• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

It sure would be nice to see some activity in this forum this year!: Part MMXII

Started by sevenof400, July 02, 2013, 04:53:35 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

ricepig

Quote from: Valleysports on October 11, 2013, 11:33:06 am
Russellville is losing kids to other school districts?  That's why I respond, you make so many off the cuff miss informed post.  You are runaway train of misinformation.  Why in the world would you be posting on a Russellville Jr High Thread?  And you didn't even know how many Jr Highs Russellville had.  You just posted well ---- well then ------- well y'all are the biggest 6A ------ well.... ha ha   I know you're a Grouchy Old Man (about like myself) so it's all good!  ;D
I'm not sure if it was you or another poster who said Pottsville?? was the "white flight" school for Russellville, like Valley View is for Jonesboro. I'm just giving the kids some pub on here, they enjoy it.

Valleysports

QuoteI'm not sure if it was you or another poster who said Pottsville?? was the "white flight" school for Russellville,

So again you post with absolutely no clue of what you are talking about.  Someone made a post and you sucked it up and used it as fact later on.  It's your Liberal (CNBC) mentality.  How about not giving the kids anymore publicity go back to baseball or something. 

ricepig

Quote from: Valleysports on October 11, 2013, 02:17:20 pm
QuoteI'm not sure if it was you or another poster who said Pottsville?? was the "white flight" school for Russellville,

So again you post with absolutely no clue of what you are talking about.  Someone made a post and you sucked it up and used it as fact later on.  It's your Liberal (CNBC) mentality.  How about not giving the kids anymore publicity go back to baseball or something.

Well, how come you aren't a 7A school anymore? Did that poster make that up? I didn't see you deny it in that thread, not true? Liberal? You obviously don't know who I am, haha. Do a little bit of checking before you make anymore stupid statements like that. Don't worry, I'll post win or lose, unlike you. I didn't pick us to play in the finals, I figured we were a year off.

Valleysports

LOL Russellville never had a student body large enough to be in the 7A.  All those years we were the ONLY 6A School playing in the 7A.  Never heard much about that did you?  We kept our mouths shut, but finally some whiners had to mess it up for us!   >:(

Instead of making your next statement, put it in question form first.  I'll be happy to help you with your facts.  ;)

BTW, are you still going to sale me that truck, even if we're not getting along?

ricepig

Quote from: Valleysports on October 11, 2013, 02:54:45 pm
LOL Russellville never had a student body large enough to be in the 7A.  All those years we were the ONLY 6A School playing in the 7A.  Never heard much about that did you?  We kept our mouths shut, but finally some whiners had to mess it up for us!   >:(

Instead of making your next statement, put it in question form first.  I'll be happy to help you with your facts.  ;)

BTW, are you still going to sale me that truck, even if we're not getting along?

Dang, I hate it when you get one right, still doesn't answer why you aren't 7A, white flight?

Sure, as long as you meet what the dealer is going to give me. How many miles do you want on it, I'll get a new one this month.

Valleysports

Quotestill doesn't answer why you aren't 7A, white flight?

No - just big school (1100 students) vs little school.  Russellville is locked in by the Arkansas River and Lake Dardanelle, so it's growth can only move towards Pottsville & Dover.  Some of the nicest subdivisions are in the Pottsville school district.  Only thing keeping me from moving to that higher end subdivision, is that my in-laws live there.  Our family is in both schools.  Some families definitely love the smaller school environment, some like the benefits of a larger school.  RHS really gets those kids ready for college.  My 3 kids all scored above 30 ACT - do you think they got that from me or the Russellville School District?  ;)

ricepig

Quote from: Valleysports on October 11, 2013, 08:26:19 pm
Quotestill doesn't answer why you aren't 7A, white flight?

No - just big school (1100 students) vs little school.  Russellville is locked in by the Arkansas River and Lake Dardanelle, so it's growth can only move towards Pottsville & Dover.  Some of the nicest subdivisions are in the Pottsville school district.  Only thing keeping me from moving to that higher end subdivision, is that my in-laws live there.  Our family is in both schools.  Some families definitely love the smaller school environment, some like the benefits of a larger school.  RHS really gets those kids ready for college.  My 3 kids all scored above 30 ACT - do you think they got that from me or the Russellville School District?  ;)

I'm 100% sure it came from your wife, my kids are blessed like that too.  Sounds like Russellville is similar to Jonesboro, we're land locked and the new growth has been in VV to the south and Brookand to the north.

1-Adam-12

Paris tournament is tomorrow. A good late-season tuneup for the run to the state tournament and as always loaded with fine teams.

Three pools of four teams each:

A (Main Gym) Lavaca, Rogers Heritage, Farmington, Jessieville
B (Volleyball Gym) Mena, Paris, Pea Ridge, Atkins
C (Middle School Gym) Mansfield, Booneville, Huntsville, Fountain Lake

Good luck and safe travels to all teams.

ricepig

Jonesboro goes 3-1 at Conway tournament, falls to Conway in the semis.

1-Adam-12

Mena won the Paris Tourney, not sure who they played in the finals (probably Mansfield) but beat Heritage in the semis.

There were some crazy results in pool play:  Paris whipped Mena in one game 25-14 I think and Jessieville was able to take one from Heritage, just for two. I believe Mansfield was the only one to go through their pool unscathed.

As for Booneville they did not get to the championship bracket, but beat Huntsville and Atkins to win the silver bracket.  So at least they have some confidence going into a big match Tuesday at home against Arkadelphia. If the Lady Cats win they lock up the #3 seed from the West. 

Mena hosts Waldron tomorrow night with #1 seed on the line. Unless Waldron wins in 3 Mena will get the #1.  No district tournament in 4A West this season so all the seeds could be decided by Tuesday night.

1-Adam-12

Per Twitter Mena beat Waldron in 4. That locks up the 1 seed for Mena. Waldron will be 2 and if Booneville knocks off Arkadelphia tonight BHS will be the 3.

1-Adam-12

Booneville clinches state tournament bid and (unless Malvern upsets Mena and Waldron this week) the #3 seed in 4a West with sweep of Arkadelphia tonight.  5th tournament bid in the program's 7th season.

AT

MarionBlueDevil

Marion beat West Memphis 25-8, 25-18 and 25-17 last night.

Marion's rolling along at 11-2 ahead of a date with North Little Rock on Thursday.

West Memphis is struggling, but good things are coming to that program. They finally got a few more coaches to help out with the middle school and junior high programs. It won't happen overnight, but I believe that the Lady Devils are a sleeping giant.

Valleysports

ricepig, I don't think we'll make it very far, against descent teams this year, even though I predicted Jonesboro vs Russellville.  We have the players, but we play what should be the JV.  Been dealing with this for years.  Couple of years ago we had an All State Jr, who sat the bench her Senior year, while the team withered on the vine, just weird.  Now we have a handcuffed JO Team.  Most everyone gets so frustrated by the end of the  season, win or lose, that they just want it to be over with.  But who knows, maybe the light will flicker just enough to win a quarter or semi... Maybe we'll play south teams most of the way. 

ricepig

Valley, you don't have to sandbag like Bait to me, it's ok to say you're good. I really don't have any idea who is good, I just know I prefer girl's volleyball to girl's basketball 10:1. In volleyball, you don't get to hold the ball and dribble around for :30 , it's one touch and qiick.

Valleysports

Ha ha that is so true - even women's basketball games, in college, are for gathering & socializing before the boys game.

ricepig

Jonesboro defeats Central 3-0, wins the 7A/6A East conference with a 13-1 record.

Lionheart88

Quote from: Valleysports on October 17, 2013, 02:20:24 pm
Ha ha that is so true - even women's basketball games, in college, are for gathering & socializing before the boys game.

I'd rather watch the college women any day.  Some of them are cute.

1-Adam-12

Mena beats Booneville 3-0 (25-23 25-17 25-14).  Props to Mena on an undefeated conference season.
Understand Arkadelphia swept Ashdown.

No district tournament in the 4A West so the seeds for state are:

1) Mena
2) Waldron
3) Booneville
4) Arkadelphia

Best of luck to all of them and let's bring a 4A championship to the West!

Addicted

1-Adam-12

Agreed.  IMO Mena has the only shot among non-NE teams to knock them off, no disrespect intended to the other conferences. 

Mena has a great mix of experience and youth and are on a tremendous roll right now.  Unbeaten through the conference, losing only two games (both to Waldron) and only one other 4AW team has scored 23 against them in a game.

ricepig

VV defeats Jonesboro in 4, I told you it was harder to win the city title, than the conference title.

Valleysports

AT

Alma defeated Harrison last night for a big win. I think it puts Alma in good position to go from the 4th seed to at least the 3rd seed. If they beat Morrilton, they can still get the 2 seed, I believe.

DogsWin7

I saw that Valley.    Greenwood is still tough!   So watch it! 

Waldron finished 2nd in their conference with a record of 8-2 with the two losses being to Mena I understand.   Should be fun headed into state. 

1-Adam-12

Waldron will probably be playing Farmington.  Lady Cards are aggressive but make a lot of mistakes.  Shouldn't be much of a problem for Coach Mo and crew.

DogsWin7

Let's hope your right!    Waldron is usually always right there in the mix.   

1-Adam-12

The brackets are nearly complete, just waiting for the district tourney to end in the NW.  Malloy and Reed and friends will be journeying to Farmington to watch the final between Berryville and Pea Ridge. 

Winner gets Arkadelphia in the first round while the runner up plays Booneville.

ricepig

1-Adam-12

Last night I saw the best high school volleyball game I have seen in my seven years of following the sport.

The third game of Berryville-Pea Ridge in the 4A NW championship match had it all. Great rallies, both sets of fans totally involved, players giving all they had. Each team had four game points AFTER 24-24.

In the end Berryville prevailed 33-31 and went on to take the match.

It will take some doing to surpass this game in terms of entertainment value. Shout out to these teams and their fans. Well done.

BVCAT

1-ADAM-12,

How do you think Berryville and Pea ridge stack up against the NEA teams and Mena?

1-Adam-12

I haven't seen any of the NEA teams, except Brookland briefly in a camp situation.  They have a lot of size and a good libero.  Their middle is bigger than Pea Ridge's.  VV and JB Westside are the teams to beat not just in a match situation but in the tournament.

I have seen Mena multiple times.  They too have a very good libero and they do not make a lot of mistakes.  Their hitters are veterans but they also have good underclassmen.  Very athletic and deep team.  Have only lost to Mansfield (twice), Greenwood, and Benton.

Was very impressed with your girls last night.  They remind me a lot of my team, Booneville.  Always hustling, never giving up on a ball. Your middle has a lot of potential and your hitters are already good.  Would have loved to see a matchup between our teams.  Probably a lot of long rallies and probably close.

Your opponent in the 1st round, Arkadelphia, is a very athletic team.  But they can get frustrated in a long rally if you keep digging the ball up.

Booneville and Pea Ridge should be a very good match, possibly the best of the first round.

Good luck!

FT44

Valley View ranked out number 1 in state with MaxPreps?   

1-Adam-12

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas