• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Wynne Vs LRC

Started by justalionfan, November 13, 2015, 09:29:06 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

justalionfan

Should be a good game if wynne offense shows up like they have been.

PA Dad

Quote from: justajacketfan on November 13, 2015, 09:29:06 pm
Should be a good game if wynne offense shows up like they have been.

I agree.  It may be the game of the week.

I think this game comes down to defense.  Both offenses are hard to stop.  I think the best defense wins.

justalionfan

CFV only scored 6 against our starting D

The Future

LRC 35
Wynne 21
That was my pick as of a few days ago when I made my bracket scores.

But after tonight, I might need to add a few more TDs to both teams.

PA Dad

Quote from: justajacketfan on November 13, 2015, 09:32:02 pm
CFV only scored 6 against our starting D

Yes, but LRC's offense is much better than CF's.

#1jacketfan

I've looked at LRC schedule and I just don't see any solid teams that they've played...looks like they have a really weak schedule?

chaingang

Can someone from LRC give us the address of the stadium please....

Jackets3

Quote from: chaingang on November 14, 2015, 12:37:38 pm

Little Rock Christian Academy
19010 Cantrell Little Rock AR 72223

InYoGrill

Quote from: #1jacketfan on November 14, 2015, 09:19:26 am
I've looked at LRC schedule and I just don't see any solid teams that they've played...looks like they have a really weak schedule?

Bring your B team and rest your A team for the 3rd rd. LRC is just a small private school. They have no athletes with little size. They won a very weak weak west conference this season. You guys will easily roll them on their turf. No worries....

tmycjy

Hey guys only time will tell for both school :) :) :) :) :) :) lol lol lol lol

Go Postal

Quote from: InYoGrill on November 14, 2015, 03:24:35 pm
Quote from: #1jacketfan on November 14, 2015, 09:19:26 am

Bring your B team and rest your A team for the 3rd rd. LRC is just a small private school. They have no athletes with little size. They won a very weak weak west conference this season. You guys will easily roll them on their turf. No worries....
;) ;) ;)

PA Dad

November 14, 2015, 10:33:40 pm #11 Last Edit: November 15, 2015, 10:26:15 pm by PA Dad
LRC is the favorite and they should be.  But I don't think they're a cinch to win this game.

I've seen both teams play although I haven't seen Wynne since the second week of the season.  Wynne was still learning a new offense but was still a tough opponent for PA.  I think they are a much better team now.

LRC's offense is really good.  Crockett is the real deal.  He's big, fast and hard to tackle.  The QB is fast and accurate.  The o line pass and run block well.  The receivers are big and speedy.  I think they will score a lot of points.

LRC's defense is not as good as the offense.  They have not faced an offense like Wynne's this year.  They allowed a lot of points by Greenbrier and I think Wynne's offense is better than GB's.  So, I think Wynne will score a lot of points too.

I think the game comes down to which team makes the most defensive stops.

That's assuming neither team has many turnovers.  That would change the equation.

Maynard G Krebs

PA Dad

Quote from: Maynard G Krebs on November 14, 2015, 10:39:33 pm
Tough game to call.

You're right.  That's why I made no prediction.

DeltaSwarmFather

Wynne is hot, winning their last 4 games by a average score of 41-12. The starting defense, has allowed 12 points in the last month. They have many talented sophomores. With the ball rolling like it is, and LRC not seeing an opponent this stiff, there could likely be an upset this week in Little Rock.

tmycjy

Quote from: DeltaSwarmFather on November 15, 2015, 09:08:11 am
Wynne is hot, winning their last 4 games by a average score of 41-12. The starting defense, has allowed 12 points in the last month. They have many talented sophomores. With the ball rolling like it is, and LRC not seeing an opponent this stiff, there could likely be an upset this week in Little Rock.

Well I'm hoping so but only time will tell lol lol lol lol

Overdahill

I really don't want to play Wynne again this year but I think they will take this one. At least it will then be a home game for PA if they get by Hope

the voice

I have my reasons for pulling for Wynne to win this. Not a fan of LRC by no means. I will say they were the absolute best defense I saw play all year. Big physical and fast. Best way to attack is get north and south when running. They pursue extremely well, if one misses there's more coming. They have good size also. And will swap out entire units , very little difference in them. I would hardly say they haven't played anyone. When you see their team , you will see , they certainly have the appearance of a championship team.
They played at a high level against us also. I'd like to see Wynne pull it out. Hope they do , but they'll have to earn it. I think LRC should have been ranked one all year.

Intelligentsia

Wynne will roll LRC and make them like it:).  Just a little East trash talk; but I see Wynne taking this one in a close contest.  Wynne is very well coached, has tons of tradition and appears to be peaking at the right time.

the voice

I agree with Wynne being well coached and all that. I can expect the trash talk as well. I want Wynne to win. I'm just saying it's not going to be easy.  I don't see anyone rolling LRC , no offense to any remaining teams. Not saying they can't be beat , just they are a top team. Very talented from sideline to sideline. Greenbrier snuck up on them, they haven't been off or unfocused since.

Red Devil Alum

Quote from: Jackets3 on November 14, 2015, 01:16:12 pm

Be early. Stadium seats about 42 people

Red Devil Alum

Be early. Stadium seats about 42 people.

tmycjy

Hey I google earth map there stadium it kinda look like going to Earle stadium the size of the stadium

#1jacketfan

Wynne is looking forward to this game, they like a good challenge that's what makes you better....LRC is a tough team no doubt, I think Wynne can play with them though, PA Dad is right it's gonna come down to who's defense gets the most stops!

Chief_Osceolaâ„¢

Get off the Cantrell Exit West from I-430.  Then go about 5 miles.  It'll be on your right.  You can't miss it.

Busman

Or take Chenal exit and follow Chenal all the way to Hwy10/Cantrell (WalMart). Turn right and take a left at the first right, The Divide. Either way, lots of good eats along the way.

pantherblue

Be prepared to stand most of the game if you bring many fans....

pantherblue

I will also pick LRC to win this game by 7...  42-35

Chief_Osceolaâ„¢

Quote from: pantherblue on November 16, 2015, 01:47:26 pm

Ha, they just *thought* they didn't like our setup last year!

pantherblue

Quote from: Chief_Osceolaâ„¢ on November 16, 2015, 02:58:44 pm
Quote from: pantherblue on November 16, 2015, 01:47:26 pm

Ha, they just *thought* they didn't like our setup last year!

No doubt!  That poor little field will be packed!!!

Chief_Osceolaâ„¢

Quote from: Busman on November 16, 2015, 01:40:20 pm
Or take Chenal exit and follow Chenal all the way to Hwy10/Cantrell (WalMart). Turn right and take a left at the first right, The Divide. Either way, lots of good eats along the way.

That works too.  Either way you go, traffic will be awful around rush hour.  So be prepared for that.

Highschoolfan

Quote from: PA Dad on November 14, 2015, 10:33:40 pm
LRC is the favorite and they should be.  But I don't think they're a cinch to win this game.

I've seen both teams play although I haven't seen Wynne since the second week of the season.  Wynne was still learning a new offense but was still a tough opponent for PA.  I think they are a much better team now.

LRC's offense is really good.  Crockett is the real deal.  He's big, fast and hard to tackle.  The QB is fast and accurate.  The o line pass and run block well.  The receivers are big and speedy.  I think they will score a lot of points.

LRC's defense is not as good as the offense.  They have not faced an offense like Wynne's this year.  They allowed a lot of points by Greenbrier and I think Wynne's offense is better than GB's.  So, I think Wynne will score a lot of points too.

That's assuming neither team has many turnovers.  That would change the equation.

Here's the thing about that, now i'm not saying Wynne's offense isn't great, i don't know too much about them, but LRC has a HUGE front line and 2 really great linebackers. The game against GB was a great game, give credit to GB for playing so well, but, in that game LRCs problem was the secondary. GB receivers were all over the field playing the game of their lives, while our secondary just didn't have a good game. dropped picks, missed tackles, poor coverage etc...The secondary isn't bad by any means, but is definitely the weaker link to the defense. to my understanding Wynne rarely passes the ball and their offense is mostly worked through the run game. I'm not saying Wynne will be shut down or that they won't be able to move the ball against LRC, but playing against a run prone offense is definitely something LRC will be thankful for. Don't really see Wynne beating LRC in a shootout either. Way too many weapons in the backfield with Crockett, and way too much talent from the receivers. Also a very shifty QB that can throw exceptionally well. They haven't scored a game under 40 this season, and most of the time they get to 40, its only the second quarter. if Wynne wins it'll most likely be a game in the 20's. LRC hasn't faced a team like Wynne this year. Will be the best team they've played by far this season.

the voice

You think Wynne will be the best team they've seen? Or are you saying the best team Wynne has seen?

the voice

I'm hoping for a Wynne upset , because I have ties to some guys up there.
Now that I've said that, for those of you who haven't seen LRC in person,
They look the part of a championship team. They have size , speed and ability. They aren't your normal looking high school team. I've seen lots of teams over the years.  They are the best team I've seen in a couple of years. They don't have just one or two guys , they have some dudes. If Wynne doesn't beat them , they will win the whole thing. I give Wynne a chance because of the coach. My understanding is the team at Wynne is very young.  I know they lost many of the starters from last years team. I was at the championship last year.  Are you guys better than last years team?

Go Postal

Out of all the 6A teams and 5A West teams that I watched this year, I have to say that I was not only impressed with the talent of LRCA, but also of their discipline of the game.  They looked very professional on each play.  The only other 5A team that I have seen do this was PA.  Though Wynne has a very good chance to beat the Warriors if they can stay disciplined in their play, but I'm going to be West bias and go with LRCA. 

DeltaSwarmFather

November 16, 2015, 08:31:27 pm #35 Last Edit: November 16, 2015, 08:33:12 pm by DeltaSwarmFather
After looking more to this game, and the way the two teams have been playing, from what I can tell. Is that the only thing holding Wynne back in the rankings, are its 3 nonconference losses. They've won 7 of their last 8, with the one loss, coming from a terribly officiated game IN Batesville. They held PA to their ropes, shooting theirselves In the foot, opening the second half with 4 straight turnovers. The new offense is clicking on all cylinders, the defense has played well all year, especially now. If they can go down to Little Rock, and play good ball, they should be fine. In my opinion, if Wynne goes down there and gets beat..... It's an upset. #GoJackets

the voice

I hope you guys win. PA isn't better than LRC , the rankings always have PA number 1. LRC is better than them. Are they better coached ? Doubt it. But they may not have to be. With players like they have. 
Someone from Wynne please tell me honestly if your defense is better than last years , I know it was good , lots of seniors and experience, my understanding is there are many sophomores on this team. Am I wrong ? I asked earlier and got no response

Overdahill

Quote from: the voice on November 16, 2015, 08:40:18 pm
I hope you guys win. PA isn't better than LRC , the rankings always have PA number 1. LRC is better than them. Are they better coached ? Doubt it. But they may not have to be. With players like they have. 
Someone from Wynne please tell me honestly if your defense is better than last years , I know it was good , lots of seniors and experience, my understanding is there are many sophomores on this team. Am I wrong ? I asked earlier and got no response

Serious question: I'm not doubting what you say but if LRCA is so very stellar where were they last year? Teams as dominant as you represent generally show signs on the radar a year or two earlier

the voice

They showed potential last year. They had size and showed flashes but also its a private school and I'm sure some of these guys are new to the school. Two and three years ago the jr high teams were very dominant. My son played against both teams.  The signs were there. I don't really remember this running back but I do remember the lines.

PA Dad

Quote from: Highschoolfan on November 16, 2015, 05:17:48 pm

Here's the thing about that, now i'm not saying Wynne's offense isn't great, i don't know too much about them, but LRC has a HUGE front line and 2 really great linebackers. The game against GB was a great game, give credit to GB for playing so well, but, in that game LRCs problem was the secondary. GB receivers were all over the field playing the game of their lives, while our secondary just didn't have a good game. dropped picks, missed tackles, poor coverage etc...The secondary isn't bad by any means, but is definitely the weaker link to the defense. to my understanding Wynne rarely passes the ball and their offense is mostly worked through the run game. I'm not saying Wynne will be shut down or that they won't be able to move the ball against LRC, but playing against a run prone offense is definitely something LRC will be thankful for. Don't really see Wynne beating LRC in a shootout either. Way too many weapons in the backfield with Crockett, and way too much talent from the receivers. Also a very shifty QB that can throw exceptionally well. They haven't scored a game under 40 this season, and most of the time they get to 40, its only the second quarter. if Wynne wins it'll most likely be a game in the 20's. LRC hasn't faced a team like Wynne this year. Will be the best team they've played by far this season.

As I noted above, I agree that LRC is very stout on offense.  I don't agree that their defense is as good.

I think the question most of us have is the level of competition LRC has played this year.  I agree that Greenbrier is a good team, but what other tough team has LRC played?  Without  playing a tough schedule, it's just hard to judge how good a team is.

Overdahill

I guess we'll all find out soon enough. Whoever comes ot of this side of the bracket will have at least two good wins headed to WMS

walkingguy72396

Is Wynnes defense better than last year.

Since the opponents are different.  I just used in conference games.

Then to take into account that 2014 Jackets out scored the 2015 Jackets in conference by 104 points. .  Old saying best defense is a great offense.

The 2015 Jackets have given up 7 more points than the 2014 conference schedule.

Making the 2015 Jacket defense better than the 2014 defense. 

On paper.  In my opinion.

I also think that the starting D stayed on the field longer this season skewing the numbers.

the voice

Quote from: PA Dad on November 16, 2015, 09:13:18 pm

As I noted above, I agree that LRC is very stout on offense.  I don't agree that their defense is as good.

I think the question most of us have is the level of competition LRC has played this year.  I agree that Greenbrier is a good team, but what other tough team has LRC played?  Without  playing a tough schedule, it's just hard to judge how good a team is.
Quote from: walkingguy72396 on November 16, 2015, 09:47:46 pm
Is Wynnes defense better than last year.

Since the opponents are different.  I just used in conference games.

Then to take into account that 2014 Jackets out scored the 2015 Jackets in conference by 104 points. .  Old saying best defense is a great offense.

The 2015 Jackets have given up 7 more points than the 2014 conference schedule.

Making the 2015 Jacket defense better than the 2014 defense. 

On paper.  In my opinion.

I also think that the starting D stayed on the field longer this season skewing the numbers.

Well I guess you think the west is a cake walk. That's fine , go right ahead. No problem. Morrilton lost , to LRM, no excuses, the team was a shell of how it started the year. But they won. The west is certainly no worse than the central. I stand by what I said about LRC defense. You're entitled to your opinion. I know when I see defensive lineman control lineman like they did , I have respect for them. It was the same thing when Morrilton came to PA two years ago. Now LRC will match up against a spread team possibly much better than a power running attack.  I won't deny that. Truth is simply this , coaching will win you games at times , even against more talent , and talent will against coaching with less.  It goes from one to the other. I saw what a dominant d line rushing three did to PA , point is the defense of LRC is good. They pursue very quickly and tackle well.
I hope Wynne pulls it out. All I'm saying is anyone that thinks LRC is a fluke or not worthy of top ranking is wrong. They didn't get lucky and win.  They were caught napping and turned it on and come from a huge hole and beat greenbrier.

the voice

I know Wynne coaches will have a plan in place. I trust they will play hard. I expect the supporters to cheer and encourage.
I don't know if the defense is better than last years. As this year the team holds the ball longer taking possessions away.  Perhaps they are , last year was a runner up team with lots of seniors. Its impressive if they are. Good luck Wynne and go jackets.

PA Dad

I hope you didn't take my post as a knock on LRC.  it was not.  If you read all of my posts on this thread you'll see that I watched LRC play and I think they have a heckava good team.

Nor was my post a knock on the West.  The West still has two teams in the playoffs like every other conference does.  My comments were directed more to LRC's non conference schedule, which was not very strong.

I still think LRC is and should be favored to win this game.  But I don't think LRC wins this game easily and I think Wynne has a legitimate shot at the win.

the voice

I don't know how tough their schedule was or wasn't. I do appreciate your clearing things up. There are 8 teams left. All are good teams , l don't think anyone wins easy from here on out. The bottom side of the bracket is easily the side everyone would want to be on. Just the luck of the draw. I personally think a couple teams are rated a little high based on past success more so than how good they actually are. It will all come out in the wash in the coming days. Gonna be fun to watch. I'll be there watching

#1jacketfan

They very well may beat Wynne....I don't have them scoring 40 though.

tmycjy

Hey can some one from LR Christian post picture of what the stadium look like from visiting side and home side and other  thing else that u want to add from the stadium so kinda know what it's look like

#1jacketfan

Quote from: the voice on November 16, 2015, 08:40:18 pm
[/quote
The defense this year is not as fast to the ball as last year...the secondary is faster than last year...the defense this year is strong and tackles hard...I can't say that they are as good as last year...they are very young...but don't underestimate them....I think LRC will be surprised!

Chin Music

I do believe there were signs last year that LRCA was a team on the rise.  They had a lead late in the 4th quarter in round 1 of the playoffs last year at Hot Springs.  In the preseason, every poll I saw had LRCA as the favorite in the West.  The West teams and coaches knew.  LRCA starts something like 20 seniors on both sides of the ball.  That is huge.

LRCA has a dual threat QB.  They did not have that last year.  Joe Hampton (WR) was hurt early last year and never really recovered.  As has been stated on this Board before, I do not understand why the large D1 schools are not all over him.  You absolutely have to account for him on every snap.  Two other kids that played basketball only last year are playing football this year.  That has helped give depth to the skill positions.

I agree on the DL.  They are physical and fast.  However, they lost their best defender (DE) with a knee injury in the last game of the season.  He was a big part of the pass rush.

Teams like Wynne, PA, and Batesville have earned respect and benefit of the doubt over the years.  LRCA has to earn that same respect.  I don't know if they could beat one or all of these teams.  I will enjoy watching them try.  IF they are able to run the table (a big, big if) then they would have earned it.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas