• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

What is the better game...?

Started by CincyGuyintheFort, January 12, 2015, 12:25:57 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

CincyGuyintheFort

...to attend on Tuesday night?

Fayetteville(seen boys none) @ Southside(I've seen 2x this year)   OR  Van Buren(seen 2x) @ Alma(I've see 4x)

Just lookin for a little input, I'm torn, 50-50 on it right now. VB, Alma will be a good game and of course going to the palace is always nice.
But I have yet to see Fayetteville play, and i think playing at SS, this game will be closer than expected.

DerekOxford

Quote from: CincyGuyintheFort on January 12, 2015, 12:25:57 pm
...to attend on Tuesday night?

Fayetteville(seen boys none) @ Southside(I've seen 2x this year)   OR  Van Buren(seen 2x) @ Alma(I've see 4x)

Just lookin for a little input, I'm torn, 50-50 on it right now. VB, Alma will be a good game and of course going to the palace is always nice.
But I have yet to see Fayetteville play, and i think playing at SS, this game will be closer than expected.

Van Buren at Alma easily unless you REALLY want to see Fayetteville play. I would just wait for Fayetteville to play at Northside on Feb. 6.

Razorback Red

For the atmosphere alone, I would say VB/Alma.  Should be a great one.  I would like to see VB pick up the win, but Alma is tough.

Fville shouldn't have too many problems with SS, but SS did hang with Bville for 3Q's. 

Tripod1

Southside boys are not very good so Fayetteville could blow them out.  Also you have a cracker box gym and no chair back seats.  VB - Alma has the makings of a very good game.  You will be very comfortable in their arena too.

DerekOxford

Quote from: Tripod1 on January 12, 2015, 01:27:37 pm
Southside boys are not very good so Fayetteville could blow them out.  Also you have a cracker box gym and no chair back seats.  VB - Alma has the makings of a very good game.  You will be very comfortable in their arena too.

Southside has the worst gym in the conference in terms of comfort by far.

I would rank them, in order of comfort:

1) Fayetteville
2) Heritage
3) Har-Ber
4) Rogers
5) Bentonville
6) Springdale
7) Northside
8) Southside

Now if we ranked in terms of atmosphere, that's a different story. That used to be Fayetteville but the new gym has killed that.

jking7

January 12, 2015, 02:31:15 pm #5 Last Edit: January 12, 2015, 03:13:26 pm by jking7
Van Buren and Alma for sure! Should be a amazing game and Alma has a very nice arena. like someone said in a post before I would wait until the BullDogs play Northside later in the season if you can.

WPWells

I'd definitely choose Van Buren-Alma

CincyGuyintheFort

Yeah, but the arena at this point isn't much of a deciding factor, I have been there 4x this season already.
And yeah Southside is just a typical , built in the 60s-70s era high school gym. But sometimes those bandboxes are the best, cause they get so loud and the fans are right on top of the players

Also a bit of a factor for me is, there will be multiple people at the Alma game, who will provide updates and commentary on the game. The Ss v. Fville I don't think will have that from anyone

jking7

VB-Alma do play again this season you asked what was the better game and that will almost for sure be VB-Alma but fayetteville is a fun team to watch(seen them twice) so its really just your prefrence so If you are not a fan of any of these teams just decide what you think is the best game for you to go watch.

CincyGuyintheFort

January 13, 2015, 01:08:37 am #9 Last Edit: January 13, 2015, 01:11:25 am by CincyGuyintheFort
Oh I'm so torn, lol not like its a huge decision or anything. But I know on paper at the least, alma v. VB is a very good game. 2 best teams in the 7/6 Central. Plus the girls game should be a good matchup too.
But I just have a feeling that Southside is going to give F'ville a good game . But Fayetteville girls will probably handle Southside.

Hmmm I'm thinkin to the Alma Dome it is!

OldCoach1

Quote from: CincyGuyintheFort on January 13, 2015, 01:08:37 am
Oh I'm so torn, lol not like its a huge decision or anything. But I know on paper at the least, alma v. VB is a very good game. 2 best teams in the 7/6 Central. Plus the girls game should be a good matchup too.
But I just have a feeling that Southside is going to give F'ville a good game . But Fayetteville girls will probably handle Southside.

Hmmm I'm thinkin to the Alma Dome it is!
You will be much more comfortable there!!!!!  Southside boys are improved from last year (and I agree with some other posters that they will upset someone) but Fayettville's depth and size will be too much for them.  Fayetteville girls should handle Southside girls fairly easily.

SNWA

no contest.....Fayetteville girls and boys will win by 20 plus......both Alma games will be very competitive and throw in the Arena, no brainer.

DogsWin7

CincyGuyintheFort

I'm running late, but I am on my way to the Palace at Alma Hills...

SNWA

Keep us posted.  GW up 16 at half.  This is Siloams best team in a while.  They will beat some teams.

SNWA

jking7

Girls-Van Buren Beats Alma 54-33

jking7

SNWA

jking7

SNWA

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas