• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

Bentonville and NLR to participate in a border battle between Oklahoma schools...

Started by businesstron, May 18, 2018, 08:13:04 am

Previous topic - Next topic

businesstron

http://okpreps.com/2018/05/17/arkansas-oklahoma-battle-coming/

Should be a good matchup with Booker T Washington and Midwest Ceity.  NLR and Bentonville should win though. 

Okieback

Booker T will have speed on top of speed, they make fast people look slow! Lol
MWC will have some too, but they have only really had 3 relevant season since 2000. Last season was one 12-1.  So not the powerhouse they were pre 1995 (5 titles)
Booker t, has kinda been the same, 12-1, won it last year I think , first time playing for it since 2010, they do have 8 titles and numerous runner-ups over the years

I would say BTW by 17 over N little, and B ville would win over MWC by 10 or so

Razorback Red

Quote from: Okieback on May 21, 2018, 06:57:43 pm
Booker T will have speed on top of speed, they make fast people look slow! Lol
MWC will have some too, but they have only really had 3 relevant season since 2000. Last season was one 12-1.  So not the powerhouse they were pre 1995 (5 titles)
Booker t, has kinda been the same, 12-1, won it last year I think , first time playing for it since 2010, they do have 8 titles and numerous runner-ups over the years

I would say BTW by 17 over N little, and B ville would win over MWC by 10 or so

Thanks for the info Okieback!

I know BTW always has talent, but so does NLR.  I would be shocked if one has any advantage with speed or athleticism.  NLR brought in a new HC a few years back and he is doing a tremendous job getting that program to where it should be.   I'll go NLR by a TD in this one.

I agree with your assessment of the MWC / Bville game. 

bulldoghistorian

Lumberjackfan1978

Booker T and NLR should be a good game but I think Booker win's it... Bville should win their game by a touchdown

bbishop

NLR has a sophomore qb and an untested kicker. (Both for punting and field goals)

businesstron

I'm a go with NLR.  BTW might be the faster team and they also may have more D1 recruits but I think NLR will be able to run on them consistently and stop their offense consistently.  It probably be a hard founght game though. 

bulldoghistorian

PA Dad

PA Dad

NLR has three turnovers and now trail 27-15.  They have to clean up the turnovers.

bulldoghistorian

Quote from: PA Dad on August 25, 2018, 06:20:06 pm
NLR has three turnovers and now trail 27-15.  They have to clean up the turnovers.
Is it streamed or anything?

PA Dad

sportsguy80

PA Dad

PA Dad

sportsguy80

PA Dad

sportsguy80

PA Dad

NLR wins 29-28.  Impressive comeback late in the game from 13 points down.  Great win over a very good team.

I hope Bentonville makes it a sweep.

sportsguy80

Quote from: PA Dad on August 25, 2018, 06:49:52 pm
NLR wins 29-28.  Impressive comeback late in the game from 13 points down.  Great win over a very good team.

I hope Bentonville makes it a sweep.
Me too!

sportsguy80

PA Dad

tazz

Bentonville dominating all but the scoreboard in this game.

They should pull away in the 4th.

PA Dad

Bentonville is making some early season mistakes and has let Midwest City back in the game.  Game is now tied after a safety and Midwest City gets the ball.

tazz

Well ,  so much for them pulling away. 

I'm surprised though.  MWC didn't seem to move the ball at all until the last part of 3rd qtr.
Until then, it felt like MWC was struggling to stay in the game.

PA Dad

We've had two very close games.  Bentonville was in control of this game and started making mistakes.  They are still in the game because Midwest City missed two field goals. 

Bentonville was driving and just lost a fumble.

PA Dad

businesstron

riccoar

Bentonville dominated first 3 quarters.  All MWC's way from there on.  Bentonville player spiked the football after a touchdown which lead to a missed LONG XP.  That 1 point was huge.

PA Dad

Bentonville was the better team but made way too many mistakes in the second half.  They will get them corrected. 

It will be an interesting season. NLR also made a bunch of mistakes but came back to win.  I expect those teams will be in the final depending on the brackets.

tazz

Wow! BV had no business Losing that game.  They let MWC hang around when it felt like they could break it open in the second half. To their credit, MWC took advantage of the opportunities and capitalized. 

It felt like the game changed with the fluky turnover in the 3rd qtr. BV didn't look the same after that play. If they just cut the mistakes, this is a comfortable win. 

PA Dad

Quote from: businesstron on August 25, 2018, 03:14:18 pm
I'm a go with NLR.  BTW might be the faster team and they also may have more D1 recruits but I think NLR will be able to run on them consistently and stop their offense consistently.  It probably be a hard founght game though.

I think you nailed it.  Great game.

Razorback Red

Good game, not a lot of flare from either team.  Congrats MWC on the win.  They hung around and took advantage of mistakes, signs of a good team. 

This is prob Bville's weakest team in well over 10 years.  Several very solid players, but no true go-to guy.  QB play will get better, he looked very good at times tonight.   D played very well considering Bville's offense gave up 9 points and another 7 came from a 29-yd loss on a bad snap that put MWC at midfield. 

I didn't like Bville's play-calling in the 2nd half, they gave up on running the ball and put the 1st time starting QB in some bad spots.  Bville will win some games, but have a ton of work to do if they are going to compete down the stretch. 

tazz

I thought the qb  showed potential as well.  Not uncommon in season opener to have mistakes like tonight.

Luckily, this has game no bearing on conference standing and  the mistakes are fixable.  I think this BV team can contend at the end of the year. 

LH_DAD

Quote from: Razorback Red on August 26, 2018, 12:06:10 am
Good game, not a lot of flare from either team.  Congrats MWC on the win.  They hung around and took advantage of mistakes, signs of a good team. 

This is prob Bville's weakest team in well over 10 years.  Several very solid players, but no true go-to guy.  QB play will get better, he looked very good at times tonight.   D played very well considering Bville's offense gave up 9 points and another 7 came from a 29-yd loss on a bad snap that put MWC at midfield. 

I didn't like Bville's play-calling in the 2nd half, they gave up on running the ball and put the 1st time starting QB in some bad spots.  Bville will win some games, but have a ton of work to do if they are going to compete down the stretch.
Totally agree.  They let this game slip away.  Weird game for sure.

friscokid

I love these interstate matchups and would love to see more of the smaller schools get in on the action.

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas