• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wynne Vs LRC

Started by justalionfan, November 13, 2015, 09:29:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

#1jacketfan

Quote from: the voice on November 16, 2015, 11:07:08 pm
I don't know how tough their schedule was or wasn't. I do appreciate your clearing things up. There are 8 teams left. All are good teams , l don't think anyone wins easy from here on out. The bottom side of the bracket is easily the side everyone would want to be on. Just the luck of the draw. I personally think a couple teams are rated a little high based on past success more so than how good they actually are. It will all come out in the wash in the coming days. Gonna be fun to watch. I'll be there watching
I won't take away the fact that LRC has a great football team and has some great athletes....but their schedule is about as weak as strained water!

the voice

Well that's your opinion, the strength of schedule won't matter in the final score. Wynne played a tougher early schedule and lost some games. You're still here. I hope Wynne is preparing for them. I want to see a Yellowjackets victory. I just keep reading all you people knocking them for their schedule and making out like they aren't deserving.  Morrilton was a two seed from the west and beat some one seeds two years ago and folks doubted their schedule, they had some losses that were scrutinized as well. LRC is better than the PA team you faced in championship last year. Some say your defense is better. I hope so. You had pa down but couldn't hold on. I hope you're right , hope they win.  I'm gonna be there cheering for you guys. Just like I was in championship last year. I stayed longer than some of your fans. I think that they are the team to beat. I'll make so pa posters mad with that but it's my opinion. Hope Wynne knocks them off. 

SWAT524

Wynne by 7 . That being said Wynne cant make any Mistakes!

Overdahill

^^ HA, you're not gonna make me mad. I wish everyone would put the target on LRCA or anyone but PA :)

#1jacketfan

Quote from: the voice on November 17, 2015, 10:48:52 am
Well that's your opinion, the strength of schedule won't matter in the final score. Wynne played a tougher early schedule and lost some games. You're still here. I hope Wynne is preparing for them. I want to see a Yellowjackets victory. I just keep reading all you people knocking them for their schedule and making out like they aren't deserving.  Morrilton was a two seed from the west and beat some one seeds two years ago and folks doubted their schedule, they had some losses that were scrutinized as well. LRC is better than the PA team you faced in championship last year. Some say your defense is better. I hope so. You had pa down but couldn't hold on. I hope you're right , hope they win.  I'm gonna be there cheering for you guys. Just like I was in championship last year. I stayed longer than some of your fans. I think that they are the team to beat. I'll make so pa posters mad with that but it's my opinion. Hope Wynne knocks them off.
LRC may win the whole thing and if they do they will have deserved it....they still have a weak schedule....and I doubt very seriously that they are better than Wynne or PA's last year team!

the voice

I would expect a Wynne fan to disagree with that. I've seen them play. The schedule is what it is weak or strong. They've won them all to this point, maybe they don't this week. I just know how good wynnes defense was last year. I heard much about it. It was my understanding this year was a rebuilding year with younger players and new offense. I could be completely wrong. Perhaps I am. Point is some of the posters think because a tougher schedule has been played (perhaps) that LRC is not going to be ready or able to play with Wynne. I think the score needs to be in the thirties at most for Wynne to get a victory. It's going to take outstanding effort and execution of game plan to hold them to this score. Something no one has been able to do. Although the west isn't quite what it was a couple years ago it's not a one or two team conference either. They have won a state title in last couple of years. I have respect for your conference, wynne and batesville are tough and have traditionally be close to winning it all.

Rocket23

Also Crocket was hurt a lot of year or at least battled a bad ankle or hamstring throughout.

#1jacketfan

Quote from: the voice on November 17, 2015, 11:34:16 am
I would expect a Wynne fan to disagree with that. I've seen them play. The schedule is what it is weak or strong. They've won them all to this point, maybe they don't this week. I just know how good wynnes defense was last year. I heard much about it. It was my understanding this year was a rebuilding year with younger players and new offense. I could be completely wrong. Perhaps I am. Point is some of the posters think because a tougher schedule has been played (perhaps) that LRC is not going to be ready or able to play with Wynne. I think the score needs to be in the thirties at most for Wynne to get a victory. It's going to take outstanding effort and execution of game plan to hold them to this score. Something no one has been able to do. Although the west isn't quite what it was a couple years ago it's not a one or two team conference either. They have won a state title in last couple of years. I have respect for your conference, wynne and batesville are tough and have traditionally be close to winning it all.
I haven't disagreed with anything you said sir...all I said is they have a weak schedule...that doesn't mean I'm saying their weak...they maybe the best team in 5A....I'm sure LRC will be ready....good luck to you guys!

mohawk1999

Wynne wins this one in a close one.

Hogsfan01

Quote from: InYoGrill on November 14, 2015, 03:24:35 pm
Quote from: #1jacketfan on November 14, 2015, 09:19:26 am
I've looked at LRC schedule and I just don't see any solid teams that they've played...looks like they have a really weak schedule?

Bring your B team and rest your A team for the 3rd rd. LRC is just a small private school. They have no athletes with little size. They won a very weak weak west conference this season. You guys will easily roll them on their turf. No worries....

I hope your being sarcastic because LRCA is the real deal they have many athletes and a lot of size. Guess we will have to see this Friday buddy!

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: #1jacketfan on November 17, 2015, 11:17:14 am
LRC may win the whole thing and if they do they will have deserved it....they still have a weak schedule....and I doubt very seriously that they are better than Wynne or PA's last year team!

Good thing those 2 weren't on the schedule this year.

razorcooler

LRCA rolls into the showdown next week with PA. Feed Crockett and the rest will take care of itself. Warriors in control. LRCA 42 Wynne 28

Go Postal

Quote from: Hogsfan01 on November 17, 2015, 08:56:30 pm
Quote from: InYoGrill on November 14, 2015, 03:24:35 pm
Quote from: #1jacketfan on November 14, 2015, 09:19:26 am
I've looked at LRC schedule and I just don't see any solid teams that they've played...looks like they have a really weak schedule?

Bring your B team and rest your A team for the 3rd rd. LRC is just a small private school. They have no athletes with little size. They won a very weak weak west conference this season. You guys will easily roll them on their turf. No worries....

I hope your being sarcastic because LRCA is the real deal they have many athletes and a lot of size. Guess we will have to see this Friday buddy!
If you knew Grill, he is being sarcastic.  He is very much a West fan.  He also does appreciate any great team in any conference except when they play the West during playoffs.  I imagine that he is a #1 PA fan this week, but not next week if LRCA wins this game.

BTW:  Welcome to Fearless Friday!

FD4

Yawn, Smak lips, look down into my bowl of shredded wheat....You know, all you have to do is look at some game film of the Wynne CV game.  Nasty defense, I mean nasty.  Wynne will tempo this game, score on every possession except one.  The Defense will keep LRC guessing all night.  Another 400+yard offensive outing in route to a 45/21 thumping of LRC.

the voice

LRC is very different than the team you played last week. I hope Wynne pulls it out. I think people are speaking before knowing.  They aren't cfv, lol, is the Wynne defense better than last years runner up team ? They couldn't slow down PA and spread attack. It seems like a lot of folks think no one outside of their conference plays good football. Granted the east is usually in the championship game, and we always hear how they are gonna do this and that , yet they come up short or wide on a kick. My team is out , I'm pulling for Wynne, but I don't think it's gonna be a yawning no problem game.

#1jacketfan

Quote from: the voice on November 18, 2015, 03:26:51 pm
LRC is very different than the team you played last week. I hope Wynne pulls it out. I think people are speaking before knowing.  They aren't cfv, lol, is the Wynne defense better than last years runner up team ? They couldn't slow down PA and spread attack. It seems like a lot of folks think no one outside of their conference plays good football. Granted the east is usually in the championship game, and we always hear how they are gonna do this and that , yet they come up short or wide on a kick. My team is out , I'm pulling for Wynne, but I don't think it's gonna be a yawning no problem game.
What game are you referring to when you say we didn't slow PA down...cause last year PA scored a total of 10 pts in the 2nd half of the championship game....and we held them to 7 pts in the first half of this years game.

FD4

Tell us one thing for sure, PA will never toss another middle screen against Wynne, at least one that 28 will to catch, BAYAM! Lastly LRC had better pass with outstanding percentage, state record percentage, or it will be clock city in the second half.

the voice

Yeah , I was there. Shame you can't put those together and call it holding them to 17. Realty is they won. Can't pull pieces of games out and use them to prove a point. As I said I hope Wynne pulls it off. It's that logic you used talking about two games that has people thinking it's gonna be an easy game. If scores in the 30s Wynne can win. Go Yellowjackets

beach bum

LRC by 35..... 49-14 will be the final.

#1jacketfan

Quote from: the voice on November 18, 2015, 06:00:45 pm
Yeah , I was there. Shame you can't put those together and call it holding them to 17. Realty is they won. Can't pull pieces of games out and use them to prove a point. As I said I hope Wynne pulls it off. It's that logic you used talking about two games that has people thinking it's gonna be an easy game. If scores in the 30s Wynne can win. Go Yellowjackets
I didn't say we won...you said we didn't slow them down...which is not true....besides you need to be pulling for LRC...Wynne has plenty of fans!

the voice

I'll pull for who I want to win. Just because I see things differently doesn't mean I'm for the other team. It's just unrealistic to think it's gonna be easy. Some people don't like to hear that I guess.

MDXPHD

It's going to be hard for lrc or anyone to put up a lot of points on Wynne. Not because Wynne has an awesome defense, but they have a decent defense combined with an offense that controls the clock. It's hard to prepare for a team like Wynne because so few teams run that style of offense anymore and you don't see it every week. They will have some long sustained drives against lrc and limit lrc's possessions.

mohawk1999

That is true, but on the other hand if LRC jumps ahead by a couple of TD'S it's going to be hard for Wynne to catch up.

the voice

Thank you MDXPHD!! My point exactly! The offense controls the clock. Which limits possession, which is why PA was limited in the first half. If Wynne can sustain drives long enough without turnovers or self destructing , it's game on. The problem is LRC usually scores when they have the ball. I'm glad you put that out there. Because some have really touted the defense as world beaters. I watched wynnes practice today. They're getting ready.  Looking good.

MDXPHD

Quote from: mohawk1999 on November 18, 2015, 07:04:48 pm
That is true, but on the other hand if LRC jumps ahead by a couple of TD'S it's going to be hard for Wynne to catch up.

Yeah, but it might take awhile to jump up by two td's on Wynne. PA was fortunate enough to force a fumble on Wynne's opening drive of the second half, or that game could have been 28-7. PA got the ball, scored, recovered a couple onsides and kept the ball from Wynne. Wynne is very capable of beating any team in 5A if they don't turn the ball over. It will be a good game.

Intelligentsia

Quote from: beach bum on November 18, 2015, 06:11:31 pm

Wow - That's a gutsy prediction!!

Overdahill

November 18, 2015, 08:54:57 pm #76 Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 09:08:09 pm by Overdahill
Quote from: Intelligentsia on November 18, 2015, 08:52:23 pm
Quote from: beach bum on November 18, 2015, 06:11:31 pm

Wow - That's a gutsy prediction!!

well, thats one word for it ;)  I wonder when was the last time Wynne got mercy-ruled?

PA Dad

I don't think either team will blow the other team out.  I expect a close, hard fought game. 

It's true that fans from every conference think their teams are the best.  That's natural and expected.  But when you get to this stage of the playoffs the teams are usually pretty evenly matched and blowouts are pretty rare.

Grond

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 18, 2015, 06:36:40 pm
It's going to be hard for lrc or anyone to put up a lot of points on Wynne. Not because Wynne has an awesome defense, but they have a decent defense combined with an offense that controls the clock. It's hard to prepare for a team like Wynne because so few teams run that style of offense anymore and you don't see it every week. They will have some long sustained drives against lrc and limit lrc's possessions.

Well said.....+1

Going to be interesting to see if Wynne has improved the flexbone outside run, and developed the passing game more. I think they have, but LRC is tough.

#1jacketfan

Quote from: the voice on November 18, 2015, 06:25:43 pm
I'll pull for who I want to win. Just because I see things differently doesn't mean I'm for the other team. It's just unrealistic to think it's gonna be easy. Some people don't like to hear that I guess.
Dang don't get your panties in a wad...I never said it would be easy...in fact it's going to be a very very tough game...it won't be easy....now is that better!

Overdahill

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 18, 2015, 06:36:40 pm

Kind of how Texas' defense looked so good when Vince Young and then Colt McCoy kept moving the chains: after they graduated the shroud was dropped and their defense was just average or below average

Go Postal

Anyone can beat anyone in any given night.  I'd seen LRCA play this year but still haven't seen Wynne yet.  I read all the posts above but I wanted to get a better understanding of what this games matchup of both teams might be.  I went back and looked at both teams current seasonal and conference records.  I then looked at their Points For and Points Against seasonal records.  Then I listed from high to low for each team played by their conference size and current seasonal record with a win or loss and the score as below...

Wynne Yellowjackets 7-4-0 (6-1) PF 339 PA 214
5A Pulaski Academy (11-0) L, 21 - 35

5A Batesville (8-3) L, 14 - 31
5A Blytheville (8-3) W, 28 - 20

5A Forrest City (6-5) W, 37 - 6
5A Camden Fairview (6-5) W, 48-13

7A/6A Marion (5-6) L, 23 - 26
7A/6A West Memphis (5-6) L, 19 - 20
5A Nettleton (5-5) W, 37 - 21

5A Valley View (2-8) W, 28 - 14

5A Greene County Tech (1-9) W, 42 - 21
5A Paragould (1-9) W, 42 - 7   

Little Rock Christian Warriors 11-0-0 (7-0) PF 545 PA 303
4A Fountain Lake (8-3) W, 47 - 7

5A Greenbrier (7-4) W, 43 - 42
5A Morrilton (7-4) W, 49 - 21

5A Sylvan Hills (6-4) W, 42 - 15

5A Vilonia (5-6) W, 40 - 23
5A Farmington (5-5) W, 62 - 20

5A Harrison (4-6) W, 58 - 21

5A Maumelle (3-7) W, 49 - 7

5A Jacksonville   (2-7) W, 49 - 13

5A Clarksville (1-9) W, 58 - 21

5A White Hall (0-10) W, 48 - 13

...Then I got hold of everyone that I could think of that would not be bias for either team or conference to give me what they thought of both teams.  I put all that together and all I could come up with is this...

WYNNE fans     LRCA fans

;D ;) :) But seriously, this should be a great game between two fantastic teams.  May the best team win!!!
GO WEST!!!

PA Dad

Quote from: Go Postal on November 18, 2015, 09:40:16 pm
Anyone can beat anyone in any given night.  I'd seen LRCA play this year but still haven't seen Wynne yet.  I read all the posts above but I wanted to get a better understanding of what this games matchup of both teams might be.  I went back and looked at both teams current seasonal and conference records.  I then looked at their Points For and Points Against seasonal records.  Then I listed from high to low for each team played by their conference size and current seasonal record with a win or loss and the score as below...

...Then I got hold of everyone that I could think of that would not be bias for either team or conference to give me what they thought of both teams.  I put all that together and all I could come up with is this...

WYNNE fans     LRCA fans

;D ;) :) But seriously, this should be a great game between two fantastic teams.  May the best team win!!!
GO WEST!!!

Great post and well said.  Other than the PA game, which is where I will be, this is the game I'd like to see (but only if I could get a seat.  LRC's stadium is nearly as small as PA's).

oldude

November 18, 2015, 10:39:11 pm #83 Last Edit: November 18, 2015, 11:03:33 pm by oldude
Quote from: Go Postal on November 18, 2015, 09:40:16 pm

WYNNE fans     LRCA fans

GO WEST!!!

Good post. One correction: LRCA has given up 203 points, not 303.

the voice

November 18, 2015, 11:13:25 pm #84 Last Edit: November 19, 2015, 04:27:35 am by the voice
So Wynne beat 3 teams with winning record ? LRC beat 4 teams with a winning record. Now I think someone else got their panties in a wad because I said something good about opponent, water under the bridge. I'm pulling for Wynne , and I agree it's wynnes ball control that's won them games.  I also agree that blow outs are rare at this stage , I don't think this game will be.  But on the other side there could be. 

Thanks for the post showing the whole season for both teams. Must say its a little eye opening, kinda puts things in perspective. Be nice to see that on every team.

#1jacketfan

Quote from: the voice on November 18, 2015, 11:13:25 pm
So Wynne beat 3 teams with winning record ? LRC beat 4 teams with a winning record. Now I think someone else got their panties in a wad because I said something good about opponent, water under the bridge. I'm pulling for Wynne , and I agree it's wynnes ball control that's won them games.  I also agree that blow outs are rare at this stage , I don't think this game will be.  But on the other side there could be. 

Thanks for the post showing the whole season for both teams. Must say its a little eye opening, kinda puts things in perspective. Be nice to see that on every team.
Anything else you want to add to your whiny little post?

the voice

I pretty much covered it. But thanks for asking. It doesn't prove anything to argue back and forth. The game will be played and decide who moves on. I'm surprised that both teams faced so many with a losing record. There was no whining, the only I've read was by some saying what an easy schedule some had. In looking at the other play off brackets I was surprised at how many teams finished.500 or one game over. Appears from just looking at record alone and not knowing details of every team that one could assume teams are  pretty equal with exception of a few really dominant teams in each class.

#1jacketfan

Quote from: the voice on November 19, 2015, 11:07:15 am
I pretty much covered it. But thanks for asking. It doesn't prove anything to argue back and forth. The game will be played and decide who moves on. I'm surprised that both teams faced so many with a losing record. There was no whining, the only I've read was by some saying what an easy schedule some had. In looking at the other play off brackets I was surprised at how many teams finished.500 or one game over. Appears from just looking at record alone and not knowing details of every team that one could assume teams are  pretty equal with exception of a few really dominant teams in each class.
The 4th seed from the East could beat anyone of those teams on LRC schedule!

pantherblue

Quote from: #1jacketfan on November 19, 2015, 11:52:30 am

Haha  Your 4 seed didn't beat anyone worth talking about...   Did anyone they beat even have a winning record?

#1jacketfan

Quote from: pantherblue on November 19, 2015, 12:29:40 pm

Haha  Your 4 seed didn't beat anyone worth talking about...   Did anyone they beat even have a winning record?
The teams they beat would have made it to the playoffs if they were in the west...lol

pantherblue

Quote from: #1jacketfan on November 19, 2015, 12:50:50 pm

The teams they beat would have made it to the playoffs if they were in the west...lol

Very doubtful...  As Wynne will find out tomorrow night    :P

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: #1jacketfan on November 19, 2015, 12:50:50 pm

AirWarren

So PA and LRC won't meet in the finals, correct?

PA Dad

Quote from: AirWarren on November 19, 2015, 01:19:51 pm

That's right.  If both win this week, they meet in the semis next week.

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: PA Dad on November 19, 2015, 01:31:50 pm

Forgive my laziness - where will that game be played should those 2 move on to next Friday?

pantherblue

Guess that means GB plays either McClellan or Lakeside next week..    ;D  ;D  ;D

the voice

Well if you're going to compare , your 1seed lost by 8 to searcy, Morrilton lost by 4 to them, so maybe our three seed beats your one. Bottom line is anyone can beat anyone on a given night. It really looks like the east and west were pretty close actually, both have two still in it. The west three lost by two in a game that could've gone either way. Both had teams with losing records on the bottom and teams with better conference record than outside of it. When was the last time the east won a title ?

AirWarren

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on November 19, 2015, 01:35:41 pm

Forgive my laziness - where will that game be played should those 2 move on to next Friday?

LRC I think.

They will have cars parked all along highway 10 man. There is not going to be enough room to hold all of little rock at that teeny tiny field.

Intelligentsia

Quote from: pantherblue on November 19, 2015, 01:35:51 pm

Guess that means GB plays either McClellan or Lakeside next week..    ;D  ;D  ;D

I appreciate your optimism:)

Rocket23

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on November 19, 2015, 01:35:41 pm

It will be played at LRCA if it happens.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas