• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

This is the New Coaches hall of Fame

Started by LIONS89, October 13, 2008, 02:40:41 pm

Previous topic - Next topic

LIONS89

SAW THIS ON THE 3A BOARD.......
If you could have a class 2A Coaching Hall of Fame who would you nominate ???
1. Frank Mccellan from Barton ( enough said )
2. Preston Stidman from Mt.Ida ( coach both Jr and Sr football team for years,numerous conference titles,state playoff appearences ) 
  Would be a great start....
    Who else

Wilson

one word.......3 letters.    "Red"   

I figure most all in here know who he is and will agree that he belongs.

gmac

October 13, 2008, 03:21:57 pm #2 Last Edit: October 13, 2008, 03:41:36 pm by gmac
well the Mt Ida coach did not believe a 10th grader should play in the playoffs.

LIONS89

Quote from: gmac on October 13, 2008, 03:21:57 pm
well the Mt Ida coach did not believe a 10th grader should play in the playoffs.

WHAT ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT WE PLAYED 10TH GRADERS IN THE PLAYOFFS BACK IN 86 87 88

gmac

Sexi Can I

Devil Supporter

Carroll Wilson of Augusta-3 State Championships and 2 runner-ups in about a 15 year period.

jsk

Quote from: Wilson on October 13, 2008, 02:49:15 pm

Dido

Dayton Kitchens

October 14, 2008, 10:53:51 am #8 Last Edit: October 14, 2008, 10:55:49 am by Dayton Kitchens
Billy Dawson of Nashville.

Coach Tice of Harrison

To name just a couple.

Sorry, this was for 2A only.  I got carried away.

Dayton Kitchens

Coach Carpenter of course. 

And Clay Totty of Rison

Juice-Man

Quote from: Dayton Kitchens on October 14, 2008, 10:54:58 am

And Clay Totty of Rison
I don't neccesarily agree with you on Carpenter just yet.  He is an amazing coach.  He has turned a whole school around but give it time and he'll be a hall of fame calibur coach.

Clay Totty for sure though.

bleudog

October 14, 2008, 11:18:45 am #11 Last Edit: October 14, 2008, 12:45:44 pm by bleudog
Quote from: Juice Man on October 14, 2008, 11:10:02 am
Quote from: Dayton Kitchens on October 14, 2008, 10:54:58 am

And Clay Totty of Rison
I don't neccesarily agree with you on Carpenter just yet.  He is an amazing coach.  He has turned a whole school around but give it time and he'll be a hall of fame calibur coach.

Clay Totty for sure though.

Cooperstown has historically used 3,000 hits, 500 HR, or 300 wins as an informal voting standard for player entry.

In everybody's opinion, is there a "gold standard" for high school coaches when it comes to number of wins?

Wilson

I would think 200 wins.....maybe a little less .    Thats an average of 10 wins over 20 years so that may be a bit much.   These days there are not many coaches that coach that long.   They get into administration after so long it seems.    Not sure about the number of state titles it would take if the wins were low because of lack of years coaching.    Gayle Sayers (sp) only played in the NFL for about 6 years and made it to the HOF......but his numbers in those 6 years were outstanding.   

Lions84

unblockable1

what about carlises old coach that retired ;D

Juice-Man

Quote from: bleudog on October 14, 2008, 11:18:45 am
Cooperstown has historically used 3,000 hits, 500 HR, or 300 wins as an informal voting standard for player entry.

In everybody's opinion, is there a "gold standard" for high school coaches when it comes to number of wins?
Don't get me wrong here bleu.  In due time he will be named with the greats.  Just not yet.  His wins are oustanding, his win percentage is amazing, and his win margin is the best, but there's just the curse of the semi-finals hanging over his head.

Jesus Saves

bleudog

October 15, 2008, 09:25:52 am #18 Last Edit: October 15, 2008, 09:35:10 am by bleudog
Quote from: LIONS89 on October 13, 2008, 02:40:41 pm
SAW THIS ON THE 3A BOARD.......
If you could have a class 2A Coaching Hall of Fame who would you nominate ???
1. Frank Mccellan from Barton ( enough said )
2. Preston Stidman from Mt.Ida ( coach both Jr and Sr football team for years,numerous conference titles,state playoff appearences ) 
  Would be a great start....
    Who else

http://www.yourwebpress.com/sites/ashf/lists.php/mode/details/id/25

Quote from: Wilson on October 13, 2008, 02:49:15 pm

http://www.yourwebpress.com/sites/ashf/lists.php/mode/details/id/113

R. A.™

joe hart from mccrory
Coach Curtis king from Augusta

Coach Mac D

Coach Hart was a good coach my dad played for him at Beebe and My dad used to take me to McCrory football games as a kid to watch his team. Great Guy and can cook some fish too.

bear backer

Quote from: Jesus Saves on October 15, 2008, 08:49:49 am
Lenny Sisson of Bearden. No doubt!!!
That's Right..Nobody loves the Bears football And Bball more then Lenny..He is a true fan win or loose..He should get the award

the game

Quote from: bear backer on October 15, 2008, 08:45:47 pm
Quote from: Jesus Saves on October 15, 2008, 08:49:49 am
Lenny Sisson of Bearden. No doubt!!!
That's Right..Nobody loves the Bears football And Bball more then Lenny..He is a true fan win or loose..He should get the award
Have too agree , along with Coach Parker , Lenny is right there ,in his dedication to the game 8)

R. A.™

Quote from: Coach Mac D on October 15, 2008, 01:25:12 pm
Coach Hart was a good coach my dad played for him at Beebe and My dad used to take me to McCrory football games as a kid to watch his team. Great Guy and can cook some fish too.

Was just inducted into the Henderson state athletic department hall of fame

Devil Supporter

I have to agree Coach Hart can cook the fish.

Coach Mac D

Quote from: R. A.™ on October 15, 2008, 09:46:01 pm
Quote from: Coach Mac D on October 15, 2008, 01:25:12 pm

Was just inducted into the Henderson state athletic department hall of fame
congrats to Coach Hart

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas