• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Texarkana

Started by AT, May 03, 2017, 02:41:34 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

AT

How do the South schools feel about this addition?

Adding Texarkana and losing Mills makes football stronger in my opinion. Can Texarkana find success in 5A? God knows they have the talent.

GuvHog

May 03, 2017, 02:59:40 pm #1 Last Edit: May 04, 2017, 03:17:25 pm by GuvHog
Quote from: Almatrackster on May 03, 2017, 02:41:34 pm
How do the South schools feel about this addition?

Adding Texarkana and losing Mills makes football stronger in my opinion. Can Texarkana find success in 5A? God knows they have the talent.

Most likely adding Texarkana to the 5A South will push White Hall to the 5A Central. Mills was not in the 5A South, they were in the 5A Central.

It remains to be seen if Texarkana is any better than White Hall.

AHS06

We will win this conference easily.  Good for 6A we are being moved down after the coaching change but bad for 5A.

We'll contend with PA in our first season.

Texarkana_Piggie

Quote from: AHS06 on May 14, 2017, 09:51:00 pm
We will win this conference easily.  Good for 6A we are being moved down after the coaching change but bad for 5A.

i will be surprised if that happens.  what i wondered is, was this already in the planning or did norton have something to do with us moving down?  we have been shrinking in enrollment for years and been on the edge but had always stayed in 6A.  he did the same thing at T-High....got them moved down in district to be the biggest school in a smaller pool. 

GuvHog

Quote from: Texarkana_Piggie on May 15, 2017, 08:44:52 am
i will be surprised if that happens.  what i wondered is, was this already in the planning or did norton have something to do with us moving down?  we have been shrinking in enrollment for years and been on the edge but had always stayed in 6A.  he did the same thing at T-High....got them moved down in district to be the biggest school in a smaller pool. 

No, it had to do with Sylvan Hills moving up to 6A along with 7A adding a new school (Bentonville West).

zebradynasty

Competitive yes contend...I doubt it, not the first year. It's going to take a season or two to get the mediocrity mentality out of the program. Dropping down will help speed the process.

Hogman2018

The 10th grade class is loaded!! The first year they are in 5A they Will contenders no doubt

MDXPHD

I remember when Watson chapel came down and dominated too.

Hogman2018

I didnt say they would dominantę i said they Will be contenders!! I Think we are a little bit better than WC  when they moved down just my opiniom!!!

Hogman2018

AHS06

Quote from: zebradynasty on May 15, 2017, 11:08:24 am
Competitive yes contend...I doubt it, not the first year. It's going to take a season or two to get the mediocrity mentality out of the program. Dropping down will help speed the process.
We'll see...  Our first year in 5A will be a loaded senior class with another class to follow.

AHS06

Quote from: MDXPHD on May 15, 2017, 08:24:46 pm
I remember when Watson chapel came down and dominated too.
Watson Chapel is not Arkansas High (Check the history/facts)

AHS06

Quote from: Texarkana_Piggie on May 15, 2017, 08:44:52 am
Arkansas High being moved down is solely based on our enrollment numbers.  This is a result from the AHS administrators failing to correct the decline in enrollment for a decade.  Texarkana, AR has an increasing population of 30K but the school is still declining.

Sylvan Hill had an increase of roughly 300 students due to consolidations.  This jump pushed us to 5A as we were the smallest 6A school.  Without this jump we would have been 6A for only one more cycle due to the low enrollment.

zebradynasty

Quote from: AHS06 on May 16, 2017, 07:32:48 am
Watson Chapel is not Arkansas High (Check the history/facts)

I will point out that before they dropped down to 5A, WC was contending in 6A. AH has not been a contender in years in 6A.

AHS06

Quote from: zebradynasty on May 16, 2017, 08:44:20 am
I will point out that before they dropped down to 5A, WC was contending in 6A. AH has not been a contender in years in 6A.
Really?!  WC was always a bottom feeder during their time in 6A.  Their only successful season was 2009 reaching the semi and lost to El Dorado.  That also was the only year WC beat AHS as we finished 7-1 against WC.  The following season that same WC class had them as a contender and they have now returned to the same WC.  Only this time playing lesser opponents.

MDXPHD

Quote from: zebradynasty on May 16, 2017, 08:44:20 am

This is what I was thinking. WC was expected to compete in 5A because they were doing well (moderately) in 6A. Arkansas high hasn't done anything for a long time. We will see.

AHS06

Quote from: MDXPHD on May 16, 2017, 09:22:56 am
This is what I was thinking. WC was expected to compete in 5A because they were doing well (moderately) in 6A. Arkansas high hasn't done anything for a long time. We will see.
WC had ONE good year while in 6A just before they moved down.  You are right we will have to wait and see. 

Arkansas High is not Watson Chapel

GuvHog

Quote from: AHS06 on May 16, 2017, 09:35:20 am
WC had ONE good year while in 6A just before they moved down.  You are right we will have to wait and see. 

Wrong. WC went to the state semi-finals their last 2 years in 6A and lost both times to El Dorado.

zebradynasty

Quote from: AHS06 on May 16, 2017, 09:35:20 am

No but they are more similar than different. They both have suffered years of having talent + poor coaching. They both kept coaches on waay too long after it was evident the coach no longer had the ability to get the most out their players. According to the WC fans they now have what they need at head coach. According to AH fans they now have what they need at coach. Jury still out on both!

Hogman2018

U don't remember beating Pine Bluff in the semis in 2010 and we played Eldorado in the finals in 2010 I believe!!

Hogman2018

I guess we haven't done anything the last 10 years Two state championship and one runner-up. WC hasn't done anything close to that!!!

AHS06

Quote from: GuvHog on May 16, 2017, 11:18:47 am
Wrong. WC went to the state semi-finals their last 2 years in 6A and lost both times to El Dorado.
Just makes the case worse for WC.  Made it to the semi's two years in a row, failed to make it to state, and moves down in classification only to become mediocre again.

AHS 7
WC 1

AHS06

Quote from: zebradynasty on May 16, 2017, 11:28:26 am
No but they are more similar than different. They both have suffered years of having talent + poor coaching. They both kept coaches on waay too long after it was evident the coach no longer had the ability to get the most out their players. According to the WC fans they now have what they need at head coach. According to AH fans they now have what they need at coach. Jury still out on both!
I got ya!  In that case we are very similar but AHS has an overall better program.  In my opinion WC is still a Homecoming game.  We'll be in the same conference for at least 2 years.  Hopefully, we can stop the bleeding and return to our rightful spot within the next 1-2 cycles. 

Texarkana_Piggie

i will say, the kids who are in 10th this year went undefeated from 7-9th grades.  this year they were mixed in with varsity and didn't do well.  i still think a ton of that had to do with coaching. 

woopork

It's hard listening to you when someone with a similar name from the same school made a thread entitled "Arkansas High > the rest of 6A (at this moment)" and went on talking about how good they were before losing in the first round of state.

AHS06

Quote from: woopork on May 16, 2017, 01:24:39 pm
It's hard listening to you when someone with a similar name from the same school made a thread entitled "Arkansas High > the rest of 6A (at this moment)" and went on talking about how good they were before losing in the first round of state.
If you are implying we are the same you are wrong.  There is only one AHS06.  When the other poster made that thread he was talking about this upcoming season. 

We'll let our talking take place on the field. 

BTW-Who is your school?

MDXPHD

Who is Arkansas High? Never heard of them.

GuvHog

Quote from: AHS06 on May 16, 2017, 12:13:17 pm
Just makes the case worse for WC.  Made it to the semi's two years in a row, failed to make it to state, and moves down in classification only to become mediocre again.

AHS 7
WC 1

Like someone stated earlier. it was a case of a drop off in talent plus coaching problems. Don't get me wrong, I like coach Sheldon. He is a fine man and was a good coach but after his wife passed away from cancer, he lost his fire and wasn't the same. He probably should have retired a couple of years before he did. Coach Dutton seems to have the program headed in the right direction so hopefully the program will once again become as good as it was in the last 2 years in 6A.

AHS06

Quote from: MDXPHD on May 16, 2017, 03:43:22 pm
Who is Arkansas High? Never heard of them.
Well you are in for a rude awaken in 2018.  Who is your team/school/town/city?

AHS06

Quote from: GuvHog on May 16, 2017, 03:44:56 pm
Like someone stated earlier. it was a case of a drop off in talent plus coaching problems. Don't get me wrong, I like coach Sheldon. He is a fine man and was a good coach but after his wife passed away from cancer, he lost his fire and wasn't the same. He probably should have retired a couple of years before he did. Coach Dutton seems to have the program headed in the right direction so hopefully the program will once again become as good as it was in the last 2 years in 6A.
Yeah but in our case the blame is the school board.  We made a terrible hire and our students have suffered over the last 5 years.  I liked Sheldon and his coaching style.  The playoff run 2008 and entire 2009 season for WC was good in 6A.  With both programs hopefully on the right track the 5A South will be stronger and better prepared come the playoffs.

woopork

Quote from: AHS06 on May 16, 2017, 01:31:34 pm
If you are implying we are the same you are wrong.  There is only one AHS06.  When the other poster made that thread he was talking about this upcoming season. 

We'll let our talking take place on the field. 

BTW-Who is your school?

No just saying that both of yall talk a pretty big game and that his talking didn't work out so well for him.

My school is Harrison and whoever is playing Alma that night.

AHS06

Quote from: woopork on May 17, 2017, 08:55:47 am
No just saying that both of yall talk a pretty big game and that his talking didn't work out so well for him.

My school is Harrison and whoever is playing Alma that night.
Got ya!  The other poster just appeared this off season.  If you have followed 6A or even read some threads on this board you'll notice all of the Texarkana posters have complained about poor coaching.  Some of the city does not agree with our recent hire but the entire city is very optimistic about the upcoming season. 

Hoghead2

This is the same stuff Watson Chapel said when they rolled into the 5A South. They won not one conference title. Arkansas High can be dangerous with Norton. But the Hogs are not the Hogs of yesteryear. The other schools are not in fear of the name Texarkana. Let's lace them up and play !!!!

Hogman2018

Of course were not the same because we have about 500 less kids but when we come into the 5A the first year we Will have about 17 returnig Starters back! Lets play ball!!!!

AHS06

Quote from: Hogman2018 on May 17, 2017, 10:28:06 am
Of course were not the same because we have about 500 less kids but when we come into the 5A the first year we Will have about 17 returnig Starters back! Lets play ball!!!!
+1

AHS06

Quote from: Hoghead2 on May 17, 2017, 10:03:45 am
This is the same stuff Watson Chapel said when they rolled into the 5A South. They won not one conference title. Arkansas High can be dangerous with Norton. But the Hogs are not the Hogs of yesteryear. The other schools are not in fear of the name Texarkana. Let's lace them up and play !!!!
And we aren't Watson Chapel.

STBruin

Quote from: AHS06 on May 17, 2017, 11:34:25 am
And we aren't Watson Chapel.

That is true....you beat Camden Fairview by 8...and Watson Chapel beat them by 7...but you are close...

AHS06

Quote from: STBruin on May 17, 2017, 01:11:49 pm
That is true....you beat Camden Fairview by 8...and Watson Chapel beat them by 7...but you are close...
At different times during the season and with a below mediocre coach that was on his way out the door.

AT

Texarkana probably has talent to contend, but long ways from PA level. A lot of teams have had speed over the years in 5A.

Hogman2018

Camden Fairview game QB And RB didnt play didnt dress out! So u cant even compare scores

Hogman2018

Tracker who is on PA level cant compare!!

AHS06

Quote from: Hogman2018 on May 17, 2017, 03:58:56 pm
Camden Fairview game QB And RB didnt play didnt dress out! So u cant even compare scores
Exactly.  The score doesn't compare with AHS at full strength.

AHS06

Quote from: Almatrackster on May 17, 2017, 03:13:20 pm
Texarkana probably has talent to contend, but long ways from PA level. A lot of teams have had speed over the years in 5A.
A long way as in? 

AT

Quote from: AHS06 on May 17, 2017, 04:49:23 pm
A long way as in?

Winning like they do at the 5A level.

AT

Quote from: Almatrackster on May 18, 2017, 12:14:10 pm
Winning like they do at the 5A level.

Let me modify, since you didn't claim this, you are far from me believing you'll contend with PA your first season in 5A.

Rocket23

One thing I like about Texarkana dropping down is we will always have AHS06 around to liven things up and talk the smack!😂

Gonna be a fun year!

AHS06

Quote from: Almatrackster on May 18, 2017, 12:16:08 pm
Let me modify, since you didn't claim this, you are far from me believing you'll contend with PA your first season in 5A.
We'll just have to wait and see.  AHS would be in their 2nd year with coach Norton and lead by a talented senior class.  Good thing this first year we will be playing 6A ball. 

zebrafan

Quote from: AHS06 on May 18, 2017, 10:10:37 pm
We'll just have to wait and see.  AHS would be in their 2nd year with coach Norton and lead by a talented senior class.  Good thing this first year we will be playing 6A ball. 
Very true, that class will be niiiiice!

AHS06

Quote from: Rocket23 on May 18, 2017, 01:19:02 pm
One thing I like about Texarkana dropping down is we will always have AHS06 around to liven things up and talk the smack!😂

Gonna be a fun year!
Although I really HATE the fact we have dropped in classification, I am kind of excited to play some new teams.  And the 6A board is dead during the offseason now days. 

BTW-There will more AHS posters come the start of the season.  Just friendly smack talking that we can back up :)

Rocket-Who is your team/town?

Rocket23

Oh I love it.  Good entertainment and pride.  Originally Blytheville!  But LRCA now.  We will both talk smack if AHS makes it that far...🤣

Couldn't resist!

I am sad it is summer and high school sports winding down.  Ready for fall and getting started again.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas