• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Favorite posters

Started by PA Dad, November 26, 2015, 02:34:32 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PA Dad

It's Thanksgiving and I'm going to stuff my face in a little while. 

I'm thankful for this board and the discussions we have here.  I thought it would be fun to list my favorite posters in categories I create.  Feel free to create your own categories.

Here's mine:

Overall football knowledge and thoughtful analysis:  Almatrackster.
Game analysis and particularly line play:  Grond
Smack talk:  IYG and PB.
Baiting:  MDXPHD
Trolling:  4thandgoal
Batesville:  Intelligencia
Graphics:  GoPostal
Knowledge of PA football history:  Maynard

I may add more later.  But, truth is, I enjoy reading the posts of 97% of the posters on this board.  (I did the math and figured this out!)

Happy Thanksgiving!

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: PA Dad on November 26, 2015, 02:34:32 pm

I'm thankful for this board and the discussions we have here.  I thought it would be fun to list my favorite posters in categories I create.  Feel free to create your own categories.

Here's mine:

I may add more later.  But, truth is, I enjoy reading the posts of 97% of the posters on this board.  (I did the math and figured this out!)

Happy Thanksgiving!

I am honored and humbled, but suspect the turkey has gone your head!

The Future

November 26, 2015, 03:22:41 pm #2 Last Edit: November 26, 2015, 03:24:19 pm by The Future
This is a great thread. Nice picks PADad

Tmycjy has to be in there as everyones favorite predictions expert.
Some other notables
The one you love to hate and hate to love: Steve Perry
Favorite newcomer: PA Dad I would put you here. You came in not that long ago and have made a great impact.
Original name: That chickens on fire guy lol

Theres a handful of great posters up on the 6A and 7A boards as well. Pr8hd, 7AFBFAN, gatecrasher, and Razorback Red come to mind.

Hope everyones having a very happy Turkey day. Can't wait for tomorrow night!

The Future

Grond

Here's mine:

Happy Thanksgiving!

Many thanks. I appreciate your opinion.

And I think you got the rest of the list right!  ;)

InYoGrill

November 26, 2015, 03:25:52 pm #5 Last Edit: November 26, 2015, 03:27:45 pm by InYoGrill
Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on November 26, 2015, 02:41:09 pm

Here's mine:

Happy Thanksgiving!

LOL! We have another FF Poster NERD among us.   :D :D :D

I will add that I am glad you come aboard DAD. You also add a fresh twist to the weirdos on this forum. I am sure I speak for most to say we are glad you spend some time on the forums, maybe a little too much time.  ;)

BTW- do you have a kid playing a sport currently at PA?

I look forward  to continually reading yours posts and replies. Also are you primarily a football thread guy or interested in other forums?

PA Dad

I don't know how I forgot tmycjy.  I agree on that pick.

PA Dad

November 26, 2015, 03:30:23 pm #7 Last Edit: November 26, 2015, 11:16:32 pm by PA Dad
Quote from: InYoGrill on November 26, 2015, 03:25:52 pm

Here's mine:

Happy Thanksgiving!

I will add that I am glad you come aboard DAD. You also add a fresh twist to the weirdos on this forum. I am sure I speak for most to say we are glad you spend some time on the forums, maybe a little too much time.  ;)

I look forward to you continuing to read yours posts and replies. Also are you primarily a football thread guy or interested in other forums?

I have a daughter who is a cheerleader at PA.  (PA recruited her in the second grade so she's been at PA since the 3rd grade!).

I'm a football guy.  I go to some basketball games to watch my daughter, but I'm not much interested in bb.

My wife agrees with you that I spend too much time on FF!

InYoGrill

When the Dales come back home to the West next year, the boards will be jumping with activity. They have absolutely nothing else to do in Alma but hang out on FF.  ;D

PawPAw will blow you away with his graphics. He is Posty's jedi master.

Steve Perry is a rebel, party king, and speaks his mind freely. The admin let him get away with what ever he pleases to do.

Then there are at least another dozen regulars. They are like a pack of guinea pigs high on lettuce when it comes to Dale football.  ;D

PA Dad

Quote from: InYoGrill on November 26, 2015, 03:33:19 pm
When the Dales come back home to the West next year, the boards will be jumping with activity. They have absolutely nothing else to do in Alma but hang out on FF.  ;D

PawPAw will blow you away with his graphics. He is Posty's jedi master.

Steve Perry is a rebel, party king, and speaks his mind freely. The admin let him get away with what ever he pleases to do.

Then there are at least another dozen regulars. They are like a pack of guinea pigs high on lettuce when it comes to Dale football.  ;D

The more the merrier!

I enjoy all kinds of posters.  I'm looking forward to the Alma posters.

InYoGrill

November 26, 2015, 03:39:49 pm #10 Last Edit: November 26, 2015, 03:42:14 pm by InYoGrill
Quote from: PA Dad on November 26, 2015, 03:30:23 pm
Quote from: InYoGrill on November 26, 2015, 03:25:52 pm

Here's mine:

Happy Thanksgiving!

I look forward to you continuing to read yours posts and replies. Also are you primarily a football thread guy or interested in other forums?

I have a daughter who is a cheerleader at PA.

I'm a football guy.  I go to some basketball games to watch my daughter, but I'm not much interested in bb.

My wife agrees with you that I spend too much time on FF!

My oldest played at V. He introduced me to FF his soph year. I've never been the same since. HAHA! He is finishing his 1st year at U of Miami FL physical therapy graduate program. He still gets on here to see all the posts I put on here. During his playing years he would get mad at me sometimes cause I would go berserk on Eagle game week threads with the smack talk against our opponents. LOL!

WPWells

I'm sad not to be chosen for an award

PA Dad

Quote from: 12th Man CHS on November 26, 2015, 03:41:36 pm
I'm sad not to be chosen for an award

I'll create one for you.

Saddest for not getting named a favorite poster:  12th Man CHS!

tmycjy

Quote from: The Future on November 26, 2015, 03:22:41 pm
This is a great thread. Nice picks PADad

Tmycjy has to be in there as everyones favorite predictions expert.
Some other notables
The one you love to hate and hate to love: Steve Perry
Favorite newcomer: PA Dad I would put you here. You came in not that long ago and have made a great impact.
Original name: That chickens on fire guy lol

Theres a handful of great posters up on the 6A and 7A boards as well. Pr8hd, 7AFBFAN, gatecrasher, and Razorback Red come to mind.

Hope everyones having a very happy Turkey day. Can't wait for tomorrow night!

I want to thank you for putting on the list

tmycjy

Quote from: PA Dad on November 26, 2015, 03:26:08 pm
I don't know how I forgot tmycjy.  I agree on that pick.

I also want to thank u on putting me on the list I'm also and expert on Wynne yellow jackets football also

Overdahill

A couple of my faves are AWOL: HogHead and Ghost of Rosswood CC ???

tmycjy

They I also want to thank all people who like my post

Go Postal

Thank you PA Dad for the vote but I'm basically a cut and paste poster with a big imagination.  Being 59 years old and senile helps too.  LOL!  I do some graphics with my cheap/free software on my laptop but like Grill said, Airedales Paw-Paw and also BillyJack are the masters when it comes to graphics with their expensive software.  Everyone mentioned in the above posts seems spot on but one poster that I nominate for the "Most Knowledge of Multi-sports and Conferences on fearless friday" is sevenof400.  If you have been also on the basketball, soccer, track and etc forums then you would see his work.  Truly amazing AND he is from Vilonia!  LOL, just kidding, a great knowledgeable guy in all sports.

The way IYG and PB argue, you would think that they hated each other but nothing could be further than the truth.  When they see each other at a game, they be like..

InYaGrill       pantherblue

I also can't wait until our old "West" buddies from Alma are back in the 5A especially now that 'Heck has frozen over in Alma' and they will be starting a Airedale soccer program.  I guess that I will have to show them where the soccer forum is located so that they respond to comments that myself and other multi-sports posters has to say about AIREDALE NATION SOCCER!  Heck, I can't wait until then so I'll post one now in this sport's forum...

I'm as excited as a "Airedale with a Goblin smile" that the Airedales/Airedalettes are wanting to play the Old World sport of soccer.  Just make sure that you get plenty of practice playing 6A Greenwood and 6A Siloam Springs boys/girls to learn the basics before you try to step into the 5A West Big Leagues with the Goblins/Lady Goblins! ;) :) ;D

tmycjy

Hey PA dad and the future what do people like about my pick post I'm just wonder what they see in it I'm glad they like it I just always wonder

pantherblue

Happy Thanksgiving All!!  I met one of my best friends on here several years ago.  We are great friends, golfing buddies and boating buddies.  Great post PA Dad and it was great meeting you this year as well.   

Go Postal

PA Dad, I don't know if you have "show posters signatures" on, but Paw-Paw did pantherblue, mine and other posters signatures.  He and BillyJack did those spinning helmets that IYG, PB and others use for their avatar.  For instance this is one that they did for Harrison...

If you or anyone else wants to see all the helmets that they did a couple of years ago, here is the link below...

http://www.airedalenation.com/Graphics/360Helmets/360Helmets.html

Like I said, Grand Poobah Graphic Wizards are those two.

Grond

Quote from: tmycjy on November 26, 2015, 07:56:36 pm
Hey PA dad and the future what do people like about my pick post I'm just wonder what they see in it I'm glad they like it I just always wonder

For any discussion, you need a place to START. Whether you agree or disagree with tmycjy picks, his list gives a place for us to think.

And judging by the win/loss record, tmycjy does a pretty good job.  ;)

MDXPHD

PA dad, I remember when you first got on and I reeled you in. And then the fun with PA at the beginning of this year about HP and Wynne. I'm not sure whether to take this mention as a compliment or not, but I appreciate it lol. I just like to mess with fans of other teams occasionally, but I've lightened up throughout this year. What team did PA schedule next year from out of state? I might as well get started on my research for off season trash talk.

I agree about Alma. They have some good posters and it will be fun to have them back. I wish HH and Ghost would come back. When White Hall is decent, ghost will pop back up.

Go Postal

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 26, 2015, 08:42:33 pm
PA dad, I remember when you first got on and I reeled you in. And then the fun with PA at the beginning of this year about HP and Wynne. I'm not sure whether to take this mention as a compliment or not, but I appreciate it lol. I just like to mess with fans of other teams occasionally, but I've lightened up throughout this year. What team did PA schedule next year from out of state? I might as well get started on my research for off season trash talk.

I agree about Alma. They have some good posters and it will be fun to have them back. I wish HH and Ghost would come back. When White Hall is decent, ghost will pop back up.
HogHead will probably be back on when his probation is up.  Steve Perry is probably going under another name now because I don't thing that his probation will ever be up, but here's hoping.  Another one I miss on the basketball and baseball forums is HackerHog.  His breakdown of Harrison vs whomever games was phenomenal. 

PA Dad

November 26, 2015, 09:32:53 pm #24 Last Edit: November 26, 2015, 09:55:22 pm by PA Dad
Quote from: MDXPHD on November 26, 2015, 08:42:33 pm

You reeled me in several times before I figured you out.  And, yes, I meant to compliment you.  I'm not giving you a head start on next year!

By the way, Highland Park lost in the second round of the playoffs and finished 10-2 on the year.  Not bad for a team that was way down this year!

PA Dad

Quote from: Go Postal on November 26, 2015, 07:53:30 pm
Thank you PA Dad for the vote but I'm basically a cut and paste poster with a big imagination.  Being 59 years old and senile helps too.  LOL!  I do some graphics with my cheap/free software on my laptop but like Grill said, Airedales Paw-Paw and also BillyJack are the masters when it comes to graphics with their expensive software.  Everyone mentioned in the above posts seems spot on but one poster that I nominate for the "Most Knowledge of Multi-sports and Conferences on fearless friday" is sevenof400.  If you have been also on the basketball, soccer, track and etc forums then you would see his work.  Truly amazing AND he is from Vilonia!  LOL, just kidding, a great knowledgeable guy in all sports.

The way IYG and PB argue, you would think that they hated each other but nothing could be further than the truth.  When they see each other at a game, they be like..

InYaGrill       pantherblue

I also can't wait until our old "West" buddies from Alma are back in the 5A especially now that 'Heck has frozen over in Alma' and they will be starting a Airedale soccer program.  I guess that I will have to show them where the soccer forum is located so that they respond to comments that myself and other multi-sports posters has to say about AIREDALE NATION SOCCER!  Heck, I can't wait until then so I'll post one now in this sport's forum...

I'm as excited as a "Airedale with a Goblin smile" that the Airedales/Airedalettes are wanting to play the Old World sport of soccer.  Just make sure that you get plenty of practice playing 6A Greenwood and 6A Siloam Springs boys/girls to learn the basics before you try to step into the 5A West Big Leagues with the Goblins/Lady Goblins! ;) :) ;D

The "big imagination " is the most important.  It's not necessarily the quality of the graphics that matters - it's the way the graphics make your point.  You're always spot on.

PA Dad

November 26, 2015, 09:38:43 pm #26 Last Edit: November 26, 2015, 09:42:46 pm by PA Dad

There are two things I like about your posts.  First, it's obvious that you put a lot of work and thought into your picks.  Second, your posts always display a good heart.  I think you are a treasure on this board.

PA Dad

Quote from: Go Postal on November 26, 2015, 08:34:12 pm
PA Dad, I don't know if you have "show posters signatures" on, but Paw-Paw did pantherblue, mine and other posters signatures.  He and BillyJack did those spinning helmets that IYG, PB and others use for their avatar.  For instance this is one that they did for Harrison...

If you or anyone else wants to see all the helmets that they did a couple of years ago, here is the link below...

That's dang good work.  Wish I could do that!

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: Go Postal on November 26, 2015, 08:34:12 pm

That link is neeter skeeter

InYoGrill

I feel like we all need to get together for some black Friday shopping at WalMart. What say you? We could all share a 5 footer Subway meatball sandwich and afterward sing kumbyyaw with a big group hug picture. LOL!!!

Nice sharing all. PB I don't golf or boat, what the heck????  8)

PA Dad

Quote from: InYoGrill on November 26, 2015, 10:22:44 pm

I feel like we all need to get together for some black Friday shopping at WalMart. What say you? We could all share a 5 footer Subway meatball sandwich and afterward sing kumbyyaw with a big group hug picture. LOL!!!

The singing and the hug sounds great, but I'm so stuffed I've decided I'm never gonna eat again!

The Future

Quote from: InYoGrill on November 26, 2015, 10:22:44 pm

Might need to get 2 or 3 of them.
I'm sure some of us could finish a 5footer! Lol

AT

I thank you once again for the compliments PA Dad. You are a big contributor to these boards and drive a lot of good discussion here.

I've always found myself not wanting to name favorite posters when these threads pop up because I know I'll miss some people, but hey why not.

The poster AB is actually a very close friend of mine and he's the one that got me started on FF. He used to be a huge contributor to the community but hardly posts at all now.

People who kind of made me gravitate towards the boards as a reader were RD, Uncle Ivan, Steve Perry, PFG, etc. These guys always entertained me.

When I first started posting, RATTLER43 and MHSGrad in the Track and Field threads kept me coming back until I branched out to other boards.

The 5A West posters have always been some of my favorites because of familiarity and good contributions. Harrison fans like Go Postal, HackerHog, and rjrose always gave good discussion in both football and basketball. Greenwood fans RD, Father Guido, The Future, Pr8hd all kept the Alma-Greenwood spark alive even though it's becoming harder to do. pantherblue has always held the torch for the Greenbrier fans. sevenof400 and IYG are the Vilonia stalwarts. Morrilton hasn't had much consistency with posters since I've been here.

Other posters such as C-Mac, tmycjy, HogHead, Titan Spirit, wing, spongebob, Youngsta, RamFan, and other posters kept me informed about other parts of the state.

Posters from higher classifications such as Baitshop, ricepig, BG, Billyo, Razorback Red, SardisHog have always been some of my favorites.

Lower classification posters (that sounds like I'm demeaning them but you know that's not what I mean) such as HF, 12th Man CHS, AirWarren, etc are some of my favorites from there.

My fellow Alma posters BillyJack and Paw-Paw bring a ton to the FF community and the Airedale community and words can't describe all they do.

PA Dad

You're right about missing some good posters.  I didn't mean to denigrate anyone by not mentioning them.  There are truly many good posters on this board.

The great thing about FF is that we can discuss a game we love.  And, it's good that most of us understand that it's a game - it's not life or death.

Anyway, I was just thinking about things I'm thankful for, and the fun I have on this board came to mind.  Thanks to all of you for allowing me to be part of the discussion.

WPWells

+1 trackster. All great posters

Intelligentsia

Happy Thanksgiving to my FF friends.  Just before logging in and seeing this post, I was thinking about how much I'll miss all the activity on the 5-A football board for the next few months.  Speculating about the season, sharing my pride in the Pioneer program and reading all your views, is a great pastime!!  Thanks for starting this post and mentioning me in your list, PAdad.

tmycjy

Quote from: PA Dad on November 26, 2015, 09:38:43 pm

There are two things I like about your posts.  First, it's obvious that you put a lot of work and thought into your picks.  Second, your posts always display a good heart.  I think you are a treasure on this board.

Why thank u for the that comment

InYoGrill

November 27, 2015, 07:23:15 am #37 Last Edit: November 27, 2015, 04:17:44 pm by InYoGrill
What also makes the FF board a neat thing is when we meet each other in person. On Tracksters list, I believe I have met almost half of them at either football or bball games. I look forward every season to meet new posters and re connect with older ones. When football season is done soon, I pretty much chill on the board. But I may fire up the bball west threads this season. We will see. Heck maybe even hi jack a soccer thread?? Posty?  ;D

Go Postal

Quote from: InYoGrill on November 27, 2015, 07:23:15 am

What also makes the FF board a neat thing is when we meet each other in person. On Tracksters list, I believe I have met almost half of them at either football or bball games. I look forward every season to meet new posters and re connect with older ones. When football season is done soon, I pretty much chill on the board. But I may fire up the bball west threads this season. We will season. Heck maybe even hi jack a soccer thread?? Posty?  ;D
If you do, you might first want to read my thread of Arkansas Soccer to see all of the championship team's records are in the link below.  And Yes you are reading the records correctly that 5A Harrison and 6A Searcy are tied for 1st place.  5A PA and 7A Bentonville are tied for 2nd place.

http://www.fearlessfriday.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=135409.0

sevenof400 is a wealth of knowledge in that sport also..

PrivateLesson

Quote from: Steve Perry 2.11 on November 25, 2015, 11:31:06 am
Quote from: Almatrackster on November 24, 2015, 02:12:28 pm
If Steve isn't "back" by the time Alma is back in 5A basketball, then who's going to get the Clarksville and Harrison fans all up in arms?

Pretty sure he's going to be back before this football season is over... ;D

MDXPHD

Quote from: Go Postal on November 27, 2015, 07:54:54 am
Quote from: InYoGrill on November 27, 2015, 07:23:15 am

What also makes the FF board a neat thing is when we meet each other in person. On Tracksters list, I believe I have met almost half of them at either football or bball games. I look forward every season to meet new posters and re connect with older ones. When football season is done soon, I pretty much chill on the board. But I may fire up the bball west threads this season. We will season. Heck maybe even hi jack a soccer thread?? Posty?  ;D
If you do, you might first want to read my thread of Arkansas Soccer to see all of the championship team's records are in the link below.  And Yes you are reading the records correctly that 5A Harrison and 6A Searcy are tied for 1st place.  5A PA and 7A Bentonville are tied for 2nd place.

http://www.fearlessfriday.com/yabbse/index.php?topic=135409.0

sevenof400 is a wealth of knowledge in that sport also..

Harrison girls plan on adding another this year? I think the privates from LR will be solid this season.

Dequeen is quickly closing that gap, and just on the boys side.

AirWarren

Quote from: Almatrackster on November 26, 2015, 10:58:34 pm
I thank you once again for the compliments PA Dad. You are a big contributor to these boards and drive a lot of good discussion here.

I've always found myself not wanting to name favorite posters when these threads pop up because I know I'll miss some people, but hey why not.

The poster AB is actually a very close friend of mine and he's the one that got me started on FF. He used to be a huge contributor to the community but hardly posts at all now.

People who kind of made me gravitate towards the boards as a reader were RD, Uncle Ivan, Steve Perry, PFG, etc. These guys always entertained me.

When I first started posting, RATTLER43 and MHSGrad in the Track and Field threads kept me coming back until I branched out to other boards.

The 5A West posters have always been some of my favorites because of familiarity and good contributions. Harrison fans like Go Postal, HackerHog, and rjrose always gave good discussion in both football and basketball. Greenwood fans RD, Father Guido, The Future, Pr8hd all kept the Alma-Greenwood spark alive even though it's becoming harder to do. pantherblue has always held the torch for the Greenbrier fans. sevenof400 and IYG are the Vilonia stalwarts. Morrilton hasn't had much consistency with posters since I've been here.

Other posters such as C-Mac, tmycjy, HogHead, Titan Spirit, wing, spongebob, Youngsta, RamFan, and other posters kept me informed about other parts of the state.

Posters from higher classifications such as Baitshop, ricepig, BG, Billyo, Razorback Red, SardisHog have always been some of my favorites.

Lower classification posters (that sounds like I'm demeaning them but you know that's not what I mean) such as HF, 12th Man CHS, AirWarren, etc are some of my favorites from there.

My fellow Alma posters BillyJack and Paw-Paw bring a ton to the FF community and the Airedale community and words can't describe all they do.

I would like to thank you for the recognition.

I'll keep my speech short. I want to thank God first and foremost. And lord, be with us tonight as we beat the crap out of Nashville.

Overdahill

Quote from: AirWarren on November 27, 2015, 09:39:53 am
Quote from: Almatrackster on November 26, 2015, 10:58:34 pm

I would like to thank you for the recognition.

I'll keep my speech short. I want to thank God first and foremost. And lord, be with us tonight as we beat the crap out of Nashville.

+1  :D :D

The Future

Quote from: tmycjy on November 27, 2015, 05:55:02 am

Well I couldn't have said it better myself PADad.
I always enjoy your picks tmycjy. Anytime I need a little help with mine I go check yours for advice.

Will tmycjy and the Future ever meet?
Only time will tell.....

Chief_Osceola™

tmycjy

Quote from: The Future on November 27, 2015, 10:32:01 am

I always enjoy your picks tmycjy. Anytime I need a little help with mine I go check yours for advice.

Only time will tell.....

Maybe depends on what high school team u watch can u tell what team u watch

Overdahill

Quote from: tmycjy on November 27, 2015, 11:24:01 am

Only time will tell.....

Come'on Man! Everyone knows the Future's Team ;D

tmycjy

Quote from: Overdahill on November 27, 2015, 11:28:42 am
Quote from: tmycjy on November 27, 2015, 11:24:01 am

Only time will tell.....

Come'on Man! Everyone knows the Future's Team ;D

Oh OK it was alma never saw his under quote under his user name sorry until alma back in 5 - A we may never meet

Overdahill

The Future

Greenwood is actually my cover up.

Guys I can't hold it in any more.  I try to deny it but I can't live a lie.
Everyone has their faults and I hope you all can look past mine and still accept me in the FF family.

But guys.... I'm an OU fan......

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas