• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Junction City @ Salem

Started by Dragon I, November 16, 2012, 09:52:01 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

Dragon I

The game is finally set. Who you got?

JC 28-6

the game

Dragon I

I beat Dragonator by less than 30 seconds! BOOM!

ng71

well do you need directions we can oblige

Dragon I

No, a few years back, these guys invented this thing called the Internet. Then a few years later they made Google. It's really cool. You can get it on your phone too. If you would like, I will show you how to use it Friday.

cuz

Quote from: Dragon I on November 16, 2012, 10:27:21 pm
No, a few years back, these guys invented this thing called the Internet. Then a few years later they made Google. It's really cool. You can get it on your phone too. If you would like, I will show you how to use it Friday.
You left out the GPS...... ;D

ng71

well we respect you as a team  but you  better be ready because we will be ready cuz nobody tooted your horn

Dragon I

ng71

dragonator

Quote from: Dragon I on November 16, 2012, 09:55:23 pm

You may be younger and faster, but I'm older and have more insurance.  ;D

rcd9146

Quote from: ng71 on November 16, 2012, 10:18:51 pm
Cant get there from junction city.

Greyhound#1

This the game everyone been waiting on. 

ng71

Quote from: Greyhound#1 on November 16, 2012, 10:55:39 pm
This the game everyone been waiting on.
has the countdown started yet

WMSbound

I think JC will win by 20 points, but man I will be rooting for Salem!!

ng71

Quote from: WMSbound on November 16, 2012, 11:10:00 pm
u know theres only been 1 team score 20+ on us

WMSbound

yeah, well getting ready to be 2. I hope ya'll pull it off, I really do.

Wilson

I really dont know much about Salem. . i know they are supposed to be pretty good and they will be the home team so they have a few things going for them already.   I will say this. . .as any of the old hands on here that know me will say. . I'm a straight shooter and dont blow smoke up anyone's backside. . I am also quick to call JC out if i think they are a pretender and not a contender. . I have now seen JC play the last 3 weeks in a row and i will say this. . I'm impressed. .and it takes alot for that to happen. . cause i got spoiled watching JC from 03-06 and then living in West Monroe and watching the Rebs for 6 years. . I'm not saying JC is on West Monroe's level. .im just saying its hard to impress me. . JC has lots of speed and that defense is dang tough. . I'm also shocked at just how well JC passes the ball now. . .Not try'n to ruffel any feathers with the Salem faithfull. . Just saying I'm impressed with JC. . .I hope Salem has plenty of speed to stay with JC. . cause 1 or 2 mistakes and a game can get away from you quick cause JC is just that fast. . gonna have to play keep away and grind it out keeping JC's offense off the field. . Wish i could make it but I'm gonna stay home or watch some playoffs around here

godgiven999

Quote from: ng71 on November 16, 2012, 11:12:47 pm
Quote from: WMSbound on November 16, 2012, 11:10:00 pm
u know theres only been 1 team score 20+ on us
JC will be the best team Salem has seen all year and playing a slow team prior to this game wont help. It will take almost 2 quarters for salem to adjust to their speed.

bleudog

November 16, 2012, 11:26:00 pm #18 Last Edit: November 16, 2012, 11:32:56 pm by bleudog
Quote from: ng71 on November 16, 2012, 10:18:51 pm

Wouldn't be trying to send those Dragon buses to Bigelow would you? ;D

Looks like it's almost going to be the Battle of 167.  That is if y'all were a little closer to Ash Flats.

How's the attendance been at Salem playoff games?  The Dragons need a big gate to help buy all that fuel for the buses.

A shame the teams can't meet halfway and use that stadium by the golf course in Little Rock. ;)

Donnie Jamon

Salem has no chance w/o jj gray. You can't beat a team like jc with a backup rb.

bdubyab60

Ill be pulling for Salem. I hope they can get it done. I just think JC is better. Salem can win but they are gonna hve to play a heck of a ballgame. I think the bye week slowed them a little against Bigelow but by the end they had pulled away.

I think Salem will give em a good go though. Ill be in the deer woods when this one is going on so someone keep it updated.

ng71

ng71

Quote from: Donnie Jamon on November 16, 2012, 11:28:09 pm
Salem has no chance w/o jj gray. You can't beat a team like jc with a backup rb.
go play basketball

greyhound68

I heard JC is running alot of the spread now is that true? and what D do they run?

bdubyab60

Donnie Jamon

Quote from: ng71 on November 16, 2012, 11:34:30 pm
Quote from: Donnie Jamon on November 16, 2012, 11:28:09 pm
go play basketball

Go do your sister.

dragonator

Quote from: greyhound68 on November 16, 2012, 11:53:31 pm
I heard JC is running alot of the spread now is that true? and what D do they run?

Well, i don't want to get scolded for giving out classified information (like some of the Salem fans), but just let me say that putting 11 in the box aint gonna work against this JC team. ;)

Classof91

If Salem has some starters out due to injury and ejection then I'm sorry but you guys have absolutely now idea what ya'll are gonna be facing next Friday.  Salem has been playing good and if they had all their starter to play then I would say it would be a fairly close game, but you just can't match JC without all your guns...

tdn (Tim)

Quote from: Dragon I on November 16, 2012, 10:27:21 pm
That was Al Gore invented the Internet, you know ;)

Donnie Jamon

I was going with Salem full strength. They will still be good on defense

greyhound68

Well, should be a good game and one of these 2 should be in little rock for the big game. Good luck to both teams and safe travels to all the JC gang. This Salem D is very stingy and don't like NEVER MIND.(somebody will say I was mouthing Salem again) good luck to both teams and let's have us a good game and hope for no injuries.

Greyhound#1

JJ gray has not been ruled out yet.  We have plenty of RB's. 

dragonator

Quote from: greyhound68 on November 17, 2012, 12:24:55 am
Well, should be a good game and one of these 2 should be in little rock for the big game. Good luck to both teams and safe travels to all the JC gang. This Salem D is very stingy and don't like NEVER MIND.(somebody will say I was mouthing Salem again) good luck to both teams and let's have us a good game and hope for no injuries.

Amen.  ;)

greyhound68

Will JC be coming up early fri morning??

Greyhound#1

Ng u angry tonight?  We just blew out pretty good bigelow team...  Good time to be a greyhound fan. 

ole73

Has it been confirmed that JJ is not playing ?? I think NOT,Don't get the Horse in front of the Cart just yet..And Salem does not revolve around just ONE player !! Give them more credit than that..They Had 2 Backs go over a 100 yds tonight without JJ in there,,,Riddle me that !!!

Ventman

Quote from: dragonator on November 16, 2012, 10:41:22 pm
Quote from: Dragon I on November 16, 2012, 09:55:23 pm

You may be younger and faster, but I'm older and have more insurance.  ;D
[/quote
Now that's funny!

ole73

Oooops,,,Hope I didn't give out valuable info there,,I am new at this  :-*

Greyhound#1

Absolutely not...talk to his dad at the of this game.  Really didn't know how the hammy was.  He thought it was just a strain and not tore. 

dragonator

Quote from: greyhound68 on November 17, 2012, 12:36:04 am

JC will most likely leave early, stop somewhere on the way and get a quick practice session in and hit the road again. At least that is what they have done in the past on long trips.

greyhound68

ole73

Quote from: Greyhound#1 on November 17, 2012, 12:46:54 am
Absolutely not...talk to his dad at the of this game.  Really didn't know how the hammy was.  He thought it was just a strain and not tore.
EXACTLY !!!

greyhound68

My son travels through JC back and forth to school, 5hrs It's a long trip and that is what we done last yr when we went to magazine.

dragonator

Quote from: Classof91 on November 17, 2012, 12:04:08 am
If Salem has some starters out due to injury and ejection then I'm sorry but you guys have absolutely now idea what ya'll are gonna be facing next Friday.  Salem has been playing good and if they had all their starter to play then I would say it would be a fairly close game, but you just can't match JC without all your guns...

91', no disrespect to Bearden, but JC has come together since the games with you guys and Rison. Early in the season, JC didn't have an identity offensively and it showed. They didn't practice the "bone" all summer and focused strictly on the spread. We weren't very consistent running or passing the ball. Also, turn overs and stupid penalties killed us early on. Luckily, our defense rose to the occasion, as always, and just shut people down. In the past five games JC has played some awesome football on both sides. This offense is really poppin' and the D has been just dominating. This bunch is as fun to watch as any Dragon team since the days of Byron Jones and Allen Turner and may even be more talented. ;)

bleudog

Quote from: greyhound68 on November 17, 2012, 12:59:24 am
My son travels through JC back and forth to school, 5hrs It's a long trip and that is what we done last yr when we went to magazine.

G68, what school is your son attending?

Classof91

Im not gonna argue that for sure.  Jc knows what it takes to get the job done.  But our bears have improved since our game at jc too.  Anyway we got two more games to focus on before that scenario becomes reality.

2AGenius

Quote from: Greyhound#1 on November 17, 2012, 12:37:25 am
Ng u angry tonight?  We just blew out pretty good bigelow team...  Good time to be a greyhound fan.

Thought Cedar Ridge could beat them... LOL!!!

bleudog

Quote from: dragonator on November 17, 2012, 12:47:05 am
Quote from: greyhound68 on November 17, 2012, 12:36:04 am

JC will most likely leave early, stop somewhere on the way and get a quick practice session in and hit the road again. At least that is what they have done in the past on long trips.

I understand Coach Carpenter has a connection to a Beebe coach who is allowing the use of their facilities to break up the trip and let the Dragons stretch their legs.

greyhound68

LC college in pinville LA. He's a freshmen center for them. it's right outside Alexandria.

Classof91

Hey is it true that phil robertson use to coach at jc?  Sorry off topic.....

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas