• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

The State Of Camden Fairview Football

Started by Youngsta71701, November 03, 2016, 12:13:11 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Youngsta71701

November 03, 2016, 12:13:11 pm Last Edit: November 03, 2016, 12:15:12 pm by Youngsta71701
In my opinion this is what we need to do at Camden Fairview to make Camden Fairview football good again. Even the bigger schools in Texas do this and the best teams in Arkansas football do this as well. As a matter of fact the traditional powerhouse schools in whatever state you go to do this. What makes Camden so much better that we can't, won't, or just don't do this in Camden. Not to mention we are a much smaller school now than we once were when it comes to enrollment. We don't have as many GOOD options or as much depth as we used too. Our coaches and athletic directors have to realize this before we can truly get back to the top. People of Camden we have plenty enough Jimmy's and Joe's to be a good team this year and most years.

No more playing one way and hoping for the best. The best players at each position need to be out there on the field regardless of their primary position. Most of them have been doing it since Pee Wee football anyways so they should be used to it by the time they get to High School. That's the difference between winning programs and participation trophy programs. Especially amongst your smaller schools. And rather we like it or not people of Camden. We are rapidly becoming a smaller school.

Youngsta71701

November 04, 2016, 11:26:11 am #1 Last Edit: November 04, 2016, 11:56:24 am by Youngsta71701
Heck, Magnolia's QB even plays safety. Batesville's QB played safety in 2013. I believe his last name was Crawford.
Just a couple of examples...
Our best defensive player didn't even play a down of defense this year and we're not going to the playoffs as a result. Makes sense don't it.

Chris Hargraves is his name. One of the best linebackers in the state didn't even play a down at linebacker this year. Or safety for that matter. SMH...
Time to bring out the round ball.

that1guy2110

Dang it youngsta!! Finally said something I cant completely go against you on lol. However you gonna make some mommas and daddys mad by doing that. They dont like it  when that 2 way player starts over their baby. Cox caught alot of heat for doing that very thing.

Youngsta71701

November 08, 2016, 07:26:00 am #3 Last Edit: November 08, 2016, 07:33:32 am by Youngsta71701
Quote from: that1guy2110 on November 05, 2016, 10:00:05 am
Dang it youngsta!! Finally said something I cant completely go against you on lol. However you gonna make some mommas and daddys mad by doing that. They dont like it  when that 2 way player starts over their baby. Cox caught alot of heat for doing that very thing.
Lol...Winning cures everything. Well, almost. It isn't enough for the Camden Fairview administrators. You have to kiss their butt too.

Youngsta71701

November 08, 2016, 07:31:46 am #4 Last Edit: November 08, 2016, 07:59:02 am by Youngsta71701
If my best offensive linemen also happens to be my best defensive linemen. He's playing both ways.
If my best running back also happens to be my best linebacker. He's playing both ways.
If my best receiver also happens to be my best cornerback. He's playing both ways.
If my second best receiver also happens to be my best safety. Then guess what? He's playing both ways.

That way I have one of my best players on every level of the defense.

As long as they can handle the workload they're playing both ways. When they need a breather I'll give them a breather. Then they're going right back out there unless we got the game in hand. To me it's just that simple.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: that1guy2110 on November 05, 2016, 10:00:05 am
BTW I totally agreed with Cox when it came to that.

Youngsta71701

Word is that Wynne currently has at least five players maybe even more playing both ways. Me personally I would want to play no more than four. One on each level. Just Win Baby!!!

RamFan06

This is what changed Lakeside defense after the White Hall game. Up until that game, the top guys played one way. After that loss, the coaches decided it was time to cash everything in, best player at each position regardless of 1 way or 2. That has translated into multiple turnovers, multiple pick 6's, scoop and score and just a very stingy defense. It makes sense at this level and it obviously works.

Marblehog

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on November 04, 2016, 11:26:11 am
Heck, Magnolia's QB even plays safety. Batesville's QB played safety in 2013. I believe his last name was Crawford.
Just a couple of examples...
Our best defensive player didn't even play a down of defense this year and we're not going to the playoffs as a result. Makes sense don't it.

Chris Hargraves is his name. One of the best linebackers in the state didn't even play a down at linebacker this year. Or safety for that matter. SMH...
Time to bring out the round ball.
That s truly embarrassing that Hargraves didnt play a down of defense.  WOW.  WTH?  He was the best LB in the 5a South last year.

Marblehog

I will have to disagree with you though that you still have the Jimmy and the Joes.  I just don't see it anymore.  They used to have freaks everywhere including freak lineman.  The only true freaks I saw from this years team was Hargraves and No.4 both small D1 type players probably.  There are zero college lineman.  Honestly I can't see Camden winning more than a few games a year for the next few years. 

Youngsta71701

November 09, 2016, 01:22:02 pm #10 Last Edit: November 09, 2016, 01:36:07 pm by Youngsta71701
We haven't had any D1 O-linemen since Shawn Andrews. The best O-line we've had as a whole was in 2012.
We had two D-linemen from the 2007 team go play D1 ball and that was LaVunce Askew and Brian Christopher. We also had two D-linemen from the 2012 team go play D1 ball and that was McKinze James and Jordan Elliott. One went to Missouri State and the other to Army.

Other than that we haven't had very many college players on either side of the line. We always had some solid players that were coachable. We have good skill players every year.

The Bever twins both went to SAU Magnolia. They were a part of the 2012 O-line.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Marblehog on November 09, 2016, 01:06:31 pm
I will have to disagree with you though that you still have the Jimmy and the Joes.  I just don't see it anymore.  They used to have freaks everywhere including freak lineman.  The only true freaks I saw from this years team was Hargraves and No.4 both small D1 type players probably.  There are zero college lineman.  Honestly I can't see Camden winning more than a few games a year for the next few years.
This statement is the very reason your best players have to play both ways sometimes. We don't have nearly the type of depth we used too.

Look A Here

Do you think it has anything to do with the fact that the previous coach did nothing to improve the kids he had.  I've heard they didn't do anything in the off-season from January-May. For two years that will cripple a program, no matter how much talent you have.  Football is a year round sport, and the teams that are good year in and year out, know this.  I know it takes players to win, but it takes coaches preparing and training kids year round to become dominate and competitive. 

Youngsta71701

November 10, 2016, 09:54:16 am #13 Last Edit: November 10, 2016, 10:39:30 am by Youngsta71701
Quote from: Look A Here on November 10, 2016, 08:09:23 am
Do you think it has anything to do with the fact that the previous coach did nothing to improve the kids he had.  I've heard they didn't do anything in the off-season from January-May. For two years that will cripple a program, no matter how much talent you have.  Football is a year round sport, and the teams that are good year in and year out, know this.  I know it takes players to win, but it takes coaches preparing and training kids year round to become dominate and competitive.
This is exactly what happened. Most kids can be developed into good football players if they have the drive and the right coach to push them.

dolemite

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on November 09, 2016, 01:22:02 pm
We haven't had any D1 O-linemen since Shawn Andrews. The best O-line we've had as a whole was in 2012.
We had two D-linemen from the 2007 team go play D1 ball and that was LaVunce Askew and Brian Christopher. We also had two D-linemen from the 2012 team go play D1 ball and that was McKinze James and Jordan Elliott. One went to Missouri State and the other to Army.

Other than that we haven't had very many college players on either side of the line. We always had some solid players that were coachable. We have good skill players every year.

The Bever twins both went to SAU Magnolia. They were a part of the 2012 O-line.

One of the best OL we ever had (Orlando Anderson 2010) didnt even play college ball. 

dolemite

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on November 09, 2016, 01:25:00 pm
This statement is the very reason your best players have to play both ways sometimes. We don't have nearly the type of depth we used too.
Totally agree.  Had we have used some offensive players on defense for key 3rd down situations against Lakeside, White Hall, Hot Springs and Chapel we (might) be a 1 seed in the playoffs instead of sitting at home.  We had several times in those games where the opponent had 3rd and long and we gave up yards for a first down.  Not saying we would have won but had we gotten those stops the outcomes could have been different.

Overdahill

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on November 10, 2016, 09:54:16 am
This is exactly what happened. Most kids can be developed into good football players if they have the drive and the right coach to push them.

this is very true at the HS level

The A-Team

Quote from: Look A Here on November 10, 2016, 08:09:23 am
[/quote That has a lot to do with it. Those kids had little or no weight room work. The off-season was a joke. Those kids wasn't prepared at all. I think if Monden had been there right after the season it would have been different. At least as far as preparation for the next season. I've talked to some of the kids within the last week and their working like maniacs in the weight room.

Look A Here

I'm willing to bet that you will see a much more physical and conditioned team next year.  The may not be the biggest, but the product you will see on the field will be exciting and prepared.  My nephew played at
El Dorado, he tells me Monden was a energetic, enthusiastic coach that demand effort and hard work from them. Combine that with potential talent in the school, and you've got something special. 

spongebob

Quote from: Look A Here on November 11, 2016, 09:10:51 am
I'm willing to bet that you will see a much more physical and conditioned team next year.  The may not be the biggest, but the product you will see on the field will be exciting and prepared.  My nephew played at
El Dorado, he tells me Monden was a energetic, enthusiastic coach that demand effort and hard work from them. Combine that with potential talent in the school, and you've got something special.
Wow where did I hear this before? Oh yeah
The summer of 2014. Heard exact same statement. Here's to hoping I'm not hearing it again in 2018

Look A Here

Quote from: spongebob on November 11, 2016, 09:21:35 am
Wow where did I hear this before? Oh yeah
The summer of 2014. Heard exact same statement. Here's to hoping I'm not hearing it again in 2018
You heard that Monden was going to make them better?  Pretty sure he was still in El Dorado :P

Marblehog

Quote from: Look A Here on November 11, 2016, 09:10:51 am
Problem is there just isnt much talent.  What talent Camden does have looks to be graduating.  Just my observations from seeing a few games.  Seen both JH and SH

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Marblehog on November 11, 2016, 10:50:40 am
Problem is there just isnt much talent.  What talent Camden does have looks to be graduating.  Just my observations from seeing a few games.  Seen both JH and SH
The kids that are in the 8th grade now will be our next great class. If they stay together...

spongebob

November 11, 2016, 02:06:48 pm #23 Last Edit: November 11, 2016, 02:09:20 pm by spongebob
Quote from: Look A Here on November 11, 2016, 10:35:32 am
You heard that Monden was going to make them better?  Pretty sure he was still in El Dorado :P
Nope. Just another prognosticator telling anyone who would listen that the staff that came along after Buck was a can't miss coaching staff who knew all about the playoffs, state championship games and being the ultimate players coach. He and staff depart less than 2 years later for whatever reason

Youngsta71701

Quote from: spongebob on November 11, 2016, 02:06:48 pm
Nope. Just another prognosticator telling anyone who would listen that the staff that came along after Buck was a can't miss coaching staff who knew all about the playoffs, state championship games and being the ultimate players coach. He and staff depart less than 2 years later for whatever reason
"They wasn't ready They wasn't ready" In my Kevin Hart voice...lol

Youngsta71701

Randy

wildboy44

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on November 20, 2016, 04:31:14 pm
How bout them Bryant Hornets!!!!!
I think I will be going to NLR Friday night. They will have to play the best game of there life to beat them. If anyone can get the kids ready its Buck, Hooks and DB.

Grond

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on November 03, 2016, 12:13:11 pm
In my opinion this is what we need to do at Camden Fairview to make Camden Fairview football good again. Even the bigger schools in Texas do this and the best teams in Arkansas football do this as well. As a matter of fact the traditional powerhouse schools in whatever state you go to do this. What makes Camden so much better that we can't, won't, or just don't do this in Camden. Not to mention we are a much smaller school now than we once were when it comes to enrollment. We don't have as many GOOD options or as much depth as we used too. Our coaches and athletic directors have to realize this before we can truly get back to the top. People of Camden we have plenty enough Jimmy's and Joe's to be a good team this year and most years.

No more playing one way and hoping for the best. The best players at each position need to be out there on the field regardless of their primary position. Most of them have been doing it since Pee Wee football anyways so they should be used to it by the time they get to High School. That's the difference between winning programs and participation trophy programs. Especially amongst your smaller schools. And rather we like it or not people of Camden. We are rapidly becoming a smaller school.

I am from northeast Arkansas, at a 5A school where the head coaches philosophy was: 'Play the best 11 on Offense and Defense."

In my opinion, you can get away with playing guys both ways in 5A some, but you still need to figure a way to get the guys off the field from time to time. A tired Talented Player will struggle against a fresh Average Player, especially late in the 3rd quarter.

Obviously, 2A & 3A schools MUST play a lot of guys both ways. It works as long as both sides are tired. But when a tired athlete competes against a fresh opponent, it seems he pushes himself until injury.

Youngsta71701

November 22, 2016, 05:17:59 am #29 Last Edit: November 23, 2016, 05:47:41 am by Youngsta71701
Quote from: Grond on November 21, 2016, 12:15:56 pm
I am from northeast Arkansas, at a 5A school where the head coaches philosophy was: 'Play the best 11 on Offense and Defense."

In my opinion, you can get away with playing guys both ways in 5A some, but you still need to figure a way to get the guys off the field from time to time. A tired Talented Player will struggle against a fresh Average Player, especially late in the 3rd quarter.

Obviously, 2A & 3A schools MUST play a lot of guys both ways. It works as long as both sides are tired. But when a tired athlete competes against a fresh opponent, it seems he pushes himself until injury.
You can at least have your best two athletes playing safety in critical situations like 3rd or 4th down, inside the 10, or simply when you need a stop.

The A-Team

Pat Swilling

Pat Swilling

Youngsta71701

Quote from: The A-Team on November 29, 2016, 08:03:59 pm
I hear that the OC is out the door.
Is he leaving on his own accord or is he being forced out?

Cardinal fan

I looked into his past coaching jobs earlier this year and what I found was he has been at 20 different schools in 22yrs. And serveral players told me that he would talk really nasty to them during practice. I know kids tend to stretch the truth sometimes but this come from players that I have no doubt that they are telling the truth plus he also got into a screaming match with another coach on the sideline during a JV game at the end of the year while coach Monden was out of town taken care of thing due to his mother passing away

The A-Team

Quote from: Cardinal fan on November 30, 2016, 03:07:31 pm
I looked into his past coaching jobs earlier this year and what I found was he has been at 20 different schools in 22yrs. And serveral players told me that he would talk really nasty to them during practice. I know kids tend to stretch the truth sometimes but this come from players that I have no doubt that they are telling the truth plus he also got into a screaming match with another coach on the sideline during a JV game at the end of the year while coach Monden was out of town taken care of thing due to his mother passing away
All of what you said is are true statements. I witnessed some of this.

Cardinal fan

I have talked to coach Monden serveral time and I know this year didn't go as they hoped it would but he is very motivated and serious about turning this football program around. But as far as the OC coach Scott I wouldn't want him coaching my pee-wee team. I know for a fact that he told a couple senior in practice 1 day that they sucked so bad They should just turn their stuff in and quit and I'm not talking about kids that had never set foot on a field. These were legiment players. I don't care what level of any sport u coach there is no call for that and it makes the rest of the staff look bad. But if he has been at 20 schools in 22yrs obviously this man has a problem

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: Cardinal fan on December 02, 2016, 03:28:57 pm
I have talked to coach Monden serveral time and I know this year didn't go as they hoped it would but he is very motivated and serious about turning this football program around. But as far as the OC coach Scott I wouldn't want him coaching my pee-wee team. I know for a fact that he told a couple senior in practice 1 day that they sucked so bad They should just turn their stuff in and quit and I'm not talking about kids that had never set foot on a field. These were legiment players. I don't care what level of any sport u coach there is no call for that and it makes the rest of the staff look bad. But if he has been at 20 schools in 22yrs obviously this man has a problem

Yeah, that's a pretty big red flag.  What I don't understand is how an administration can hire someone who jumps around that often.  There's either a problem with loyalty or performance, and any school doing the hiring should be able to see that after at least the 5th or 6th stop.  I don't think Coach Register or Coach Dawson have that many schools between the two of them.

razorcardsfan11

They will be alright. Give this coach some time to get a workout program and build this team up. I mean look at what coach James did and he didn't make the playoffs his first year. Give it time and I agree with playing both ways, we just ain't got the talent we used too. Btw is it true Fairview is getting turf next year? I just heard they was and idk if I wanna believe it or not

The A-Team

Quote from: razorcardsfan11 on December 02, 2016, 11:13:15 pm
They will be alright. Give this coach some time to get a workout program and build this team up. I mean look at what coach James did and he didn't make the playoffs his first year. Give it time and I agree with playing both ways, we just ain't got the talent we used too. Btw is it true Fairview is getting turf next year? I just heard they was and idk if I wanna believe it or not
Yes it's true.

Temprees

Quote from: Cardinal fan on December 02, 2016, 03:28:57 pm
If he had been at 20 schools in 22 years, then we never should have hired him in the first place. 

Youngsta71701

Quote from: Temprees on December 03, 2016, 05:36:16 pm
If he had been at 20 schools in 22 years, then we never should have hired him in the first place.
There you go. The people over the athletic department are pathetic. They ran off the best coach and assistant AD in program history and now they look even more lost as a result. If it ain't broke don't try to fix it! Hopefully they have learned their lesson now and stop running our athletic program into the ground. We went from a powerhouse athletic program to an embarrassment just like that.

purpleswag

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on December 05, 2016, 06:53:21 am
There you go. The people over the athletic department are pathetic. They ran off the best coach and assistant AD in program history and now they look even more lost as a result. If it ain't broke don't try to fix it! Hopefully they have learned their lesson now and stop running our athletic program into the ground. We went from a powerhouse athletic program to an embarrassment just like that.

Is it the AD that's running people off or principal? Or both?

Jerry

Cardinal fan

I haven't heard anything about Monden leaving. Last time we talked he was planning for next year. I pray that he hasn't changed his mind. IMO he just needs to surround his self with better assistants espeacialy the OC coach Scott. That guy has serious problem with the way he conducts his self around these young men. These young men around these coaches probly more than they are around their parents when practice cranks up full force and this past season Scott was putting some of the kids down instead of building them up. AND THATS A FACT. There is no place for that at any level. Monden is a awesome coach with great ideas and plans and he has some great talent coming up the next couple years and he knows this. Monden is not just
Planning for next year he is also looking toward the years coming.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: purpleswag on December 06, 2016, 05:08:52 am
Is it the AD that's running people off or principal? Or both?
It's deeper than that. It's the person that advises the AD. Advises is a nice way to put it.

Cardinal fan

I don't know how much deeper it can go than the AD cause they let him pretty much run have total control and do as he sees fit. And AD is a pretty cool layed back guy. I know the school has the school board but I doubt they know all of internal business except what they are told about. I highly doubt coach Monden is leaving. He has such a great vision of what he wants our programs to be like from the 7th grade all the way up to senior high cause he knows without building it from the ground up we will never be at the top again and that's what the problem is now cause COX didn't care about that when he was here cause he knew he wasn't goin to be here long enough

Youngsta71701

December 08, 2016, 02:14:57 pm #47 Last Edit: December 08, 2016, 02:18:33 pm by Youngsta71701
To all the people that used the Camden Fairview size excuse as the reason for our defense getting ran over and around this year I have a "Cold Hard Fact" for ya.

Pulaski Academy just won a state championship with only one kid over 200 pounds on defense. And if I'm not mistaken he was a safety. ???

Carry on then...

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: Youngsta71701 on December 08, 2016, 02:14:57 pm
To all the people that used the Camden Fairview size excuse as the reason for our defense getting ran over and around this year I have a "Cold Hard Fact" for ya.

Pulaski Academy just won a state championship with only one kid over 200 pounds on defense. And if I'm not mistaken he was a safety. ???

Carry on then...

Actually PA has a few on defense that weight #200 according to the roster, but not that much over 200 for the most part.  And I wonder about a little size inflation on the rosters of most high schools.  I remember back in my high school days, a 10 lb average was added on.

Randy

December 08, 2016, 03:28:08 pm #49 Last Edit: December 12, 2016, 09:29:35 am by Randy
Quote from: Youngsta71701 on December 08, 2016, 02:14:57 pm

Carry on then...

That's PA. They're a different breed up there. Kids are winners, they play with heart.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas