• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

2013 7A/6A State Volleyball Brackets Filled In

Started by woodpeckerfsm, October 24, 2013, 10:16:26 am

Previous topic - Next topic

B unit

Does anybody know which court is court1&2 in 6a and where they are at

ricepig

October 28, 2013, 09:10:16 am #2 Last Edit: October 28, 2013, 09:18:25 am by ricepig
Quote from: B unit on October 28, 2013, 08:54:13 am
Does anybody know which court is court1&2 in 6a and where they are at

Court #1 is the JHS gym, and court #2 is the Annie Camp Jr High gym. Don't google AC Jr High, or the directions will send you to the front of the school, the gym and parking are in the rear. I'll post it's address on here in a bit.

Use 1014 Ferrell St on your GPS for the AC location

Here is the info on the state tournament in Jonesboro, scroll down and click on host info, 6A.

http://www.ahsaa.org/activity/7/volleyball

ricepig

Benton over Searcy 3-0 in game #1 at JHS,, as Searcy manages 11 total points in the three games.

ricepig

ricepig

Marion in 3 over Fair, and Lake Hamilton in 3 over Parkview.

MarionBlueDevil

Quote from: ricepig on October 29, 2013, 12:53:02 pm
Benton over Searcy 3-0 in game #1 at JHS,, as Searcy manages 11 total points in the three games.

I've seen Searcy twice this year. There's just not a commitment to the sport up there that I can tell.

ricepig

ricepig

Siloam Springs over Hall, and Russellville over El Do, both in 3. I hope the real volleyball starts tomorrow.

Valleysports

October 29, 2013, 07:24:15 pm #10 Last Edit: October 29, 2013, 10:24:58 pm by Valleysports
Quote from: DiehardFBfan on October 29, 2013, 05:52:47 pm
;D oh Valley!!!!

That's the ONLY UPSET - Number E5 knocking off S4  Congratulations!  Hey honestly, Greenwood getting a warm up tonight, might help with Jonesboro (didn't play) tomorrow.  Maybe GW can get off to a faster start.

Anyone going to the Open Ceremony tonight? Starts in an hour.

Valleysports

C'mon ricepig - you sleeping?
Marion over Lake Hamilton in 3.

ricepig

Quote from: Valleysports on October 30, 2013, 05:42:43 pm
C'mon ricepig - you sleeping?
Marion over Lake Hamilton in 3.

Nope, not there, just saw it on twitter. I may have to rely on you for scores tonight. I'm unavailable tonight. I'll be getting updates myself.

ricepig

October 30, 2013, 07:52:02 pm #14 Last Edit: October 30, 2013, 07:54:39 pm by ricepig
Jonesboro over GW in 4, Siloam and Russellville in game 5.

Russellville wins game 5  17-15.

Valleysports

October 30, 2013, 08:23:51 pm #15 Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 01:27:56 am by Valleysports
Now Russellville, who barely finished .500 in the central conference, has to face the dominating #1 seed from the East, Jonesboro (13-1).  I hope Russellville can keep it close!  :-\

ricepig

Quote from: Valleysports on October 30, 2013, 08:23:51 pm
Now Russellville, who barely finished .500 in the central conference, has to face the dominating #1 seed from the East, Jonesboro (13-1).  I hope Russellville can keep it close!  :-\

You just beat the best team in the tournament in Siloam, I know, you told me so. I'm hoping the Canes can scratch a few points and not get white washed.

ricepig

Benton wins the first two games over Marion, on to #3.

Valleysports

Jonesboro and Marion are probably getting tired of playing each other anyway.

ricepig

Marion rallies from 7 down to take game 3, on to game 4.

ricepig

ricepig

ricepig

Valleysports

I'm sorry - this thread has been locked, please come back after Obamacare Website workers have repaired it!

ricepig

Russellville fights off a match point to win the 3rd set, 27-25, on to the 4th set.

Valleysports

October 31, 2013, 07:36:13 pm #25 Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 07:37:54 pm by Valleysports
We must've put the Starters on the floor - that aggrivates the heck out of me!

ricepig

October 31, 2013, 07:53:18 pm #26 Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 07:59:51 pm by ricepig
Here we go to the 5th set, Russ wins 25-23.

ricepig

Jonesboro wins the 5th set 15-9, on to Russellville for the finals against Benton @ 7pm.

Valleysports

October 31, 2013, 08:12:12 pm #28 Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 08:22:32 pm by Valleysports
If you want to play in the Championship Game next year, y'all better not be on our side of the bracket Ricepig! :). Sounded like it ended up being a good match.

ricepig

Quote from: Valleysports on October 31, 2013, 08:12:12 pm
If you want to play in the Championship Game next year, y'all better not be on our side of the bracket Ricepig! :). Sounds like a good match.

We have some good young players, I wasn't sure if this year, or next year would be the best. I'm not sure how many Srs we play, I know our libero and another girl are Srs, my daughter is a Jr, doesn't play, but best friend is good. My daughter is 6', but has always been a ballerina, I couldn't get her to play any sports, haha.

Valleysports

October 31, 2013, 08:35:25 pm #30 Last Edit: October 31, 2013, 09:08:50 pm by Valleysports
Russellville will be much improved, after tonight, also!  ;)

ricepig

Quote from: Valleysports on October 31, 2013, 08:35:25 pm
Russellville will be much improve after tonight!  ;)
Understand, we had that problem with thus group a couple of years ago.   :D

ricepig

Looks like in the end, a cyclone was no match for a hurricane. Congrats to all the teams in Jonesboro this week, and hope you enjoyed your stay. JHS will go for it's third state championship this fall to go along with two runner-up finishes.

ricepig

Just caught it on twitter, congrats to the Lady Canes on their 11th state volleyball ball championship.
That's 3 state championships, and 2 runners-up this fall for the school with the most state championships.

Blindsided

Heard this yesterday and not sure what to think.  It may not even be true......but is it my understanding that the officials (or one of them) for the Jonesboro/Benton final is from Jonesboro, and even coached some of the Jonesboro players in J.O.?  If so, that's disturbing.  Especially since there were a lot of "questionable" calls that went JB's way.  Hope its not true, maybe just some sore losers from Benton saying it.  They have a lot of those in that town.

ricepig

November 04, 2013, 01:16:41 pm #35 Last Edit: November 04, 2013, 01:23:00 pm by ricepig
Quote from: Blindsided on November 04, 2013, 10:15:28 am
Heard this yesterday and not sure what to think.  It may not even be true......but is it my understanding that the officials (or one of them) for the Jonesboro/Benton final is from Jonesboro, and even coached some of the Jonesboro players in J.O.?  If so, that's disturbing.  Especially since there were a lot of "questionable" calls that went JB's way.  Hope its not true, maybe just some sore losers from Benton saying it.  They have a lot of those in that town.

Male, or female?

And you do realize there are 4 school districts in Jonesboro, so there is no love lost amongst them.

Valleysports

It's true - there was a lot of grumbling about it - he coached some of the Jonesboro girls JO Team.  It's par for Volleyball though.  In VB you are at the mercy of the home team - not just talking about this situation, talking about all season long.  It really gets pathetic at times.

ricepig

Quote from: Valleysports on January 19, 2014, 04:25:34 pm
It's true - there was a lot of grumbling about it - he coached some of the Jonesboro girls JO Team.  It's par for Volleyball though.  In VB you are at the mercy of the home team - not just talking about this situation, talking about all season long.  It really gets pathetic at times.

Well, since it was in Russellville, I guess we blame them.

Valleysports

My bad - the Jonesboro Games, in Jonesboro, were the ones I was talking about and it wasn't really a debate.  It was more about how can we avoid this in the future.  I'll try to find out if the same guy traveled to Russellville, with the team.

ricepig

Quote from: Valleysports on January 21, 2014, 06:42:38 pm
My bad - the Jonesboro Games, in Jonesboro, were the ones I was talking about and it wasn't really a debate.  It was more about how can we avoid this in the future.  I'll try to find out if the same guy traveled to Russellville, with the team.

We're you at Jonesboro, yeah, I didn't think so.

ricepig

I like that idea, bring your own officials, I'm going to see if the AAA will let us do that in all sports.

Valleysports

ricepig you don't follow volleyball - chill out!

ricepig

Quote from: Valleysports on January 21, 2014, 09:45:30 pm
ricepig you don't follow volleyball - chill out!

I'd rather watch 10 back to back volleyball matches, than one girl's basketball game.

Valleysports

I know - me too!  Do away with Basketball - go Soccer (July-Oct), VB (Dec-Feb), Softball (Mar-May).

I'd like to see girls go back to Slow Pitch Softball as well - now that FP has been dropped from the Olympics.  With FP, it's just who happens to have the Pitcher.  Like Russellville for the next couple of years.  I'd like to see a hit every time at bat and make it a team sport.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas