• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Hope at PA

Started by PA Dad, November 13, 2015, 09:45:09 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PA Dad

Congrats to Hope on a good win over Blytheville.  Coming back to win shows real resolve and guts.

This should be a good matchup.  I'm looking forward to a hard fought contest.

Yellowcake

Me, too. We gotta buckle up to beat Hope.

MDXPHD

Chief_Osceola™

I'm going with PA by 3 scores.

The_Pioneer

Menudo 56
New Kids on the Block 14

fleaflicker24

Gonna be a good game. Will take a mistake free and a full 4 quarters by Hope to have a chance! 

Intelligentsia

Mercy clock turns mid-way in the 4th quarter - PA 56 - Hope 21.

Lanny

P.F.G.

PA by however many they want. Won't be able to blame the officials for this game.

Overdahill

Gimme Time is over now - I see every week as a battle the rest of the way for PA. May the ride continue :)

4thandgoal

Quote from: Yellowcake on November 13, 2015, 09:47:19 pm
Me, too. We gotta buckle up to beat Hope.

Dude,

You are from Hope.

futurebobcatdad

Quote from: PA Dad on November 13, 2015, 09:45:09 pm
Congrats to Hope on a good win over Blytheville.  Coming back to win shows real resolve and guts.

How big is you guys stadium? I know Hope will bring a crowd plus the extra people that will be there

4thandgoal

Quote from: futurebobcatdad on November 14, 2015, 08:38:16 am
Quote from: PA Dad on November 13, 2015, 09:45:09 pm

How big is you guys stadium? I know Hope will bring a crowd plus the extra people that will be there

Don't worry about our stadium. You better worry about the size of our players.

NeverQuit

PA has a tiny stadium. Get there at 5:30.

mohawk1999

It's always fun when a public school gets to play a Junior college.  Looking forward to another team that tries to knock off Goliath.  I'll be pulling for the underdog Hope in this one.

incogneto

I think Hope's DEs are going to cause PA some problems.  PA still wins this one though. 

InYoGrill

Quote from: P.F.G. on November 14, 2015, 05:26:35 am
PA by however many they want. Won't be able to blame the officials for this game.

LOL! Hope will be warming the buses up by halftime.

Overdahill

Quote from: incogneto on November 14, 2015, 11:38:29 am
I think Hope's DEs are going to cause PA some problems.  PA still wins this one though.

They may early but they will be gassed by mid 2nd half

rapstr

Lol I find it funny that none of you even give hope a chance. I hope they literally dominate Pa in the phase of the game. Has Pa even seen a team as physical as hope with as much speed as hope speed as hope has?

Overdahill

strongandsteady

Seen Hope a couple times this season. Hope will make this a game PA won't run all over or pass all over Hope I can assure that but I know nothing about 5A football

walkingguy72396

Quote from: strongandsteady on November 14, 2015, 12:21:51 pm
Seen Hope a couple times this season. Hope will make this a game PA won't run all over or pass all over Hope I can assure that but I know nothing about 5A football

Only way to assure that is turn-overs.  Once PA has the ball.  Getting it back with-out them scoring is rare.  Getting it back after PA scores my guess about 1 out 5.  Any body know the actual ratio this season?

rona

PA should win this one and I believe will win another State Championship. Truly kgood program. Commited Fans, excellent Assistant Coaches, and really Good Players. Head coach good, but completly void of class.

PA Dad

Quote from: rapstr on November 14, 2015, 11:56:59 am
Lol I find it funny that none of you even give hope a chance. I hope they literally dominate Pa in the phase of the game. Has Pa even seen a team as physical as hope with as much speed as hope speed as hope has?

I have not seen Hope play but they got a good win over Blytheville.  I certainly give Hope a chance to beat PA.  But, PA looked ready to play last night.  They've had a couple of games where it took them a quarter or a half to get going, but I don't think that will happen in the playoffs.   So, I expect good play by both teams and a hard fought game.

futurebobcatdad

Quote from: NeverQuit on November 14, 2015, 09:01:57 am
Thanks that's what i needed to know. some people just try to make a argument bout anything. i just wanted to know so we see whats a good time to leave

Complete Biased PoV

Quote from: rona on November 14, 2015, 12:57:20 pm
PA should win this one and I believe will win another State Championship. Truly kgood program. Commited Fans, excellent Assistant Coaches, and really Good Players. Head coach good, but completly void of class.

What exactly makes you feel this way?  Him having his team go and visit St Jude's research hospital on game day before playing @Wynne?  Having his team go and spend the morning with kids at Pediatrics Plus in Little Rock?  Or is it because his teams put up a lot of points and you just feel that it is "unfair"?  You may need to re-think your definition of class.

Yellowcake

I am a PA guy and probably one of the few here who have seen both play. Hope's defensive ends will indeed give PA problems. And they have good size and speed. I think this will be a tough game.

With respect to junior college comments, please grow up, then learn the facts.

rona

Quote from: Complete Biased PoV on November 14, 2015, 04:07:40 pm

What exactly makes you feel this way?  Him having his team go and visit St Jude's research hospital on game day before playing @Wynne?  Having his team go and spend the morning with kids at Pediatrics Plus in Little Rock?  Or is it because his teams put up a lot of points and you just feel that it is "unfair"?  You may need to re-think your definition of class.

"Having His Team Go"... Exactly the point. Ego beyond belief concerning self! Not questioning his ability as a Coach. Know a lot of Coaches in Arkansas - some very good men, yet  I know not one that has true respect for he as a person. It is truly sad!

Complete Biased PoV

Quote from: rona on November 14, 2015, 05:29:40 pm

"Having His Team Go"... Exactly the point. Ego beyond belief concerning self! Not questioning his ability as a Coach. Know a lot of Coaches in Arkansas - some very good men, yet  I know not one that has true respect for he as a person. It is truly sad!

So you are saying a football team visiting with sick children is a classless act?  You are a special kind of stupid.  "A lot" is a very subjective term, for all I know "a lot" to you could be 2 or 3. With your ludicrous statements I seriously doubt you actually have any knowledge concerning the subject matter. The ones who you claim say they don't respect him, most likely don't even know him on a personal level. 

MDXPHD

Let's not get caught up in how much charity work PA does and how good of people they are. A good deed loses a lot of it's worth if people have to let it be known. I am glad PA does it, but they should do that stuff for themselves and not just for good publicity.  But hey, PA has always been good at marketing.  ;)

Let's just focus on playing Hope. I'm torn on this game because I want them both to lose. I think I may just like the PA posters better, so I'll go for them. It pains me to go for them though..I say they win 49-28. Mercy clock in the 3rd before PA let's Hope close the gap a little.

Overdahill

^^ that's right; we need to keep the focus on the home cooking at Batesville :D
JK, let's get back to actual football

PA Dad

I assume you know Coach Kelley and have personal knowledge on which to base your statement.  If not, your opinion is worth nothing.

More importantly, calling names adds nothing to, and in fact detracts from, the discussion of the game.

scoutteamshoota

People will always hate winners.    Its been that way forever.  And I am not a fan of PA....just only hear great things about their coaching staff and school. 

4thandgoal

Yes sir they have seen the speed and the physical abilities of other teams. We see it at practice as well. Don't get it twisted thinking that we are not fast. While reading your comments, I see that you are really scared, worried, and bothered. I don't think that you will get much sleep this week. Someone is really worried!!!!!!

4thandgoal

Quote from: futurebobcatdad on November 14, 2015, 03:26:20 pm
Quote from: NeverQuit on November 14, 2015, 09:01:57 am
Thanks that's what i needed to know. some people just try to make a argument bout anything. i just wanted to know so we see whats a good time to leave

You can leave around half time to make it back home in time.

4thandgoal

Is it because of his championship rings that some do not have and the one he will get this year? Stop hating.

Ingredient to almost beating us?
Recover all of the off side kicks
Score every time you get the ball
Stop the precision passing attack by disrupting our timing
Stop our running game
Get several helmets on the qb. His jersey stays clean and he don't like to get hit
Make a wish that we forfeit
Note:  You are still not guaranteed a win.

mohawk1999

I have a feeling if Mr. Agim wants to get your QB'S jersey dirty he will. 

PA Dad

Actually, we have not.  We've played mostly lower level 2A teams.

rapstr

Quote from: PA Dad on November 15, 2015, 12:07:56 am

Actually, we have not.  We've played mostly lower level 2A teams.
All I'm saying PA better give their best shot because Hope is a very physical team with good team speed. I feel like Pa would have to beat us through the air and with all those trick plays and kicks they love to run.

FootballTime44

I understand everyone who is picking PA to roll in this one but I've watched Hope play and I've watched the monster PA play this year. This PA team is not the best PA team but there still very good. Hope can score with PA all day. I don't think PA's defense will stop Hope that many times and the same with Hope. Also Hope will recover all of PA'S onside kicks. Hope is they type of team that feeds on momentum. Hope fans typically travel good so I'm expecting a big turnout from both teams. By watching both teams this year, I honestly believe there about even. This just has the feeling of an upset.
Hope 42
PA 36

Overdahill

They may dominate in the punting game  ;)

MDXPHD

Quote from: FootballTime44 on November 15, 2015, 09:15:56 am
I understand everyone who is picking PA to roll in this one but I've watched Hope play and I've watched the monster PA play this year. This PA team is not the best PA team but there still very good. Hope can score with PA all day. I don't think PA's defense will stop Hope that many times and the same with Hope. Also Hope will recover all of PA'S onside kicks. Hope is they type of team that feeds on momentum. Hope fans typically travel good so I'm expecting a big turnout from both teams. By watching both teams this year, I honestly believe there about even. This just has the feeling of an upset.
Hope 42
PA 36

I'm glad you know this will happen.

So, neither defense will get many stops, yet Hope holds PA to 36? PA should score more than 36.

futurebobcatdad

should be a instresting game. PA is and has been the top dogs in 5a for awhile. In order to be the best you have to beat the best. Pa off is very efficient and smooth. They are a timing off from what i have saw. it will take the defense that showed up the 2nd half vs Blytheville if we wanna play with them. i think both off will move the ball well to start the game and may be tied at the half. which ever team that makes the best half time adjustments win this one. Ill be a little basis in this one and pick Hope 56 PA 52 in a shootout

Red Devil Alum

Quote from: Complete Biased PoV on November 14, 2015, 05:41:11 pm

I know him and he is a good man.

So you are saying a football team visiting with sick children is a classless act?  You are a special kind of stupid.  "A lot" is a very subjective term, for all I know "a lot" to you could be 2 or 3. With your ludicrous statements I seriously doubt you actually have any knowledge concerning the subject matter. The ones who you claim say they don't respect him, most likely don't even know him on a personal level.

CF

Hope is good but not that good.   PA wins big time

Dalegribble

We r not some team in your conference. We are gonna punish you with our slime and when u get time to throw we will defend it. You are gonna score but so are we. We are coming to little rock to beat y'all and make u like it. After Friday all that hype is gone.

Overdahill

Quote from: Dalegribble on November 15, 2015, 07:38:35 pm
We r not some team in your conference. We are gonna punish you with our slime and when u get time to throw we will defend it. You are gonna score but so are we. We are coming to little rock to beat y'all and make u like it. After Friday all that hype is gone.

Good luck Friday. I must say I have never heard of the slime punishment but it sounds pretty harsh  :D

PA Dad

Quote from: Dalegribble on November 15, 2015, 07:38:35 pm

You're going to punish us with your slime?!  What kind of slime are you bringing ?😜

Grond

So, does Hope bring anything to the game that Pulaski Academy has not seen?

Has PA seen any talent similar to Agim? (Has ANYONE seen that?  :o)

Overdahill

Hope has lost twice this year already and just squeezed by Watson Chapel. Yes, they have some big time players but it's certainly not a mountain PA can't scale (if others already have)

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas