here and we are all awaiting for the next sports season to began.  Most of us know who the coach is for each town and their sports background.  I thought maybe we could find out who is the Head Athletic Director for each town and some of their background.  I'll start with Harrison's AD:

Chris Pratt
Harrison Athletic Director and Head boys/girls soccer coach.

I believe that he went to high school in the St. Louis area.
He graduated from MacMurray College with a Bachelor's degree in Science and Biology with an emphasis in Secondary Education.  Chris Pratt began his coaching career at the collegiate level at University of Arkansas at Little Rock working in men's and women's soccer.  While at UALR, Chris received his Master's in Education degree and was named Head Coach of UALR's Women's Soccer program.
He served as the head women's coach at Arkansas-Little Rock for five years and the assistant for two years from 1994-2000.
  In 2000, Coach Pratt accepted the position to head the Harrison Goblin soccer program and serve as Women's Athletic Director.  In 2014, Coach Pratt was named Athletic Director for both men's and women's sports for the past five years, as well as boys' and girls' Head soccer coach for 19 years.

This last season as Head AD, his sports staff has put the Goblins football in the semifinals which the last time they did that was in 1999. The staff has also had for last season a State championship in girls cross country.  State runner-up in girls tennis and golf. A Quarterfinal appearance in baseball, a Semifinal in girls basketball.
For this last season as a coach himself, Coach Pratt guided the Lady Goblins to their seventh state soccer title and third in four seasons. Harrison finished the season 25-3-1, outscoring four state tournament opponents by a combined total of 17-3 and finished off an impressive run, which saw the team win 24 out of its last 25 matches and 13 in a row to close the season. The lone blemish was a 1-1 tie against Ozark, Mo., in the Springfield (Mo.) Kickapoo tournament. He also lead the Goblins to a State Runner-up in boys soccer this last Spring.  That is 13 total state soccer titles for Pratt (seven coaching girls and six coaching boys) which is the most Championship trophies in that sport for one town and also one coach in the entire State of Arkansas which didn't include the 4 State Runner-up trophies (2 boys/2 girls) also to add to that list.
Athletic Director? What is that?  ;D

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas