• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

5A Final Four.....let the predictions begin

Started by Yellowcake, October 09, 2015, 11:21:52 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Yellowcake

I am going to give it a shot now...
PA
Sylvan Hills
Lakeside
LR Christian

PA Dad

Quote from: Yellowcake on October 09, 2015, 11:21:52 pm
I am going to give it a shot now...
PA
Sylvan Hills
Lakeside
LR Christian

Wow, no team from the East?

I suppose this is theoretically possible although I haven't looked at the brackets to see.  But, I think Batesville/Wynne/Hope/Morrilton/Blytheville are all in the picture.

Yellowcake

I haven't seen the brackets either, but I believe PA and SH will be on opposite sides and whichever way, one will be playing an undefeated Lakeside and the other an undefeated LRC in the semis.

Austin.Sutton

Chief_Osceola™

I'm pretty confident in saying PA and LRC will be playing after Thanksgiving. I also don't think it's a stretch to include Hope or Lakeside in that mix as well.

Chief-Chickasaw

Quote from: Austin.Sutton on October 10, 2015, 12:01:51 am
1. Pa
2. Batesville
3. LRC
4. Blytheville

I think this would make me the happiest I've been since the birth of my son. lol. I'll take a Blytheville trip to the semifinals.

MDXPHD

PA, Batesville, LRC, Lakeside

I haven't looked at the bracket, but will WC/Hope/Hot Springs (whoever finishes 2/3) all be in the mix with PA and LRC on that side? If so, that will be a rough half of the bracket.

WPWells

PA Dad

Quote from: MDXPHD on October 10, 2015, 12:18:40 am
PA, Batesville, LRC, Lakeside

I haven't looked at the bracket, but will WC/Hope/Hot Springs (whoever finishes 2/3) all be in the mix with PA and LRC on that side? If so, that will be a rough half of the bracket.

I guess we all need to look at the brackets.  I don't know the answer, but I do know that if PA and LRC are No. 1. Seeds and win out they will meet in the semis.

MDXPHD

That should put the south 2/3 in your half of the bracket as well. That will be a good bracket with lrc, pa, and 2 of the following: hope/lakeside/Watson chapel/hot springs

That half of the bracket will be much tougher than the other half I think.

PA Dad

Quote from: MDXPHD on October 10, 2015, 12:31:29 am
That should put the south 2/3 in your half of the bracket as well. That will be a good bracket with lrc, pa, and 2 of the following: hope/lakeside/Watson chapel/hot springs

That half of the bracket will be much tougher than the other half I think.

You're right - that will be a heck of a bracket.  But, I'm beginning to doubt that Hot Springs will make the playoffs.  They were pounded tonight by DQ.

RamFan06

PA Dad

Quote from: RamFan06 on October 10, 2015, 12:46:06 am
Camden Fairview could get that 4 spot.

About anything is possible in the South this year.  It is by far the most interesting conference.  But CF seems to be really down this year, at least if you believe the CF posters.

RamFan06

They could still end up with 4 confirm wins. Aso much as the CF guys like to bash, they are 2-1 with Hot Springs and De Queen left.

PA Dad

PA
LRCA
Batesville
Hope

It's a close call between Batesville/Wynne and Lakeside/Hope.  But Hope just seems to be a team of destiny after the win tonight.  And while Wynne is getting stronger I think they need a little more time with the new offense.

The Future

This is the bracket on max preps

W1
C4

E2
S3

C1
W4

S2
E3

S1
E4

C2
W3

E1
S4

W2
C3

Let the pencil ins begin. Only one you can pen in is PA for C1

Temprees

Quote from: RamFan06 on October 10, 2015, 12:55:36 am
They could still end up with 4 confirm wins. Aso much as the CF guys like to bash, they are 2-1 with Hot Springs and De Queen left.
CF also still has to play away games at Hope and at WC.

futurebobcatdad

PA Dad

Overdahill

October 10, 2015, 01:17:09 pm #19 Last Edit: October 10, 2015, 01:21:45 pm by Overdahill
I think its going to be all #1 seeds:

PA, LRCA, Lakeside, Batesville.

Too early to call a final (opportunity for crow dinner) but a best of 3 game with Batesville at WM would be cool :D

futurebobcatdad

What is your reasoning for thinking all 1 seeds will be there?

Intelligentsia

October 10, 2015, 06:33:16 pm #21 Last Edit: October 10, 2015, 07:52:21 pm by Intelligentsia
Quote from: futurebobcatdad on October 10, 2015, 04:50:40 pm

You're  surely not serious?

futurebobcatdad

8 would not have asked if i was not serious

Overdahill

Because I believe they are the four best teams and the best teams should be expected to win plus they will have home field advantage :-\

incogneto

Intelligentsia

October 10, 2015, 07:57:16 pm #25 Last Edit: October 10, 2015, 08:02:22 pm by Intelligentsia

Tempted, but I'll say no more.

futurebobcatdad

So u believe SH nor Hope will make it 2 the semi ???

MDXPHD

Quote from: futurebobcatdad on October 10, 2015, 08:30:15 pm

I don't think either of them will be there.

PA Dad

Intelligentsia

Quote from: PA Dad on October 10, 2015, 10:56:28 pm
Quote from: Intelligentsia on October 10, 2015, 07:57:16 pm

Tempted, but I'll say no more.

You are a gentleman.

You've set a high standard for FF posting decorum, to which I aspire.  While I falter too often, I'm taking the high  road, for now.

futurebobcatdad

Quote from: MDXPHD on October 10, 2015, 08:48:35 pm

I take it you have not saw either team play either. I keep forgetting you guys gave us no respect 2 years ago either till we knocked off Camden and kept a rolling. After friday dont fall on ya faces to hard! ;D ;D

The_Pioneer

PA
Doesn't matter
Doesn't matter
Doesn't matter

futurebobcatdad

PA Dad

Quote from: The_Pioneer on October 11, 2015, 11:11:52 am
PA
Doesn't matter
Doesn't matter
Doesn't matter

Let me respectfully disagree.  While PA is no doubt good they are not invincible.  I think LRCA, Batesville, Wynne, Hope, Lakeside and SH all have a shot at beating PA if they play well and limit their mistakes.

MDXPHD

October 11, 2015, 12:51:14 pm #34 Last Edit: October 11, 2015, 01:13:37 pm by MDXPHD
Quote from: futurebobcatdad on October 11, 2015, 10:27:27 am

I take it you have not saw either team play either. I keep forgetting you guys gave us no respect 2 years ago either till we knocked off Camden and kept a rolling. After friday dont fall on ya faces to hard! ;D ;D

This coming from a team that shouldn't have won last week...that vaunted defense was solid huh?

RamFan06

PA Dad I agree. While I have not seen Hope or LRCA play yet, I can say I feel PA could get knocked off by either if those two as well as Lakeside and Sylvan Hills. PA has been dominant but not unbeatable.

Here are my final four after looking at the bracket.

LRCA
Hope
Lakeside
Batesville

I know this flies in the face of everyone anointing PA from day 1 but I like to believe, "On any given Friday night...."

Overdahill

Quote from: PA Dad on October 11, 2015, 12:34:32 pm
BATESVILLE
Doesn't matter
Doesn't matter
Doesn't matter

Let me respectfully disagree.  While PA is no doubt good they are not invincible.  I think LRCA, Batesville, Wynne, Hope, Lakeside and SH all have a shot at beating PA if they play well and limit their mistakes.

Very True! I think we need to be very clear that Batesville is the favorite and get PA out of the crosshairs

PA Dad

October 11, 2015, 01:17:10 pm #37 Last Edit: October 11, 2015, 01:19:23 pm by PA Dad
Quote from: Overdahill on October 11, 2015, 01:13:35 pm
Quote from: PA Dad on October 11, 2015, 12:34:32 pm
BATESVILLE
Doesn't matter
Doesn't matter
Doesn't matter

Very True! I think we need to be very clear that Batesville is the favorite and get PA out of the crosshairs

I like it!  But to please Futurebobcatdad maybe we should make Hope the favorite!

MDXPHD

Hope is definitely the favorite. Without a doubt.

futurebobcatdad

Quote from: MDXPHD on October 11, 2015, 12:51:14 pm
Quote from: futurebobcatdad on October 11, 2015, 10:27:27 am

if we shouldnt have won we would not have won. we turned the ball over 4 times on our end of the field. they did what a good time should do is turn it into points.  Our team didnt give up and played with heart so u cant possibly say we shouldnt have won. I guess PA shouldnt havent beat Wynne either then. Wynne turned it over pa turned it into points.Pa is the master of the onside kick
l

This coming from a team that shouldn't have won last week...that vaunted defense was solid huh?

futurebobcatdad

if any team turn the ball over on their on end of the field against a team as good as WC will get scored on.

futurebobcatdad

Thanks for the complement ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D but i never said we were the favorite because i believe to be the man u have to beat the man. So until someone knocks off PA they are the top DOGS in 5A.

tmycjy

I just went threw the numbers to get my final 4 team I use the current standings to match them up in playoff if it was a tie I use the point system I know there still key game to be play but this how this would go if it started this week

Playoffs
LR Christian 56
Jacksonville 7

Wynne.    31
Camden.  26

P.A.       52
Viloina.  19

Hope           38
Blytheville.   27

HSLS            46
Forrest City    26

Sylvan Hills.   35
morrilton        31

Batesville.  31
W. Chapel   28

Greenbrier      21
LR McClellan.  35

Quarter finals

LR Christian. 44
Wynne.         17

P.A.     44
Hope.   28

HSLS.         35
Sylvan Hills 34

Batesville.      20
LR McClellan.  21

Simi finals

LR Christian 35
P.A.             38

HSLS.       38
LR McClellan 35

Finals

P.A.     44
HSLS.  27

Champion.  P.A.

RamFan06

PA Dad

Quote from: tmycjy on October 11, 2015, 06:34:26 pm
I just went threw the numbers to get my final 4 team I use the current standings to match them up in playoff if it was a tie I use the point system I know there still key game to be play but this how this would go if it started this week

Playoffs
LR Christian 56
Jacksonville 7

Wynne.    31
Camden.  26

P.A.       52
Viloina.  19

Hope           38
Blytheville.   27

HSLS            46
Forrest City    26

Sylvan Hills.   35
morrilton        31

Batesville.  31
W. Chapel   28

Greenbrier      21
LR McClellan.  35

Quarter finals

LR Christian. 44
Wynne.         17

P.A.     44
Hope.   28

HSLS.         35
Sylvan Hills 34

Batesville.      20
LR McClellan.  21

Simi finals

LR Christian 35
P.A.             38

HSLS.       38
LR McClellan 35

Finals

P.A.     44
HSLS.  27

Champion.  P.A.

McClellan over Batesville?  I'd be extremely surprised by that!

The_Pioneer

Burks

McCellan is playing good football, I would not be surprised if the Lions beat Bastesville. I think the East and Bastesville is overrated.

PA Dad

Quote from: Burks on October 11, 2015, 08:52:39 pm
McCellan is playing good football, I would not be surprised if the Lions beat Bastesville. I think the East and Bastesville is overrated.

I'd love to see the Central conference dominate the playoffs.  I agree that McClellan is playing well.  But I don't think the East or Batesville is overrated.  Batesville has proved that it is good over a number of years.  I don't think this year will be any different.

tmycjy

October 11, 2015, 09:37:46 pm #48 Last Edit: October 11, 2015, 09:40:41 pm by tmycjy
Quote from: PA Dad on October 11, 2015, 08:21:50 pm
Quote from: tmycjy on October 11, 2015, 06:34:26 pm

Playoffs
LR Christian 56
Jacksonville 7

Wynne.    31
Camden.  26

P.A.       52
Viloina.  19

Hope           38
Blytheville.   27

HSLS            46
Forrest City    26

Sylvan Hills.   35
morrilton        31

Batesville.  31
W. Chapel   28

Greenbrier      21
LR McClellan.  35

Quarter finals

LR Christian. 44
Wynne.         17

P.A.     44
Hope.   28

HSLS.         35
Sylvan Hills 34

Batesville.      20
LR McClellan.  21

Simi finals

LR Christian 35
P.A.             38

HSLS.       38
LR McClellan 35

Finals

P.A.     44
HSLS.  27

Champion.  P.A.

McClellan over Batesville?  I'd be extremely surprised by that!

I was shock also when I check it
But until all set for real you will never know how far team will go

Burks

My opinion the East is down this season, this not one of Batesville best teams, Wynne was hit to hard by graduation. I don't expect anything from the rest.. I think the Central is proving to be the toughest conference. Sylvan Hills and McClellan will be tough outs and don't sleep on Beebe either, the Badgers always seem to peak about playoff time. Of course we all know PA.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas