• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

If you think you got jobbed by Refs watch the Hope Blytheville film

Started by Chief-Chickasaw, November 16, 2015, 09:53:16 am

Previous topic - Next topic

P.F.G.

White hat is in charge of his crew. If a guy isn't very good he normally doesn't last on that crew or get an invite to join.

Intelligentsia

The $$ is simply not enough to create an interest in enough folks.  With a surplus of officials the less talented would be weeded out and poor crews would not be assigned.  I Witnessed only a couple of games that were not well officiated, and one of those was more about indecisiveness than poor judgement.  One thing I learned from several year officiating baseball, make the call in a timely manner.  Of course baseball also offers the opportunity to "sell" the call, which I very much enjoyed:)

futurebobcatdad

ill say this most of hope posters aren't commenting because we all got chewed out and call cry babies and said we were whining about the call in the lakeside game that alarmingly cost hope the game. However i was at the game and sit around the 35 or 40 yard line so i saw the play as it happen. To me the ball never hit the game from my view but the ref blow the whistle just as the ball bounced in the players arm. A guy that sits next to me is a retired ref and said Hope will keep the ball because he blow the whistle before the Blytheville player had control of the ball. I agree that line judge missed alot of calls. It was 5 or 6 plays straight that #69 held #33 in the 2nd half and the whistle never blow. They also missed when we ran a QB sneak at the half yard line and our QB was clearly pass the goal line then pushed out 9 us to settle for 3. As a poster said to a Hope fan in the Lakeside game you never leave it up to the refs to decide the outcome of the game. I have also come to realize that the home team always gets the benefit of The3 doughty at home.

Rocket23

Missco

Wow, is all I can say. The film speaks volumes. Don't think this crew is calling this week or the rest of the playoff's. Just plain bad. The official's reaction said it all on a few plays.

4thandgoal

Quote from: Chief-Chickasaw on November 16, 2015, 09:53:16 am
Alright this isn't a post against Hope it's players or coaches. Those boys played their butts off and coaches made the adjustments needed. This is a terrible Refing post. Hope didn't pick the Refs and they played the hand they were dealt. Congratulations to them

Now that I have said that the Refs in this game were the worst I have ever seen. It was borderline criminal what they did. I am absolutely not one to complain about bad calls this went beyond just bad calls. I believe a highlight film of bad calls is being made and sent to AAA. Not to take away from hope but to make sure these guys never Ref again. This shouldn't happen to any team.  Here is a link to just one of the horrible calls so everyone can see I'm not just a crying fan these Refs were terrible. In this play Hope throws a pass to the flats and the ball bounces in the air a Blytheville defender catches the ball chest high NOT close to the ground and begins to run it back for a TD. When the Ref see him break free he blows the whistle. OK inadvertent whistle Blytheville's ball at the spot (I would be mad but I can live with that) but that wasn't the call the call was incomplete pass and Hope keeps the ball. Y'all watch judge for yourselves.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3910267/highlights/311126115/v2 #hudl

Before anyone says that's just one play know this is the 2nd TD that was taken. The 1st was early in the game after a INT took the ball to the 1 yard line. A block in the back was called no block in the back can be seen on film. They move us back we throw a TD pass which after discussion was determined a catch the back judge drops a late flag and calls a ineligible down field again when you go to film it didn't happen. These calls happened all night continually killing Blytheville momentum.

Again I want to take nothing away from Hope those boys played and even with the litany of horrible calls Blytheville had their chances to win. This is a bad Ref post and I'm hoping AAA does something about this so this won't happen to another team.

Let it go. Let it go..Let it go...You got beat....let it go!!!!

4thandgoal

Quote from: Chief-Chickasaw on November 16, 2015, 09:53:16 am
Alright this isn't a post against Hope it's players or coaches. Those boys played their butts off and coaches made the adjustments needed. This is a terrible Refing post. Hope didn't pick the Refs and they played the hand they were dealt. Congratulations to them

Now that I have said that the Refs in this game were the worst I have ever seen. It was borderline criminal what they did. I am absolutely not one to complain about bad calls this went beyond just bad calls. I believe a highlight film of bad calls is being made and sent to AAA. Not to take away from hope but to make sure these guys never Ref again. This shouldn't happen to any team.  Here is a link to just one of the horrible calls so everyone can see I'm not just a crying fan these Refs were terrible. In this play Hope throws a pass to the flats and the ball bounces in the air a Blytheville defender catches the ball chest high NOT close to the ground and begins to run it back for a TD. When the Ref see him break free he blows the whistle. OK inadvertent whistle Blytheville's ball at the spot (I would be mad but I can live with that) but that wasn't the call the call was incomplete pass and Hope keeps the ball. Y'all watch judge for yourselves.

http://www.hudl.com/athlete/3910267/highlights/311126115/v2 #hudl

Before anyone says that's just one play know this is the 2nd TD that was taken. The 1st was early in the game after a INT took the ball to the 1 yard line. A block in the back was called no block in the back can be seen on film. They move us back we throw a TD pass which after discussion was determined a catch the back judge drops a late flag and calls a ineligible down field again when you go to film it didn't happen. These calls happened all night continually killing Blytheville momentum.

Again I want to take nothing away from Hope those boys played and even with the litany of horrible calls Blytheville had their chances to win. This is a bad Ref post and I'm hoping AAA does something about this so this won't happen to another team.

Let it go, quit crying and get the basketballs out. If I'm not mistaken, I saw where the refs gave Bly a touchdown when the Hope player caught the ball in the end zone over the Bly WR. Hope came away with the interception, but the refs gave Bly the touchdown. I don't think anyone is complaining about that. Live with the lost  ;D

4thandgoal

Quote from: Chief-Chickasaw on November 16, 2015, 10:09:46 am
Quote from: 12th Man CHS on November 16, 2015, 10:05:11 am
That's a real Bad Ref post. Thank you for citing specifics and not blaming the opponent. Do you have links to the other two calls you referred to?

Working on it.  That is the main play Blytheville fans were mad about so I posted it.

The more you watch...the more it hurts....I imagine Hope felt like that down there during that Lakeside push off  ;D Let it go...let it go...let it go....get the basketball out.

4thandgoal

Quote from: Chief-Chickasaw on November 16, 2015, 11:13:22 am
Again I don't want to take away from Hope.  They came out in the second half and we didn't have a answer.  The trips pass we couldn't cover and on D they played unbelievably well.  Probably the best we had faced all year for a half.  I have no problem with Hope at all.  They beat us and they played hard and they never gave up.  This is strictly on the officiating and how bad they were.  I really don't want people to think this is about me being mad the Chicks lost and I'm blaming it strictly on the officials because that is not what I want.  The Chicks turned the ball over to many times in the Red Zone and didn't make the adjustments.

Let it go...let it go....you probably watch that film everyday...let it go.   Do you need some counseling?

4thandgoal

Quote from: Chief-Chickasaw on November 16, 2015, 04:01:52 pm
Quote from: Missco on November 16, 2015, 02:17:47 pm
Blown calls and bad officiating is just part of the game anymore. It isn't fair but will not  change. Their aren't enough officials to weed out the bad ones. It's like any occupation you have good ones and bad ones. It is bad when it happens because sports are for the student athletes. The AAA could care less and most officials are going to back the bad ones regardless.

I agree this play did not cost Blytheville the game. This along with several other bad calls was the difference between a 14-7 score at half instead of 35-7. Blytheville lost when they had their chances to win. This is about poor officiating who won and who lost doesn't matter now. How the game was officiated is a problem. We have to have better then that especially in the playoffs.

Dez Bryant caught that ball!!!    ;D

4thandgoal

Quote from: Chief-Chickasaw on November 17, 2015, 09:41:18 am
Alright I wanted to thank everyone for not jumping on me to hard for complaining about the officiating.  I really hate being that guy. I have now been able to get it out of my system.  I still believe there needs to be a oversight committee and officials should be randomly graded at least every two years.  There is nothing better then watching a well officiated and there is nothing worse then watching a poorly officiated game.  It's about making high school sports better.

You are that guy. Let it go...get some sleep, and get ready for basketball. Quit watching the film.

WPWells

airitout

4thandgoal

Quote from: futurebobcatdad on November 17, 2015, 03:50:41 pm
ill say this most of hope posters aren't commenting because we all got chewed out and call cry babies and said we were whining about the call in the lakeside game that alarmingly cost hope the game. However i was at the game and sit around the 35 or 40 yard line so i saw the play as it happen. To me the ball never hit the game from my view but the ref blow the whistle just as the ball bounced in the players arm. A guy that sits next to me is a retired ref and said Hope will keep the ball because he blow the whistle before the Blytheville player had control of the ball. I agree that line judge missed alot of calls. It was 5 or 6 plays straight that #69 held #33 in the 2nd half and the whistle never blow. They also missed when we ran a QB sneak at the half yard line and our QB was clearly pass the goal line then pushed out 9 us to settle for 3. As a poster said to a Hope fan in the Lakeside game you never leave it up to the refs to decide the outcome of the game. I have also come to realize that the home team always gets the benefit of The3 doughty at home.

I saw the ball bounce and hit the ground. It then popped up into the Bly players hand. The moment the ball hit the ground, the play was OVER!!!!

MDXPHD

Quote from: 4thandgoal on November 18, 2015, 09:54:57 am
Quote from: futurebobcatdad on November 17, 2015, 03:50:41 pm

I saw the ball bounce and hit the ground. It then popped up into the Bly players hand. The moment the ball hit the ground, the play was OVER!!!!

Not enough attention as a child, we understand. Hey Chief, don't bite on this!

MikeDieselâ„¢

I know where the emotions are coming from.  This was definitely a difficult loss to swallow.  Maybe the title of the thread should be different, but until one person came into the thread, I think there was some really good discussion going on about actual football issues.  Lots of questions, not a ton of answers.  I know I've gotten to know quite a few basketball officials over the years while keeping the books at Blytheville.  And most seem to really love being around the kids.  I don't know that they all do it for the love of the actual sport.  I think many do it for the kids to have a sport to play. 

nuttinbuthogs

Cannot really see the ball, but I don't see the defensive player looking as if he picked the ball up off the ground.  Unless it bounced off the ground. I can see where it could be a pick. 

mohawk1999

If it was an interception it looks like everyone was fooled. Neither Blytheville or Hope reacted to the play.  Their body language appears to shot incomplete. Some of the Blytheville players look to be signaling incomplete too

Grond

I jumped into this discussion earlier, and I was very critical of this thread. My feelings have nothing to do with whether the call was right or wrong.

Football can be highly competitive, and if you are thinking about a call made by an official, then you are NOT thinking about doing your job. How many times have you heard a coach tell a player, "I'll worry about the officials! You worry about playing the game!"

Consequently, you have to develop the mental discipline to "move on". And that 'mental discipline' can be difficult to develop. If you are involved in sports, you are going to suffer bad calls from time to time.  Here are a couple of examples:

PARAGOULD @ BATESVILLE - 2013
The starting RB for Pgld was hurt, but Paragould took the opening drive from their own 15 yard line, all the way to Batesville 5. There, we fumbled. It seemed the Batesville defense had planned to key on our star running back, and didn't seem to know what to do when he wasn't there.

The next Pgld possession, Batesville changed their defensive tactics. And they played with a MUCH higher level of intensity. This also resulted in several late hits, which were NOT called. By mid way through the 2nd QUARTER, Paragould had lost two more RB's due to injury. Finally, the Refs started calling penalties.

Now, the truth is, Batesville was by far the better team. Pgld lost by something like 47 to 7; fairly typical. I was furious; I wanted to take the video proof, and try.......something, anything. But I was informed that, because  the Refs had adjusted and started calling the game correctly, Pgld had no case.

PARAGOULD BASKETBALL 2014
We had a player get two technicals in a game, in what seemed odd circumstances. One tech came after he dove after a ball that went out of bounds, and was running back to get on defense.

Turns out, one ref decided to call a technical foul on this player any time he cussed. A parent looked at past video evidence, and discovered that, of the six technical fouls that this player had received while playing high school basketball,.........that ALL the technicals had come from the SAME OFFICIAL!

AAA ruled that this official could not ref any more games involving Paragould for the remainder of that 2014/2015 season.

Sometimes you CAN make a case.  :-\

4thandgoal

Quote from: Grond on November 18, 2015, 08:06:02 pm
I jumped into this discussion earlier, and I was very critical of this thread. My feelings have nothing to do with whether the call was right or wrong.

Football can be highly competitive, and if you are thinking about a call made by an official, then you are NOT thinking about doing your job. How many times have you heard a coach tell a player, "I'll worry about the officials! You worry about playing the game!"

Consequently, you have to develop the mental discipline to "move on". And that 'mental discipline' can be difficult to develop. If you are involved in sports, you are going to suffer bad calls from time to time.  Here are a couple of examples:

And the point is???????

PARAGOULD @ BATESVILLE - 2013
The starting RB for Pgld was hurt, but Paragould took the opening drive from their own 15 yard line, all the way to Batesville 5. There, we fumbled. It seemed the Batesville defense had planned to key on our star running back, and didn't seem to know what to do when he wasn't there.

The next Pgld possession, Batesville changed their defensive tactics. And they played with a MUCH higher level of intensity. This also resulted in several late hits, which were NOT called. By mid way through the 2nd QUARTER, Paragould had lost two more RB's due to injury. Finally, the Refs started calling penalties.

Now, the truth is, Batesville was by far the better team. Pgld lost by something like 47 to 7; fairly typical. I was furious; I wanted to take the video proof, and try.......something, anything. But I was informed that, because  the Refs had adjusted and started calling the game correctly, Pgld had no case.

PARAGOULD BASKETBALL 2014
We had a player get two technicals in a game, in what seemed odd circumstances. One tech came after he dove after a ball that went out of bounds, and was running back to get on defense.

Turns out, one ref decided to call a technical foul on this player any time he cussed. A parent looked at past video evidence, and discovered that, of the six technical fouls that this player had received while playing high school basketball,.........that ALL the technicals had come from the SAME OFFICIAL!

AAA ruled that this official could not ref any more games involving Paragould for the remainder of that 2014/2015 season.

Sometimes you CAN make a case.  :-\

browning_gold_12

First time to ever play at Hope? Expect it. We had a personal foul called there on a teacher, who was outside the field of play that IIRC negated a touchdown...

mohawk1999

I doubt it had anything to do with the school you are at.  The officials aren't hand picked by the schools.  So saying you get the shafts at Hope or another school has nothing to do with the school 95 % of the time.

Bobcatfan06

Yes I am a Hope fan, yes I was at the game, and yes I saw the play! It was an interception, it was a bad call, and its over...nothing can that now! Might as well let it go. That's exactly what I was told after the Lakeside game..after a call and did however determine the outcome of the game. I'm over it, yes it was a hard pill to swallow but its in the past. Time to move on!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas