• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

LRCA....."wussdom" rears its head

Started by Yellowcake, November 23, 2015, 11:31:13 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Yellowcake

LRCA is limiting the number of tickets to the game.

whatever it takes to try to gain an advantage. I hope we curb stomp them.

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: Yellowcake on November 23, 2015, 11:31:13 pm

I wonder if it has anything to do with fire code regulations or will it be a convenient explanation for the action

Lets Go

It's a outdoor venue so that kind of rules out the fire code thing. its going to be raining and the visitors stands are in the drainage ditch along hwy 10. So maybe they are trying to eliminate the number of fans that will try to take over the home side. At least the players won't be playing in knee deep mud this time. Their turf looks faster than PAs so it's probably going to be a bad night for them anyway.

Rocket23

Tickets sold is being capped 3,750 people, not including game personnel.  That is capacity with SRO.

Lets Go

I assume that is the "single room occupancy"? Wow! That's funny.

Lets Go

Probably a good thing it's a small school like PA. If it were someone like GWood. That travels well the LRC fans wouldn't get in or you would see that "SRO" grow exponentially.

pantherblue

3750 people at that football field and a lot will still be standing all game long....

oldude

November 24, 2015, 12:01:55 pm #7 Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 12:04:58 pm by oldude

"We," huh?  What's your jersey number and position, big man?

Red Devil Alum

Honestly I think it's better. Would you rather show up on Friday and be turned away? And they gave PA tickets to sell. Now how many I don't know.

Intelligentsia

The rain and cold will keep the fair weather fans at home, I doubt any they have to turn folks away.

Maynard G Krebs

The AD from LRC is at PA now selling the tickets.  $6 each at the Alex Hugg gymnasium.

Lets Go

Maynard, how are you possibly going to make the razorback game and this one too?

Maynard G Krebs

had to make a tough decision, travel 2 and 1/2 hours or 5 minutes to a game

Lets Go

I made the other one. See you at halftime if it's still a game.

The_Pioneer

JohnBarleycorn

Can tickets be purchased at LRCA this week, before Friday?

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: JohnBarleycorn on November 24, 2015, 05:10:46 pm
Can tickets be purchased at LRCA this week, before Friday?

Not sure about ar LRC, but they will be available at PA from 10-12 noon on Friday. 

JohnBarleycorn

November 24, 2015, 06:11:00 pm #17 Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 08:14:07 pm by JohnBarleycorn
What's the word on AAA passes? Pass holders need to wait until game time or can they get tickets with a pass at either PA or LRCA? Will they also close the gates to Pass holders when 3,750 is reached?

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: JohnBarleycorn on November 24, 2015, 06:11:00 pm
What's the word on AAA passes? Pass holders need to wait until game time or can they get tickets with a pass at either PA or LRCA? Will the also crap gates to Pass holders when 3,750 is reached?

I have no idea who set the number of 3750. 

DT

November 24, 2015, 07:00:29 pm #19 Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 07:31:45 pm by DT
Fire Marshal's office would be my thought.

incogneto

I have heard AAA passes are not counted in the 3750.  AAA HS coaches will be allowed on the LRCA sideline in the last post I saw. 

AirWarren

If Warren and Nashville weren't going at it, I would come to this game.

Maybe even the Maynard's of the world would let a commoner like myself sit on their side :)

Maynard G Krebs

November 24, 2015, 07:32:04 pm #22 Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 07:39:52 pm by Maynard G Krebs
Quote from: AirWarren on November 24, 2015, 07:28:47 pm

Maybe even the Maynard's of the world would let a commoner like myself sit on their side :)

I would allow you to sitteth at my right hand, but since your priorities are misguided and your attending the "other big game", please represent my proxy support for the Lumberjacks!

AirWarren

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on November 24, 2015, 07:32:04 pm
Quote from: AirWarren on November 24, 2015, 07:28:47 pm

I would allow you to sitteth at my right hand, but since your priorities are misguided and your attending the "other big game", please represent my proxy support for the Lumberjacks!

Going to be nasty. Rainy in south Arkansas.

Love some playoff football.

Lionheart88

Quote from: JohnBarleycorn on November 24, 2015, 06:11:00 pm
What's the word on AAA passes? Pass holders need to wait until game time or can they get tickets with a pass at either PA or LRCA? Will they also close the gates to Pass holders when 3,750 is reached?
I was wondering the same.

Go Postal

November 25, 2015, 08:02:39 am #25 Last Edit: November 25, 2015, 08:05:13 am by Go Postal
Possible business opportunity for Maynard?  LOL!

Good Luck to both teams and
GO WARRIORS!

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: Go Postal on November 25, 2015, 08:02:39 am
Possible business opportunity for Maynard?  LOL!

Good Luck to both teams and
GO WARRIORS!

I actually bought 250 tickets yesterday and will be posing as a Salvation Army bell ringer at the Wal Mart across the street from LRC.  When you approach me, give a wink and a nod so I will know your intent.  Exchanges will be made discreetly.  The markup on the cost is a modest 100%.  ;)

Jock

Quote from: oldude on November 24, 2015, 12:01:55 pm

"We," huh?  What's your jersey number and position, big man?

Where are u yellow cake?  If u don't have a jersey # then pls describe your "wuss" self to the "limited" crowd Friday, so we can all have a good laugh.

Lanny

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: Lanny on November 25, 2015, 07:24:44 pm
I'm thinking of attending this one

Tickets?  He don't need no stinkin' ticket!

Go Postal

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on November 25, 2015, 07:27:27 pm
Quote from: Lanny on November 25, 2015, 07:24:44 pm
I'm thinking of attending this one

Tickets?  He don't need no stinkin' ticket!
He probably won't, but have you ever wondered when you are at the back of a line and what the reason is why it is not moving.  LOL!

Yellowcake

I will be there tough guy. I will be whatever number PA posts on the scoreboard.

I am sorry LRCA rejected the offer to play the game at WMS. I understand the mommies and daddies doing all they can to try to give their little boys a competitive advantage. I don't think it will be enough, though.

Be happy it is going to be pouring rain. It will hide the tears more easily.

VHSCoach2

I can understand why LRCA didn't want to play at WMS (if that is, in fact, true).

They want to save their WMS experience for the following week...  ;D

In all seriousness, this could very well end up being the Game of the Year. It's a shame it's in the semifinals and not the State Championship Game... then, it really could have been at WMS.

Rocket23

It is true. PA did approach LRCA about moving the game to WMS, but LRCA did not want to give up their home field advantage.  When asked by LRCA if he would move the game to WMS if it was at PA, of course Kevin Kelly told them no he wouldn't give up home field advantage either.

Besides I think playing it in WMS would lessen the environment because it is so huge.  Both LRCA and the smaller capacity PA stadium make for great atmospheres when they are packed.  I just hope the rain lets up.  Thank goodness for field turf.

AirWarren

Home field advantage at LRC? That stadium doesn't hold many people at all and I wouldn't think it would be that intimidating of a place.

MDXPHD

I'm sure PA would give up home field and play somewhere else too. Yellow, stop whining about everything. Just go tare care of business Friday.

Eddie Goodson

Don't bellyache and moan when you force schools to play way up in classification and their facilities don't match the level of competition they are playing. PA would have the same issue if the game was played there.

Yellowcake

The forecast suggests the game may go off during a lull in the rain. That would be nice.

I am not whining. I don't understand limiting tickets, but it is a good excuse to gig LRCA fans. So I will take advantage of it.

It's a game ladies. Just a game. It's all in good fun.

I expect a great game. And yes, I hope WE beat LRCA like a baby seal.

Intelligentsia

Quote from: Rocket23 on November 24, 2015, 09:34:14 am
Tickets sold is being capped 3,750 people, not including game personnel.  That is capacity with SRO.

SRO - School Resource Officer? 

sevenof400

sevenof400

Just because there is a conspiracy theorist deep down in all of us......let's ponder this for a moment.

LRCA decides to cap ticket sales. 
Playoff gate money goes to AAA.

Might AAA get their shorts in a twist?  After all, that's less money AAA will get and we know how AAA salivates over money...

Also, might AAA be watching how these ticket sales are handled?  Has LRCA sold any advance tickets?  If so, have they been made available to only LRCA fans or have PA fans been given a chance to purchase as well? 

Might LRCA offer packages to new boosters - in turn for a contribution to the school, the fans gets free admission to the playoff game (and thus, that money does not end up in/at AAA)? 

All of this is conjecture (obviously) but it wouldn't stretch reality too far now would it? 

PA Dad

Quote from: sevenof400 on November 26, 2015, 11:30:02 am
Just because there is a conspiracy theorist deep down in all of us......let's ponder this for a moment.

LRCA decides to cap ticket sales. 
Playoff gate money goes to AAA.

Might AAA get their shorts in a twist?  After all, that's less money AAA will get and we know how AAA salivates over money...

Also, might AAA be watching how these ticket sales are handled?  Has LRCA sold any advance tickets?  If so, have they been made available to only LRCA fans or have PA fans been given a chance to purchase as well? 

Might LRCA offer packages to new boosters - in turn for a contribution to the school, the fans gets free admission to the playoff game (and thus, that money does not end up in/at AAA)? 

All of this is conjecture (obviously) but it wouldn't stretch reality too far now would it?

PA fans have been allowed to purchase tickets.  LRC folks came to PA twice this week to sell tickets.

Eddie Goodson

Quote from: Yellowcake on November 26, 2015, 10:42:03 am
The forecast suggests the game may go off during a lull in the rain. That would be nice.

I am not whining. I don't understand limiting tickets, but it is a good excuse to gig LRCA fans. So I will take advantage of it.

It's a game ladies. Just a game. It's all in good fun.

I expect a great game. And yes, I hope WE beat LRCA like a baby seal.
This is not the first time there has been this issue at LRCA. Ran into the same problem a few years back when PA played Micheal Dyer and LRCA and ESPN broadcast the game.

Intelligentsia

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: Intelligentsia on November 26, 2015, 12:52:52 pm
Quote from: sevenof400 on November 26, 2015, 11:21:57 am
standing room only

So it's a cap put on attendance by the city?

that's the big question.  don't know if it is capped by city regulations or what.

Eddie Goodson

No one will ever make me believe a fire marshal can limit the number of people at an outdoor event. You can have an outdoor concert at WMS, fill the stands, AND fill the field surface with people with no problems. You're going to try and tell me a fire marshal says you can't pack the two sides of a field with people? I do not buy it. I would have to be shown IN LAW by someone higher up the chain than that fire marshal that they have legal authority to do it.

InYoGrill

November 26, 2015, 02:21:23 pm #47 Last Edit: November 26, 2015, 02:26:27 pm by InYoGrill
Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on November 26, 2015, 01:47:09 pm
Quote from: Intelligentsia on November 26, 2015, 12:52:52 pm
Quote from: sevenof400 on November 26, 2015, 11:21:57 am
standing room only

So it's a cap put on attendance by the city?

that's the big question.  don't know if it is capped by city regulations or what.

The excitement of this game happening this week is electrifying. For most of the season these have been the top 2 ranked teams. Both private and both in LR. Too bad the weather is going to soften the spectator part of it to some degree. If this was a nice dry evening, it could have the possibility of drawing 5000 easy imo.  I would love to watch this game but I have to work some tomorrow and driving from Conway to be in the rain would be a factor but ultimately its the "cap" on attendance that will keep some of us away. Wish the AAA would use a place like Quigley where they could play. I mean that in a larger stadium (15K) but not too large like WMS. A packed house on both side with both bands, cameras, reporters, the playoffs BABY!!

Lionheart88

Quote from: AirWarren on November 26, 2015, 09:44:20 am
Home field advantage at LRC? That stadium doesn't hold many people at all and I wouldn't think it would be that intimidating of a place.
Home field is as much about the normal routine, getting dressed in your own locker room, not taking a bus to the game, etc as it is about crowd noise.  Probably moreso in high school.

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on November 26, 2015, 02:12:35 pm
No one will ever make me believe a fire marshal can limit the number of people at an outdoor event. You can have an outdoor concert at WMS, fill the stands, AND fill the field surface with people with no problems. You're going to try and tell me a fire marshal says you can't pack the two sides of a field with people? I do not buy it. I would have to be shown IN LAW by someone higher up the chain than that fire marshal that they have legal authority to do it.
You know that every stadium in the world has a maximum capacity, right?  I'm sure LSU could sell 150,000 tickets to Death Valley for certain marquee matchups, but the capacity is 102,351.  Most they've ever had there for a game?  102,351.  Why would LRCA oversell the capacity of their stadium?

Eddie Goodson

Quote from: Lionheart88 on November 26, 2015, 02:27:47 pm
Quote from: AirWarren on November 26, 2015, 09:44:20 am
Home field is as much about the normal routine, getting dressed in your own locker room, not taking a bus to the game, etc as it is about crowd noise.  Probably moreso in high school.

Quote from: Eddie Goodson on November 26, 2015, 02:12:35 pm
You know that every stadium in the world has a maximum capacity, right?  I'm sure LSU could sell 150,000 tickets to Death Valley for certain marquee matchups, but the capacity is 102,351.  Most they've ever had there for a game?  102,351.  Why would LRCA oversell the capacity of their stadium?
That is a seating capacity. Stadiums all across north Louisiana oversell their seating capacity every week. I am addressing the notion that the fire marshal has any control of an outdoor event. What is going to happen? A grass fire?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas