• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

McClellan at Batesville

Started by PA Dad, November 20, 2015, 11:53:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Intelligentsia

Quote from: C-Mac 73 on November 22, 2015, 09:28:22 pm
Quote from: the voice on November 21, 2015, 01:29:59 pm
Quote from: Intelligentsia on November 21, 2015, 10:46:00 am
I don't recall the last time Batesville had the opportunity to play a Semi-final game at Pioneer Stadium, so the title of this thread is sweet - McClellan AT Batesville:-). Win or lose, it should be a good game and the post-game drive home will be nice and short!!

2004 I think , Morrilton played there and then faced greenwood in title game the next week

In 2011, Batesville beat White Hall at home in the semis. In 2010, Greenwood beat a 12-0 Batesville team at home, 38-13. I remember that one pretty well.

O.K., C-mac, my memory is not so good anymore.  I was there for both games, though I've tried to block Greenwood from my memory!!

Go Postal

Quote from: Intelligentsia on November 22, 2015, 09:39:59 pm
I don't recall the last time Batesville had the opportunity to play a Semi-final game at Pioneer Stadium, so the title of this thread is sweet - McClellan AT Batesville:-). Win or lose, it should be a good game and the post-game drive home will be nice and short!!

2004 I think , Morrilton played there and then faced greenwood in title game the next week

In 2011, Batesville beat White Hall at home in the semis. In 2010, Greenwood beat a 12-0 Batesville team at home, 38-13. I remember that one pretty well.

O.K., C-mac, my memory is not so good anymore.  I was there for both games, though I've tried to block Greenwood from my memory!!
The bad thing is that the 5A might have them back one day.  Shoot, we get Alma back again next cycle.  Probably see both of those mutts eventually once again. 

PA Dad

Quote from: Go Postal on November 22, 2015, 09:54:57 pm
Quote from: Intelligentsia on November 22, 2015, 09:39:59 pm

The bad thing is that the 5A might have them back one day.  Shoot, we get Alma back again next cycle.  Probably see both of those mutts eventually once again.

I'd love to see them back in 5A.  GW was in some epic 5A games.

Wonderdog

I am inclined to feel that McClellan certainly should be proud of their season. Despite what fans of more successful programs may think, McClellan has made some serious strides in the last 12 months. The Central, deservingly so, was dubbed the weakest conference in 5A, but I do not believe that has been the case for the 2014 and 2015 seasons. At this point if you use logic, the Central no longer deserves that distinction. McClellan, along with a few other LR public schools have been below average for a while. The hard work they put in this past offseason is showing currently. Congrats McClellan. That being said, the pioneers should squeak out a win and advance to their recent home away from home stadium in LR.

Pit Bull

Great Job McClellan, way to go Coach Moody.... Roar Lions and shut these whining critics up on here complaining talking about you only beat us by 1 or 2 points sound like some THEE Cats.... Who cares if the got crummy facilities, you got dressed didn't you? Excuses, excuses, the truth is Coach Moody Wins wherever he goes, Why, cause he's teaches his kids to take pride in themselves and their athletics... Sounds like some people are really made because McClellan is no longer a doormat. Go Lions....

RamFan06

If Batesville can stop the run they win, simple as that. If #5 or #3 gets through the first level, they are gone. You also have to watch the QB #2 and #11, all of them are fast and smart runners. McClellan has a huge line but they dont block well. They make their living on the edge, get to the outside, beat the DE and LB and they are gone. The other thing you have to deal with when playing McClellan is playing after the whistle. They like to try and intimidate their opponent with hits after the whistle and very "physical" play. If Batesville can give it back to them, and control their emotions to avoid the retaliation personal foul penalties, things should go their way. McClellan's d-line and linebackers are big and fairly fast, but undisciplined and they blitz almost every play. Throw the ball into their inexperienced secondary.

Batesville wins this one by 14.

the voice

Quote from: Pit Bull on November 23, 2015, 02:59:40 pm
Great Job McClellan, way to go Coach Moody.... Roar Lions and shut these whining critics up on here complaining talking about you only beat us by 1 or 2 points sound like some THEE Cats.... Who cares if the got crummy facilities, you got dressed didn't you? Excuses, excuses, the truth is Coach Moody Wins wherever he goes, Why, cause he's teaches his kids to take pride in themselves and their athletics... Sounds like some people are really made because McClellan is no longer a doormat. Go Lions....

I agree that they have had a good year and he has done a good job.. it appears perhaps some of his players (probably without him knowing) have been on here and have started much of the things of which you speak. Most are in agreement its been a good turn around for the program there. I for one credited them for being a good team. Yes there are things IMO that could catch up to them and end their season, but that could be said of any team. When people start talking about how good they are one can expect criticism to follow. I didn't offer any excuse as to why they beat my team, it was fact, two unforced errors which LRM had no impact on insured the victory. It was a close hard fought game, they made the plays when they had to in order to win it. As I offered up ,congrats,, but saying they were a good team wasn't enough for some posters,

Again I will agree with what another wrote, win or lose Friday this was a successful season for LRM.

new2karting

I've seen both Maurice Moody and Dave King's teams up close and personal, and this should be an impressive match up.  I think the speed and physicality of McClellan favors their game plan if they can establish the run early and keep the ball out of Batesville's hands at the end, however, the home town crowd, and special teams of Batesville could be a factor in determining the final outcome.

Fasten up your seatbelts and hold on as this one will have 80+ points and over 600 yards offense.

Best of luck to both schools!

PA Dad

Quote from: new2karting on November 23, 2015, 07:36:22 pm
I've seen both Maurice Moody and Dave King's teams up close and personal, and this should be an impressive match up.  I think the speed and physicality of McClellan favors their game plan if they can establish the run early and keep the ball out of Batesville's hands at the end, however, the home town crowd, and special teams of Batesville could be a factor in determining the final outcome.

Fasten up your seatbelts and hold on as this one will have 80+ points and over 600 yards offense.

Best of luck to both schools!

I agree with 600+ yards of offense.  But, I doubt that we see 80+ points.  Batesville usually mounts long drives which eats the clock and slows the game.  I think we are more likely to see a game with both teams scoring in the 30's or maybe even in the high 20's.

the voice

I think he means combined for 80 plus. I think for batesville to win it'll need to score quickly some. Otherwise swapping touchdowns will play their style and allow them to run as well.

PA Dad

Quote from: the voice on November 23, 2015, 09:58:19 pm
I think he means combined for 80 plus. I think for batesville to win it'll need to score quickly some. Otherwise swapping touchdowns will play their style and allow them to run as well.

I understand.  But, it's unusual for Batesville to be in a high scoring game.  I think the total points will be in the 60's.  If it's in the 80's I think Batesville will have trouble winning.

Rocko1493

Batesville other than against Blythville has had little trouble stopping the run.  Last week Greenbrier was all out pass .  They had little to no success running.  The qb made a few yards on scrambles.  Batesville heavy blitz attacks very impressive.  Batesville wins this by two touchdowns.

AT

Are you gonna stay with us?

1936hog

Im gonna say that Batesville can keep McClellan bottled up enough to move onto the finals. I think Batesville will come well prepared.

Youngsta71701

Quote from: PA Dad on November 20, 2015, 11:53:20 pm
Maybe the "one team Central" has been put to rest.  I usually hate to brag, but the Central has proved this year that it is as strong as any other conference.

Yeah, for this year.

Jimmy1995

November 24, 2015, 10:55:04 am #65 Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 06:23:42 pm by Jimmy1995
Batesville lost to Blytheville. Blytheville lost to Hope. Hope lost to Lakeside. McClellan beat Lakeside by two touchdowns. I say McClellan squeaks by and on to WMS

MDXPHD

Quote from: Jimmy1995 on November 24, 2015, 10:55:04 am
Batesville lost to Blytheville. Blytheville lost to Hope. Hope lost to Lakeside. McClellan best Lakeside by two touchdowns. I say McClellan squeaks by and on to WMS

Flawless evaluation of both teams. I say this is 100 percent accurate. Sorry Pioneer fans.

Rampage72501

Quote from: Jimmy1995 on November 24, 2015, 10:55:04 am
Batesville lost to Blytheville. Blytheville lost to Hope. Hope lost to Lakeside. McClellan best Lakeside by two touchdowns. I say McClellan squeaks by and on to WMS

McClellan lost to Bryant by 19.  Bryant beat Alma by 3.  Alma is 16 points better than McClellan.

Alma lost to Jonesboro by 7.  Batesville lost to Jonesboro by 7.  Batesville and Alma are equal.

If Alma is 16 points better than McClellan and Batesville is the same as Alma...

ImHogginIt

Will Batesville's running back Kylan Robinson be available against McClellan ? I know he didn't play against Greenbrier. Kid is difference maker.

ImHogginIt

Why does the Fearless Friday Scoreboard show Batesville as away team ?

oleBlackAndOrange

Only 1 Little Rock team will be advancing to War Memorial.. Pioneers win again Friday night.

Go Postal

Kolsher

we'll throw out all the week long hype both teams will show u too perform tonight and only they will decide the outcome not the critics so let's go lions and let's go pioneers 😜my pic is 27-23 lions win upset much ik lol they just hate too see Lrm picked too win

Intelligentsia

November 27, 2015, 11:30:09 am #73 Last Edit: November 27, 2015, 01:12:44 pm by Intelligentsia
 8)
Quote from: Kolsher on November 27, 2015, 11:15:24 am
we'll throw out all the week long hype both teams will show u too perform tonight and only they will decide the outcome not the critics so let's go lions and let's go pioneers 😜my pic is 27-23 lions win upset much ik lol they just hate too see Lrm picked too win

No upsets in the Semis this year - all four teams are capable of winning.  The teams with the least number of unforced mistakes/turnovers, will meet next week at War Memorial.

Overdahill

Quote from: Kolsher on November 27, 2015, 11:15:24 am

Will the Lions roar? Only time will tell.........

Maynard G Krebs

Nice article in Dem-Gaz today about the Lion program.

LittleRock

I think this will be a shootout.

Go Postal

MDXPHD

Batesville fumble inside the 10, McClellan recovered. Still 8-0 in the second.

Intelligentsia

Power is out in Pioneer Stadium with around 4:30 remaining with the Pioneers trailing 14-9.  McClellan has the ball around midfield with no timeouts.  And then .... The lights go off, the boys are sent to their dressing rooms and I'm sitting here in the dark under my big-ol' Pioneer umbrella updating my fine, Fearless Friday friends :). I heard a whistle blow and everyone appears to be leaving:).  Guess I'll update you when I know more.

spongebob

Quote from: Intelligentsia on November 27, 2015, 09:37:32 pm
Power is out in Pioneer Stadium with around 4:30 remaining with the Pioneers trailing 14-9.  McClellan has the ball around midfield with no timeouts.  And then .... The lights go off, the boys are sent to their dressing rooms and I'm sitting here in the dark under my big-ol' Pioneer umbrella updating my fine, Fearless Friday friends :). I heard a whistle blow and everyone appears to be leaving:).  Guess I'll update you when I know more.
more conspiracy theories to follow for sure

MDXPHD

One scenario: Our budget goes for the refs, it was tight for the electricity bills this week.

Another: Watson chapel is still mad and is somehow behind this. Probably absolut.

pantherblue

Batesville pulling out all the stops for this game.  😏👍🏈

NEASPORTSFAN

Pretty scary actually. A power box exploded right outside the stadium next to the high school. Blue sparks going everywhere.

Overdahill

Quote from: spongebob on November 27, 2015, 09:39:21 pm
Quote from: Intelligentsia on November 27, 2015, 09:37:32 pm
more conspiracy theories to follow for sure

I'm starting to wonder ???

spongebob

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 27, 2015, 09:41:25 pm
One scenario: Our budget goes for the refs, it was tight for the electricity bills this week.

Another: Watson chapel is still mad and is somehow behind this. Probably absolut.

^ that's hilarious LOL

spongebob

Quote from: phstiger on November 27, 2015, 09:42:59 pm
Pretty scary actually. A power box exploded right outside the stadium next to the high school. Blue sparks going everywhere.
they are done then for tonight most likely?
that could take hours to repair

Rocko1493

The wife of Batesville head coach just posted on  the power should be on in about thirty minutes. 

Intelligentsia

Someone ran into a power pole guide wire.  I'll suspect it will be at least 10:30 before play resumes.  Power on, just now.  I'll head back to the stands.

CIA

OB11

Sorry if I missed it but is/was this game being streamed?

Rocko1493

WorkOrder

Go Postal

tmycjy

Hey is there any web cam stream of this game I want to see live video

NEASPORTSFAN

Boy it's been a crazy night, but batesville has done more bone headed plays tonight than they usually do in a season. Congrats to McClellan on punching a ticket to little rock to get beat by 50 by PA.

MDXPHD

Quote from: phstiger on November 27, 2015, 10:24:48 pm
Boy it's been a crazy night, but batesville has done more bone headed plays tonight than they usually do in a season. Congrats to McClellan on punching a ticket to little rock to get beat by 50 by PA.

They played PA closer than any other team this year when they lost by 11 earlier this season...

NEASPORTSFAN

You know everybody always wants to talk about the calls at Batesville, well what about the scoop and score tonight for the pioneers that was called back. Was clearly a fumble.

spongebob

Quote from: phstiger on November 27, 2015, 10:24:48 pm
as would Batesville

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas