• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Batesville vs Greenbrier

Started by Rocko1493, November 14, 2015, 07:07:51 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Rocko1493

This is a matchup Batesville has become accustomed to in recent years.  After a very stress end against a good WC team they play a team they may match up better against.  That being said I do not think either team will run away with this one.  I like Batesville in another nail biter.  Opinions please.

PA Dad

This should be a good game.  GB showed what it has in the LRC game.  But, it's in Batesville, and it's hard to beat Batesville at home  in the playoffs (those darn officials!) .  I say Batesville by 10.

InYoGrill

Not a blowout but I see B winning this one. Too much balance with B plus Neers just don't lose at Neerland. Briar has a good balanced O but their D is not strong. I see Neers winning by 14 but should be a good game. Of course if turnovers occur it could help Briar make it a better game, maybe. V went up there in 2011 for a 1st rounder, my son's sr year. It was cold, the bleachers suked, awesome atmosphere for a game, and B whipped us like a 2 year old brat.  ;D

The_Pioneer

All of the money budgeted for visitors stands goes to our Referee Fund.

InYoGrill

Quote from: The_Pioneer on November 14, 2015, 09:45:13 pm

Hahaha..... Becareful Chapel creepers will hunt you down for those words.  ;D

PA Dad

Quote from: The_Pioneer on November 14, 2015, 09:45:13 pm

I always wondered why PA doesn't improve the visitors' stands at Rector Field.  Now I understand!

InYoGrill

Go to say PA fans in particular have to be proud of UA's Henry and ASU's Knighten. So cool to see them excelling!

PA Dad

Quote from: InYoGrill on November 14, 2015, 09:53:05 pm

Go to say PA fans in particular have to be proud of UA's Henry and ASU's Knighten. So cool to see them excelling!

Yea, Henry learned how to throw a blind 20 yard lateral at PA!

pantherblue

42-38 Greenbrier in the upset on the field where nobody beats the neer's!!!

Turgin

I sure hope you're right pantherblue.  That drive home is rough after a loss.  I plan on going if my son's ankle heals enough by Friday to play.

Intelligentsia

The Pioneer JV team has to be pumped - 'briers coming to play  :oo    Just kidding Pantherblue - It should be a great game.  Are you making the short jaunt to Batesville?  I've made arrangements for good weather and you can even sit with me in the Pioneer reserved section so the frequent post Pioneer TD fireworks (set off behind the visitor's stands) don't mess up your hearing aides!!

pantherblue

Go Postal

Will there be any audio or video live steaming from Batesville or Greenbrier for us old fogies for this game?

Go Postal

MDXPHD

MDXPHD

Does anyone know who ousted GB from the playoffs the last four years?

The_Pioneer

MDXPHD

Turgin

Unfortunately my son's ankle injury turned out to be a high ankle sprain that required surgery so I won't be making the trip.

I'll still be yelling for the Panthers on the live stream though.

PA Dad

IYG and PB, I thought you'd be all over this thread with your smack talk.  I miss it.  Tell us how GB will beat down the Neers!

Go Postal

Quote from: PA Dad on November 18, 2015, 09:57:23 pm
IYG and PB, I thought you'd be all over this thread with your smack talk.  I miss it.  Tell us how GB will beat down the Neers!

PA Dad

Quote from: Go Postal on November 18, 2015, 10:09:17 pm

That's it!  The Neers are dead meat!

Lumberjackfan1978

pantherblue

If the team that played Morrilton and LRC makes the trip this will be an exciting game. If the team that played Harrison makes the trip it will be a quick game.

photographer

November 19, 2015, 11:25:21 am #24 Last Edit: November 19, 2015, 11:28:08 am by photographer
Quote from: Turgin on November 18, 2015, 09:21:44 pm
Unfortunately my son's ankle injury turned out to be a high ankle sprain that required surgery so I won't be making the trip.

Due to AAA rules The Cube will broadcast a 24 hour delay.  You can go to the site and see a streaming score update live, but no video feed.
It will be broadcast on the radio, and I think you can listen online. 

http://www.93kzle.com/

Chief_Osceolaâ„¢

Quote from: PA Dad on November 18, 2015, 10:16:13 pm

Thank God it wasn't his roundhouse.  We'd all be dead.

pantherblue

Quote from: Chief_Osceolaâ„¢ on November 19, 2015, 11:45:19 am

The fastest way to a point is a straight line     ;)

JacketDad

Quote from: photographer on November 19, 2015, 11:25:21 am

Due to AAA rules The Cube will broadcast a 24 hour delay.  You can go to the site and see a streaming score update live, but no video feed.

I don't think it is an AAA rule.  Wynne broadcasts their playoff games.  The only requirement is that the broadcaster read off the AAA mission statement numerous times throughout the game.

RamFan06

Quote from: JacketDad on November 19, 2015, 12:14:21 pm

I don't think it is an AAA rule.  Wynne broadcasts their playoff games.  The only requirement is that the broadcaster read off the AAA mission statement numerous times throughout the game.

The AAA retains the live broadcast rights to all playoff games. For radio there is no charge to broadcast but you have to request permission and fill out the paperwork in advance. If you dont get it done, no live broadcast.

MDXPHD

AAA wants the revenue. I wouldn't be surprised if they charged a team to video their game live.

Chief_Osceolaâ„¢

Quote from: pantherblue on November 19, 2015, 11:47:02 am
Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on November 19, 2015, 11:45:19 am

The fastest way to a coffin is a Chuck Norris roundhouse.  :)

pantherblue

Quote from: Chief_Osceolaâ„¢ on November 19, 2015, 12:53:12 pm
Quote from: pantherblue on November 19, 2015, 11:47:02 am
Quote from: Chief_Osceolaâ„¢ on November 19, 2015, 11:45:19 am

The fastest way to a coffin is a Chuck Norris roundhouse.  :)

That's nothing a glock wouldn't stop    ;)

Turgin

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 19, 2015, 12:26:09 pm

AAA wants the revenue. I wouldn't be surprised if they charged a team to video their game live.

Are you guys saying I can't watch it live through the normal live stream that Greenbrier does for all away games at http://citylinktv.com/channel/csn-tv-conway/?  I've watched a couple regular season games this way when I was out of town due to work.

bobcat81

Quote from: pantherblue on November 19, 2015, 04:25:50 am
If the team that played Morrilton and LRC makes the trip this will be an exciting game. If the team that played Harrison makes the trip it will be a quick game.
Panther I would add the Vilonia game, which was 47-0 at the end of the third, to the good team showing up.  Of course could add the Benton game to the list of ones where the team didn't show up.  Which team will it be?  Let's hope it's the good team and a GB upset.   :)

pantherblue

Quote from: bobcat81 on November 19, 2015, 02:39:54 pm
Panther I would add the Vilonia game, which was 47-0 at the end of the third, to the good team showing up.  Of course could add the Benton game to the list of ones where the team didn't show up.  Which team will it be?  Let's hope it's the good team and a GB upset.   :)

I don't count the Benton game, they are greatly improved and the last 2 years have been one of the top seeds in 6A..  I'm sure Benton will dispose of the powerful El Do team tomorrow night....    Harrison was really the only bad loss this year.....

Turgin

Quote from: pantherblue on November 19, 2015, 02:42:26 pm

I don't count the Benton game, they are greatly improved and the last 2 years have been one of the top seeds in 6A..  I'm sure Benton will dispose of the powerful El Do team tomorrow night....    Harrison was really the only bad loss this year.....
I've been to every Panther game this year except Beebe in the season opener and the Maumelle game.  I have watched Hudl film on every game and I would absolutely agree with pantherblue.  We were simply outmatched against a top rated Benton team, but there has been a vast improvement in nearly all aspects for the Panthers since then.  Notably, the OL blocking is much improved.  However, the run defense is still inconsistent.

That Harrison game was just ugly beginning to end and even after the game.  Harrison showed up to play a football game, Greenbrier didn't, and they made us pay for it.

Overdahill

Ok, do I have this right? We only have one bad loss of the ones were counting?  ???

pantherblue

Quote from: Overdahill on November 19, 2015, 03:08:08 pm
Ok, do I have this right? We only have one bad loss of the ones were counting?  ???

In my book a bad loss is a game you should not have lost.... 

Overdahill

^^^ unless  you get shut out. In modern football a shut out is a bad loss for most teams with a modern offense

MDXPHD

Quote from: pantherblue on November 19, 2015, 03:15:15 pm
Quote from: Overdahill on November 19, 2015, 03:08:08 pm

In my book a bad loss is a game you should not have lost....

And a loss to Beebe isn't bad? Also, you lost to Harrison by 35...and you are saying you should have won?

pantherblue

We could have beaten Harrison yes. Players were down after tough loss to LRC. Bebee had a good RB that went down in 2nd game of the season. That hurt Bebee.

Turgin

I don't worry about wins or losses in the opening non-conference schedule too much. I guarantee Beebe would have a better record if they hadn't lost half of their two headed monster in the backfield so early.  They exposed Greenbrier's poor run defense in the season opener and Greenbrier WRs dropped too many balls to stay in it.  I look at the win over Heber Springs with much the same opinion as the loss to Benton.

LRC was a heartbreaker for sure.  Panther run D was the Achilles Heel again and that LRC back put on a show in the 2nd half.

Harrison was a butt kicking from start to finish in all phases of the game.  No excuses, it was bad.  Did the Panthers get cocky after almost handing it to LRC the week before and overlook Harrison?  Or were they emotionally drained after losing a close one to LRC?  Who knows, but on that night Harrison was the better team.  Thankfully we had a soft target the next week to get back on track.

So, I discount the season opener and the Benton game because they don't "count" for as much as the conference schedule.  I'd say the LRC and Harrison losses were both bad losses for different reasons but mainly because there's no such thing as a good loss.

We beat Morrilton and Vilonia so that's all that really matters, right? ;D

SWAT524

Bville by 14 . Mistakes could keep it close. Good luck to both teams!

pantherblue

Quote from: Turgin on November 19, 2015, 04:07:15 pm
I don't worry about wins or losses in the opening non-conference schedule too much. I guarantee Beebe would have a better record if they hadn't lost half of their two headed monster in the backfield so early.  They exposed Greenbrier's poor run defense in the season opener and Greenbrier WRs dropped too many balls to stay in it.  I look at the win over Heber Springs with much the same opinion as the loss to Benton.

LRC was a heartbreaker for sure.  Panther run D was the Achilles Heel again and that LRC back put on a show in the 2nd half.

Harrison was a butt kicking from start to finish in all phases of the game.  No excuses, it was bad.  Did the Panthers get cocky after almost handing it to LRC the week before and overlook Harrison?  Or were they emotionally drained after losing a close one to LRC?  Who knows, but on that night Harrison was the better team.  Thankfully we had a soft target the next week to get back on track.

So, I discount the season opener and the Benton game because they don't "count" for as much as the conference schedule.  I'd say the LRC and Harrison losses were both bad losses for different reasons but mainly because there's no such thing as a good loss.

Vilonia is what matters most!!! hahaha

Turgin

I WANT and HOPE Greenbrier wins this game.  I know several of these kids.  They've been to my house and eaten at my table.  I WANT it for them, but I KNOW its doubtful.  I know how many players are out or will be limited due to injuries and it would have been tough even with them all healthy.

Having said that, I'm going to be a homer and say 45-42 Panthers.  :P

pantherblue

MDXPHD

45 points on Batesville will be pretty impressive.

Bluepanther86

3 out the 4 past year GB has traveled to Batesville and it always seems that the mentality is that they are going to lose. My son played last year on a talented Greenbrier team. But Batesville just has these guys in a system they have been doing for so long its hard to beat them. If Greenbrier last year had the Offensive play calling like they have this year I would have bet GB would have went pretty deep in playoffs. But it always seems as if Greenbrier will always be victim to Batesville.

InYoGrill

Quote from: pantherblue on November 19, 2015, 04:11:11 pm
Quote from: Turgin on November 19, 2015, 04:07:15 pm

Vilonia is what matters most!!! hahaha

Yawn, Briar at Batesville.  I think I have leaves to burn that night.

Where is my picture of my Cracken monster when peter boy blue spews hatred for my beloved Eagles! Posty give me a picture for Blue please!

With that said, what the heck Briar by an extra point only because they actually have a kicker that can do that after 63 years of double whisky hut hut 2 pt conversion tries.  ;D ;D ;D

bobcat81

Quote from: Turgin on November 19, 2015, 03:07:03 pm
Quote from: pantherblue on November 19, 2015, 02:42:26 pm

I've been to every Panther game this year except Beebe in the season opener and the Maumelle game.  I have watched Hudl film on every game and I would absolutely agree with pantherblue.  We were simply outmatched against a top rated Benton team, but there has been a vast improvement in nearly all aspects for the Panthers since then.  Notably, the OL blocking is much improved.  However, the run defense is still inconsistent.

That Harrison game was just ugly beginning to end and even after the game.  Harrison showed up to play a football game, Greenbrier didn't, and they made us pay for it.
I wasn't saying Benton was a bad loss, although one could make an argument.  What I am saying is that the team that showed up against Benton was not the team that showed up against LRC, Vilonia and Morrilton (just one week later).  Yes, Benton is very, very good, but it would not have been 38-0 if GB had played like it did in the other three games mentioned.  Benton was just as good as last year and it was very competitive much of the game, and at their place. Again, all I'm saying is that had GB shown up in the Benton game, as it did in many of the other big games, it would have been closer than 38-0. 

But it's on to Batesville now.  I too am concerned about the recent rash of injuries and the impact that may have.  Greenbrier is very much a rhythm team at times, and changes on the line or in the skill positions can impact that.  Even wiht that I hope this is the year that the Panthers can put an end to the Pioneer playoff winning streak against them.     

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas