• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Fearless Friday 5a Fan poll-ROUND 1

Started by HorseFeathers, November 11, 2015, 09:36:26 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

HorseFeathers

RankLWTeamPointsFirst Place VotesLast weeks ResultsThis Weeks Opponent
11Pulaski Academy(10-0)17610at #13 Sylvan HillsW 36-14vs #16 Vilonia
22LR Christian(10-0)1650at Maumelle W 49-7vs #13 Sylvan Hills
33Lakeside(8-2)1440at Hot Springs L 15-17vs #15 Forrest City
44Hope(8-2)1390vs Magnolia W 62-21vs #6 Blytheville
55Batesville(8-2)1360at Valley View W 37-7vs #12 Watson Chapel
66Blytheville(8-2)530vs #15 Forrest City W 27-20at #4 Hope
79tWynne(6-4)1090vs Nettleton W 37-21vs #11 Camden Fairview
86McClellan)970at Jacksonville W 42-18vs #9 Morrilton
98Morrilton(7-3)910at Clarksville W 56-27at #8 McClellan
10URgreenbrier(6-4)790at #16 Vilonia W 47-21vs #14 Beebe
11URFairview(6-4)650at #12 Watson Chapel W 35-28at #7 Wynne
129tWatson Chapel(4-6)560vs #11 Fairview L 28-35at #5 Batesville
13URSylvan Hills(6-3)420vs #1 Pulaski Academy L 14-36at #2 LR Christian
14tURBeebe(5-4)360OPENAT #10 Greenbrier
14tURforrest city(6-4)360at #6 Blytheville L 20-27At #3 Lakeside
16URVilonia(5-5)130vs #10 Greenbrier L 21-47at #1 Pulaski academy

PA Dad

Looks like a solid poll.  My biggest surprise is that Lakeside holds on to number 3 after the loss to HS.  I'm also surprised that both Lakeside and Hope are ranked higher than all East teams.

Oh well, it will all get sorted out in the next four weeks.

MDXPHD

Quote from: PA Dad on November 11, 2015, 09:47:00 pm
Looks like a solid poll.  My biggest surprise is that Lakeside holds on to number 3 after the loss to HS.  I'm also surprised that both Lakeside and Hope are ranked higher than all East teams.

I'm not sure why PA and LRC are ranked above Lakeside and Hope. I think LS and Hope are clearly the two best teams in the state and come from the strongest conference.

PA Dad

November 11, 2015, 10:04:05 pm #3 Last Edit: November 11, 2015, 10:18:07 pm by PA Dad
Quote from: MDXPHD on November 11, 2015, 09:50:37 pm

[/quote

I'm not sure why PA and LRC are ranked above Lakeside and Hope. I think LS and Hope are clearly the two best teams in the state and come from the strongest conference.

It would be interesting to look and see how many votes came from each conference.  I didn't pay attention to it, but I suspect the South had the most votes.

Overdahill

^^ true. Hope never really lost; the game was just either too short or too long

HorseFeathers

I agree with lakeside...How often does a team in any sport that we, or anyone conducts a poll, lose to a NON-Playoff team and not drop in the polls?

futurebobcatdad

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 11, 2015, 09:50:37 pm

you got it wrong! The EAST is the strongest and best in the country. ots no way anyone in the country should be rated higher then them. even if they have a better record then the EAST they still is no match for the EAST because the EAST is the STRONGEST and BEST of all time

PA Dad

Futurebobcatdad, I think you are too sensitive.  It may be that the South is the strongest conference this year.  That remains to be determined.  But, for the last few years, the East has been the strongest conference in 5A.  That is primarily because of Batesville and Wynne.  One of them is usually in the championship game.  And most of us base our opinion on history.  So, just be patient.  We'll find out in the next couple of weeks which conference is stronger.  Or, we may find out that they are relatively equal.

But wouldn't it be great if it turns out the Central is strongest this year?  Central has usually been one of the weakest top to bottom.  I would love to see the Central teams do well this year.  Unfortunately, I do not expect that.

Yellowcake

I think Hope and LS are appropriately ranked. Too bad PA and Hope meet so early. One of those two will emerge out of the top bracket to play LS for all the marbles. That's my prediction. East will drop like flies as the brackets progress.

One man's opinion.

PA Dad

Quote from: Yellowcake on November 11, 2015, 11:42:00 pm
I think Hope and LS are appropriately ranked. Too bad PA and Hope meet so early. One of those two will emerge out of the top bracket to play LS for all the marbles. That's my prediction. East will drop like flies as the brackets progress.

One man's opinion.

And that's the great thing about this forum.  There are lots of opinions and they vary widely.     I think the East will do well. But, as our official predictor says, only time will tell!

Overdahill

Quote from: PA Dad on November 11, 2015, 11:47:59 pm

One man's opinion.

And that's the great thing about this forum.  There are lots of opinions and they vary widely.     I think the East will do well. But, as our official predictor says, only time will tell!

I'll be very surprised if Hope gets by PA and LRCA and yes I have seen them play more than once

futurebobcatdad

Quote from: PA Dad on November 11, 2015, 11:27:32 pm
Futurebobcatdad, I think you are too sensitive.  It may be that the South is the strongest conference this year.  That remains to be determined.  But, for the last few years, the East has been the strongest conference in 5A.  That is primarily because of Batesville and Wynne.  One of them is usually in the championship game.  And most of us base our opinion on history.  So, just be patient.  We'll find out in the next couple of weeks which conference is stronger.  Or, we may find out that they are relatively equal.

But wouldn't it be great if it turns out the Central is strongest this year?  Central has usually been one of the weakest top to bottom.  I would love to see the Central teams do well this year.  Unfortunately, I do not expect that.
I just believe in giving a team its respect when they have earned it. The kids can only play who is put in front of them. Teams have success and get hot the more they win. Nobody in the state can say in 2013 that the final 4 teams would have been Hope Morrilton Alma and Batesville. I didnt giveorrilton a chance against PA at home that year but what happen? They won and shocked the state that year

Complete Biased PoV

One man's opinion.

I don't think Lakeside will get passed the Morrilton/McClellan winner.

MDXPHD

Quote from: futurebobcatdad on November 12, 2015, 08:48:10 am

I just believe in giving a team its respect when they have earned it. The kids can only play who is put in front of them. Teams have success and get hot the more they win. Nobody in the state can say in 2013 that the final 4 teams would have been Hope Morrilton Alma and Batesville. I didnt giveorrilton a chance against PA at home that year but what happen? They won and shocked the state that year

I have an idea...why don't you get Hope to earn the respect then? They haven't earned it yet. They have lost to a 4A team and didn't win their conference (got the two seed) and was almost beaten by the 4 seed in that conference. Hope will be ranked higher if they beat Blytheville and PA, but until then, they shouldn't even be in the top 5.

Bobcat0011

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 12, 2015, 11:03:37 am

I have an idea...why don't you get Hope to earn the respect then? They haven't earned it yet. They have lost to a 4A team and didn't win their conference (got the two seed) and was almost beaten by the 4 seed in that conference. Hope will be ranked higher if they beat Blytheville and PA, but until then, they shouldn't even be in the top 5.
well the 4 seed happens to be Watson Chapel who could very well be playing in WMS this year

MDXPHD

Quote from: Bobcat0011 on November 12, 2015, 11:06:15 am

well the 4 seed happens to be Watson Chapel who could very well be playing in WMS this year

That's true, they are a quality team. They will have to get through Batesville at home and then at Lakeside, which is possible. If they feed their rb's like they should have all year, they will be a tough team to beat. I think they are the best 4 seed in the state and can compete with anyone in 5A.

wing

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 12, 2015, 11:08:25 am

That's true, they are a quality team. They will have to get through Batesville at home and then at Lakeside, which is possible. If they feed their rb's like they should have all year, they will be a tough team to beat. I think they are the best 4 seed in the state and can compete with anyone in 5A.

Why are we still beating the WC drum. They are so pitiful CF beat them at home. And we know how pitiful CF is. ;D

MDXPHD

Quote from: wing on November 12, 2015, 11:17:45 am

Why are we still beating the WC drum. They are so pitiful CF beat them at home. And we know how pitiful CF is. ;D

But they almost beat Batesville in week one, so that counts still right? And they almost beat Hope and Lakeside, the top two teams in the state, so we have to give them credit for that.

Overdahill

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 12, 2015, 11:33:34 am

But they almost beat Batesville in week one, so that counts still right? And they almost beat Hope and Lakeside, the top two teams in the state, so we have to give them credit for that.

Maybe the other conferences can petition for a non-south championship trophy as a consolation prize :D

The_Pioneer

Respect is earned based on what has happened over the last few weeks.  All those other games don't matter, especially when you just started paying attention a few weeks ago.

#1jacketfan

November 12, 2015, 01:37:36 pm #20 Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 01:40:03 pm by #1jacketfan
Quote from: Overdahill on November 12, 2015, 08:26:55 am
Quote from: PA Dad on November 11, 2015, 11:47:59 pm

One man's opinion.

I'll be very surprised if Hope gets by PA and LRCA and yes I have seen them play more than once
I didn't know that they had already beat Blytheville.....I guess I'm behind...lol

futurebobcatdad

This coming from a team that got one seed by default and got blow away by the 3 seed in the conf who should have been the one seed after that spanking they put on you guys. Yall are co champs just as we are. In all the polls that matter Hope is rated in the top 5. Rich has em as #3 and we all know he knows his stuff!!!! Even if we beat Blytheville a team that crushed you guys ww still will have people like you that wont give us our respect

The_Pioneer

vs. Hope   Final Playoff Record: 2-0-0

Date   Final Result   Location   Playoff
2003   W, 42 - 10      First Round Playoffs
2006   W, 48 - 7      First Round Playoffs

futurebobcatdad

I can grant u that no one that played on those teams are suiting up playing on fridays so your point their is moot!!! We are talking bout noww the present not 12 years ago or 9 years ago. New Head Coach new offense New D cord since that time.

The_Pioneer

And when your once in a generation player moves onto college, Hope will return to its usual 3-4 seed out of the South.  Thanks for playing.  Here's your prize....

futurebobcatdad

And i grant u that he is not the reason we are were we are. For all you who seem to think he is our whole team you are sadly mistakeing!

LS80

GO RAMS GO...GOOD LUCK HOPE, WATSON CHAPEL,  CAMDEN FAIRVIEW 5A SOUTH  PROUD

GuvHog

November 12, 2015, 05:54:43 pm #27 Last Edit: November 12, 2015, 05:58:46 pm by GuvHog
quote author=wing link=topic=144856.msg3263143#msg3263143 date=1447348665]

[/quote]

The WC team that lost to CF was not the same team that played Hope and Lakeside. The Wildcats left everything on the field at Lakeside and were devastated by the loss. They hadn't recovered from it when they played CF. CF wanted it worse than WC did and the Cardinals won.

WC has badly wanted this rematch ever since they lost that night, they just didn't want it to be in the first round.

futurebobcatdad

Quote from: LS80 on November 12, 2015, 05:34:55 pm
GO RAMS GO...GOOD LUCK HOPE, WATSON CHAPEL,  CAMDEN FAIRVIEW 5A SOUTH  PROUD
Good luck to the Rams Cards & Wildcats as well. May we all make the South proud in round 1

Intelligentsia

One man's opinion.

I'll say this, you have been consistent in your opinion of the East.  While this is a hard year for first round predictions, I hope to feed you some crow tomorrow night:)

4thandgoal

Only you were shocked. Quit wining.

4thandgoal

November 13, 2015, 01:41:12 am #31 Last Edit: November 13, 2015, 01:44:51 am by 4thandgoal

I ALMOST ALMOST ALMOST won the lottery  ;D ---Who cares about almost.

airitout

Quote from: 4thandgoal on November 13, 2015, 01:41:12 am

I ALMOST ALMOST ALMOST won the lottery  ;D ---Who cares about almost.

really, thats cool because if you almost won the lottery you got enough numbers right to win some big money.  almost winning the lottery pays off too.  5 out of 6 numbers is like $100,000, and down from there.  i bet you are happy about that. 

WPWells

The lottery is a tax on people who are bad at math.

HorseFeathers

PA Dad

Quote from: HF on November 13, 2015, 11:34:20 pm
Vote top 16 again?

I think we should go back to 10.  It's really hard to decide which teams that lost should be ranked over other teams that lost.  Ranking the top 10 just requires that we decide the two best teams that lost.

PA Dad

Tonight decided nothing about the relative strength of the conferences except that it appears that there is parity.  All one and two seeds won tonight so all conferences are 2-2.  The 2-3 seed games tonight were all pretty competitive except the Wynne/CF game.

I guess that debate will have to wait another week.

HorseFeathers

I'll leave y'all to decide on top 10/16....only team I even keep an eye on in 5a went down tonight soo

Overdahill

PA Dad

PA Fan

1.  PA
2.  LRC - may face their toughest game of the year this week
3.  Batesville- always finds a way to win in playoffs
4.  Lakeside - pushed by FC but hung in and won
5.  McClellan - won a wild one over Morrilton
6.  Wynne - easiest win of the two seeds
7.  Hope - good come back win over Blytheville
8.  Greenbrier-  tough game at Batesville this week
9.  Blytheville- valiant effort against Hope
10. Watson Chapel - nearly beat Batesville again

MDXPHD

1. PA
2. Batesville
3. LRC
4. Wynne
5. Lakeside
6. Hope
7. McClellan
8. Greenbrier
9. Blytheville
10. Watson Chapel

incogneto

1. PA
2. LRC
3. Lakeside
4. Hope
5. Batesville
6. Wynne
7. Greenbrier
8. McClellan
9. Watson Chapel
10. Morrilton

Jimmy1995

McClellan is going to prove all the doubters wrong!

futurebobcatdad

1 PA
2 LRCA
3 LAKESIDE
4 HOPE
5 BATESVILLE
6 LR McCLELLAN
7 WYNNE
8 GREENBRIER
9 BLYTHEVILLE
10 MORRILTON

FAN OF HOPE

AT

1. Pulaski Academy
2. Little Rock Christian
3. Hot Springs Lakeside
4. Hope
5. Batesville
6. Wynne
7. Blytheville
8. Greenbrier
9. Little Rock McClellan
10. Morrilton
11. Watson Chapel
12. Forrest City
13. Camden Fairview
14. Sylvan Hills
15. Vilonia
16. Beebe

RamFan06

1. PA
2. LRC
3. Lakeside
4. Batesville
5. Hope
6. Wynne
7. McClellan
8. Greenbrier
9. Blytheville
10. Forrest City

Overdahill

1. PA
2. LRCA
3. Batesville
4. Lakeside
5. Hope
6. McClellan
7. Wynne
8. Morriltion
9. Bly
10. Greenbrier

Intelligentsia

It appears Wynne is getting little respect in the polls.  While it may be me who is surprised Friday night, I think Wynne will show just how much they have improved this year and will the move along to P.A. for a rematch that will be a toss up.  If I'm wrong I'll take my crow roasted, lick the plate and sing the LRC fight song for dessert:)

PA Dad

Quote from: Intelligentsia on November 15, 2015, 09:05:57 pm
It appears Wynne is getting little respect in the polls.  While it may be me who is surprised Friday night, I think Wynne will show just how much they have improved this year and will the move along to P.A. for a rematch that will be a toss up.  If I'm wrong I'll take my crow roasted, lick the plate and sing the LRC fight song for dessert:)

Should they be ranked #1?  Just curious.

walkingguy72396

Hard to say where Wynne should be rated.
Lost its first two games by a few points.

Put a scare into PA. 

Then lost to Batesville.  I have watched the replay of that game 3 times.  Lots of only if's in football.  Mine for that game.  If Wynne could of punched it in from the 1 on their second drive of the game.  Well I'll leave it at one.

2 seed being ranked 6-8 though.  Seems reasonable to me.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas