• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

1-4A Week 9

Started by Stealthfan, October 22, 2018, 02:08:43 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Stealthfan

The top 3 of the conference readily handled the mid 3 last week.

Gravette found the endzone and made a necessary statement that they aren't the worst.

Looks like the Lincoln - Gentry game may be the most interesting this week.  Every other game seems predictable enough. 

I do expect Lincoln to bounce back from last week with authority, though. 

Just discovered this weekend GF has recently been under interim HC. 

nuttinbuthogs

Quote from: Stealthfan on October 22, 2018, 02:08:43 pm

Looks like the Lincoln - Gentry game may be the most interesting this week.  Every other game seems predictable enough. 

I do expect Lincoln to bounce back from last week with authority, though. 

Just discovered this weekend GF has recently been under interim HC. 

I think Lincoln wins by 2-3 scores.  I'm a little worried they may be looking past Gentry to the week 10 game against Prairie Grove.
Do you know why GF is operating under an interim HC?

Stealthfan

It would be difficult for Lincoln to not look ahead, but they're not used to losing games this season and just discovered some things to work on.  I agree with your score prediction.

As for GF:   https://www.carrollconews.com/story/2559174.html

Also: the GF JH team has 5 shutouts so far in conference.  Might be a sleeper opportunity for an aspiring young coach to springboard a career.

beach bum

Quote from: Stealthfan on October 22, 2018, 07:16:21 pm
It would be difficult for Lincoln to not look ahead, but they're not used to losing games this season and just discovered some things to work on.  I agree with your score prediction.

As for GF:   https://www.carrollconews.com/story/2559174.html

Also: the GF JH team has 5 shutouts so far in conference.  Might be a sleeper opportunity for an aspiring young coach to springboard a career.

I don't know if they'll yo-yo back to 3A either next cycyle.... If they do then look out in 2 years in Green Forest if they get to play at the 3A level with that JH group when they get to be 11th and 12th graders in high school. If they are competing well with the NWA 4A schools just imagine what they would do against Yellville Summit, Marshall, Mountain View, etc.

Stealthfan

Great point.  If they remain in 4A the 1-4A could look quite different by then as well.  Some of these teams they're beating will probably be 5A.

beach bum

Quote from: Stealthfan on October 22, 2018, 07:56:37 pm
Great point.  If they remain in 4A the 1-4A could look quite different by then as well.  Some of these teams they're beating will probably be 5A.

Did not think of that aspect either so nice to see GF should not stay down for too long. And as you said great opportunity for a young guy to come in and potentially have success right away.

BigGuy22

I know its a little early but next next weeks game with PR and Shiloh will decide the conference 1 seed and 2nd seed unless something out of this world happens this Friday! What are y'all thoughts on the game?

Stealthfan

Anyone know if the new PR qb established a passing game?  I haven't been able to find anything on the PR/BV game other than the score.  That might be some gauge to go on. This week's game with GF won't be.

RZback

Quote from: Stealthfan on October 22, 2018, 07:16:21 pm

I think it is important to note that they have not performed well agains the teams with winning records. All their victories are against teams that have won 0-3 games total.    I do think it's important to get wins, to experience winning and to get into a winning frame of mind, but I question whether they have the ability to finish against a team with PG's tradition and years of rising to the occasion. 

nuttinbuthogs

October 23, 2018, 07:48:36 pm #9 Last Edit: October 23, 2018, 10:32:25 pm by nuttinbuthogs
I've already said I am pretty sure Lincoln wins this week and I think anything from 20-25 points is about right.  Gentry hasn't been able to get it all together so unless that happens I don't see them with a real chance at winning.

Stealthfan

More than likely Lincoln gets it done this week.

PR/BV?   Nowhere on the World Wide Web?  Video stream? Even a box score?

My old PR source of info is now out of the picture.  Any posters at that one?

Hawk4L

PR new Qb Carson Rhine was 7-8 85yds 1td agaisnt Berryville

Stealthfan

Thanks.  That is a very good performance.  He's catching on fast!

How did the game go?  Guessing PR put them away early and BV scored late. 

Hawk4L

Yes it was no contest. We played lot of subs in the 2nd half. Shiloh game is gonna be very interesting. I'm hoping we can pull the upset since everyone thinks we have no shot. 

Stealthfan

Doubt anyone thinks PR has no shot.  I watched the PR/Lincoln game and the score looked much closer than it was.  PR was always in control.   It will be an interesting game and a whole lot easier to find information on than the elusive PR/BV game.  I don't expect any more will be out there to find for the GF game this week either.   Thanks again for the recap. 

BigGuy22

I know Shiloh played Truman for a non-conference game this year. Who was the other team they played and how do they stack up to Harrison and Maumelle? Trying to compare PR and Shilohs non-conference!

Hawk4L

Shiloh lost to Texarkana 54-38 and beat Beggs 28-20

$aintMaximu$

Quote from: Hawk4L on October 24, 2018, 10:42:20 pm
Shiloh lost to Texarkana 54-38 and beat Beggs 28-20

Texarkana is 7-1 with it's only loss to out of state rival from Texas.

Beggs is also 7-1 with it's only loss to Shiloh.  Beggs has been averaging 52 points per game.  Shiloh held them to 21.

For Pea Ridge Harrison is undefeated and Maumelle is 4-4 but put a lot of points on PA...

Hawk4L

What do most of y'all predict for the PR Shiloh matchup ?  I think PR is gonna have to force 2-3 turnovers and have none of there own to win but regardless hope it's a good game.

MillsFan1985

Pea Ridge over Green Forest by 41

Prairie Grove over Berryville by 13

Lincoln over Gentry by 34

Shiloh over Gravette by 39

Not very many good games in the 1-4A this week...

RZback

Quote from: Stealthfan on October 24, 2018, 08:48:36 pm
Doubt anyone thinks PR has no shot.  I watched the PR/Lincoln game and the score looked much closer than it was.  PR was always in control.   It will be an interesting game and a whole lot easier to find information on than the elusive PR/BV game.  I don't expect any more will be out there to find for the GF game this week either.   Thanks again for the recap.

That's true, the PR/Lincoln game was not really in question and PR had a couple of opportunities to widen the score.  Also the new QB at PR has gotten his feet wet a little and playing better each game.  He plays on both sides of the ball but I don't think he played defense in the last game due to a minor injury?  but he should be ready for Shiloh.

RZback

The two really important games left are PR/Shiloh, and Lincoln/PG.  Gentry/Lincoln are the teams on the bubble.  If Gentry can win out they could wind up in the 4 spot, by beating Lincoln and Gravette.  Lincoln could be pushed to 3-4 if this happens and they lose to PG. If Lincoln can win out they wind up at 3rd and if they go 1-1 they will be 4th.
This scenario is doubtful but possible.
So still a lot of interesting developments in the last two weeks and tomorrow will set the stage for the final conference game for each team.

Hawk4L

Quote from: RZback on October 25, 2018, 11:37:13 am
That's true, the PR/Lincoln game was not really in question and PR had a couple of opportunities to widen the score.  Also the new QB at PR has gotten his feet wet a little and playing better each game.  He plays on both sides of the ball but I don't think he played defense in the last game due to a minor injury?  but he should be ready for Shiloh.
If Pr woulda been playing someone good he woulda played D.  We didn't need him out there against Berryville and won't this week either.  He will not likely be playing both ways against Shiloh though.

Stealthfan

Quote from: Hawk4L on October 25, 2018, 01:10:37 pm
If Pr woulda been playing someone good he woulda played D.  We didn't need him out there against Berryville and won't this week either.  He will not likely be playing both ways against Shiloh though.

I think I'm reading this right.  You're simply saying they don't plan to fatigue him against Shiloh.  At first glance it appeared you're stating since he wasn't needed on D against Berryville he won't be needed against Shiloh.  If the latter, THAT is confidence. 

bulldoghistorian

If things go as planned this week, deciding seeds 1 through 4 heading into week 10 will be simple, and Gentry would get the 5 seed by beating Gravette in week 10.
Gravette would get the 5 if the Lions beat Gentry and if GF happened to upset Berryville.
However, if Barryville and Gravette win, Berryville, Gentry, and Gravette would all 3 be 2-5 with the 3 teams 1-1 against each other, so you go to points.
Should the 3 teams happen to finish with the same amount of points, a coin flip will be conducted.

Hawk4L

Quote from: Stealthfan on October 25, 2018, 04:23:45 pm
I think I'm reading this right.  You're simply saying they don't plan to fatigue him against Shiloh.  At first glance it appeared you're stating since he wasn't needed on D against Berryville he won't be needed against Shiloh.  If the latter, THAT is confidence.
Haha. I meant to say he most Likely will play both ways.    Not sure how I wrote not. We definetly will need him out there.

Stealthfan

Watched that kid since JH.  If anyone is, he is up for the task.

Thatoneguy2

well im gonna miss coach bishop and his 8-27 record good times

RZback

Quote from: Thatoneguy2 on October 26, 2018, 08:30:46 am
well im gonna miss coach bishop and his 8-27 record good times

Any further information on Coach Bishops' leaving?

Thatoneguy2

Quote from: RZback on October 26, 2018, 10:20:37 am
Any further information on Coach Bishops' leaving?
[/quote

all i know bout the coach is he wont get his ring this year and our smash mouth football is gone but not our championship heart!

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas