• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wynne Vs LRC

Started by justalionfan, November 13, 2015, 09:29:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Chief_Osceola™

Quote from: AirWarren on November 19, 2015, 01:46:57 pm
Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on November 19, 2015, 01:35:41 pm
Quote from: PA Dad on November 19, 2015, 01:31:50 pm
Quote from: AirWarren on November 19, 2015, 01:19:51 pm
So PA and LRC won't meet in the finals, correct?

That's right.  If both win this week, they meet in the semis next week.

Forgive my laziness - where will that game be played should those 2 move on to next Friday?

LRC I think.

They will have cars parked all along highway 10 man. There is not going to be enough room to hold all of little rock at that teeny tiny field.

No kidding.  We could see a line of cars from I430 to Chenal parked along Cantrell.  Which gives me an idea - I could probably run a pretty good shuttle service racket for those who have to walk a long way. 

PA Dad

Forgive my laziness - where will that game be played should those 2 move on to next Friday?

LRC

pantherblue

Quote from: Intelligentsia on November 19, 2015, 01:48:35 pm
Quote from: pantherblue on November 19, 2015, 01:35:51 pm

Guess that means GB plays either McClellan or Lakeside next week..    ;D  ;D  ;D

I appreciate your optimism:)

We are due!!    ;)

warriorgrandpa5

Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on November 19, 2015, 02:01:40 pm

LRC I think.

They will have cars parked all along highway 10 man. There is not going to be enough room to hold all of little rock at that teeny tiny field.

No kidding.  We could see a line of cars from I430 to Chenal parked along Cantrell.  Which gives me an idea - I could probably run a pretty good shuttle service racket for those who have to walk a long way.

I'm sure you could make a killing shuttling people over from the Walmart parking lot across the street lol. Our parking lot will fill up very quickly and everyone will be scrambling to find a spot!

AirWarren

Chief. Let's do it. We could make some money. I'd be able to make a killing off Maynard G krebs, pa dad, etc etc ha!

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: AirWarren on November 19, 2015, 05:31:16 pm
Chief. Let's do it. We could make some money. I'd be able to make a killing off Maynard G krebs, pa dad, etc etc ha!

Thanks, but no thanks as my limo will let me off in front of the entrance.  ;)

Overdahill

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on November 19, 2015, 06:10:33 pm

Makes sense for Count Maynard to have a limo :P

PA Dad

Yea, and I'm hitching a ride with Maynard.

Grond

I really hope Wynne wins, but I have grave concerns.  :-[

Wynne played Batesville on Oct. 3, and Paragould on Oct. 23. I went and compared the films, and I saw that Wynne has never corrected the mistakes being made by the offensive line. (Wynne lost to Batesville, and beat Paragould.)

The PROBLEM is this: Wynne offensive linemen, especially those that are pulling, are doing a poor job of picking out targets. They are looking straight ahead, instead of looking left or right.

In the Batesville game, the Batesville linebackers simply let the o-linemen run by, and attacked the RB from the side. I hoped Wynne had figured this out, but I fear they haven't.

Most schools tell linebackers to step into the gap at the line of scrimmage where the play is forming. In Wynne's flexbone offense, a pulling offensive guard from the opposite side of the line is supposed to SMACK this linebacker. If there is no LB in the gap, the guard moves forward to find a "target of opportunity". MOST high school offensive linemen commit the mistake of only looking straight ahead.

If LRCA is smart enough to figure out the tactics used by Batesville and 2nd half Pulaski Academy, it is going to be a long night for Wynne.

AirWarren

Ha! Typical Hinson road style!

Maynard G Krebs

Quote from: AirWarren on November 20, 2015, 05:55:46 am

My limo driver

AirWarren

AirWarren

The man was a classic.

Overdahill

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on November 20, 2015, 06:15:59 am

My limo driver

If you don't actually make it to the stadium we won't immediately report you missing

Chief_Osceola™

Valet service then?  The possibilities are endless!

#1jacketfan

#1jacketfan

Crockett looks huge...where did they "get" him from?

Go Postal

Quote from: #1jacketfan on November 20, 2015, 06:38:42 pm
Crockett looks huge...where did they "get" him from?
He can be stopped but that's when all the other Warriors shine.  So watch out it should be a great game.

ricefarmer

ChiP has been known to choke in big games......

ViloniaEaglestoWMS

Quote from: ricefarmer on November 20, 2015, 06:58:11 pm
ChiP has been known to choke in big games......

you've been known to choke on other things

ricefarmer

ViloniaEaglestoWMS

the voice

That's what I'm talking about , they have some big boys

#1jacketfan

the voice

They look the part. Honestly that's was the point I was making through the week.

Intelligentsia

Batesville 11, Greenbrier 7. 9:45 in Second

JacketDad

Bad decision from fro QB.  Pitched it out to no one.  Fumble results in another LRCA touchdown.  Not playing like our Jackets.

#1jacketfan

O-line not blocking jack

Go Postal

Wynne stream is doing great.  Watching this game on TV and PA game on phone.

Coach DePriest, Sheridan

Quote from: warriorgrandpa5 on November 19, 2015, 02:46:24 pm
Quote from: Chief_Osceola™ on November 19, 2015, 02:01:40 pm

LRC I think.

I'm sure you could make a killing shuttling people over from the Walmart parking lot across the street lol. Our parking lot will fill up very quickly and everyone will be scrambling to find a spot!
It's called Uber.  I'll give you a referral code and you'll get an extra $100 (and me, too)! :)

ricefarmer

Go Postal

I think that Wynne has a excellent team, but I swear that this game tonight mirrored the LRCA at Harrison game.  We ran the ball a lot also on offense but the Warriors stopped us.  Then you try to throw it and their defense stops that.  You then go on defense and finally stop Crockett's run then they get you on the long pass.

Rocket23

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on November 20, 2015, 06:15:59 am

My limo driver
. Can I have a ride?  Wow! 

27 Trap

Quote from: #1jacketfan on November 20, 2015, 07:29:26 pm
#72 is a monster

Thought he played lights our, he is a heck of a football player....

Grond

November 21, 2015, 08:37:18 am #135 Last Edit: November 21, 2015, 08:48:05 am by Grond
GAME ANALYSIS

Congratulations to Little Rock Christian Academy. They were the best team, and deserved the win.

I was REALLY IMPRESSED by the play calling of LRC offense. I thought they did a good job of mixing up the inside/outside/short pass/long pass play selection. However, there were times when the LRC QB tried to win the game all by himself. (NOTE: Not sure if this was a different QB, or QB judgment, or coach's call.) When this happened, Wynne stopped LRC.

I felt that Wynne's defensive problems centered around being on the field too much, and penalties. Everything from offsides to late hits out-of-bounds. It seemed there were several times where the Wynne defense had LRC in a 3rd & long, then commit a penalty, and you could just see the disappointment in the Wynne defense.

Wynne lost the game on offense. They made the same mistakes they made at Batesville: Too much running up the middle. Of Wynne's first 9 plays, 7 were up the middle (running between the offensive tackles). LRC was ready for this, and REALLY stacked the interior. No matter how good the Wynne o-line is, they can't block 7 or 8 defenders.

At times, Wynne DID mix up outside runs with inside runs; late in the 2nd quarter, the score was 14 all. Wynne even scored on a pass. But even when they were down 3 TD's, Wynne kept trying to run up the middle. However.....

Wynne's offense had two outside pitches that went badly wrong. One was a turn over, and in both cases, the QB made late pitches. Wynne has struggled with the outside pitch play as it is run in the flexbone offense, and perhaps the coaching staff was scared to run outside because of this. Also, you have to have SOME passing game, even with the flexbone.

Having said all this, if Wynne had done "everything right", I am still not sure they would have won. LRC has to be given credit for playing smart football with some talented players. I expect #72 to be playing for a D2 college next year. LRC also has a good running back, and and a good, TALL receiver.

[NOTE: Very interesting how LRC played #72. One play at Defensive End, the next play at Defensive Tackle, although he TENDED to be on the wide side of the field. #72 would also line up late, trying to give the offense less time to adjust to his location. Smart coaching......]

I think LRC vs. PA is the next match up, and I am looking forward to it.  ;D

P.S. - I am riding with Maynard, and I don't care where we go!  ;)

Youngsta71701

Quote from: JacketDad on November 20, 2015, 08:04:25 pm
Bad decision from fro QB.  Pitched it out to no one.  Fumble results in another LRCA touchdown.  Not playing like our Jackets.

There was a reason for that. See LR Christian. They were almost always in the right spot on defense. And the play calling was awesome on offense.

1936hog

#72 for LRC is the real deal. Dylan Hays has already received full ride offers to UCA and missouri st. As well as a preferred walk on to Arkansas. Watch his film, he is incredibly difficult to block

PA Dad

Quote from: 1936hog on November 22, 2015, 10:20:49 pm
#72 for LRC is the real deal. Dylan Hays has already received full ride offers to UCA and missouri st. As well as a preferred walk on to Arkansas. Watch his film, he is incredibly difficult to block

Better than Agim?

incogneto

Not the same kind of kid.  Agim is a DE and Hayes is a 3.  He could play DL at the SEC level but he would be a dominant Center at that level. 

PA Dad

Quote from: incogneto on November 22, 2015, 10:27:15 pm
Not the same kind of kid.  Agim is a DE and Hayes is a 3.  He could play DL at the SEC level but he would be a dominant Center at that level.

It will be interesting to watch him.

1936hog

Quote from: PA Dad on November 22, 2015, 10:22:15 pm

Better than Agim?

To say he is as fast as Agim would be going a little far, but Id venture to say he is as strong and has excellent technique. Very violent with his hands.

FD4

Props out to LRC, thought they looked pretty impressive.  Defense was about the same as PA, Offense is a click better though, I figure it will be an all Little Rock Championship which LRC should win if they can overcome all the gadget and junk yard ball, (no disrespect, using terms expressed in college and the league).  Will take some of that "Whats This" on my crow guys, maybe some brown sugar as well.  Wynne will be just fine next season.  The entire starting backfield is back, as well as seven defensive players that were sophomores to boot.

wildboy44

Quote from: 1936hog on November 22, 2015, 10:30:53 pm

Better than Agim?

To say he is as fast as Agim would be going a little far, but Id venture to say he is as strong and has excellent technique. Very violent with his hands.
#72 is as good as it gets in Arkansas high school football when it comes to d-line play. he is extremely physical and like the other poster said his hands are very violent. I noticed this with the whole d-line and o-line, they play with their hands very well. #72 can play d-end or tackle. I realize that PA may have the best center in the state. It will be interesting to see who flinches first in that match up. If PA wants to run and be effective at it, they will have to double #72. This game will be won in the trenches.

Chin Music

#72 is also the #1 pitcher on the baseball team.....to give you an idea of his athleticism.

InYoGrill

What are the specs on #72- size, speed, strength??? Sounds like a HOSS.

1936hog

Quote from: InYoGrill on November 23, 2015, 12:25:03 pm

His hudl and rivals has him at 6'4" 280lbs and running a 5 flat 40. Ive talked to people who have players on the team saying he benches over 300lbs and squats well over 500lbs.

FD4

Does he live within 25 miles of the school?

InYoGrill

Quote from: 1936hog on November 23, 2015, 01:46:42 pm
Quote from: InYoGrill on November 23, 2015, 12:25:03 pm

His hudl and rivals has him at 6'4" 280lbs and running a 5 flat 40. Ive talked to people who have players on the team saying he benches over 300lbs and squats well over 500lbs.

Sounds like he could help the Hogs or at least the red wolves??

Cardinalboi07

Quote from: wildboy44 on November 23, 2015, 08:07:27 am
Quote from: 1936hog on November 22, 2015, 10:30:53 pm

Better than Agim?

#72 is as good as it gets in Arkansas high school football when it comes to d-line play. he is extremely physical and like the other poster said his hands are very violent. I noticed this with the whole d-line and o-line, they play with their hands very well. #72 can play d-end or tackle. I realize that PA may have the best center in the state. It will be interesting to see who flinches first in that match up. If PA wants to run and be effective at it, they will have to double #72. This game will be won in the trenches.
Wow! I might have to make a trip. is he better than Agim?

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas