• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

McClellan at Lakeside

Started by PA Dad, November 14, 2015, 08:55:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

MDXPHD

Quote from: Nonsense on November 18, 2015, 01:10:42 pm
Quote from: unknown51 on November 17, 2015, 11:01:46 am
Quote from: the voice on November 17, 2015, 10:37:24 am
McClellan isn't a championship caliber team. They are loaded with potential, yes they have size.  I'm surprised they made it this far , I've heard people knocking lakeside, perhaps it's two teams that are similar. McClellan gave up 50 points to a team with no running back last week and couldn't cover the pass. The state is loaded with teams with size and a skilled running back. Maumelle and Farmington come to mind immediately. They got their first playoff win in 20 plus years. Maybe next year. Certainly not the most talented team this year , and it's going to take talent and coaching to win from here on out. If you can rally the potential to suddenly play disciplined football and give effort you have a chance. If you do that , can your coach make the right choices ? Time will tell. Want to and believing isn't enough now , to make it to the semifinals it takes it all.
you just cant count McClellan out they have the talent do Lakeside have it? considering McClellan average 45+ points a game Lakeside couldnt beat SHH so think about that before you try to prove a point

I guess since you're going with the whole "thinking before you try to prove a point" thing. Maybe you should think that SH was Lakeside's second game of the season before you make a point about Lakeside being unable to beat SH. Teams that make the playoffs are generally better at the end of the season than at the beginning.

So, I guess think on that a little.

That's true, LS was much better at the end of the season. Like squeaking by several teams in a row before losing to Hot Springs. Then barely beating FC. Ironically, you didn't think about how LS has been playing recently before you posted.

Nonsense

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 18, 2015, 01:52:22 pm
McClellan isn't a championship caliber team. They are loaded with potential, yes they have size.  I'm surprised they made it this far , I've heard people knocking lakeside, perhaps it's two teams that are similar. McClellan gave up 50 points to a team with no running back last week and couldn't cover the pass. The state is loaded with teams with size and a skilled running back. Maumelle and Farmington come to mind immediately. They got their first playoff win in 20 plus years. Maybe next year. Certainly not the most talented team this year , and it's going to take talent and coaching to win from here on out. If you can rally the potential to suddenly play disciplined football and give effort you have a chance. If you do that , can your coach make the right choices ? Time will tell. Want to and believing isn't enough now , to make it to the semifinals it takes it all.
you just cant count McClellan out they have the talent do Lakeside have it? considering McClellan average 45+ points a game Lakeside couldnt beat SHH so think about that before you try to prove a point

I guess since you're going with the whole "thinking before you try to prove a point" thing. Maybe you should think that SH was Lakeside's second game of the season before you make a point about Lakeside being unable to beat SH. Teams that make the playoffs are generally better at the end of the season than at the beginning.

That's true, LS was much better at the end of the season. Like squeaking by several teams in a row before losing to Hot Springs. Then barely beating FC. Ironically, you didn't think about how LS has been playing recently before you posted.

I don't have a problem with how Lakeside's been playing. I do think they are playing better at the end of the year. A comeback win over Hope in the 4th quarter is pretty solid. Still playing a road game after having more than 10 teammates injured in a bus crash only a few days prior and getting a win? No, De Queen didn't make the playoffs, but they overcame crucial turnovers and won. Then beating Watson Chapel only four days after playing De Queen? I'd take it. Losing a rivalry game to a Hot Springs team that regained it's health at the end of the year? I don't have a problem with it. As for the playoff win, it's a playoff win.

Ironically, I watched most of those games, while you likely just looked at numbers. Lakeside's playing better at this time of year than in September. Their style of play, like any style, is subject to being exposed if the right style matches against them or a good team catches them on the right night.

the voice

I am going with LS based on what I saw of them and in watching LRM last week. LRM has size , the biggest threat is rb and qb on option.  The line has size but they rarely ran behind them. Most plays were on the edge. On defense they couldn't cover the pass very well, got behind them several times with play action and double moves. The running is very good and can score from anywhere. They gave up lots of yards on the ground and through the air. I think they'll continue to give up points and defense wins championships. Twice Morrilton should have kicked fgs, if they do then they are playing this week.

RamFan06

Quote from: the voice on November 18, 2015, 03:18:28 pm
I am going with LS based on what I saw of them and in watching LRM last week. LRM has size , the biggest threat is rb and qb on option.  The line has size but they rarely ran behind them. Most plays were on the edge. On defense they couldn't cover the pass very well, got behind them several times with play action and double moves. The running is very good and can score from anywhere. They gave up lots of yards on the ground and through the air. I think they'll continue to give up points and defense wins championships. Twice Morrilton should have kicked fgs, if they do then they are playing this week.

So someone who can give us an honest, objective opinion. I have watched a bunch of film but with what you saw last week, how do they cover the run? I know they are vulnerable to the pass, but do they come to the ball as a team to stop the runner and do they tackle well? You cant arm tackle or "bump" the LS runners down. If you arent wrapping up they will run right through you.

the voice

November 18, 2015, 03:34:20 pm #54 Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 04:29:03 pm by the voice
We had running lanes , we haven't had a running back in about 4 weeks , so our ball carriers last week were 160lb receivers, they ran and moved the chains. Hey we scored 50, lol, if we had a running back  to run through arm tackles we win. They hurt us in short yardage because the guys carrying the ball were not running backs, so knowing it's a run and stuffing it is much easier than doing it from 20-20. I mean no disrespect to LRM, they are a good team. They beat us. But there are holes in that defense. A powerful runner will give them trouble. I think they are happy to be there. I think LS wins going away in the second half.

Go Postal

Close game in 4th quarter.

Hot Springs Lakeside (31)   Little Rock McClellan (36)   Q4

Go Postal

Still in 4th...

Hot Springs Lakeside (37)   Little Rock McClellan (50)   Q4

The_Pioneer

I'm not overly excited about facing McClellan. 

Go Postal

Quote from: The_Pioneer on November 20, 2015, 09:59:22 pm
I'm not overly excited about facing McClellan.
They took Motown by surprise.

pantherblue

The_Pioneer

On the plus side, it almost appears McClellan doesn't play defense.  But they can score at will.  So, should be fun.

Overdahill

Quote from: The_Pioneer on November 20, 2015, 10:03:43 pm
On the plus side, it almost appears McClellan doesn't play defense.  But they can score at will.  So, should be fun.

They played pretty good run defense but were not good in coverage

Jimmy1995

McClellan is on the top of the bracket so why is everybody thinking there playing away next week?

Overdahill

Quote from: Jimmy1995 on November 20, 2015, 10:15:17 pm
McClellan is on the top of the bracket so why is everybody thinking there playing away next week?

hello, two seed vs one seed

Jimmy1995

Quote from: Overdahill on November 20, 2015, 10:16:00 pm

Doesn't matter. Batesville will be traveling to Little Rock

PA Dad

Higher seed always plays at home.

PA Dad

Congrats to McClellan!  Central is the only conference with two teams in the semi finals!

Go Postal

Quote from: PA Dad on November 20, 2015, 10:19:31 pm

PA Dad, what about 1st seeds PA and LRCA playing in a game, who is home?

PA Dad

Quote from: Go Postal on November 20, 2015, 10:23:16 pm
Quote from: PA Dad on November 20, 2015, 10:19:31 pm

PA Dad, what about 1st seeds PA and LRCA playing in a game, who is home?

LRC because they are in the top bracket.

Rocko1493

LRM is  two seed top of bracket playing a one seed.  They travel to Batesville ..  if they were both one seeds then it would follow top of bracket. 

PA Dad

Quote from: 4thandgoal on November 15, 2015, 08:29:52 pm
Quote from: RamFan06 on November 15, 2015, 12:12:42 am
Just finished watching some McClellan film and it looks to me like Lakeside matches up well against their game. If Lakeside sticks to their game, contains the back and pressures the QB as usual, they should come out with the win. I have more to watch so my opinion may change, but this is my early observation.

No need to worry about McClellan. I drove from PA to watch you guys play Hope. I think they had the best defense in the South conference. Therefore, you should be able to win by 21 or more over McClellan.

Bad call.

Overdahill

Quote from: Jimmy1995 on November 20, 2015, 10:17:30 pm

???The only time Batesville will be traveling to LR is to WMS

4thandgoal

Quote from: PA Dad on November 20, 2015, 11:04:31 pm
Quote from: 4thandgoal on November 15, 2015, 08:29:52 pm
Just finished watching some McClellan film and it looks to me like Lakeside matches up well against their game. If Lakeside sticks to their game, contains the back and pressures the QB as usual, they should come out with the win. I have more to watch so my opinion may change, but this is my early observation.

No need to worry about McClellan. I drove from PA to watch you guys play Hope. I think they had the best defense in the South conference. Therefore, you should be able to win by 21 or more over McClellan.

Bad call.

Yes sir, I called it as I believed. I didn't see this one coming.

PA Dad

Quote from: 4thandgoal on November 20, 2015, 11:11:10 pm
Quote from: 4thandgoal link=topic=144986.msg3267871#msg3267871bh date=1447640992

Bad call.

It's alright.  I've been wrong with about 60% of my picks this year.

RamFan06

I will have some commentary on this game later but one thing is for sure, Strong is a beast. If he gets past your initial rush, he is gone.

Proud of the great season for the Rams, good luck McClellan.

4thandgoal

Quote from: PA Dad on November 20, 2015, 11:14:01 pm
Quote from: 4thandgoal on November 20, 2015, 11:11:10 pm
Quote from: 4thandgoal link=topic=144986.msg3267871#msg3267871bh date=1447640992

Bad call.

It's alright.  I've been wrong with about 60% of my picks this year.

I hear ya!!!

PA Dad

Quote from: RamFan06 on November 20, 2015, 11:15:30 pm
I will have some commentary on this game later but one thing is for sure, Strong is a beast. If he gets past your initial rush, he is gone.

I know the South fans have taken some criticism, but I've always found your posts to be reasoned and reasonable.  Other South fans are nowhere to be found on the board tonight.  Kudos!

PA Dad

Congrats to Lakeside on a great season.  You're my second choice for most improved team this year behind only LRC.  You have every reason to be proud of your team this year.

Overdahill

I went to a bunch of Lakeside games this year and I will say they were never boring! lots of close and very exciting finishes. Even tonight the game was in doubt with a minute left

4thandgoal

Quote from: Overdahill on November 20, 2015, 11:34:45 pm

I went to a bunch of Lakeside games this year and I will say they were never boring! lots of close and very exciting finishes. Even tonight the game was in doubt with a minute left

Just curious, how was the game in doubt with a 50-37 score?

Overdahill

Lakeside had the ball first and goal with 90 seconds left with still two Timeouts. Could have scored and gone on-side but ended up stopped on the 1 yard line with about 45 seconds to go and McClellan runs out the clock

4thandgoal

Quote from: Overdahill on November 20, 2015, 11:44:42 pm
Lakeside had the ball first and goal with 90 seconds left with still two Timeouts. Could have scored and gone on-side but ended up stopped on the 1 yard line with about 45 seconds to go and McClellan runs out the clock

Ok Thanks

unknown51

Point was proven lastnight 😂😂😂

the voice

Point proven, you're a good team. Never said they weren't . Let's see if you're gonna eat crow after batesville?? 🤔

PA Dad

Quote from: the voice on November 21, 2015, 07:45:10 pm
Point proven, you're a good team. Never said they weren't . Let's see if you're gonna eat crow after batesville?? 🤔X

Why would they eat crow?  Making the semis is a great accomplishment and losing to Batesville is no disgrace.  I know of 27 other teams which would like to be in McClellan's position, including yours.

the voice

You must not be following along. I've tried numerous times to congratulate them , called them a good team. It's not enough, I agree their season is a huge success, especially from where they've been. Simply saying if they get beat , be nice to hear him acknowledge it like he claimed he would. That good enough explanation? Not talking about my team either. And your team should be just as proud as well. 

PA Dad

Quote from: the voice on November 21, 2015, 10:53:36 pm
You must not be following along. I've tried numerous times to congratulate them , called them a good team. It's not enough, I agree their season is a huge success, especially from where they've been. Simply saying if they get beat , be nice to hear him acknowledge it like he claimed he would. That good enough explanation? Not talking about my team either. And your team should be just as proud as well.

I confess that I'm lost.  If the McClellan poster has boasted that McClellan will beat Batesville, I understand the reference to eating crow.  But, if you're saying he should eat crow just because Batesville wins, I disagree.

D1rty_r3d

Quote from: PA Dad on November 21, 2015, 11:18:33 pm
Quote from: the voice on November 21, 2015, 10:53:36 pm

I confess that I'm lost.  If the McClellan poster has boasted that McClellan will beat Batesville, I understand the reference to eating crow.  But, if you're saying he should eat crow just because Batesville wins, I disagree.
Exactly lol none of us McClellan posters have boasted that we were going to beat Batesville... We never said ohh we are going to beat them like its gonna b easy no we never said that lol

the voice

I've purposely ignored his latest posts , no point , it's pointless.  I'm not saying anything different than you. But thanks for your two cents on it.

RamFan06

Lakeside played their hearts out in this game and just could not get it done. The biggest issue we had in the first half was blocking that big defensive line and the blitzing linebackers. In the second half, their coaching staff was able to make some adjustments and get #5 and #3 free, once they are past your initial line, good luck stopping them.

I am going to make a comment about the officials, but before people go off, this had nothing to do with the outcome of the game.

The officials in this game lost control early and because of that kids got hurt. The McClellan kids have a habit of playing and hitting after the whistle. There were multiple hits on Lakeside kids that had stopped, because the whistle blew, causing injuries. One particularly harsh hit happened right in front of an official. That player came off with what I can only believe was a concussion. I am only mentioning this because it is crazy that, while things happen and kids get hurt, these hits were blatant and should have been penalized.

One last comment about the McClellan players, regardless of what happened on the field during the game, after the game, during the normal "handshake", Lakeside had one player that could not get off the bench and walk through the line. Almost every Crimson Lions player came over to the bench and shook his hand or patted him on the shoulder. That is what high school sports are all about. Leave it all on the field, but when the game is over, its over.

Good luck McClellan, would love to see you at WMS!

SWAT524

Late hits wont fly at Pioneer stadium!

justalionfan

Quote from: Jimmy1995 on November 20, 2015, 10:17:30 pm

Is this guy for real? it says right on top of the brack  **The home team will be the higher seeded team or the top team on the bracket when both have the same seed. .

PA Dad

Quote from: RamFan06 on November 23, 2015, 04:14:21 pm
Lakeside played their hearts out in this game and just could not get it done. The biggest issue we had in the first half was blocking that big defensive line and the blitzing linebackers. In the second half, their coaching staff was able to make some adjustments and get #5 and #3 free, once they are past your initial line, good luck stopping them.

I am going to make a comment about the officials, but before people go off, this had nothing to do with the outcome of the game.

The officials in this game lost control early and because of that kids got hurt. The McClellan kids have a habit of playing and hitting after the whistle. There were multiple hits on Lakeside kids that had stopped, because the whistle blew, causing injuries. One particularly harsh hit happened right in front of an official. That player came off with what I can only believe was a concussion. I am only mentioning this because it is crazy that, while things happen and kids get hurt, these hits were blatant and should have been penalized.

One last comment about the McClellan players, regardless of what happened on the field during the game, after the game, during the normal "handshake", Lakeside had one player that could not get off the bench and walk through the line. Almost every Crimson Lions player came over to the bench and shook his hand or patted him on the shoulder. That is what high school sports are all about. Leave it all on the field, but when the game is over, its over.

Good luck McClellan, would love to see you at WMS!

Good post and analysis.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas