• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

McClellan at Lakeside

Started by PA Dad, November 14, 2015, 08:55:07 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PA Dad

This should be a good game.  I haven't seen LS play, but McClellan is physical and athletic.  They have been scoring a lot of points.

It will be interesting to see if LS can slow down McClellan's offense or if this will be a shootout.

4thandgoal

Quote from: PA Dad on November 14, 2015, 08:55:07 pm
This should be a good game.  I haven't seen LS play, but McClellan is physical and athletic.  They have been scoring a lot of points.

It will be interesting to see if LS can slow down McClellan's offense or if this will be a shootout.

Lakeside played the most physical team in 5A South (Hope). Therefore, they will be prepared for McClellan I'm sure.

PA Dad

Quote from: 4thandgoal on November 14, 2015, 08:58:11 pm

Lakeside played the most physical team in 5A South (Hope). Therefore, they will be prepared for McClellan I'm sure.

Maybe.  But Hope played them very tough and came within one call of beating them.

Having said that, I think this will be a good game.

Jimmy1995

McClellan will be in the championship game against PA. Mark my words!

InYoGrill

I'm pulling for LRM in this one. It has been too long since a 5A public LR team has made it this far.

Go Lions!

PA Dad

Quote from: InYoGrill on November 14, 2015, 09:50:30 pm

I'm pulling for LRM in this one. It has been too long since a 5A public LR team has made it this far.

Go Lions!

You're right about LR public school football.  It's good to see McClellan doing well this year.

4thandgoal

Quote from: PA Dad on November 14, 2015, 09:03:06 pm

Maybe.  But Hope played them very tough and came within one call of beating them.

I agree with you PA.

Maynard G Krebs

Not sure if Lakeside can pull this one off.. Not seen them play, but have seen McC.  My thinking is that The HS stud is similar to P. Strong, and that seemed to be the deciding factor in LS losing to HS.  Time will tell.

RamFan06

Just finished watching some McClellan film and it looks to me like Lakeside matches up well against their game. If Lakeside sticks to their game, contains the back and pressures the QB as usual, they should come out with the win. I have more to watch so my opinion may change, but this is my early observation.

PA Dad

Quote from: 4thandgoal on November 14, 2015, 10:31:03 pm

I agree with you PA.

You must be getting soft in your old age.  You never agree with anyone!

PA Dad

Quote from: RamFan06 on November 15, 2015, 12:12:42 am
Just finished watching some McClellan film and it looks to me like Lakeside matches up well against their game. If Lakeside sticks to their game, contains the back and pressures the QB as usual, they should come out with the win. I have more to watch so my opinion may change, but this is my early observation.

If you can contain Strong, you will probably win.  I don't know if you can or not, but I know that's hard to do.

I think this will be a high scoring game.  I think it's too close for me to call.

the voice

I have watched lakeside. They seemed to have several playmakers on offense. As for McClellan , they had big runs where back got into secondary and scored. They won and I'm not saying anything against them. We had our chances to win and didn't. We had a balanced attack and their defense rarely stopped us.  Although they did at crucial times. That being said , I think if lakeside is balanced and scores through the air regularly, causing them to catch up , they win. McClellans defense in my opinion was not one of the tops we faced this year. I think they have a great running back and qb who can run on option as well, they seem very one dimensional and not sure they have a championship caliber defense. No long sustained drives on offense and they struggle against the pass. But if they can continue to score on big running plays who knows.

Intelligentsia

I'm pulling for McClellan, of course, but I also believe they will win by 14.  As a Pioneer fan, I would love to have McClellan visit the friendly confines of Pioneer Stadium should our Pioneers take care of business with our friends from Greenbrier.

the voice

November 15, 2015, 02:06:19 pm #14 Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 02:11:41 pm by the voice
Yeah , I'm sure you are. Lol
I'm mixed about lakeside , I've seen some big plays out of them from different players.  With LRM you hit strong before he gets going and stay home when qb keeps you'll stop them. With that said , I don't think they win this week. I don't see the remaining teams giving up the big runs we did. Injuries caught up with us and the less experienced players had trouble tackling strong. I don't think their defense can slow lakeside. We had wrs running the ball and scored 50 ,

Jimmy1995

McClellan will beat lakeside and when we do, Batesville will have to come to us. Check the bracket. I believe the home team are always the top team.

RamFan06

Home team is the higher seed, so 1 seed is home over a 2 seed, or top side of the bracket if the same seed.

Jimmy1995

Well as long as we make it to round 3 I'm ok with going on the road. We're undefeated this year on the road.

unknown51

Mcclellan offensive line is very physical with the starting 3 seniors in the interior Senior Center that stands 6'3 and senior guards with one 6'3 and the other 6'2 that create holes cares could drive through with no problem so LS has to be physical or they will get dominated

chaingang

Quote from: Intelligentsia on November 15, 2015, 01:57:19 pm
I'm pulling for McClellan, of course, but I also believe they will win by 14.  As a Pioneer fan, I would love to have McClellan visit the friendly confines of Pioneer Stadium should our Pioneers take care of business with our friends from Greenbrier.
Being a Wynne Fan, I don't think we have to worry about McClellan they look like they will be coming to Ramsey Mountain......basing that on the closeness of LakeSide and FC.....that told me all i needed to know.

CF

Don't know a lot about McClellan but lakeside has 2 great backs.   Lakeside wins this game by atleast 17

4thandgoal

No need to worry about McClellan. I drove from PA to watch you guys play Hope. I think they had the best defense in the South conference. Therefore, you should be able to win by 21 or more over McClellan.

4thandgoal

Quote from: the voice on November 15, 2015, 01:47:28 pm
I have watched lakeside. They seemed to have several playmakers on offense. As for McClellan , they had big runs where back got into secondary and scored. They won and I'm not saying anything against them. We had our chances to win and didn't. We had a balanced attack and their defense rarely stopped us.  Although they did at crucial times. That being said , I think if lakeside is balanced and scores through the air regularly, causing them to catch up , they win. McClellans defense in my opinion was not one of the tops we faced this year. I think they have a great running back and qb who can run on option as well, they seem very one dimensional and not sure they have a championship caliber defense. No long sustained drives on offense and they struggle against the pass. But if they can continue to score on big running plays who knows.

McClellan leaves Hot Springs with a lost. They will have no answer for Colt 45. He may have close to 150 yards.

4thandgoal

Quote from: PA Dad on November 15, 2015, 12:16:16 am
Quote from: 4thandgoal on November 14, 2015, 10:31:03 pm

I agree with you PA.

You must be getting soft in your old age.  You never agree with anyone!

Dang, you may be right. ;D

Overdahill

Quote from: 4thandgoal on November 15, 2015, 08:29:52 pm

No need to worry about McClellan. I drove from PA to watch you guys play Hope. I think they had the best defense in the South conference. Therefore, you should be able to win by 21 or more over McClellan.

They only had a one possession game vs Forrest City last week and gave up 62 to Sylvan Hills earlier this year. Yes, lakeside has a good offense but no so much defense. I think McClellan has a real good shot

4thandgoal

Quote from: Overdahill on November 15, 2015, 08:37:19 pm

They only had a one possession game vs Forrest City last week and gave up 62 to Sylvan Hills earlier this year. Yes, lakeside has a good offense but no so much defense. I think McClellan has a real good shot

Yes,

You can score on them very easily. They give up a lot of points. The key to beating Lakeside is to stop both the QB and #45. Put a spy on both of them all night and the team will become dis-functional. Their QB and #45 is about 95% of their offense. Take them out and you have a win.

RamFan06

You have missed a few other players. #45 has 1400+ yards so far and our other RB #6 has 1200+. Our main wide out has over 700 receiving yards In a run first offense. We are not a one trick pony anymore. McClellan is big and fast but we match up well with what they do. Throw out the Hot Springs game, our guys were not at all focused that night, they will be this Friday.

Maynard G Krebs

Just wondering why you say LS was not focused for the HS game.  I thought that was the biggest rivalry you had.

RamFan06

I don't know why, but I have seen every game and know these kids well, they were not ready for football that night. I am not making excuses for them, Hot Springs played a great game and Cleo Floyd took that team on his back and willed them to the end zone, but that was not the same team that beat Hope or Chapel. That is the only game this season they have been flat and just not there. If they come out and play their game it may very well be close, I wouldn't expect anything less out of a good McClellan team, but Lakeside has the ability to put themselves in a position to win and come through in the end.

Maynard G Krebs

RamFan06

Have you seen McClellan in person?

PA Dad

The Lakeside defense was not so good versus Sylvan Hills.

RamFan06

Your right it wasn't but that was the second game of the season. You can't tell me that PA hasn't come together as a team much better than they were in week 2. The defense that gave up all of those points to SH does not resemble the defense that takes the field now.

PA Dad

Quote from: RamFan06 on November 16, 2015, 10:18:44 pm
Your right it wasn't but that was the second game of the season. You can't tell me that PA hasn't come together as a team much better than they were in week 2. The defense that gave up all of those points to SH does not resemble the defense that takes the field now.

You're right.  Teams usually get better over the course of a season.

I'm really undecided about this game.  From what I've read, Hope is a physical team like McClellan is, and Hope gave LS a tough game.  McClellan is very physical.  I watched them play PA.  On the other hand, their defense is not the best.  But I think they are much better than FC who gave LS a good game.

I just don't know how to call this game.

Wonderdog

It may just be me, but it seems that Lakeside plays to their opponents level in many of their games. I base this conclusion solely on the number of close games they have had over the course of the season. Six of their games this year have been decided by less than a touchdown. Not all of those opponents are the type of teams that people expected that outcome against the rams. Lakeside won five of those six games. Seems to be their theme this year. Play someone close and try to win it at the end.

RamFan06

I don't expect to blow out The Lions. From what I see they have #5 Strong and their QB  Childs who run the ball. They do not throw a lot from what I have seen. Lakeside can defend the run, again leaving the HS game out of the equation. On Defense they are big, blitz a lot and play man to man. That should create some passing oppotunities. They are expecting us to come out and run it down their throat, don't be surprised to see more passing from the Rams this time. If they sell out to the run McBride will go down field until they back off, then we pound the ball up the field on the ground.
We have to perform on defense. Our LB'S and DE'S have to contain the edge and funnel things to the middle. FC had 3 long passes, 2 were TDs I believe, that were complete broken coverages by a kid who usually does not make those mistakes. That receiver for FC was very good though, great route runner and fast, plus the QB is very accurate. I don't see that with McClellan. Hopefully they play their assignments and don't get out of position.

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: RamFan06 on November 16, 2015, 09:55:54 pm
Have you seen McClellan in person?

Yes.  Strong may be the best back in 5A.

MDXPHD

Why do people even bring up defense in the South conference? It doesn't exist. It's similar to the big 12. You have a couple good teams but they can't beat the top teams from the other conferences that play complete football, not just offense.

unknown51

I know McClellan this year to be BIG, FAST, and VERY PHYSICAL i don't see lakeside scoring 21 points i do see that big OFFENSIVE lines blocking everything their defense throw at them. Everybody always says something about #5 what about #3 who is much bigger and faster than lakeside #45? McClellan wins this game 14+ its a Central 5A team whos offense is very up tempo

Overdahill

November 17, 2015, 09:26:30 am #39 Last Edit: November 17, 2015, 09:31:26 am by Overdahill
Quote from: MDXPHD on November 17, 2015, 07:11:14 am
Why do people even bring up defense in the South conference? It doesn't exist. It's similar to the big 12. You have a couple good teams but they can't beat the top teams from the other conferences that play complete football, not just offense.

With the exception of last year's Peach Bowl :D TCU curbstomped Ole Miss

SWAT524

McClellan By 7. Mistakes could swing this game either way.

the voice

McClellan isn't a championship caliber team. They are loaded with potential, yes they have size.  I'm surprised they made it this far , I've heard people knocking lakeside, perhaps it's two teams that are similar. McClellan gave up 50 points to a team with no running back last week and couldn't cover the pass. The state is loaded with teams with size and a skilled running back. Maumelle and Farmington come to mind immediately. They got their first playoff win in 20 plus years. Maybe next year. Certainly not the most talented team this year , and it's going to take talent and coaching to win from here on out. If you can rally the potential to suddenly play disciplined football and give effort you have a chance. If you do that , can your coach make the right choices ? Time will tell. Want to and believing isn't enough now , to make it to the semifinals it takes it all.

unknown51

Quote from: the voice on November 17, 2015, 10:37:24 am
McClellan isn't a championship caliber team. They are loaded with potential, yes they have size.  I'm surprised they made it this far , I've heard people knocking lakeside, perhaps it's two teams that are similar. McClellan gave up 50 points to a team with no running back last week and couldn't cover the pass. The state is loaded with teams with size and a skilled running back. Maumelle and Farmington come to mind immediately. They got their first playoff win in 20 plus years. Maybe next year. Certainly not the most talented team this year , and it's going to take talent and coaching to win from here on out. If you can rally the potential to suddenly play disciplined football and give effort you have a chance. If you do that , can your coach make the right choices ? Time will tell. Want to and believing isn't enough now , to make it to the semifinals it takes it all.
you just cant count McClellan out they have the talent do Lakeside have it? considering McClellan average 45+ points a game Lakeside couldnt beat SHH so think about that before you try to prove a point

Lions84

the voice

My point will be proven for me. I'm not knocking them. Just saying they aren't a championship team. There can only be one and they aren't it. Doesn't mean they suck or have no talent. I give them credit for making it this far. They are a good team. Made it to the final 8, I doubt they make it past this round. Maybe they do. Time will tell.

unknown51

Quote from: the voice on November 17, 2015, 11:14:06 am
My point will be proven for me. I'm not knocking them. Just saying they aren't a championship team. There can only be one and they aren't it. Doesn't mean they suck or have no talent. I give them credit for making it this far. They are a good team. Made it to the final 8, I doubt they make it past this round. Maybe they do. Time will tell.
Have you seen McClellan up close in person yet?

MDXPHD

Quote from: unknown51 on November 18, 2015, 08:53:08 am

Yeah, because if you see them on film and see them in person, it matters. Up close they are much better than they are on film during the same play.

Overdahill

Quote from: unknown51 on November 18, 2015, 08:53:08 am
My point will be proven for me. I'm not knocking them. Just saying they aren't a championship team. There can only be one and they aren't it. Doesn't mean they suck or have no talent. I give them credit for making it this far. They are a go :)od team. Made it to the final 8, I doubt they make it past this round. Maybe they do. Time will tell.

Im looking forward to seeing them on Friday :) Go PA, Go Central Conference!

C.C.

McClellan wins in a shootout. Lots of athletes but a very underrated line on both sides of the ball. Their bigs can move and they are strong. Look for McClellan to score between 50 and 60.

Nonsense

Quote from: unknown51 on November 17, 2015, 11:01:46 am
Quote from: the voice on November 17, 2015, 10:37:24 am
you just cant count McClellan out they have the talent do Lakeside have it? considering McClellan average 45+ points a game Lakeside couldnt beat SHH so think about that before you try to prove a point

I guess since you're going with the whole "thinking before you try to prove a point" thing. Maybe you should think that SH was Lakeside's second game of the season before you make a point about Lakeside being unable to beat SH. Teams that make the playoffs are generally better at the end of the season than at the beginning.

So, I guess think on that a little.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas