• Welcome to Fearless Friday Bulletin Boards. Please login or sign up.

 FF is powered by:        Do Not Sell My Personal Information

West Memphis @ Greenwood

Started by High Voltage, November 18, 2017, 07:53:43 am

Previous topic - Next topic

Who Wins?

Greenwood
32 (56.1%)
West Memphis
25 (43.9%)

Total Members Voted: 57

Voting closed: November 25, 2017, 07:53:43 am

High Voltage

Billy Elmore returns to Greenwood where he as the DC won a State Championship with Peacock.

bulldogger15

Quote from: High Voltage on November 18, 2017, 07:53:43 am
Billy Elmore returns to Greenwood where he as the DC won a State Championship with Peacock.
And now Billy Elmore brings his West Memphis team home to get throttled 41 to 14 by the Greenwood BULLDOGS!

GO BULLDOGS!!!

rona

Quote from: High Voltage on November 18, 2017, 07:53:43 am

Good to have Billy coming Home. A really good Coach with Lots of Family to enjoy the week-End.

Mr_Deb

WM is a lot more balanced than in years past and they're deep enough defensively to adjust to most any look an opposing offense wíll give them. Size wise we're not as big or as powerful as in years past but the speed is definitely still there and when you're deep wîth speed you'll always have a shot to win big games. Coaching is as good as any I've seen in WM no doubt about that one, I'm not too familiar wîth Greenwood outside of knowing they've got a heck of a football program led by a legendary coach.

I think it'll be a good game we're a little more healthy at the right time now along with having the speed and depth to compete, in my opinion it'll come down to who executes the best. I can't really put a score on it since it could be lopsided or a close one, again it'll come down to execution in my book.

Go Debs!

Mr_Deb

November 18, 2017, 11:40:19 am #4 Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 11:42:08 am by Mr_Deb
Will say I'm super proud of our team this year, not a lot of guys get to play on 10 win teams in front of a rowdy filled stadium CERTAINLY not that team across the tracks named Marn... tehehe ;D

bulldogger15

Quote from: rona on November 18, 2017, 11:07:06 am
Good to have Billy coming Home. A really good Coach with Lots of Family to enjoy the week-End.
I'm sure there are several "old friends" Billy Elmore would LOVE to see while back in the Wood. Right Rona? Great guy!?!?!?

GO BULLDOGS!!!

Pr8hd

I'm a Billy Elmore fan, but maybe not as much this week. Any other time, I wish him nothing but success. It'll be good to see a different team for a change come to GW for the semi's. I think it will be a good one.

westmem

WM we don't have the size like greenwood we seen that with Benton but we play like we have big size with speed if we can tired them big boys out we may have a chance I can't put a score on this  but I hope we come out with a upset

Lets go!!!!

ricepig

Quote from: westmem on November 18, 2017, 02:44:07 pm
WM we don't have the size like greenwood we seen that with Benton but we play like we have big size with speed if we can tired them big boys out we may have a chance I can't put a score on this  but I hope we come out with a upset

Lets go!!!!

I thought your OL had good size when you played Jonesboro, DL was decent, too. The best thing I saw on WM was the DB's, pretty good coverage skills for a high school team, that's usually deficient in the high school level.

Baitshop

November 18, 2017, 03:37:22 pm #9 Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 03:40:47 pm by Baitshop
Short of the UofG having a case of the TO's, West Memphis will have to score 24+ to leave Greenwood with a victory...

sportsguy80

November 18, 2017, 04:50:31 pm #10 Last Edit: November 18, 2017, 07:46:49 pm by sportsguy80
This will definitely be the most athletic team GW has seen this year. I'm curious to see how dominant GW defense will be.

RD™

Greenwood 35 West Memphis 17.

Think I may attend this one.

rona

Quote from: RD™ on November 18, 2017, 05:40:48 pm
Greenwood 35 West Memphis 17.

Think I may attend this one.

Don't know what WM has for offense, but Greenwood Defense will be dominate. greenwood offense dues really good game - if they show up for 4 Qtr.  The #s could get very large!

westmem

I don't no nothing about greenwood or they style of play but if WM start to gel they r untouchable

beaverfan007

Why can't this be the state finals

High Voltage

Quote from: beaverfan007 on November 18, 2017, 10:04:58 pm
Why can't this be the state finals
Because West Memphis lost to Pine Bluff.

Mr_Deb

I should've known mentioning Mar'n would bring the gray haired groupies out ;D

Bulldogfan44

Thankful to be able to Practice on Thanksgiving again! It has become tradition! Thursday and Friday can't get here soon enough! Go Bulldogs!!

The Future

I'm not real sure on a score prediction for this one.
I'll just say Greenwood by 24.

Taking absolutely nothing away from Texarkana because they played their hearts out and played very well, but Greenwood had some mental errors and headscratcher moments Friday night ie Connors throw that ended up being a backwards pass that Texarkana recovered. Had we started out as hot as we were in the second half then we might have scored another TD or 2. But hey that shows how good the Hogs can be, twice in one year keeping Greenwood under 40 points.

If we have a slow start and make mistakes against this Blue Devils team it could be a closer game than most expect. But now we aren't coming off a bye and we are back in our routine and we have one of the best coaching staff in the state. We will be ready.

It's always exciting to play new teams. Partly because the away team's fans don't know about the national anthem fireworks. And they can getcha if you're not expecting them lol

rona

Bulldogfan44

Quote from: The Future on November 20, 2017, 06:39:05 am
I'm not real sure on a score prediction for this one.
I'll just say Greenwood by 24.

Taking absolutely nothing away from Texarkana because they played their hearts out and played very well, but Greenwood had some mental errors and headscratcher moments Friday night ie Connors throw that ended up being a backwards pass that Texarkana recovered. Had we started out as hot as we were in the second half then we might have scored another TD or 2. But hey that shows how good the Hogs can be, twice in one year keeping Greenwood under 40 points.

If we have a slow start and make mistakes against this Blue Devils team it could be a closer game than most expect. But now we aren't coming off a bye and we are back in our routine and we have one of the best coaching staff in the state. We will be ready.

It's always exciting to play new teams. Partly because the away team's fans don't know about the national anthem fireworks. And they can getcha if you're not expecting them lol
Will never forget PB reaction during the National Anthem 😂. They hit the deck like shots were being fired 😂

Almahasbeen

I'll be travelling from alma to see this one, hope the bulldogs put on a good show!

The Future

Quote from: Almahasbeen on November 20, 2017, 12:55:09 pm
I'll be travelling from alma to see this one, hope the bulldogs put on a good show!

Well we'll allow you to sit on the home side if you wish.
You just can't wear that stinkin green color  :D haha

Don't worry we got you covered. We shoot blue Greenwood T-shirt's out of a cannon to the crowd. If you try, you could probably get one!

Almahasbeen

Quote from: The Future on November 20, 2017, 01:25:51 pm
Well we'll allow you to sit on the home side if you wish.
You just can't wear that stinkin green color  :D haha

Don't worry we got you covered. We shoot blue Greenwood T-shirt's out of a cannon to the crowd. If you try, you could probably get one!

My dad was a greenwood cop for 15 years i'll just borrow one of his hahaha me and a whole heard of Almanians are coming to cheer for the bulldogs!

westmem

WM will be ready let get this upset and lets shock them bulldogs

GO BIG BLUE

zebrafan

Quote from: Bulldogfan44 on November 20, 2017, 11:53:02 am
Will never forget PB reaction during the National Anthem 😂. They hit the deck like shots were being fired 😂
Hahahaha Hahahaha! Man that's soooo funny! 😂😂😂😂😂 OMG I'm laughing sooooo hard!

Bulldogfan44

Quote from: zebrafan on November 20, 2017, 05:21:14 pm
Hahahaha Hahahaha! Man that's soooo funny! 😂😂😂😂😂 OMG I'm laughing sooooo hard!
It's so true though 😂 was so funny at the time.

zebrafan

Quote from: Bulldogfan44 on November 20, 2017, 06:29:25 pm
It's so true though 😂 was so funny at the time.
Oh man I know! That's hilarious man! 😂😂😂😂😂

Bigfootdogfan

Can anyone tell me if any of this years West Memphis games are recorded and available to be seen by the public on the Internet ?

westmem

It will be recorded when we take y'all down

jeffslilbro

Pr8hd

WM still down to their 3rd string QB? Not sure how accurate that is but I think it was them I saw that this was the case.

Mr_Deb

https://brians.wsu.edu/2016/05/31/saw-seen/

In standard English, it's "I've seen" not "I've saw." The helping verb "have" (abbreviated here to "'ve") requires "seen." In the simple past (no helping verb), the expression is "I saw," not "I seen." "I've seen a lot of ugly cars, but when I saw that old beat-up Rambler I couldn't believe my eyes."

Well there's that... hope the thread can remain somewhat relevant to the topic and not drift off into hillbilly scrabble.

Mr_Deb

Jeez I might as well be Elvis around here... except Elvis probably had prettier groupies, all I've got is old billy goats interested in me ;D

AT

Quote from: westmem on November 20, 2017, 07:43:06 pm
It will be recorded when we take y'all down

This is going unnoticed. Underrated jab.

zebrafan

Quote from: Almatrackster on November 20, 2017, 10:01:49 pm
+1

As for the game I have Greenwood by 20, really curious to see how it plays out! WM offense will have to get going especially against that defense.

Pr8hd

November 21, 2017, 06:24:06 am #36 Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 07:22:47 am by Pr8hd
Quote from: Almatrackster on November 20, 2017, 10:01:49 pm

Nope not unnoticed, just not warranted  or respected enough to qualify or quantify a direct response, nor is Mr. Grammar Police with his English lesson and link. If that junior high stuff is all they got, the game will be over before they get off the bus unless De'Arrius Howard has some more eligibility for them. Two people ask legit questions about the game or their team, and they want to play Baker Mayfield. My guess is neither will make the trek across the state to actually watch or support their team Friday as well,but play message board hero instead.   

GW has only lost at home 4 times in the last 87 games or so, I fully expect GW will uphold a date with PB in War Memorial. Unlike WM, GW has been in this spot more recently, played for more titles, actually own more titles (does WM have any in football in any classification??),  and are a well established program, not a blip on the radar.  Last I knew WM was relevant in football was over a decade ago, when the Springdale Five and another Bulldog team beat their brains in circa 2005. Ironically, the game before that boat race, GW captured the first of their 3peats under Jones. 

GW isn't Marion, whom seem to be the only team they can crow about. My guess is they will find that out Friday though. However, GW won't be giving English lessons, they will be "learnin' dem Debils up bout foosball"- sorry their is no hillbilly font, so Cajun is about the best I can do. I guess I need to get "Hooked on Phonics" , so maybe Mr. Deb will loan me his copy.  ;D

Wildcat Football

Quote from: Pr8hd on November 20, 2017, 08:13:07 pm
WM still down to their 3rd string QB? Not sure how accurate that is but I think it was them I saw that this was the case.
No, they have Troxler (think that his name) back at QB, believe he was injured earlier for a game or two.  He played well in second half of Benton game.  For scouting purposes, he scrambles well when pressured and likes to run after sending receivers downfield to open field & space, but I don't think GW will have any problems with WM offense.  They really have the good RB and QB and pretty one-dimensional after watching 3 games on HUDL. Their defense is pretty solid on edges, but K. Wood will have success running through interior line.

Wildcat Football

November 21, 2017, 09:48:40 am #38 Last Edit: November 21, 2017, 10:06:50 am by Wildcat Football
Quote from: Wildcat Football on November 21, 2017, 09:46:23 am
No, they have Troxler (think that his name) back at QB, believe he was injured earlier for a game or two.  He played well in second half of Benton game.  For scouting purposes, he scrambles well when pressured and likes to run after sending receivers downfield to open field & space, but I don't think GW will have any problems with WM offense.  They really have the good RB and QB and pretty one-dimensional after watching 3 games on HUDL. Their defense is pretty solid on edges, but K. Wood will have success running through interior line.
3rd string QB was on Benton team after losing first 2 QBs to ACL tear in Week 4, and next one was due to concussions.  3rd String QB for Benton was really a receiver and went out in 3rd qtr of WM game with injury.  That is one reason Benton didn't score in second half...game was tied 21-21 at half, but WM is a good team and deserves to be in semi-finals.

Pr8hd

Quote from: Wildcat Football on November 21, 2017, 09:48:40 am
3rd string QB was on Benton team after losing first 2 QBs to ACL tear in Week 4, and next one was due to concussions.  3rd String QB for Benton was really a receiver and went out in 3rd qtr of WM game with injury.  That is one reason Benton didn't score in second half...game was tied 21-21 at half, but WM is a good team and deserves to be in semi-finals.

+1 Good analysis Wildcat....Wood has been GW's workhorse all season. GW is way more balanced than most people realize when they think of GW being a spread/throw first team.They take what's working and what the defense is giving them. So, if they cover well on the edges I'd look for Wood to tote the ball a lot. 

westmem

Can't wait for this upset greenwood are y'all ready for this game

Bulldogfan44

Quote from: westmem on November 21, 2017, 10:51:04 am
Can't wait for this upset greenwood are y'all ready for this game
We have been ready. Get ready to see some Real Football be played

Wildcat Football

Quote from: Pr8hd on November 21, 2017, 10:48:35 am
+1 Good analysis Wildcat....Wood has been GW's workhorse all season. GW is way more balanced than most people realize when they think of GW being a spread/throw first team.They take what's working and what the defense is giving them. So, if they cover well on the edges I'd look for Wood to tote the ball a lot.
Again, for scouting report, WM has a good return guy on kickoffs/punt returns....WM defense has some good speed, not that big except a couple of players mostly on O-Line.  Their DE Hargraves? is a beast and secondary is better than most.  After watching both teams, my prediction is GW wins by 3 TDs or more, wishing it would be closer though.  GW defense is just too good this year.  However, I do expect PB game in finals to be close if they get by Searcy QB/WRs who are hot as of late.

westmem

Seriously
WM 57
Collar green 45

Rematch game
WM 24
Peanut 🥜 butter 23

Bulldogfan44

Quote from: westmem on November 21, 2017, 11:49:06 am
Seriously
WM 57
Collar green 45

Rematch game
WM 24
Peanut 🥜 butter 23
Dude what are you Smoking 😂😂

The Future

Ha! Peanut butter!! That made me laugh.

Scoring over 50 on Greenwood when we allow like 12 a game?? Ain't happening.

If y'all did happen to beat us, it'll be like 14-7 or 24-21. You'll have to keep our offense out of the end zone as well as hope y'all can get some scores in early. Because our defense ain't giving you 50 points.

rona

Mr_Deb

Quote from: Pr8hd on November 21, 2017, 06:24:06 am
Nope not unnoticed, just not warranted  or respected enough to qualify or quantify a direct response, nor is Mr. Grammar Police with his English lesson and link. If that junior high stuff is all they got, the game will be over before they get off the bus unless De'Arrius Howard has some more eligibility for them. Two people ask legit questions about the game or their team, and they want to play Baker Mayfield. My guess is neither will make the trek across the state to actually watch or support their team Friday as well,but play message board hero instead.   

GW has only lost at home 4 times in the last 87 games or so, I fully expect GW will uphold a date with PB in War Memorial. Unlike WM, GW has been in this spot more recently, played for more titles, actually own more titles (does WM have any in football in any classification??),  and are a well established program, not a blip on the radar.  Last I knew WM was relevant in football was over a decade ago, when the Springdale Five and another Bulldog team beat their brains in circa 2005. Ironically, the game before that boat race, GW captured the first of their 3peats under Jones. 

GW isn't Marion, whom seem to be the only team they can crow about. My guess is they will find that out Friday though. However, GW won't be giving English lessons, they will be "learnin' dem Debils up bout foosball"- sorry their is no hillbilly font, so Cajun is about the best I can do. I guess I need to get "Hooked on Phonics" , so maybe Mr. Deb will loan me his copy.  ;D

Got dog... what in the world are you on about?

First off I'm definitely not the grammar police, secondly it's highly doubtful westmem is actually from West Memphis, personally I believe he's from somewhere else he's just moonstruck over us and lastly I wouldn't say WM football is a blip on the radar. West Memphis football has thirty something playoff appearances, played in numerous title games, won close to thirty conference titles and has sent about 3 or 4 athletes to the NFL...  maybe not the Kings of Football but probably not some johnny come lately club either.

Also that other bulldog team besides '05 would be the Cox led Little Rock Central tigers (back to back) unless you're referring to that Springdale team WM roughed up in '11.

Keyboard hero that's funny  ;D

Hogman2018

WM just doesnt know how good Greenwood defense is!! Greenwood wins by at least 21 points!

Pr8hd

November 22, 2017, 04:42:33 pm #49 Last Edit: November 22, 2017, 04:44:26 pm by Pr8hd
Quote from: Mr_Deb on November 21, 2017, 07:57:27 pm
Got dog... what in the world are you on about?

First off I'm definitely not the grammar police, secondly it's highly doubtful westmem is actually from West Memphis, personally I believe he's from somewhere else he's just moonstruck over us and lastly I wouldn't say WM football is a blip on the radar. West Memphis football has thirty something playoff appearances, played in numerous title games, won close to thirty conference titles and has sent about 3 or 4 athletes to the NFL...  maybe not the Kings of Football but probably not some johnny come lately club either.

Also that other bulldog team besides '05 would be the Cox led Little Rock Central tigers (back to back) unless you're referring to that Springdale team WM roughed up in '11.

Keyboard hero that's funny  ;D

Quote from: Mr_Deb on November 20, 2017, 09:30:06 pm
https://brians.wsu.edu/2016/05/31/saw-seen/

In standard English, it's "I've seen" not "I've saw." The helping verb "have" (abbreviated here to "'ve") requires "seen." In the simple past (no helping verb), the expression is "I saw," not "I seen." "I've seen a lot of ugly cars, but when I saw that old beat-up Rambler I couldn't believe my eyes."

Well there's that... hope the thread can remain somewhat relevant to the topic and not drift off into hillbilly scrabble.

Does your grammar website work on punctuation as well? After all, you have one of the biggest run-on sentences I have ever seen (note I took your advice) on your reply. Comma placement and proper sentence structure can be your friend...just saying!  ;)

By the way, I am still waiting to hear how many total state titles WM has in football?

You have a fine coach and the Devils have had a good season, but it comes to an end in a couple of days.

Happy Thanksgiving!

#ForksDown

Fox 16 Arkansas Fox 24 Arkansas