• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

5A Final Four.....let the predictions begin

Started by Yellowcake, October 09, 2015, 11:21:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

PA Dad

Quote from: Burks on October 11, 2015, 09:47:01 pm
My opinion the East is down this season, this not one of Batesville best teams, Wynne was hit to hard by graduation. I don't expect anything from the rest.. I think the Central is proving to be the toughest conference. Sylvan Hills and McClellan will be tough outs and don't sleep on Beebe either, the Badgers always seem to peak about playoff time. Of course we all know PA.

Do you think LRCA , Hope, Lakeside and Morrilton are irrelevant?  And do you really believe Batesville, Wynne and Blytheville are out of the picture?

Intelligentsia

Quote from: Burks on October 11, 2015, 09:47:01 pm
My opinion the East is down this season, this not one of Batesville best teams, Wynne was hit to hard by graduation. I don't expect anything from the rest.. I think the Central is proving to be the toughest conference. Sylvan Hills and McClellan will be tough outs and don't sleep on Beebe either, the Badgers always seem to peak about playoff time. Of course we all know PA.

Your rationale for believing Batesville to be down is ...?

Burks

October 12, 2015, 12:00:00 am #52 Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 06:08:43 am by Burks
LRCA, Hope and Lakeside are good teams but the Central is flexin it's muscle with 3 teams in the ADG top 6. Lakeside should win the South but was beaten by Sylvan Hills earlier this season. Greenbrier will play for the West but was beaten by Beebe. PA? No reason to discuss. This is why I have 3 Central teams in my final four, PA, SH McClellan and LRCA.

If the East want respect, give me a reason. No teams in the top 6 and several other blogs don't have a team in their final four. Not strong this season.

Intelligentsia

October 12, 2015, 06:23:00 am #53 Last Edit: October 12, 2015, 06:27:40 am by Intelligentsia
Quote from: Burks on October 12, 2015, 12:00:00 am
LRCA, Hope and Lakeside are good teams but the Central is flexin it's muscle with 3 teams in the ADG top 6. Lakeside should win the South but was beaten by Sylvan Hills earlier this season. Greenbrier will play for the West but was beaten by Beebe. PA? No reason to discuss. This is why I have 3 Central teams in my final four, PA, SH McClellan and LRCA.

If the East want respect, give me a reason. No teams in the top 6 and several other blogs don't have a team in their final four. Not strong this season.

You may be correct, but I don't think so.  Rich has Batesville at #4 and the media, I believe, has them at #3.
Reason to think they are a top 4 team:  I watch them each week and they are a totally different team that sneaked past WC and lost a close game to what now appears to be a pretty good Searcy team in a game in which they looked pretty awful.  They were stopped at the 30 on a drive to tie the high scoring and descent Jonesboro squad.  They were able to play their second string in the final quarter against Nettleton and FC on the road, and Paragould before halftime.  Granted, non of those 5-A east teams are great, but neither are some of the teams defeated by the 5-A Central.  Add to all that what I believe to be a Dave King program that shoes more Improvement as the year progresses, each year, than do teams who play 7 on 7 (most of the spread teams), and you have my rationale for ranking them 3rd, at this time.  As Chris says, however, only time will tell for the Pioneers :)

The_Pioneer

Oh, I agree, Batesville is greatly overrated.  Also, the media always gets it right on polls.  And they get to see the Central play a lot more than those of us way out in the wilderness.  So I'd say pencil in all 4 Central teams into the semis now and save us the trouble.

wing

Quote from: PA Dad on October 11, 2015, 12:34:32 pm
Quote from: The_Pioneer on October 11, 2015, 11:11:52 am
PA
Doesn't matter
Doesn't matter
Doesn't matter

Let me respectfully disagree.  While PA is no doubt good they are not invincible.  I think LRCA, Batesville, Wynne, Hope, Lakeside and SH all have a shot at beating PA if they play well and limit their mistakes.

PA Dad just being nice again. I pretty much agree with Pioneer however.......

LRC
PA
SH
Neers

PA Dad

Quote from: RamFan06 on October 11, 2015, 12:55:09 pm
PA Dad I agree. While I have not seen Hope or LRCA play yet, I can say I feel PA could get knocked off by either if those two as well as Lakeside and Sylvan Hills. PA has been dominant but not unbeatable.

Here are my final four after looking at the bracket.

LRCA
Hope
Lakeside
Batesville

I know this flies in the face of everyone anointing PA from day 1 but I like to believe, "On any given Friday night...."

Who do you think will knock off PA?

RamFan06

Quote from: PA Dad on October 12, 2015, 02:15:50 pm
PA Dad I agree. While I have not seen Hope or LRCA play yet, I can say I feel PA could get knocked off by either if those two as well as Lakeside and Sylvan Hills. PA has been dominant but not unbeatable.

LRCA
Hope
Lakeside
Batesville

I know this flies in the face of everyone anointing PA from day 1 but I like to believe, "On any given Friday night...."

If everything I am hearing about Hope turns out to be true, I think it will be either Hope or Lakeside, whoever ends up with the 2 seed in the South. I may revise this after Friday night, but as I said, on any given Friday anyone can pull off the upset.

PA Dad

Quote from: RamFan06 on October 12, 2015, 02:45:04 pm
Quote from: PA Dad on October 12, 2015, 02:15:50 pm

LRCA
Hope
Lakeside
Batesville

If everything I am hearing about Hope turns out to be true, I think it will be either Hope or Lakeside, whoever ends up with the 2 seed in the South. I may revise this after Friday night, but as I said, on any given Friday anyone can pull off the upset.

Thanks.  I was just curious.  I like your confidence in the South!

Overdahill

We have to get past Sylvan Hills (Da Bears) b4 worrying about the South 2 seed :) !

Yellowcake

Just bringing this back up to the top to see how everyone's predictions are coming. I can still get 3 out of 4 if PA, LRCA and lakeside make the semis.

Overdahill

Quote from: Overdahill on October 10, 2015, 01:17:09 pm
I think its going to be all #1 seeds:

PA, LRCA, Lakeside, Batesville.

Too early to call a final (opportunity for crow dinner) but a best of 3 game with Batesville at WM would be cool :D

All my picks are still alive for now  :) Go Bruins!

MDXPHD

I think its going to be all #2 seeds:

Hope, Hope, Hope, and Hope

Too early to call a final but I'm sure Hope will win.

I thought these were your picks?

Overdahill

Quote from: MDXPHD on November 20, 2015, 10:03:21 am

Haha, Hope is in a class by themselves (at least a few of their posters are). Where's HOGHEAD?

MDXPHD

Quote from: Overdahill on November 20, 2015, 10:14:09 am
Quote from: MDXPHD on November 20, 2015, 10:03:21 am

Haha, Hope is in a class by themselves (at least a few of their posters are). Where's HOGHEAD?

I'm not sure. I wish they would let him on though. He isn't much worse than some of the posters on the 6A board lol.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas