• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Post Your Team's 2017 Schedule Here

Started by VHSCoach2, May 13, 2017, 08:54:28 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

VHSCoach2

The deadline to post football schedules to Maxpreps has come and gone, so if you know your school's schedule for the 2017 season, post it here.  I'll start with Vilonia's:

9/1: at Greene County Tech
9/8: at Pottsville
9/15: vs. Booneville
9/22: vs. Alma
9/29: at Maumelle
10/6: vs. Harrison
10/13: at Farmington
10/20: vs. Morrilton
10/27: at Clarksville
11/2: vs. Greenbrier

beach bum

Quote from: VHSCoach2 on May 13, 2017, 08:54:28 pm
The deadline to post football schedules to Maxpreps has come and gone, so if you know your school's schedule for the 2017 season, post it here.  I'll start with Vilonia's:

You think playoffs are a possibility in Vilonia this coming year? Farmington should struggle again on offense and Clarksville still has big defensive issues. Seems like they have to find 2 more wins which seems realistic!

GuvHog

WATSON CHAPEL

@Dollarway (UAPB??)*
Pine Bluff
Warren
Hot Springs
@De Queen
@Hope
White Hall
Magnolia
@Lakeside
Camden Fairview

* Due to problems with Dollarway Cardinals Stadium, this game may be played either at UAPB or at Watson Chapel.

tmycjy

Here Wynne Football Schedule last Year Class 5A State Runner Up

Marion                  There
Maumelle              Home
Beebe                   There
Blytheville              Home
Green County Tech There
Valley View             Home (Homecoming)
Batesville               There
Paragould               Home
Forrest City            There
Nettleton                Home (SR Night )
Then Hopely its first round of the playoffs
then quarterfinal of playoff
then semi Finals of playoff
then state tittle games

JessieP

Batesville has:

Jonesboro                 away
Searcy                      away
Mountain Home         away
Nettleton                  away
Paragould                 home
Forest City                away
Wynne                      home
Blytheville                 away
Greene County Tech   home
Valley View               away

Yes, that schedule is 100% true. Batesville only has 3 home games in 2017. I am proud of the Pioneers, look at the non-conference games. Batesville and PA are the only 2 teams in the 5A that intentionally schedule games, year in and year out, against teams that are higher up in classification. No cupcakes here. They don't play at home until week 5.

Red Devil Alum

Quote from: JessieP on May 15, 2017, 12:12:15 am
Batesville has:

Yes, that schedule is 100% true. Batesville only has 3 home games in 2017. I am proud of the Pioneers, look at the non-conference games. Batesville and PA are the only 2 teams in the 5A that intentionally schedule games, year in and year out, against teams that are higher up in classification. No cupcakes here. They don't play at home until week 5.
Wow. Pioneer Nation will be hitting the highway to support their team in 2017.  That's a loaded schedule. Do you get some of those non-conference teams at home next year?

JessieP

Quote from: Red Devil Alum on May 15, 2017, 08:11:03 am
Wow. Pioneer Nation will be hitting the highway to support their team in 2017.  That's a loaded schedule. Do you get some of those non-conference teams at home next year?

I don't know. There are rumblings of a big shake up starting in 2018. I've heard 18 5A teams are moving up to 6A and 36 4A teams are moving to 5A. Who knows. If not then I assume the schedule would flip and we'd have only 3 away games. You got to admire King and Kelley for scheduling 6 and 7A teams pre-conference instead of 4A or lesser 5A teams. I love the "let's build character early" mindset.

GuvHog

Quote from: JessieP on May 15, 2017, 10:34:22 am
I don't know. There are rumblings of a big shake up starting in 2018. I've heard 18 5A teams are moving up to 6A and 36 4A teams are moving to 5A. Who knows. If not then I assume the schedule would flip and we'd have only 3 away games. You got to admire King and Kelley for scheduling 6 and 7A teams pre-conference instead of 4A or lesser 5A teams. I love the "let's build character early" mindset.

Football is not included in the big shake up. The football Classifications will remain the same as they are now and the 5A East will not change.

Chief_Osceola™

Maumelle:

North Little Rock
@ Wynne
Mills
@ Greenbrier
Vilonia
Clarksville
@ Morrilton
@ Farmington
Harrison
@ Alma

woopork

Quote from: JessieP on May 15, 2017, 12:12:15 am
Batesville has:

Might wanna check your references on Batesville and PA are the only 2 teams in 5A that "intentionally" schedule games that are higher up in classification. A lot of 5A schools play teams tougher than MH and Searcy, granted I do think MH will be good this year.

JessieP

Quote from: woopork on May 15, 2017, 03:46:08 pm
Might wanna check your references on Batesville and PA are the only 2 teams in 5A that "intentionally" schedule games that are higher up in classification. A lot of 5A schools play teams tougher than MH and Searcy, granted I do think MH will be good this year.

Well by all means, if there is another team, besides PA and Batesville, that has 3 6A playoff teams on it's schedule please tell me. I don't mean one or two, I mean every non-conference game. Theme from Jeopardy playing.....

Chief_Osceola™

75% of 6A teams play in the state tournament, so that is a bit misleading.  Maumelle has a brutal non-conference schedule.  7A runner-up North Little Rock followed by 5A runner-up Wynne.  Then we get Mills.  I don't know what Mills has, but I think they've been steadily improving.

PA Dad

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on May 15, 2017, 04:08:18 pm
75% of 6A teams play in the state tournament, so that is a bit misleading.  Maumelle has a brutal non-conference schedule.  7A runner-up North Little Rock followed by 5A runner-up Wynne.  Then we get Mills.  I don't know what Mills has, but I think they've been steadily improving.

The first two are certainly formidable opponents.  We'll have to wait and see about Mills.

woopork

Quote from: JessieP on May 15, 2017, 03:56:54 pm
Well by all means, if there is another team, besides PA and Batesville, that has 3 6A playoff teams on it's schedule please tell me. I don't mean one or two, I mean every non-conference game. Theme from Jeopardy playing.....

PA has 0 6A playoff teams on its schedule.

The 4 West playoff teams:

Greenbrier played Beebe, Heber Springs, Benton (Benton beat Jonesboro) I know the other two are weaker
Harrison played Siloam Springs, Mountain Home, and LRCA 2 - 6A teams and LRCA an athletic team
Morrilton played Fair as a "bye week" between their two 6A playoff team, including the state champion
Alma played, man this sucks having to brag on Alma, played Van Buren, Springdale, and Greenwood.

Maumelle plays a tough schedule
McClellan had that TX school and NLR

Mountain Home went 0-3 against 5A schools, granted I think they are gonna beat some of those 5A schools this year.

VHSCoach2

May 16, 2017, 01:39:25 pm #14 Last Edit: May 16, 2017, 01:43:09 pm by VHSCoach2
Quote from: woopork on May 16, 2017, 10:09:00 am
PA has 0 6A playoff teams on its schedule.

The 4 West playoff teams:

Greenbrier played Beebe, Heber Springs, Benton (Benton beat Jonesboro) I know the other two are weaker
Harrison played Siloam Springs, Mountain Home, and LRCA 2 - 6A teams and LRCA an athletic team
Morrilton played Fair as a "bye week" between their two 6A playoff team, including the state champion
Alma played, man this sucks having to brag on Alma, played Van Buren, Springdale, and Greenwood.

Maumelle plays a tough schedule
McClellan had that TX school and NLR

Mountain Home went 0-3 against 5A schools, granted I think they are gonna beat some of those 5A schools this year.

All four of PA's non-conference opponents this season, Bryant, Page (OK), Ridgeway (TN), and Parkway (LA) went to the playoffs in their respective states last season.

Granted, I don't know what classification those out-of-state opponents are.

JessieP

Quote from: VHSCoach2 on May 16, 2017, 01:39:25 pm
All four of PA's non-conference opponents this season, Bryant, Page (OK), Ridgeway (TN), and Parkway (LA) went to the playoffs in their respective states last season.

Granted, I don't know what classification those out-of-state opponents are.

I stand by my post. Every out of state team PA plays is in their states highest level classification. They recently played Chaminade in California, Chaminade is in what Max Preps rates as the best conference in the Nation. I know Batesville for years opened the season against Springdale, it started the year after Mustain/Williams left. People have tried to argue against my statement with a few antidotal examples, a tough game here or there. I'll say it again, you'll never see Batesville or PA play a 4A team pre-conference.

HorseFeathers

Quote from: JessieP on May 16, 2017, 02:04:32 pm
I stand by my post. Every out of state team PA plays is in their states highest level classification. They recently played Chaminade in California, Chaminade is in what Max Preps rates as the best conference in the Nation. I know Batesville for years opened the season against Springdale, it started the year after Mustain/Williams left. People have tried to argue against my statement with a few antidotal examples, a tough game here or there. I'll say it again, you'll never see Batesville or PA play a 4A team pre-conference.

Batesville played springdale twice....2012-2013...lost both...maybe you confused them with Searcy who's been on the schedule for a better part of 15 years. Mountain home is another main stay on the schedule...they haven't had an above .500 record since 2006.

And doesn't 12 out of 16 teams make 6a playoffs? So go 2-8 and make the playoffs....

AT

Alma plays Van Buren, Springdale, and Greenwood.

You can take potshots at the VB game all you want, but that is a 7A team who would probably do pretty decent in 5A and Alma nor VB will ever drop that game because of the mucho amount of money they get at the gate.

Springdale is a 7A playoff team back on the rise.

Greenwood is a 6A powerhouse.

STBruin

Quote from: Almatrackster on May 17, 2017, 07:18:18 am
Alma plays Van Buren, Springdale, and Greenwood.

You can take potshots at the VB game all you want, but that is a 7A team who would probably do pretty decent in 5A and Alma nor VB will ever drop that game because of the mucho amount of money they get at the gate.

Springdale is a 7A playoff team back on the rise.

Greenwood is a 6A powerhouse.

Shouldn't most 7A teams be pretty decent in 5A? Who cares about the non-conference schedule, it's what you do in November that counts!

AT

Quote from: STBruin on May 17, 2017, 07:22:10 am
Shouldn't most 7A teams be pretty decent in 5A? Who cares about the non-conference schedule, it's what you do in November that counts!

Yes, that's my point.

EDIT: That most 7A teams would be pretty decent in 5A, not what doing in November is what counts.

woopork

Quote from: HorseFeathers on May 16, 2017, 06:59:10 pm
Batesville played springdale twice....2012-2013...lost both...maybe you confused them with Searcy who's been on the schedule for a better part of 15 years. Mountain home is another main stay on the schedule...they haven't had an above .500 record since 2006.

And doesn't 12 out of 16 teams make 6a playoffs? So go 2-8 and make the playoffs....

+1
I like you Horsefeathers

STBruin

2017 Pulaski Academy Football Schedule

9/1 @ Page HS (Sand Springs, Ok)
9/8 Ridgeway (Memphis)
9/15 Parkway (Bossier City)
9/22 JA Fair
9/29 @ Beebe
10/6 LRCA
10/13 @ Sylvan Hills
10/20 @ Parkview
10/27 McClellan
11/2 @ Mills

Coach T Wood

Quote from: JessieP on May 16, 2017, 02:04:32 pm

True that they did not play them last year, but for a long time PA did play Warren.  And it worked out well for both teams I believe.

AT

Alma Airedales

8/29 - @ Van Buren
9/8 - @ Springdale
9/15 - vs. Greenwood
9/22 - @ Vilonia
9/29 - vs. Farmington
10/6 - vs. Morrilton
10/13 - @ Clarksville
10/20 - @ Harrison
10/27 - vs. Greenbrier
11/3 - vs. Maumelle

InYoGrill

May 21, 2017, 07:50:22 pm #24 Last Edit: May 21, 2017, 07:53:28 pm by InYoGrill
Geez, I forgot we still had the light-weight non conference schedule to return to from last year. OLD AD is out so hopefully new AD can put some tougher non conference on there next year going forward. We seem to always play a light first few games for past several years. I would like to see us put a good rival and close game with Beebe. We have had that game for many years. Always draws a super gate at each place.  Also Wynne was on there just a couple years back. Yes, you get what you ask for but it sure prepares us better for conference to play better competition.

I know Pottsville and Booneville are usually good at their classifications but V to play down is not helping the program. GCT, geez give me a break. Practically in MO for a scrimmage.  Conference schedule is not bad at all this year with the tougher teams at home.

BTW- I took last season off since I was out of the area ( a few thousand miles ) :). Glad to be back home! GO EAGLES!!!

IYG

Quote from: VHSCoach2 on May 13, 2017, 08:54:28 pm

PA Dad

Quote from: InYoGrill on May 21, 2017, 07:50:22 pm
Geez, I forgot we still had the light-weight non conference schedule to return to from last year. OLD AD is out so hopefully new AD can put some tougher non conference on there next year going forward. We seem to always play a light first few games for past several years. I would like to see us put a good rival and close game with Beebe. We have had that game for many years. Always draws a super gate at each place.  Also Wynne was on there just a couple years back. Yes, you get what you ask for but it sure prepares us better for conference to play better competition.

I know Pottsville and Booneville are usually good at their classifications but V to play down is not helping the program. GCT, geez give me a break. Practically in MO for a scrimmage.  Conference schedule is not bad at all this year with the tougher teams at home.

BTW- I took last season off since I was out of the area ( a few thousand miles ) :). Glad to be back home! GO EAGLES!!!

IYG

It's great to have you back on the board.

Thank you for your service.  I mean that from the bottom of my heart.

MDXPHD

Quote from: STBruin on May 17, 2017, 07:22:10 am

What about December?

Also, didn't Batesville play Newport when they were 4A? I know it's because of the rivalry but I'm pretty sure it happened.

VHSCoach2

Quote from: InYoGrill on May 21, 2017, 07:50:22 pm

IYG

Good to have you back, IYG!

AT

First off, thank you for your service, IYG.

Secondly, we are glad to have you back. Need some of your posts and humor around here. Don't you miss your Alma buddies?

RamFan06

Lakeside

8-21  @Sheridan
8-28   Robinson (War Memorial)
9-8    @Sylvan Hills
9-15  Malvern
9-22  Camden Fairview
9-29  @Magnolia
10-6  @White Hall
10-13 Hope
10-20 @DeQueen
10-27 Watson Chapel
11-3  @Hot Springs

AT

Quote from: RamFan06 on May 24, 2017, 03:43:51 pm
Lakeside

8-21  @Sheridan
8-28   Robinson (War Memorial)
9-8    @Sylvan Hills
9-15  Malvern
9-22  Camden Fairview
9-29  @Magnolia
10-6  @White Hall
10-13 Hope
10-20 @DeQueen
10-27 Watson Chapel
11-3  @Hot Springs

Ram, what does Lakeside look like this upcoming year?

InYoGrill

Quote from: Almatrackster on May 22, 2017, 11:02:26 am
First off, thank you for your service, IYG.

Secondly, we are glad to have you back. Need some of your posts and humor around here. Don't you miss your Alma buddies?

Great to be back. Sure love Friday night lights. Thanks Trackster, VHSC2, and PA DAD. Just doing what I need to do. Can't wait to see them Eagles do some West stompin especially on Briar and Panther Blue. That's all that matters beat Briar each season. LOL!

Anyway I would like to see the new AD get BB and SH Bears back on the schedule. Some really close proximity games with full stands on both sides.

RamFan06

Quote from: Almatrackster on May 24, 2017, 05:30:11 pm
Ram, what does Lakeside look like this upcoming year?

I haven't had time to watch a bunch of film yet but I do know we have some talent at receiver this season. Not quite what Caleb Dean was but 3 guys that are as good or better than our #2 from last year. Also the QB has been working out with an un-named QB coach in Little Rock since the end of last season. Should be a huge step up in talent at that position this season.

My biggest concern at this point is the O-Line. We lost a lot on the line from last year. Once I can watch all of the film from spring I will update.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas