• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

McClellan at Batesville

Started by PA Dad, November 20, 2015, 11:53:20 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PA Dad

McClellan did the Central proud with the win over Lakeside.  Maybe the "one team Central" has been put to rest.  I usually hate to brag, but the Central has proved this year that it is as strong as any other conference.

This is a very interesting matchup.  The precision and discipline of Batesville against the physicality and running game of McClellan.

Batesville at home in the playoffs is as tough as it gets.  But McClellan has silenced the doubters with its playoff run this year.

I wish I could be two places at once.  I'd love to see this game as well as the PA/LRC game.

Maynard G Krebs

I'm just glad McClellan doesn't have the same colors as Watson Chapel.

Sports Guru

SWAT524

Intelligentsia

Quote from: CrossettEagles14 on November 21, 2015, 08:01:33 am
McClellan shocks Batesville by 6

In the 5-A Semi-finals over the past several years, the only "shocker" is when PA loses.  This year, any one of the four teams could win.  Batesville started this season slowly, but have developed, as predicted, into a very good squad.  The home field advantage is significant, but this is still a young Pioneer team who will do quite well to beat McClellan.  The only "shocker" for this game will be a mercy rule by either team - otherwise, the team that comes up short can be proud of playing on Thanksgiving weekend.

Maynard G Krebs

November 21, 2015, 10:06:04 am #5 Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 10:12:05 am by Maynard G Krebs
Don't know how to call this one.  Batesville's has lost to Searcy, who early in the season was playing good ball and to Jonesboro who is still in 7A playoffs, and both were only one score  loses.  The biggest loss by points was to Blytheville.

McClellan's only two losses were to 7A Bryant and to PA, with their only close game since PA was to a good Morrilton team.

All said, this should be a good game.

Overdahill

I'm torn as well. I was really impressed with the line play, running game and composure of McClellan players and coaches on the road at Lakeside last night. They only struggled some in coverage and giving up big yards on kick off returns (early but they adjusted this). I liked their physicality on both sides of the ball. On the other hand, Batesville is a very tough place to play

Intelligentsia

I don't recall the last time Batesville had the opportunity to play a Semi-final game at Pioneer Stadium, so the title of this thread is sweet - McClellan AT Batesville:-). Win or lose, it should be a good game and the post-game drive home will be nice and short!!

Fballfan05

From top to bottom the central is still the weakest conference, it's just the truth.

InYoGrill

I'm still in awe that there is still a public LR team in the playoffs. It is kind of neat to tell you the truth. Good for AR high school football as well.

PA Dad

Quote from: Fballfan05 on November 21, 2015, 11:49:31 am
From top to bottom the central is still the weakest conference, it's just the truth.

I'm curious about your rationale.  Central has two teams in the semis this year and had two last year.  No other conference can match that.

The_Pioneer

His team is out of the playoffs???

the voice

Quote from: Intelligentsia on November 21, 2015, 10:46:00 am
I don't recall the last time Batesville had the opportunity to play a Semi-final game at Pioneer Stadium, so the title of this thread is sweet - McClellan AT Batesville:-). Win or lose, it should be a good game and the post-game drive home will be nice and short!!

2004 I think , Morrilton played there and then faced greenwood in title game the next week

#1jacketfan

I don't understand why people can't figure out, u can't beat Batesville at home...it's not gonna happen!

The_Pioneer

I can recall losing to Morrilton and Siloam at home. 

Fballfan05

Quote from: PA Dad on November 21, 2015, 12:15:41 pm

I'm curious about your rationale.  Central has two teams in the semis this year and had two last year.  No other conference can match that.
Once again, from top to bottom, they are the worst. Having two teams at the top of the conference who are good doesn't mean the conference as a whole is very good. The central has the most teams that are poorly coached and are undisciplined. And if it wasn't for mcclelan's RB, they would be terrible like they usually are.

Overdahill

Quote from: Fballfan05 on November 21, 2015, 02:12:33 pm

Once again, from top to bottom, they are the worst. Having two teams at the top of the conference who are good doesn't mean the conference as a whole is very good. The central has the most teams that are poorly coached and are undisciplined. And if it wasn't for mcclelan's RB, they would be terrible like they usually are.

I totally disagree. I found a lot to like about this McClellan team in addition to that outstanding RB

Fballfan05

Quote from: Overdahill on November 21, 2015, 02:16:11 pm

I totally disagree. I found a lot to like about this McClellan team in addition to that outstanding RB
surely you can't be talking about there defense, which has given up 50 to Morrilton and 37 to lakeside. I believe the RB had 4 touchdowns against Morrilton and also lakeside, so yeah I'd say he's what wins them games.

PA Dad

Well, Sylvan Hills beat the South's one seed.  Beebe beat the West two seed.  That sounds like more than one or two good teams.

Fballfan05

Quote from: PA Dad on November 21, 2015, 03:06:26 pm

Well, Sylvan Hills beat the South's one seed.  Beebe beat the West two seed.  That sounds like more than one or two good teams.
Beebe beat the west 2 seed the first game of the year, but when it mattered who won?

PA Dad

Quote from: Fballfan05 on November 21, 2015, 03:12:44 pm

Beebe beat the west 2 seed the first game of the year, but when it mattered who won?

After Beebe lost their best running back.  But you say the top teams don't matter in the playoffs.  You say the Central is weak top to bottom.  If that was true, the 3 and 4 teams from the Central wouldn't beat the 1 and 2 from other conferences.

Jimmy1995

Fballfan05 where is your team? That's all that matters that McClellan is still playing and your team isnt.

Fballfan05

Quote from: PA Dad on November 21, 2015, 03:20:23 pm
Quote from: Fballfan05 on November 21, 2015, 03:12:44 pm

After Beebe lost their best running back.  But you say the top teams don't matter in the playoffs.  You say the Central is weak top to bottom.  If that was true, the 3 and 4 teams from the Central wouldn't beat the 1 and 2 from other conferences.
clearly you don't know what top to bottom is. That would be all 8 or 7 teams in the central. From top to bottom the central is the worst coached and weakest conference there is year in and year out.

unknown51

Look #5 from McClellan is good but what about #2 #3? The sad part is McClellan offensive line never gets recognized but the other sad part is all the doubters has been getting shocked since week one regular season....majority of you all who's doubts them is because they are making noise 😂😂😂 but we will see afyer TURKEY day(🔛🔝🔜)

MDXPHD

Dang, these posters always come out of nowhere and think their team is the best. McClellan has had a good run, but it ends Friday. They struggled against teams that aren't very good and then beat some weak teams in the playoffs. The south was weak and we all knew that, so a win over Lakeside just isn't impressive. Batesville wins this game by 2 tds.

unknown51

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 21, 2015, 05:25:56 pm
Dang, these posters always come out of nowhere and think their team is the best. McClellan has had a good run, but it ends Friday. They struggled against teams that aren't very good and then beat some weak teams in the playoffs. The south was weak and we all knew that, so a win over Lakeside just isn't impressive. Batesville wins this game by 2 tds.
Who's your team? I bet they're not good you'll have been saying they were gone to take a L since 1st round but has been GIVING teams L's you're a character

Fballfan05

Quote from: unknown51 on November 21, 2015, 05:33:07 pm
Who's your team? I bet they're not good you'll have been saying they were gone to take a L since 1st round but has been GIVING teams L's you're a character
yeah you've got a lot to be proud of as a Lr mcclelan fan buddy. One winning season In who knows how many years of losing seasons. Combine that with terrible facilities and a very dismal amount of fans, Lr mcclelan is what you expect from public schools in the central conference.

incogneto

Well next season there will be PA, LRM, LRC, Sylvan Hills and Parkview in the Central.  So there's that. 

PA Dad

Quote from: incogneto on November 21, 2015, 06:25:32 pm
Well next season there will be PA, LRM, LRC, Sylvan Hills and Parkview in the Central.  So there's that.

I'd forgotten about Parkview.  It looks like there will be a lot of good competition in Central next year.

MDXPHD

I think this will be a relatively easy game for Batesville.

the voice

Quote from: unknown51 on November 21, 2015, 05:05:11 pm
Look #5 from McClellan is good but what about #2 #3? The sad part is McClellan offensive line never gets recognized but the other sad part is all the doubters has been getting shocked since week one regular season....majority of you all who's doubts them is because they are making noise 😂😂😂 but we will see afyer TURKEY day(🔛🔝🔜)

I could write a big post about LRM , the good and bad. The line didn't do anything against us. They ran out side on sweeps , up the middle was stuffed. The line is big and lazy arguing on the field with each other. You want respect earn it !!
Batesville has practiced on thanksgiving for like 6 years in a row. Quit mouthing things you don't know about. Your team won 8 games prior to this year in 6 years combined. You beat us by two points. Two unforced errors on play action plays where qb drops the ball , that don't happen you're not playing. I wasn't going to go there but it's true. We had over 400 yards of offense on you guys. Little wrs running the ball gashing  you guys , if our running backs were able to play it wouldn't have been close. Point is you won. Enjoy the run you've had. Maybe you win Friday, I doubt it and history is on my side if nothing else. Maybe you get the upset. But you're playing one of the most respected programs in the state, if you win you'll earn it , and not on this board. You can mouth off all you want , asking for respect on this board.  You aren't gonna get with one season in ten. The few LRM posters on here lately prove the point.  Most of us others have been here over ten years , enjoy your run, let others see you play and earn respect not by clamoring about what you aren't getting.

purpleswag

Quote from: the voice on November 21, 2015, 07:43:18 pm

I could write a big post about LRM , the good and bad. The line didn't do anything against us. They ran out side on sweeps , up the middle was stuffed. The line is big and lazy arguing on the field with each other. You want respect earn it !!
Batesville has practiced on thanksgiving for like 6 years in a row. Quit mouthing things you don't know about. Your team won 8 games prior to this year in 6 years combined. You beat us by two points. Two unforced errors on play action plays where qb drops the ball , that don't happen you're not playing. I wasn't going to go there but it's true. We had over 400 yards of offense on you guys. Little wrs running the ball gashing  you guys , if our running backs were able to play it wouldn't have been close. Point is you won. Enjoy the run you've had. Maybe you win Friday, I doubt it and history is on my side if nothing else. Maybe you get the upset. But you're playing one of the most respected programs in the state, if you win you'll earn it , and not on this board. You can mouth off all you want , asking for respect on this board.  You aren't gonna get with one season in ten. The few LRM posters on here lately prove the point.  Most of us others have been here over ten years , enjoy your run, let others see you play and earn respect not by clamoring about what you aren't getting.

If you're a Lakeside poster then you're one to talk. You guys have been, maybe, ok for decades

MDXPHD

Does McClellan put their defense on the field or just let the other team score so they can get the ball back?

unknown51

Quote from: purpleswag on November 21, 2015, 08:45:35 pm

If you're a Lakeside poster then you're one to talk. You guys have been, maybe, ok for decades
So im guessing yu mad? Sad part about it is you all say that the middle was stuffed 😂😂😂 first play broke for 60 they cant be to lazy maybe yall JUST horrible

the voice

Ha ha no I'm no lakeside poster , it wasn't lakeside I was referring to, and lakeside obviously wasn't horrible they made to second round. My post hurt you with the truth. I'm not mad. Just tired of you mouthing about lack of respect for a team that hasn't earned it , already said they are good team. But you want everyone to just brag on you guys. Your stands were half empty at home. Your own don't support you.

the voice

November 21, 2015, 09:33:14 pm #35 Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 09:35:19 pm by the voice
But if you think lakeside was horrible, I'm not saying they are , then what you bragging about? Why you claiming all this respect is owed when you beat a horrible team. Oh I get it , couldn't think of anything else to say. I'm done with this conversation, I never should have gave you the time of day to start with. Congrats on your win this past Friday. If you win the championship I'll gladly post I was wrong. If you lose this week will you eat crow ??? I doubt it. I bet we don't hear anything from you except excuses.

D1rty_r3d

Quote from: unknown51 on November 21, 2015, 09:12:18 pm

So im guessing yu mad? Sad part about it is you all say that the middle was stuffed 😂😂😂 first play broke for 60 they cant be to lazy maybe yall JUST horrible
[/quote
Yes #3 broke on the first play dead up the middle and he had two touchdowns.... Oh from the middle but u say it was stuffed.😂😂😂 and boy oh boy look at those excuses and thing ya should have done.. Could have done..... But didn't do 😂😂😂 ya say before all these games that McClellan isn't gonna win and then when they do its always something or a reason they won besides that they are just good lol... From week 1 till now McClellan has been picked to lose 8 of the their 11 games and of those 8 they won 6 OK so they are used to being doubted as a matter of fact ya just fuel their fire when ya do that lol it makes the win that much sweeter... And y are u talking about the past yes they have had a bumby road for a decade but we r talking about now only in the present OK and they are doing what no one but themselves believed they cud do... And really its a win win situation for LRM if they win they go to the state championship for the first time since 1971 and if they lose they have won the most games since 1994 and are in the semis for the first time since 1994.. And the amazing thing is they r doin it with sophomores and juniors😂😂😂 there are 5 seniors on offense ( 2 receivers and 3 line men) and on defense there are 3 ( 2 d linemen and a safety sometimes) so they will b back next year lol but u can't do nothing but b proud of them through all the adversity they have ignored it like it was nothing lol just accept u lost if we would have lost we would have congratulated ya and wished ya good luck then been about our merry way and we wouldn't tell u why we lost we would just learn from it and fix it for next year but I forgot there are some sore losers in this world lol😂😂😂😂 its just so cute like omg just like a lil baby who wants his bottle that's right in front of him but he can't reach it 😂😂😂👶👶 but its OK cuz we still in this thing🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌

the voice

Again learn to read , not referring to lakeside game.  And learn to spell and write. No wonder why you get no respect. Third I'm not a sore loser and I acknowledged you were a good team. But not a championship team. I'm done arguing with you. Your last post showed enough.

MDXPHD

McClellan posters may be my new favorite. They aren't very good but think they are. Like Hope.

D1rty_r3d

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 21, 2015, 10:05:44 pm
McClellan posters may be my new favorite. They aren't very good but think they are. Like Hope.
If we are not that good explain how we are in the 3rd round???? Lol we are not that good but we r 9-2??? We are not that good but when you all say we are going to lose we win??? I'm just saying we r good but no matter who we prove wrong no one thinks the same... I think even if we won state this year ppl would still say it was fluked or something happened lol but I'm not saying anything bad about morrilton they are one of the best teams and well matched teams we have played all year and they are definitely better than lakeside.. We just came out on top lol I think if we played 10 times it would go half and half but wud always b close but yea I wasn't arguing either lol I was having a conversation with you but good luck next year

D1rty_r3d

Quote from: D1rty_r3d on November 21, 2015, 09:47:14 pm
Quote from: unknown51 on November 21, 2015, 09:12:18 pm

[/quote
Yes #3 broke on the first play dead up the middle and he had two touchdowns.... Oh from the middle but u say it was stuffed.😂😂😂 and boy oh boy look at those excuses and thing ya should have done.. Could have done..... But didn't do 😂😂😂 ya say before all these games that McClellan isn't gonna win and then when they do its always something or a reason they won besides that they are just good lol... From week 1 till now McClellan has been picked to lose 8 of the their 11 games and of those 8 they won 6 OK so they are used to being doubted as a matter of fact ya just fuel their fire when ya do that lol it makes the win that much sweeter... And y are u talking about the past yes they have had a bumby road for a decade but we r talking about now only in the present OK and they are doing what no one but themselves believed they cud do... And really its a win win situation for LRM if they win they go to the state championship for the first time since 1971 and if they lose they have won the most games since 1994 and are in the semis for the first time since 1994.. And the amazing thing is they r doin it with sophomores and juniors😂😂😂 there are 5 seniors on offense ( 2 receivers and 3 line men) and on defense there are 3 ( 2 d linemen and a safety sometimes) so they will b back next year lol but u can't do nothing but b proud of them through all the adversity they have ignored it like it was nothing lol just accept u lost if we would have lost we would have congratulated ya and wished ya good luck then been about our merry way and we wouldn't tell u why we lost we would just learn from it and fix it for next year but I forgot there are some sore losers in this world lol😂😂😂😂 its just so cute like omg just like a lil baby who wants his bottle that's right in front of him but he can't reach it 😂😂😂👶👶 but its OK cuz we still in this thing🙌🙌🙌🙌🙌
I am referring to the morrilton game #3 broke on the first play up the middle and scored twice from running up the middle

CARDINAL PRIDE!!!

Red Devil Alum

Quote from: Fballfan05 on November 21, 2015, 06:04:38 pm
yeah you've got a lot to be proud of as a Lr mcclelan fan buddy. One winning season In who knows how many years of losing seasons. Combine that with terrible facilities and a very dismal amount of fans, Lr mcclelan is what you expect from public schools in the central conference.
Why be a jerk?

MDXPHD

I'm not even sure what conference McClellan is from. Does anyone have any information on them? I saw how they beat up a team from the west and south, and allowed like 37 and 50 points in those games. So all I know is they don't play defense and they beat some weak teams. Anything else?

D1rty_r3d

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 22, 2015, 05:22:36 pm
I'm not even sure what conference McClellan is from. Does anyone have any information on them? I saw how they beat up a team from the west and south, and allowed like 37 and 50 points in those games. So all I know is they don't play defense and they beat some weak teams. Anything else?
Who is your team??? And your saying they were weak teams????? We are from the central conference and Morillton was most definitely not a weak team and neither was Lakeside... How are they weak but they were part of the top 5 in 5a until we beat them???? And we give up 22 points per game overall right now and have caused over 50 tturnovers the whole year lol😂😂😂😂 so PA gave up 54 points to Hope does that mean they have no defense... LRC gave up 40 something points to greenbrier does that mean they have bad defense... I mean it is the playoffs there are no weak teams there are just teams that are stronger than others but we have to b doin something in order to b in the 3rd round because there are no accidents...

PA Dad

Quote from: Intelligentsia on November 21, 2015, 09:26:09 am
Quote from: CrossettEagles14 on November 21, 2015, 08:01:33 am
McClellan shocks Batesville by 6

In the 5-A Semi-finals over the past several years, the only "shocker" is when PA loses.  This year, any one of the four teams could win.  Batesville started this season slowly, but have developed, as predicted, into a very good squad.  The home field advantage is significant, but this is still a young Pioneer team who will do quite well to beat McClellan.  The only "shocker" for this game will be a mercy rule by either team - otherwise, the team that comes up short can be proud of playing on Thanksgiving weekend.

Ain't going to be a mercy rule game.  I'd be surprised if either team wins by more than 10 points.

the voice

I agree , think both will be pretty close , the over under for one will be who knows what I think.

PA Dad

November 22, 2015, 08:29:28 pm #47 Last Edit: November 22, 2015, 08:34:08 pm by PA Dad
Quote from: Fballfan05 on November 21, 2015, 06:04:38 pm

I think McClellan has every right to be proud of their season and team this year.  There has been a lot of discussion this year about how bad public school football in Little Rock is.  McClellan faces the same challenges as other public schools in LR do, but they excelled this year despite those challenges.  You may not think that is worthy of respect, but I do.  Good work, McClellan!

C-Mac 73

Quote from: the voice on November 21, 2015, 01:29:59 pm
Quote from: Intelligentsia on November 21, 2015, 10:46:00 am

2004 I think , Morrilton played there and then faced greenwood in title game the next week

In 2011, Batesville beat White Hall at home in the semis. In 2010, Greenwood beat a 12-0 Batesville team at home, 38-13. I remember that one pretty well.

the voice

Well I can't argue with that. Lol
So it wasn't that long ago. Surprised the poster didn't recall those. Thanks for clearing that up

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas