• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Little Rock McClellan Playoffs

Started by LittleRock, November 27, 2015, 09:12:30 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

LittleRock

November 27, 2015, 09:12:30 pm Last Edit: November 27, 2015, 10:01:46 pm by Coach DePriest, Elmwood Middle School
Some may disagree but Little Rock McClellan think they deserve a news headline. This time of course for a good cause this time. Man look how they really brought that Southwest Little Rock community together. I don't recall seeing that school on the news at all for any bad nonsense this year. I'm not even from Little Rock nor went to school here. Man I truly applaud them.

BigLion10

+1 McClellan definitely deserves some topics. Coach Moody has done an outstanding job there and imo should be coach of the year pulling for the lions

WPWells

+1 from me too. Mad respect for McClellan

OB11

Listening to this game...sounds like they are trying to hold Batesville off late!

MDXPHD

November 27, 2015, 10:25:51 pm #4 Last Edit: November 27, 2015, 10:30:54 pm by MDXPHD
They won 12 games since 05 and it looks like 10 this season alone. That's incredible. Congrats to McClellan.

This is what their page on FF  indicates. I don't think it's correct, but I am pretty sure they have won 2 games each of the last two seasons. So going to a 10 win season from that merits coach of the year for Moody I think.

BigLion10

Wow state finals appearance wtg Lions will be pulling for you next week. Go shock the state

PA Dad

I'm a fan of Coach Moody.  The way he turned that program around is very impressive.  Kudos to all of the McClellan players and coaches.

Red Devil Alum

Quote from: LittleRock on November 27, 2015, 09:12:30 pm
Some may disagree but Little Rock McClellan think they deserve a news headline. This time of course for a good cause this time. Man look how they really brought that Southwest Little Rock community together. I don't recall seeing that school on the news at all for any bad nonsense this year. I'm not even from Little Rock nor went to school here. Man I truly applaud them.
Great season. I went to the Pa-McClellan game this year. I didn't realize I was watching a state final preview.

Grond

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 27, 2015, 10:25:51 pm
They won 12 games since 05 and it looks like 10 this season alone. That's incredible. Congrats to McClellan.

This is what their page on FF  indicates. I don't think it's correct, but I am pretty sure they have won 2 games each of the last two seasons. So going to a 10 win season from that merits coach of the year for Moody I think.

Shows what a good coach can accomplish.  8)

4thandgoal

Quote from: Grond on November 28, 2015, 11:37:01 am
Quote from: MDXPHD on November 27, 2015, 10:25:51 pm

Shows what a good coach can accomplish.  8)

Yep,  the hooten boys had you guys at #21 at the beginning of the year, but look at LRM now. Congrats!!!!

Bondfan4ever

In my opinion, Coach Moody deserves to be named 5A Coach of the Year.  No disrespect to Coach Weaver at LR Christian, but what Coach Moody has done in 3 seasons is incredible!!  I hope that the Lion fans/parents/alumni show up en masse at War Memorial next Friday night.

PA Dad

Quote from: Bondfan4ever on November 28, 2015, 12:10:42 pm
In my opinion, Coach Moody deserves to be named 5A Coach of the Year.  No disrespect to Coach Weaver at LR Christian, but what Coach Moody has done in 3 seasons is incredible!!  I hope that the Lion fans/parents/alumni show up en masse at War Memorial next Friday night.

I agree with all you say.  I really hope to see a big crowd Friday night.

NEASPORTSFAN

McClellan has had an incredible run, but they lose by 50 on friday.

PA Dad

Quote from: phstiger on November 29, 2015, 11:07:34 pm
McClellan has had an incredible run, but they lose by 50 on friday.

I can just about guarantee that won't happen.  Even if PA wins easily (and that's a big if), Kelley will not run up the score.  He has never done that.

RamFan06

I agree. They are a very well coached team and deserve to be at WMS. I will be making the trip to WMS to hopefully see an upset. Sorry PADAD but would love to see them pull it out. 

PA Dad

Quote from: RamFan06 on November 30, 2015, 08:52:01 am

I agree. They are a very well coached team and deserve to be at WMS. I will be making the trip to WMS to hopefully see an upset. Sorry PADAD but would love to see them pull it out.

No need to be sorry.  It's human nature to pull for the underdog.  I do it when PA is not involved.  And, if LRM wins, you can claim that at least you are No. 2 in the state since the only team that beat you won it all in the playoffs!

Chief_Osceola™

I want McClellan to stay relevant too.  Public/magnet school football in LR has been abysmal lately, with the exception of Robinson, and hopefully this will cause some of the other schools to up their level of play.  In my opinion, it's better for the state when the Little Rock schools are competitive.

PA Dad

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on November 30, 2015, 11:42:29 am
I want McClellan to stay relevant too.  Public/magnet school football in LR has been abysmal lately, with the exception of Robinson, and hopefully this will cause some of the other schools to up their level of play.  In my opinion, it's better for the state when the Little Rock schools are competitive.

I agree.  I hope Parkview is competitive next year.

BigLion10

Central was the team to beat in the early 2000s idk what happened since then they've completely fell flat on there face

Overdahill

Quote from: BigLion10 on November 30, 2015, 03:22:39 pm
Central was the team to beat in the early 2000s idk what happened since then they've completely fell flat on there face

they went 10-0 in regular season as late as 2004 I believe

BigLion10

They won a few titles in a row between 2000-2004 I believe

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas