• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hope at PA

Started by PA Dad, November 13, 2015, 09:45:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Redleg76

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on November 20, 2015, 10:30:52 pm
Not sure what a pab is, but I suggest some pepto for your sickness.   Not hiding behind a keyboard either.
Truth is I wanted to see that guy play because of all the hype and him going to the UA, but he disappointed me by his lack of effort.  But more importantly, he let his teammates down.  Every other Bobcat played with heart and full steam.   

Oh and I just found out what a pab is, and you too make me laugh.

Before we talk about young men and not being "good enough for the UofA" a few years ago one Hunter Henry refused to ply his position on on side kicks and wanted nothing to do with Batesville's hard hitting D in a playoff game.
Mr Henry is now the top rated TE in college football. - don't let one define an 18 year old kid. I wasn't at this game, but I am sure the player from Hope will learn from his experience and blossom into a helluva player.

mohawk1999

Anyone that thinks Agim is lazy and he is not as advertised has very limited football knowledge. With some of the crap some of you say on here I really wish you would man up and post you real name and not hide behind a username

PA Dad

Quote from: futurebobcatdad on November 21, 2015, 09:30:37 am
Great game last night and PA is aa advertised. The rb #28 really blow me away. i think we are still tryna find him this morning. You guys have a very good team that is very hard to beat. we forced 5 TO lastnight but only got 7pts out of it. Not makeing a excuse because you guys did what u had to do to win but our off played its worst game of the year. Idk if it was because we lost our best ath on off #9 Lawson who torn his MCL in the Blytheville game but our off just seemed out of sync to me. #1 Briggs had a heck of a game and tried to pick up the slack but it just wasnt enough. Again hats off to a great PA team on the win. I think ill be back in the rock next week for thst PA vs LRCA game.

Classy post.  Thanks.

spongebob

Quote from: PA Dad on November 21, 2015, 12:05:28 am
Quote from: Bobcatfan06 on November 20, 2015, 10:05:15 pm
Yes awful sportsmanship...and I can see how they make it so far.

Honest question.  How were the PA fans, players or coaches poor sports?

Every team seems to have its bad apples, but I think the PA fans, players and coaches strive hard to be respectful of opponents and to be good sports.  If we have failed in that endeavor, please tell us how so we can try to do better.
His idea of poor sportsmanship is PA putting 78 points on his ready-for-the-SEC defense. He will get over it just like 99% of most teams

Dawgfan

When Hope came to WH Agim was impressive. That being said. Between plays he didn't get in any hurry. I don't think I ever saw him run on or off the field. Thats not a knock on the kid. Take it for what you will. Just noting that I've read people say he looked gassed when in reality he just doesn't get in any hurry apparently.

PA Dad

I just saw the stats on Jaren Watkins last night.  16 carries for 278 yards.  Pretty impressive.

Youngsta71701

Was this a football game of a basketball game?! My God!

tigers14

What was the yardage total for both teams? Also what is PA's record for yards in a game?

Complete Biased PoV

I believe PA set a new school yardage record and points record with 840+ yards of offense and the 78 points.

tigers14

Wow, has #15 picked up any offers?

PA Dad

Quote from: tigers14 on November 21, 2015, 10:34:02 pm
Wow, has #15 picked up any offers?

Yes.  He has offers from Army, Air Force and one other school (I can't remember).  And I think Memphis is showing interest.

P.F.G.

Quote from: mohawk1999 on November 21, 2015, 11:15:08 am
Anyone that thinks Agim is lazy and he is not as advertised has very limited football knowledge. With some of the crap some of you say on here I really wish you would man up and post you real name and not hide behind a username

Says the guy who is posting behind a username.

Lumberjackfan1978

Quote from: PA Dad on November 21, 2015, 04:15:47 pm
I just saw the stats on Jaren Watkins last night.  16 carries for 278 yards.  Pretty impressive.
congrats on y'all win last night it turned out about the way I thought it would

PA Dad

Quote from: Lumberjackfan1978 on November 21, 2015, 11:00:12 pm
Quote from: PA Dad on November 21, 2015, 04:15:47 pm
congrats on y'all win last night it turned out about the way I thought it would

You called it much better than I did.  I really didn't see it being a mercy rule game.

PA Dad

Quote from: mohawk1999 on November 14, 2015, 11:29:09 pm
I have a feeling if Mr. Agim wants to get your QB'S jersey dirty he will.

He must not have wanted to.

4thandgoal

Quote from: PA Dad on November 22, 2015, 12:37:33 am

PA, has anyone besides Hope scored in the 50's on PA this year? This seems like it was a heck of game.

MB Hog

Great game!  I was truly impressed with Hope's QB and at least a couple of the receivers.  Those guys came down with several catches that PA seemed to have covered.  The Hope running game didn't do much, and that may have been the biggest difference in the game.

On defense, the defensive ends are huge, but the middle was very porous as both Jaren Watkins (28) and Tre Bruce (15) ran up the middle at will.

Gotta give credit to Hope for never giving up.  PA came close to mercy ruling them before the half, but Hope got a late TD to keep the clock from beating them.  They came out in the second half and refused to let PA get that magic 35 point margin until early in the 4th.  I think that's the first home game this season that we didn't mercy rule by halftime or very early in the 3rd.

Regarding Agim, he has all the tools, but I think he has too much of a load to play full throttle every play.  Get him at UA and they will get him the breaks he needs to stay fresh.  And even though he looks like he is in great shape, I'm sure UA can get him to a higher level of fitness.

Glad we made it through that one.  LRCA game will be interesting, too.

PA Dad

Quote from: 4thandgoal on November 22, 2015, 01:46:02 am
Quote from: PA Dad on November 22, 2015, 12:37:33 am

PA, has anyone besides Hope scored in the 50's on PA this year? This seems like it was a heck of game.

Hope scored the most points scored against PA this year - 44.  Hope's last touchdown was against the PA JV.  Warren scored 40, but I  think 2 of those scores were against the JV.

I was impressed with Hope's offense.  Hope has some really good receivers who caught balls when they were well covered and it looked like the DB had a chance to intercept.

Marblehog

It's pretty sad Agim played def end his entire career.  Should have been at MLB and FB.  Don't believe me just ask any coach in 5a

Red Devil Alum

Quote from: Marblehog on November 22, 2015, 03:00:44 pm
It's pretty sad Agim played def end his entire career.  Should have been at MLB and FB.  Don't believe me just ask any coach in 5a
He's not in good enough shape to do it.

He blocked the first extra point. Many of the XP later in the game he didn't even move at the snap.

Freight Train

Quote from: Redleg76 on November 21, 2015, 09:48:58 am
Not sure what a pab is, but I suggest some pepto for your sickness.   Not hiding behind a keyboard either.
Truth is I wanted to see that guy play because of all the hype and him going to the UA, but he disappointed me by his lack of effort.  But more importantly, he let his teammates down.  Every other Bobcat played with heart and full steam.   

Before we talk about young men and not being "good enough for the UofA" a few years ago one Hunter Henry refused to ply his position on on side kicks and wanted nothing to do with Batesville's hard hitting D in a playoff game.
Mr Henry is now the top rated TE in college football. - don't let one define an 18 year old kid. I wasn't at this game, but I am sure the player from Hope will learn from his experience and blossom into a helluva player.

Redleg, I was at that game and nothing and I mean nothing is farther from the truth about Hunter Henry. Batesville won the game and outplayed PA that night. But, I watched HH throughout high school and the kid was a real player and fighter. He gave great effort and was dominate almost every game I watched him in high school. I saw him go across the middle numerous times and take big time hits and get right up. Kid was something. Batesville is to be commended for their win a few years ago but HH wasn't afraid or quit or choose not to be on the kicking team. For some reason that night Kelly didn't throw to him a lot.

4thandgoal

Quote from: Freight Train on November 26, 2015, 08:40:23 am

Redleg, I was at that game and nothing and I mean nothing is farther from the truth about Hunter Henry. Batesville won the game and outplayed PA that night. But, I watched HH throughout high school and the kid was a real player and fighter. He gave great effort and was dominate almost every game I watched him in high school. I saw him go across the middle numerous times and take big time hits and get right up. Kid was something. Batesville is to be commended for their win a few years ago but HH wasn't afraid or quit or choose not to be on the kicking team. For some reason that night Kelly didn't throw to him a lot.

Maybe HH was sick, but he looked like he totally gave up that night on his team. That's just my opinion.

Red Devil Alum

Quote from: 4thandgoal on November 26, 2015, 01:21:37 pm

Maybe HH was sick, but he looked like he totally gave up that night on his team. That's just my opinion.
I was there too and strongly disagree.

4thandgoal

Quote from: Red Devil Alum on November 26, 2015, 01:24:40 pm
Quote from: 4thandgoal on November 26, 2015, 01:21:37 pm

I was there too and strongly disagree.

There is nothing wrong with disagreeing. I'm just calling it as several fans and I saw it that night.

Intelligentsia

I was surprised that night that they did not try to go to HH more, though the Pioneers certainly had him covered as well as possible.   The winning ingredients that night were pressure on the PA QB, recovering every onside kick and an exceptionally dominant Pioneer O-Line who allowed the Pioneers to control the clock.

Overdahill

Quote from: Intelligentsia on November 26, 2015, 11:42:54 pm
I was surprised that night that they did not try to go to HH more, though the Pioneers certainly had him covered as well as possible.   The winning ingredients that night were pressure on the PA QB, recovering every onside kick and an exceptionally dominant Pioneer O-Line who allowed the Pioneers to control the clock.

Batesville was the first team all that year to recognize that PA was undersized at the nose position and attack up the middle where PA was relatively soft (and had the tools to do it...big mobile lineman and downhill runners). All year opposing teams would try to run wide where PA had large and mobile D ends. And Batesville's D pressure forced a number of turnovers. Credit to Batesville coaching staff and players that game

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas