• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Batesville refs pt. 2

Started by Absolut, November 14, 2015, 01:23:21 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Absolut

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10201107065476177&id=1755198128
https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_fbid=10201106156573455&id=1755198128

The author of the Facebook posts is related to Jakobi Jackson, Watson Chapel's QB. I agree with everything he said. Once again WC gets screwed IN Batesville. It's becoming very apparent that we cannot get a fair shake in this particular community in Arkansas. For what reason I can only guess. WC battled all game and Jakobi had a stellar game once again at QB. BUT with the game on the line on 3rd down and INCHES inside the one yard line Jakobi did a QB sneak and SCORED but the refs refused to give him a TD. On 4th and goal once again another QB sneak and he SCORED AGAIN and the refs refused to award him a TD again. Both times he had forward momentum INCHES out from the goal line.
This is not the FIRST nor SECOND but THIRD time this kid has crossed the goal line against Batesville and some obvious incompetent or at the least ill willed people with sympathy towards Batesville denies WC of a victory. I said after the first week that if it was left up to me I would never play Batesville in ANY sport especially up there where our particular people can't get a fair shake. It's a shame our kids get cheated because of some collusion with people in this particular city.

ricepig

The refs were probably from south Arkansas, or more than likely, central Arkansas. AAA supplies the officials for playoff games, address your concerns with them.

WPWells

😂😂😂😂😂 Cry about it

NeverQuit

As has already been stated, the refs aren't from Batesville. And I don't know for certain but I highly doubt they were the same guys from earlier in the season. I've been in the position before with my kids where it seemed they didn't get a "fair" call. I've seen it appear to cost them a game. But I told my kids you can't let yourself get into a position where the officials determine whether you win or lose. Win the game outright. Don't get down to the wire hoping for a "fair" call. And don't whine or be a sore loser. I was glad to see your coaches go get the boys who tried to leave the field without shaking hands. The Batesville players didn't make the call. It was a hard fought game. The poor attitudes of the fans reflect poorly on your program.

spongebob

Instead of complaining about the one TD you didn't get, maybe you should focus your attention on the 42 points you gave up.

Rocko1493

The refs were not from Batesville. As far as the two attempts into the enzone.  Both times the qb knees hit the ground at first contact then try ed to push himself in

MDXPHD

Why must you cry about everything? If you didn't want to place us again you should have taken care of business in your conference.

InYoGrill

Target = complaining Chapel posters. LOL!

The_Pioneer

Just another case of the Man keepin ya down.

scoutteamshoota

When do we get the evidence that they were in fact cheated.  I would love and hate to see that.  Considering the referees are assigned to work the games, this would be a deep seeded conspiracy all the way down to Little Rock.  I am glad to see though that it is ok to teach a kid that he can show his disdain with a referee as long as he thinks the call is horrible and he was cheated.
Interesting game as usual with Chapel and Batesville.....something crazy always happening it seems. 

Rampage72501

Lost in the fact is that without the unsportsmanlike penalty on the player and then the coach, the Pioneers would have had to snap the football from inside the 1 with 18 seconds left on the clock and 1 Watson Chapel time out.  Keep your cool there, both the player and the coach, and who knows what happens...

4thandgoal

November 14, 2015, 10:34:42 pm #11 Last Edit: November 14, 2015, 10:37:44 pm by 4thandgoal
Quote from: Absolut on November 14, 2015, 01:23:21 pm

The author of the Facebook posts is related to Jakobi Jackson, Watson Chapel's QB. I agree with everything he said. Once again WC gets screwed IN Batesville. It's becoming very apparent that we cannot get a fair shake in this particular community in Arkansas. For what reason I can only guess. WC battled all game and Jakobi had a stellar game once again at QB. BUT with the game on the line on 3rd down and INCHES inside the one yard line Jakobi did a QB sneak and SCORED but the refs refused to give him a TD. On 4th and goal once again another QB sneak and he SCORED AGAIN and the refs refused to award him a TD again. Both times he had forward momentum INCHES out from the goal line.
This is not the FIRST nor SECOND but THIRD time this kid has crossed the goal line against Batesville and some obvious incompetent or at the least ill willed people with sympathy towards Batesville denies WC of a victory. I said after the first week that if it was left up to me I would never play Batesville in ANY sport especially up there where our particular people can't get a fair shake. It's a shame our kids get cheated because of some collusion with people in this particular city.

Quit WHINING. He did not score. It was close that's all. Get the basketballs out and shut up.

chaingang

Quote from: NeverQuit on November 14, 2015, 01:35:47 pm
As has already been stated, the refs aren't from Batesville. And I don't know for certain but I highly doubt they were the same guys from earlier in the season. I've been in the position before with my kids where it seemed they didn't get a "fair" call. I've seen it appear to cost them a game. But I told my kids you can't let yourself get into a position where the officials determine whether you win or lose. Win the game outright. Don't get down to the wire hoping for a "fair" call. And don't whine or be a sore loser. I was glad to see your coaches go get the boys who tried to leave the field without shaking hands. The Batesville players didn't make the call. It was a hard fought game. The poor attitudes of the fans reflect poorly on your program.
I agree with everything you said except the last line....... the coaches and young men may all work and strive to be a top shelve program and they can still have some'' Village Idoits '' it just happens sometimes.

Grond

Batesville defense is FRUSTRATINGLY GOOD at reading an offense, then making a good guess on where the ball is going.

I am NOT a fan of the QB sneak on short yardage. QB Option or QB Sweep is good.

Had Watson Chapel been able to run up the middle during the game?

photographer

Quote from: ricepig on November 14, 2015, 01:26:54 pm
The refs were probably from south Arkansas, or more than likely, central Arkansas. AAA supplies the officials for playoff games, address your concerns with them.

They were assigned, but they were from West Memphis.  He didn't cross the goal line at any point in time.  Hubby and I were shooting video and photos and knee hit the ground first on all counts.  He tried to get in the end zone low.  That didn't do it.
Watson Chapel was good, but there was a reason they were a 4 seed.  They are explosive and put up lots of points, but I noticed all year long that they gave up too many. points. 

Beardad

November 16, 2015, 07:48:20 am #15 Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 07:51:02 am by Beardad

Please Absolut, please tell us how those same refs cost you the game in the other 5 games you guys lost that weren't to teams named Batesville nor played in Batesville.

Chief_Osceolaâ„¢

It's becoming very apparent that we cannot get a fair shake in this particular community in Arkansas. For what reason I can only guess.

Rampage72501

Quote from: Chief_Osceolaâ„¢ on November 16, 2015, 03:05:24 pm
It's becoming very apparent that we cannot get a fair shake in this particular community in Arkansas. For what reason I can only guess.

Literally LOL'd.

CIA

Maynard G Krebs

hate to see the insinuations thrown out in the original post in regard to the motivation for bad officiating.   😕

Rampage72501

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on November 16, 2015, 05:09:56 pm
hate to see the insinuations thrown out in the original post in regard to the motivation for bad officiating.   😕

I thought about saying something, but have been too busy tracking down officials scheduled to call Watson Chapel basketball games to make sure they do what we need them to do.  Hopefully, I'll be able to get to the baseball/softball umpires in the next week.  It's good to work ahead...

Go Postal

Go Postal

The_Pioneer

I have an idea!  We should charge GB rent.  They come to Pioneer Stadium every playoff.  We can use the income to bring in better refs.  WC, your future problems are solved!  I should be an economist.

pantherblue

Quote from: The_Pioneer on November 16, 2015, 08:57:11 pm
I have an idea!  We should charge GB rent.  They come to Pioneer Stadium every playoff.  We can use the income to bring in better refs.  WC, your future problems are solved!  I should be an economist.
Hey you guys came to GB a few years back   ;D

InYoGrill

Quote from: pantherblue on November 17, 2015, 07:44:32 am

How long was a few years back?

pantherblue

Quote from: InYoGrill on November 17, 2015, 07:56:12 am

2 or 3   lol

photographer

It was 2012.  We were a #2 seed.  Greenbrier was #1 in the state.  We beat them and Pulaski Academy that year. 

pantherblue

Quote from: photographer on November 19, 2015, 11:11:46 am

It was 2012.  We were a #2 seed.  Greenbrier was #1 in the state.  We beat them and Pulaski Academy that year.

Correct!   I don't think GB ever got to #1 in the state though..  A 1 seed yes but probably no higher than 5th in the state.. They never get any love in rankings  lol

GuvHog

In my opinion neither Batesville nor it's fans had anything to do with what happened to WC there nor do I believe the Officials did it intentionally but they did screw the pooch badly in the 4th quarter. At no time this season have I come out and said that the officials cost WC a game (they did miss a call on one of Hope's onside kicks but WC gave that game away) but this one is the exception to that. The back to back offensive off sides penalties on WC when they hadn't even set up at the line of scrimmage to run the play were outrageously ridiculous. The official who called them was pitching a fit about something just before he called the first one.

SWAT524

ricepig

Quote from: SWAT524 on November 19, 2015, 04:09:08 pm
Will it ever End!

Nope, Guv is involved now, it will continue indefinitely.

The_Pioneer

The_Pioneer

The_Pioneer

ViloniaEaglestoWMS

But Batesville getting screwed over bc a wall near the field is a totally credible argument, guys

GuvHog

Quote from: The_Pioneer on November 20, 2015, 05:04:52 pm

I've said my piece but I'll add this and move on. Batesville should not be in the semi-finals, they didn't earn it, it was given to them.

MDXPHD

November 24, 2015, 01:29:19 pm #37 Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 02:02:43 pm by MDXPHD
Just like they haven't earned it the last 5 years. You lost to Batesville twice and blamed the refs twice, it's pretty sad.

Beardad

But WC earned it, no doubt.  Just like they have every year 2011 to now

WPWells

I guess WC earned it by playing Batesville within 7? Who's to say that Batesville wouldn't have gone on to win the game? GuvHog, you're just being pathetic now. Your friends from Jefferson County are crying on the 6A board about having to go on the road. Go join them

SWAT524

They didn't earn it ? Enjoy sitting at home thinking of what might have been . So your saying the 42 points that Bville put on WC mean nothing? Cmon man never leave it to the refs EVER! Good Luck to you next year. I hear Walmart is having a black friday sale on Kleenex you may want to look into that.

The_Pioneer

November 24, 2015, 05:42:54 pm #41 Last Edit: November 24, 2015, 08:30:07 pm by The_Pioneer
I've said my piece but I'll add this and move on. Batesville should not be in the semi-finals, they didn't earn it, it was given to them.

Rampage72501

Quote from: GuvHog on November 24, 2015, 01:04:19 pm

And yet we're playing Friday night while your team is not. 

If you ask me, our money was well spent.  ;)

photographer

Quote from: ViloniaEaglestoWMS on November 20, 2015, 07:17:11 pm
But Batesville getting screwed over bc a wall near the field is a totally credible argument, guys
I don't remember an issue of us losing because of that wall.  We just got beat last year.  That wall is dangerous.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas